Is God real post your thoughts!

Joes_So_Cool

What if all the Gods in the respective world religions are real, and recruiting our souls after death to fight out a bitter eternal war in the afterlife against one another....

Its better to be an atheist :lol:

If we never feel tired, don't feel pain, "respawn" and have the option to not fight, it would be kinda awesome :thumbsup:

Atheist here btw :thumbup:

Ok so what you have just said is, if you die and you end up fighting you want to respawn when you die a second time? :lol:

Thats gotta suck, dieing TWICE. :lol:

perfetc_666.png

IM GOING TO LIVE FOREVER .......... or die trying

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if all the Gods in the respective world religions are real, and recruiting our souls after death to fight out a bitter eternal war in the afterlife against one another....

Haha! I always had this funny thought that all the Gods were like politicians trying to maintain and build the world in a angry, early-morning corporate meeting. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Better to put faith in humanity,

become reborn men and women with ties to no God,

band together under a flag of our own making,

and rebel.

Eh, we humans suck. I'll keep my faith out of humanity.

But on a side note, if there is an all powerful God, we can't exactly rebel... and even besides that the human race will never be united. It's virtually impossible to get everyone on the same side, even if everyone has the same views, there will always be one person that picks the other side just to be an [wagon]. Human nature I guess?

Pasty.png

and rebel.

We humans are capable of both fantastic achievements and co-operation: space exploration since the fall of the USSR being a good example, CERN and other international collaborative projects, but we are also capable of very very low actions: torture, murder, war, genocide etc.

Perhaps if we had more faith in ourselves to better the world in which we live in we could shift the balance further to the good things.

Proud owner of Questcape since 4th July 2009!! :D :D

sphinxor_86.png

Perhaps if we had more faith in ourselves to better the world in which we live in we could shift the balance further to the good things.

It might sound like circular logic, but I agree. A positive mentality is the only way to break the cycle. I can't stand when people say nothing can change how bad the world is. That's the exact reason why we don't see much progress - because people tell themselves it can't happen.

and rebel.

We humans are capable of both fantastic achievements and co-operation: space exploration since the fall of the USSR being a good example, CERN and other international collaborative projects, but we are also capable of very very low actions: torture, murder, war, genocide etc.

Good to be optimistic but as long as there is such a thing as free will the human race will never be better.

Blood brothers - papa roach. < youtube it, the man sings the truth. (in the chorus)

perfetc_666.png

Good to be optimistic but as long as there is such a thing as free will the human race will never be better.

As long as there is free will we can get better. We have made some steps forward. Racism was a more prevalent issue - it still might exist today but it isn't nearly as extreme as it used to be. Churches would kill you if you played a note that was supposed to represent the devil - nowadays people find that kind of thing ridiculous. People were burnt for being witches - pretty much everyone today knows that witches aren't even real.

I think we most certainly are making progress, just not enough. We still have a long road ahead of us, but I believe it's possible.

Blood brothers - papa roach. < youtube it, the man sings the truth. (in the chorus)

Sorry but I can't listen to that. It's Papa Roach.

As long as there is free will we can get better. We have made some steps forward. Racism was a more prevalent issue - it still might exist today but it isn't nearly as extreme as it used to be. Churches would kill you if you played a note that was supposed to represent the devil - nowadays people find that kind of thing ridiculous. People were burnt for being witches - pretty much everyone today knows that witches aren't even real.

I think we most certainly are making progress, just not enough. We still have a long road ahead of us, but I believe it's possible.

Sorry but I can't listen to that. It's Papa Roach.

Actualy most (about 70%) witches in Engalnd were acquitted, those who were found guilty were hanged rather than burned, blame the da vinci code.

Scots, French, Germans and the Italians strangled the "guilty" witches then burnt them on a stake.

The KKK and the BNP are still massive groups of racists, I have heard of said "devil note" but not much more.

Mankind maybe able to reduce "bad" things but there will always be "bad" people, you will never rid the world of murder, stealing, rape and cruelty.

Even if every person stopped murdering then animals would still kill (humans and other animals) and humans will always kill animals.

This is the chorus:

It's our nature to destroy ourselves

It's our nature to kill ourselves

It's our nature to kill each other

It's in our nature to kill, kill, kill

perfetc_666.png

Mankind maybe able to reduce "bad" things but there will always be "bad" people, you will never rid the world of murder, stealing, rape and cruelty.

Well I most certainly didn't mean we would be able to completely extinguish these problems 100%, so I apologize if it came out that way. We definitely are capable of minimizing it and making steps forward though.

It's our nature to destroy ourselves

It's our nature to kill ourselves

It's our nature to kill each other

It's in our nature to kill, kill, kill

Yep, very true. But at the same time it's also in our nature to complain and look for solutions to our problems.

If mankind is going to survive we have to at least TRY!

This is my point, for example, Global Warming is a major issue and we all need to try to do our best to curb our energy use. No amount of praying will get rid of global warming, we have to do it ourselves.

sphinxor_86.png

It's in our nature to destroy ourselves

It's in our nature to kill ourselves

It's in our nature to kill each other

It's in our nature to kill, kill, kill.

It's an instinct to preserve ourselves,

A strange compulsion to uplift ourselves;

It's in our nature to save each other--

And in our blood to think, think, think!

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

If mankind is going to survive we have to at least TRY!

This is my point, for example, Global Warming is a major issue and we all need to try to do our best to curb our energy use. No amount of praying will get rid of global warming, we have to do it ourselves.

Unless something out of our control happens like a massive meteor hits the earth and wipes out the human race or a new virus forms with no cure then we will all survive for millenia to come.

Global warming ISN'T a problem, the air is made up of about 0.03% of co2 so all this crap about recylcling every little thing and do everything to reduce the amount of co2 you produce is total crap. Think about the hypocrisy aswell there flying around in private jets with a few people on board all over the world all the time, couldn't they just go business class?

perfetc_666.png

Unless something out of our control happens like a massive meteor hits the earth and wipes out the human race or a new virus forms with no cure then we will all survive for millenia to come.

Global warming ISN'T a problem, the air is made up of about 0.03% of co2 so all this crap about recylcling every little thing and do everything to reduce the amount of co2 you produce is total crap. Think about the hypocrisy aswell there flying around in private jets with a few people on board all over the world all the time, couldn't they just go business class?

Erm a meteor wouldn't exactly curb global warming ::'

Some Physics: CO2 whilst being a small percentage of the atmosphere, is a well mixed gas. This means you can find it permeating the whole atmosphere, unlike for example Ozone which is found almost only in a layer at the top of the atmosphere. And just because its a small percentage, it doesn't mean it produces a small effect. Everything adds up. A flask of CO2 absorbs more infra-red light (heat) which is then re-released to the surroundings than a flask of ordinary air would. Its not just CO2 that contributes, Methane is highly warming, and water vapour is also a very powerful greenhouse gas.

Take for example one day, the extra amount of heat absorbed by the extra CO2 will be tiny, but not enough will escape into space at night (when the half the earth faces away from the sun) before the next day arrives, so a slightly warmer atmosphere then absorbs slightly more heat, adding and adding, more warming then creates more evaporation, adding to the effect.

Rain would normally wash CO2 out of the atmosphere given enough time, but we aren't allowing enough time for that to happen.

sphinxor_86.png

Some Physics: CO2 whilst being a small percentage of the atmosphere, is a well mixed gas. This means you can find it permeating the whole atmosphere, unlike for example Ozone which is found almost only in a layer at the top of the atmosphere. And just because its a small percentage, it doesn't mean it produces a small effect. Everything adds up. A flask of CO2 absorbs more infra-red light (heat) which is then re-released to the surroundings than a flask of ordinary air would. Its not just CO2 that contributes, Methane is highly warming, and water vapour is also a very powerful greenhouse gas.

Take for example one day, the extra amount of heat absorbed by the extra CO2 will be tiny, but not enough will escape into space at night (when the half the earth faces away from the sun) before the next day arrives, so a slightly warmer atmosphere then absorbs slightly more heat, adding and adding, more warming then creates more evaporation, adding to the effect.

Rain would normally wash CO2 out of the atmosphere given enough time, but we aren't allowing enough time for that to happen.

What no one seems to realize is global warming happens naturally. It will eventually happen and there IS NOTHING you can do to stop it.

What no one seems to realize is global warming happens naturally. It will eventually happen and there IS NOTHING you can do to stop it.

I know global warming happens then it cools down then it heats up, it is just a massive cycle that the goverment and newspapers forget to mention.

My favorite book (the genral book of ignorace) says that the fumes out of a car's exhaust create ozone when it is mixed with sunlight, so go forth people and drive your cars cos you are repairing the ozone layer! :lol:

I didn't say a meteor would help with global warming.

perfetc_666.png

My favorite book (the genral book of ignorace) says that the fumes out of a car's exhaust create ozone when it is mixed with sunlight, so go forth people and drive your cars cos you are repairing the ozone layer! :lol:

That's absolute rubbish, low level ozone never makes it into the upper atmosphere, thus it will never help to replenish the ozone layer. It is in fact responsible for aggravating respiratory diseases/conditions.

Yes global warming is part of a natural cycle, but you're missing the point!!! Natural global warming happens on a cycle of hundreds of thousands to millions of years, and the resulting climate change is a gradual process, giving most life a chance to adapt.

Right now, humans are exponentially adding CO2 to the atmosphere and pressing the fast forward button on the system, some species are already struggling to adapt, amphibians as a group, as well as mammals... a hotter climate favours reptilian and insect life... and we're mammals :ugeek:

sphinxor_86.png

Guys, you're forgetting what thread this is :lol:

I think a Global Warming thread wouldn't be a bad idea though if you want to keep going. It's an interesting discussion, just not exactly in the right place :P

As for believing in God, I don't. I think watching Star Trek as a child led me to believe that there is a scientific explanation for everything. Even though I went to a Christian school, I never bought into it I guess.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

That's absolute rubbish, low level ozone never makes it into the upper atmosphere, thus it will never help to replenish the ozone layer. It is in fact responsible for aggravating respiratory diseases/conditions.

Yes global warming is part of a natural cycle, but you're missing the point!!! Natural global warming happens on a cycle of hundreds of thousands to millions of years, and the resulting climate change is a gradual process, giving most life a chance to adapt.

Right now, humans are exponentially adding CO2 to the atmosphere and pressing the fast forward button on the system, some species are already struggling to adapt, amphibians as a group, as well as mammals... a hotter climate favours reptilian and insect life... and we're mammals :ugeek:

actually its cycle goes from a normal, stable temperature to a significantly hotter one quite fast, and the cycles arent hundreds of thousands-millions, its only in the tens of thousands of years, if i remember correctly, its somewhere in the 30-40's. and guess how long its been since the last major global warming event?

also, how the hell did this get so off topic?

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

actually its cycle goes from a normal, stable temperature to a significantly hotter one quite fast, and the cycles arent hundreds of thousands-millions, its only in the tens of thousands of years, if i remember correctly, its somewhere in the 30-40's. and guess how long its been since the last major global warming event?

also, how the hell did this get so off topic?

You're wrong, the cycles you're talking about are Milakovic cycles and are completely to do with Earth's rotational dynamics and have nothing to do with CO2 levels. Just the earth wobbling around in space, getting slightly closer and then slightly further from the sun, completely independent of CO2 levels.

sphinxor_86.png

I said that fumes out of the back of a car makes ozone, which is true, it making it's way up to the ozone layer was a light hearted comment.

humans do create a vast amount of co2 but it isn't effecting he planet as much as you think, if you really want to cut down on co2 then plant LOADS of alge and kill millions of termites.

Alge produces 80% of the worlds oxygen and termites produce loads of mehane which is 2 times as deadly to the ozone layer as co2 is.

Racheya is right though this is he wrong thread for this topic.

perfetc_666.png

I read an interesting article about why Science and Religion conflict...

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/indepth/39951

It essentially rests on how you perceive science (either as a process or as a set of beliefs) and similarly how you perceive religion with the same criteria (process or belief set). And depending on how you see them, you will find them to conflict or coexist.

sphinxor_86.png

I read an interesting article about why Science and Religion conflict...

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/indepth/39951

It essentially rests on how you perceive science (either as a process or as a set of beliefs) and similarly how you perceive religion with the same criteria (process or belief set). And depending on how you see them, you will find them to conflict or coexist.

Well I don't see how religion is a process though. To me it's more like people giving other people answers, about something pretty much everyone is in the dark about. Science is the questioner, which is good, but when some people question something and choose the most convenient answer (Why does evil exist? Because god isn't real.) then it isn't science anymore. It's just atheism. I believe in questioning, but when you give bold answers like that then that makes you no better than the religious folks.

• 8 months later...