hitpoints glitch

Star_Fox

i was dueling in the arena. i fought a lvl 83, when he had a half bar left, i managed to special him 5-5 and he automatically died when he should of had

more health left. anyone notice this? this happened to several more duels.

if you guys dont know what im talking about, here! ill draw you a nice picture.

hitpointglitchoi6.png

a few answers to you guys

YES i sent a report to jagex

YES this is a bug

AND I KNOW its in the wrong forums, but the board im supposed to post in had no audience, so i would like to alert this to some of you, and im sorry. O:)

What weapons were you guys using, what level was the other guy, etc.

Give more information to help jagex figure out whats causing it.

this is basically all i told them. obviously the RSOF's flooding with these threads about the bug. i hope they fix it soon, i wouldnt want to be falsely reported for bug abusing when im not. :roll:

edit: i was using a drag dagger, the lv 83 was using crystals.

This is also happening to me sometimes as I'm training on moss giants. I noticed it only really happens when theres a couple people fighting it at once. Might have something to do with that. (Your spec hit 2 times at once which is basically the same scenario.)

Ya, it is most likely just the result of some lag due to some of the recent updates or something of that nature.

I too have been getting this mostly in places where I lag when killing things, for example when I am Cannoning Kalphite Soldiers for my slayer.

I thought it was just lag as I was playing on Dial Up this weekend, but then returned home and found the same results back on my good connection.

Not that it bothers me too much as I still would get my full slayer experience all the time :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

*gets the hell out of the kalphite lair just in case*

Has anyone seen if this is officially a bug yet? was it already known when a bug report was sent in?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

Moved to Runescape Bugs & Suggestions.

Laikrob,

Tip.It Moderator

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

lol, i was killing a guard with 3 other guys, i hitted a 17 and he hitted a 3, that means the guard should have 2 hp left, but on the bar it was like 5% of bar gone, then a girl hitted 2 and the guard died and i got clue scroll :D

Bunny ears and Pures= Da best : )

Its more like a delay in the damage being done. This happens with the dds especially, the first part of the damage is registered, but the second one isn't. The damage is done, but you just don't see it on the damage bar.

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

System Update...

This is to fix various issues that have occured but most noticably players or npcs dying when they appear to have more than 0 hit points remaining. We've also adjusted the random events that can occur at the Grand Exchange and you will notice that the player stock in shops empties slightly faster.

Thank you for your patience.

Fixed.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I see this happen every now and then to NPCs. They'll just lie on the ground with more hp, and if you attack them, they don't attack back. Usually it's just a man, so i put it out of it's mysery, but I've never seen it happen to a player.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I see this happen every now and then to NPCs. They'll just lie on the ground with more hp, and if you attack them, they don't attack back. Usually it's just a man, so i put it out of it's mysery, but I've never seen it happen to a player.

Thats completely different from the bug discussed here. The one you are talking about is completely due to lag, this one is that the picture of the hp is not updating as fast as the actual hp, therefore resulting in it seeming that the player/NPC still has hp left when they are actually have none.

And the bug has already been fixed!

~Ddaanniiellh

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!