Summoning + Hunter = ???

Rahila

So, we all have seen the development diary, and theres no getting around it...Summoning is finally here.

Having gotten 99 hunter a few months ago, I was of course interested when they noted that Hunter will be the backbone of Summoning.

What i'm wondering is if you guys think that along with summoning, hunter will get a massive update as well.

Do you think that we should stock up on any current hunter animals? or do you think low level hunters should raise they're current hunter levels?

I was also thinking that this update could turn hunter into a massive moneymaker (more than with only chinchompas).

Think about it...With mining and smithing, people who want to raise smithing fast BUY all of the ores from miners. If summoning and hunter are to be similar, the only way i can see it is people training summoning have to BUY the supplies from high level hunters if they do not have the required level.

All I can say is I'm glad I have 99 hunter and I hope that it will give me a boost in training summoning <3:

I think what they mean is using things from hunter to summon things eg.

Chinchompas

Kebbit Claws

Red Feathers

That sorta stuff

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Personally, the way things were worded, there was a lot of double talk in that article.

To say that this skill will have a single skill as it's backbone is probably a really big misconception. Will Hunter play a role in Summoning? Probably. But I think Magic could play an equal role in it as well. And who knows, maybe even Farming could play a role in Summoning.

I just doubt Summoning will be all about using animals. Jagex made it sound as though Animals would be just a small part of Summoning. Otherwise there would be no reason to change the name back from "Animal Lore" to "Summoning". As they said it was.

So in theory... the Hunting skill in of itself could consist of maybe 33% of the skill. Maybe 50%. It's not like people will have to look to high level Hunters as a means of buying levels.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Well, what Hunter missed out on is including normal animals into the mix. Imagine being about to trap Unicorns for its horns (with rapid respawn), Bears, Monkeys, etc. for useful items.

Now, looking at the graphics, it's possible Jagex will allow hunter to work on more mundane animals and use that in the summoning mix.

So, will it be, use a remnant of said animal (you get remnant from hunting or combat) to summon it. Once summoned, the animal helps you in some task, be it a skill, combat, quest, or transport.

Yes, I can see Hunter getting a little boost to assist the Summoning update. Wonder if other skills (like magic) will get the same treatment.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Has anyone ever noticed summoning in the lore (Demon Slayer, the Necromancers and Malignus Mortifier or whatever his name is, Shadow of the Storm, etc.) Never involved magic, which had runes as the primary/major source of power? :-k

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Yes, finally, a use for all those colored feathers in my bank! :pray:

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

its a discussion thread not a i have 99 hunter thread :shame:

they wont effect each other because.. they would have been released together otherwise.. and theyre completely different things..

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

its a discussion thread not a i have 99 hunter thread :shame:

they wont effect each other because.. they would have been released together otherwise.. and theyre completely different things..

Did Jagex release farming with either herblore or woodcutting? I think not...and what else is farming good for?

And do you seriously not understand that you can CATCH animals using the hunter skill, and then train them in order to summon them?

I hope not :shock: my hunters only 57 #-o

hunters a joke it doesnt take long to get it to 99 you could have it there way before summonings released.

Maybe if you play 10 hours a day...I have 99 hunter and i did not think it was a joke...All 99 skills are hard to acheive.

Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with the fact that you have 99 hunter or whatever the case may be.

Personally, the way things were worded, there was a lot of double talk in that article.

To say that this skill will have a single skill as it's backbone is probably a really big misconception. Will Hunter play a role in Summoning? Probably. But I think Magic could play an equal role in it as well. And who knows, maybe even Farming could play a role in Summoning.

I just doubt Summoning will be all about using animals. Jagex made it sound as though Animals would be just a small part of Summoning. Otherwise there would be no reason to change the name back from "Animal Lore" to "Summoning". As they said it was.

So in theory... the Hunting skill in of itself could consist of maybe 33% of the skill. Maybe 50%. It's not like people will have to look to high level Hunters as a means of buying levels.

yes, i want to summon a bow!

yes, i want to summon a bow!

I want to summon dancing bananas! :oops: (or at least make it the cape emote... :mrgreen: )

*stocks up useless and not-so-useless items* I just wonder what will come from eggs.

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

I hope not :shock: my hunters only 57 #-o

hunters a joke it doesnt take long to get it to 99 you could have it there way before summonings released.

Maybe if you play 10 hours a day...I have 99 hunter and i did not think it was a joke...All 99 skills are hard to acheive.

Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with the fact that you have 99 hunter or whatever the case may be.

tbh i got 99 hunter today and i laughed how easy it was and how people make it seem hard to get its half the speed of cooking basically :S

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Has anyone ever noticed summoning in the lore (Demon Slayer, the Necromancers and Malignus Mortifier or whatever his name is, Shadow of the Storm, etc.) Never involved magic, which had runes as the primary/major source of power? :-k

Good point.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Did Jagex release farming with either herblore or woodcutting? I think not...and what else is farming good for?

Cooking... not to mention that probably one of the easiest ways to get most seeds is by Thieving. So yeah... pretty silly for anyone to say a single skill will be a "backbone" for another.

If the skill was simplistic, like Smithing or Runecrafting I could see someone claiming that. But it isn't going to be simple as far as design goes. Otherwise we would've had it years ago.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

Cooking... not to mention that probably one of the easiest ways to get most seeds is by Thieving. So yeah... pretty silly for anyone to say a single skill will be a "backbone" for another.

If the skill was simplistic, like Smithing or Runecrafting I could see someone claiming that. But it isn't going to be simple as far as design goes. Otherwise we would've had it years ago.

That's a good point y2g, I completely agree it won't be the sole backbone of summoning, but thats just the way it sounded in the development diary.

I'm just curious to see whether hunter will get a big update from this skill.