JAGEX PLEASE! Stop killing smithing! bring back its prestige

frankiani

Why is it that everytime theres an update, smithing takes all the damage? other skills have had updates, to help you train, to help you make money, but not smithing, smithing is diying :? .. With the grand exchange update, ALL prices went down tremendously, but yew logs, in the other hand, don't drop a bit, they are like 390gp each :evil: .. rune ores dropped a bit too, thats ok, but why all rune stuff has to drop prices so dramaticly, i know there are economic laws behind this, but there won't be smithers who make more stuff anymore, cause nobody likes to loose money! :shame:

Smithing has come from being the great F2P money-making skill to simply, just another skill, i have always loved smithing, as many players in runescape, and most of them agree with me that it isn't worth it to train smithing anymore.. Please people at JAGEX, don't kill these skill! :pray:

And if you, who is reading these, have something to add, please do..

Forgive me for my english, since is not my main language.

And if this isn't in the correct forum please move.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

Personally, I've found smithing to be extremely boring.

Sorry for the "constructive criticism", but I feel that for F2P, runecrafting or woodcutting can be more beneficial to your pocket.

For runecrafting, it isn' t as profitable as smithing. Making steel bars by buying iron and coal, I think you profit somewhere around 140 gp per bar, as for runecrafting, the trip to the altars takes too long, and runes are cheap. For woodcutting, not possible with all the bots.

Allthough, you must also point out that smithing is, whell, completed. What more can you add to this skill? All you could really add is graphical improvement, not alot more. Atleast, I don' t see any flaws.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Personally, I've found smithing to be extremely boring.

Sorry for the "constructive criticism", but I feel that for F2P, runecrafting or woodcutting can be more beneficial to your pocket.

For runecrafting, it isn' t as profitable as smithing. Making steel bars by buying iron and coal, I think you profit somewhere around 140 gp per bar, as for runecrafting, the trip to the altars takes too long, and runes are cheap. For woodcutting, not possible with all the bots.

Allthough, you must also point out that smithing is, whell, completed. What more can you add to this skill? All you could really add is graphical improvement, not alot more. Atleast, I don' t see any flaws.

For runecrafting, simply buy your essence and craft your way to lvl 66. Well, it takes quite a lot of effort but you will be rewarded in the end with one of the most profitable money-making methods in F2P. AIR RUNNING (but this time you're the crafter). :-w

For woodcutting, go to any of the populated worlds at the Edgeville yews. I specifically like World 1, where the respawn rate is fast and most of the people on World 1 are trading, not going to cut yews. And the Edgeville yews are (most of the time) devoid of bots. The bots prefer the Falador triangle or the Rimmington yews.

Although I must admit that your point about bars is rather relevant, buy the supplies at the GE, smith them into bars, attempt to sell the bars to other players or put them on the GE. I got rather put off the last time I tried this method as it NEARLY drove me to the verge of insanity (even though I made big bucks with it).

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

Idk about the poster's views but there are ways to avoid the prices and still make a profit in f2p.

[Also] I heard the coal prices at GE lowered for a bit- 160s each so...

To evade the price hikes well...

I would just buy the metal ore and a bunch of natures.

Ex. Mith ores 400 ea, nature 280 each, mine coal somewhere and superheat. BANG'M Smith, mage and mining exp in a long run and a profit of 500 each at least.

Like what Iam said if you still struggle then train other stuff.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

I'd rather take this another way: Illude people into thinking the skill is becoming obsolete so they stop training it altogether, then release something extraordinary when very few people can actually do it.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

know there are economic laws behind this, but there won't be smithers who make more stuff anymore, cause nobody likes to loose money!

Yes there are, and if the price is not worth it for smithers, then smithers might stop producing. However if there are no more smithers to produce stuff like you said, then supply falls and therefore price will increase so no, you're wrong.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I forgot to note: While the market for rune equipment isn't well-recieved in member worlds, it's a HUGE market in free worlds since it's the best kind of armour available. I tried selling a rune scimitar in the Grand Exchange and in no less than THREE seconds it was eaten up!

Another thing to note is the use of said armour for new hard quests due to its fairly good defence values and cost, as well as fighting animated suits of armour in the Warrior's Guild.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

same for fishing. monks usd to be worth 350-400 each now, meh

08fbca3311.png

Electrone0.png

Winged Fish on a RWT complaint-

There's four complaints on the whole site, one from a mother who was convinced by her son that the RWTers she was buying him items from were from Jagex (and then got scammed and is taking it out on Jagex), two people complaining about having their accounts taken away, and one ranting on the trade restrictions and wilderness removal.

Now just change the background color and page layout, and you have the RSoF

Yeah, I love smithing and mining, and i noticed how low those prices were. It angered me. And the Full Rune sets, they're now wicked cheap compared to a week ago! Although, I'm not upset with that. Thanks to the low price, I was finally able to buy full rune. :)

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Well, some guys here misunderstood the point of my post, is not for the money-making part, thats just comes with the package.. the post is because i really love the smithing skill, and i feel that is getting left behind, compared to other skills, and i know prices on GE are very low, but that doesn't apply to those big-bulk sellers, they don't sell at GE, and i know that if you put a rune scimitar for sale at the GE ppl will buying really fast, but thats not the point, cuz the prices on scimmies is between 20k and 23k or so, leaving NO marging of profit for the smither..

Thanks for posting guys, i really appreciate your comments.

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

Whell, let me repeat myself. I don' t know what else to add to smithing. Do you?

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

They could add some random stats to the things you make.. They could lower the reqierements of the rune stuff and add some other typer of armor (i once read on a runescape forums a post about this, and they guy had a complete research done about this, very very cool and interesting).. I don't know, there must be a lot of ppl with better ideas (my ideas are very lame btw)..

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

They could add some random stats to the things you make.. They could lower the reqierements of the rune stuff and add some other typer of armor (i once read on a runescape forums a post about this, and they guy had a complete research done about this, very very cool and interesting).. I don't know, there must be a lot of ppl with better ideas (my ideas are very lame btw)..

100% agreed. :lol: No seriously, the last thing we need is to lower almost every single item requirement in a skill, and the last thing we need is something smithable about rune. Pieces of dragon armor are all obtained via monster hunting.

Smithing isn't a great a skill for cash and neither is mining (85 mining is 200k gp per hour, that's not so great for such a hard achievement). The sooner you admit this fact, the easier it will be. Besides, there are plenty of other moneymaking skills out there, use those to get cash to spend on smithing. You will not only get more cash but you will also get high smithing a lot faster. Talk about a win-win situation.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Fishing lobsters is one of the great profitable skills in F2P, but it just eats every one of your sain nerves. And smithing is the best moneymaking skill in F2P I belive, mining is good if you can mine adamantite, but any good adamantie is in level 30 Wilderness...

Now, lowering the level needed to perform a task at smithing, it' s not going to happen, it' s packed from level 1 to level 99, you can' t lower it.

Making a higher smithable ore than rune, also not going to happen. Dragonite ore is the only option, but where to put it in the smithing skill? Also, dragon items are supposed to be uniqe.

:oops: I find Smithing to be one of the best ways to makemoney.

Scratch that...

I found Smithing to be one of the best ways to make money... A while ago.

Jagex's game.

Jagex's prices.

Jagex's choice.

Before G.E.

Iron 100ea

Coal 200ea

500ea steel bar - sell 550-650

After G.E.

Iron 90ea

Coal 180ea

450ea steel bar - sell 500-600ea

Drastic. :cry:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Jagex's game.

Jagex's prices.

Jagex's choice.

Before G.E.

Iron 100ea

Coal 200ea

500ea steel bar - sell 550-650

After G.E.

Iron 90ea

Coal 180ea

450ea steel bar - sell 500-600ea

Drastic. :cry:

650-500=150

550-500=50

Profit before GE:50-150

650-450=150

500-450=50

Profit after GE:50-150

Difference in maximum profit:0

Difference in minimum profit:0

Drastic? :notalk:

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

^

650-500=150

550-500=50

Profit before GE:50-150

650-450=150

500-450=50

Profit after GE:50-150

650-450=200.

Wrong maths dude

There is a definate screw up.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Ummm so what do you want?

Faster way to get smith xp?

Get really rich then just buy the bars

Make smith more profitable?

Smelt ores and sell bars, you get a good profit there.

Personally, i don't see anything wrong with smithing being a cash drainer, it makes getting 99 all that better.

As for the ores and bars being screwed up by the exchange, they are not. The ores and bars all went down the same percent so theres not difference if you smelt then, you make more now.

THe only ones who lose out are miners because they get less per ore, but this is about smithing, not about mining.

magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

Magicmagics.png

I also think it's a shame smithing is not profitable. But you know, these are things that happen. The demand of certain items drop, or materials become to expensive, and slowly some skills become less profitable. There's not much we can do except to hope Jagex makes a new high demand smithable item. Just go with the flow and do whatever skill is profitable at the moment.

2480+ total

Ummm so what do you want?

Faster way to get smith xp?

Get really rich then just buy the bars

Make smith more profitable?

Smelt ores and sell bars, you get a good profit there.

Personally, i don't see anything wrong with smithing being a cash drainer, it makes getting 99 all that better.

As for the ores and bars being screwed up by the exchange, they are not. The ores and bars all went down the same percent so theres not difference if you smelt then, you make more now.

THe only ones who lose out are miners because they get less per ore, but this is about smithing, not about mining.

Im not complaining about xp rates, i don't want to get really rich either, i just wanna have fun, its not fun to be thinking more about if you are loosing cash or not, i just want to train, i just want smithing to be the skill that it was.. im complaining about the ores&bars/stuff relation.. i don't like any other skill the way i like smithing, smithing have always had some kind of prestige, and now its like just another skill, at least thats the way i see it.. i don't enjoy training another skills as i enjoy training smithing.. but its ok, im mining my own ores now..

as for the miners, the only miners that are being most affected by the G.E. are the coal/iron miners, cuz those prices went down a lot..

thanks for your opinion, btw.. but i hope you realize that this post is not about adding more xp or so, im sorry if i said something like that in earlier post (talk about contradiction) i just want to have fun again..

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png

frankitoz.png