price of sharks

Alex_Ewan_1

I fish sharks and then sell them for money. last week i sold 1k sharks for 1million.

Now i put 500 sharks in GE and the highest price is less than 750.

I just don't understand where jagex is coming from with that pricing.

Now i am goinng to have to get a new way to make money becuase it is no longer worth it at these kind of prices....

discuss becuase i am angry at the moment.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

yeah but nobody will buy at 900+ each when they can just get it for less at GE

That's only true if people are willing to sell at that price, and if the price is, in fact, higher then who would sell at that price? That's the basics of economics.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

You sold 1k sharks for 1M last week?

That's already a good price.

Last week I had 2k sharks and couldn't sell them for over 900, and ended up selling at 850.

Uncooked sharks have been around 800-850 for a while, so this price change isn't that drastic.

icecube7.jpeg

They keep telling you to sell it on the forums, on W2, etc. But there isn't any buyers! The buyers are all using the GXchange because it is simple: just hone your skills until you've got a suitable offer! Talk about hassle free indeed!

The GXchange is almost like eBay on RuneScape. Fast, efficient, reliable.

The prices will keep going down because buyers will constantly bid the lowest possible price and desperate sellers will keep selling at the lowest possible price. This in turn, brings the market price down. Ever noticed the price of common items going down at the rate of 100gp/24hrs?

drapit.png

YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re assuming theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re willing to sell for that low on the GEÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

That' s good for the bots, more coustomers for them. You know that bots have no limits, they' ll just keep coming.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Your obviously not looking hard enough. I found people buying for 1k each on world 18 in edgeville.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Your obviously not looking hard enough. I found people buying for 1k each on world 18 in edgeville.

Well those are smaller amounts, do they buy mass like 5k+? or even 2k+?

icecube7.jpeg

:lol:

No, sorry, not even close.

On eBay buyers and sellers are free to agree upon prices that they like. No Politburo stands around telling them what the "official price" is. On eBay you put items up and they sell. You offer to buy items and you get them.

And for that reason, eBay works... And the Grand Excrement doesn't.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

:lol:

No, sorry, not even close.

On eBay buyers and sellers are free to agree upon prices that they like. No Politburo stands around telling them what the "official price" is. On eBay you put items up and they sell. You offer to buy items and you get them.

And for that reason, eBay works... And the Grand Excrement doesn't.

Who cares if great exchange doesn't work for some goods? Just sell the damn things on the forum and stop acting like jagex is forcing you to choose a price. They aren't and I'm starting to get sick of seeing this attitude of yours in GE related threads.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Couldn't get a buyer going over 720ea on forums.

GE is messed up, i mena i left some cooked lobs on ge for 24 hours at 205 ea and not even 1 sells. I drop price to 201 ea and they all immediately sell.....

people only willing to buy at the minimum prices?

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!

GE is messed up, i mena i left some cooked lobs on ge for 24 hours at 205 ea and not even 1 sells. I drop price to 201 ea and they all immediately sell.....

No, it means that there are truckloads of sellers selling at minimum prices, and they all must sell before your ones 4gp more will move.

Then supply of sharks has obviously risen. Who's to blame? the geniuses who were stockpiling this stuff or the fact that it's easier to sell, and people feel that 720 each is a reasonable offer.

BlueSig6.jpg

That's only true if people are willing to sell at that price, and if the price is, in fact, higher then who would sell at that price? That's the basics of economics.

Yes, but most people WILL go and sell the sharks at the GE just for the added ease of not having to browse forums and hop worlds. Even if that means getting the lowest possible price for their goods.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

They aren't and I'm starting to get sick of seeing this attitude of yours in GE related threads.

No one is forcing you to read them then!

Jesus, I hate how the only thing some people can think of is "Then don't use it". That is basically saying "It's broken, but I'm going to shift the blame to you!!". It was added to be used and the least they could do is make prices accurate.

the reason for cooked selling slow is that raw are in higher demand because of the sheer number of skillers that want 99 cooking but hate to fish. try not cooking then sell a couple gp below the average. they sell fast.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Sorry, I am one of those selling cooked shark at lowest prices at the GE. I simply can't be bothered to find a buyer when GE is so fast and convenient. I think you might find that lobs are better for making money now, you catch them much faster than shark and the price per lobs isn't bad in comparison to the time it takes go get (vs sharks).

Ya, well shark prices we're down before the GE right? I remember I got into fishing because my friend who had a full set of sara (My fav armor at that time) had 76 fishing and fished and sold sharks. I thought it was excellent cash (and it's not too bad now i guess, im f2p atm soo i don't really know), but as soon as i got 76 fishing, shark prices plummeted. It was horrible.

MSSW3-Banner.gif

wow. lazy merchant. although im going to flamed about saying that i couldn't care less because i unlike you look at the grand exchange as a money making monopoly.

you just don't know how to use it. and therefore you are lazy for not finding out where to sell and what to sell. it took me one trip to the grand exchange to find out i could make 4m in a week if i went hardcore on it. which will probably be the case around winter brake.

if you looked in the right crevices you would find people too lazy to go to the ge and the macroes although they're the problem they help you if you think really hard. this isn't making sence to the any one i'm sure of it but again-i dont care. think up of ANY item and you can find that if you find the right place to sell you'll find you money making business. hope this will end your babble about your pointless rant about the grand exchange.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).