Zombie Plans-Revised

scootlaboot

I highly doubt anyone here could hit a small target with enough for to pierce a skull.

yeah nobody could. i was watching deadliest warrior ( unrealistic show but not important here) this big irish guy tried to crack a skull using a slingshot and a steel pellet the size of a .20 round including the casing. it didnt cause anywhere near enough damage to be a garunteed kill.

Silencers are designed to mask the sound so other people don't recognize it as a gunshot, not hide it all together, but zombies wouldn't care if it was a gunshot or a tree branch snapping. Weapons like shuriken and throwing knives are some of the few truly silent weapons.

if they dont care if its a gunshot or a tree branch, then a silenced gun is going to be alot quieter than quite alot of other things people can do/use.

im sticking with a gun, a big reason being i dont have to pull it out of a zombie after i use it.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, in the interest of logic, lets take a step back.

Why do we silence guns? So Zombies don't hear them. Why do we not want them to hear them? Becuase they'll come chasing after us. How will they know it's a human?

Exactly. Everywhere a zombie goes, hundreds of noises follow. The shuffling of it's feat, tree branches breaking, possibly even thunder. It doesn't invesigate those, why would it investigate a Gunshot, and how would it know it was a living bing who caused it?

You know those air pstons which you use to blow up tyres and they need to create air pressure first, if you stuck something in there and pushed down the piston it would fly with immense power. Slow recharge however.

A nailgun would work but requires charging.

If you got a gun, an old rifle and placed only a piece of metal in and then filled the barrel of the gun with nails hopefully it would spray out nails and be incredibly dangerous. Hopefully with nails you won't run out of bullets so quickly plus nails are easier to find and just check your garage, I have tons along with tent pegs.

meatlover.png

Ok, in the interest of logic, lets take a step back.

Why do we silence guns? So Zombies don't hear them. Why do we not want them to hear them? Becuase they'll come chasing after us. How will they know it's a human?

Exactly. Everywhere a zombie goes, hundreds of noises follow. The shuffling of it's feat, tree branches breaking, possibly even thunder. It doesn't invesigate those, why would it investigate a Gunshot, and how would it know it was a living bing who caused it?

exactly. you really wouldnt need a silencer, but I would still like one. a quiet gun is better than a noisy one imo.

You know those air pstons which you use to blow up tyres and they need to create air pressure first, if you stuck something in there and pushed down the piston it would fly with immense power. Slow recharge however.

A nailgun would work but requires charging.If you got a gun, an old rifle and placed only a piece of metal in and then filled the barrel of the gun with nails hopefully it would spray out nails and be incredibly dangerous.

the IRA used pipe bombs filled with nails to increase the amount/distance of shrapnel. they're incredibly deadly against humans, but i dunno how reliable it would be against zombies..headshots remember.

And dangerous, and in-accurate, and a waste of power.

Well, non the less the Pipe bomb would kill atleast 1/10... That shrapnel goes everywhere.

Here's a good trick pipe, nail, explosive.... Nail bazuka. Kills zombies instantly with a headshot, add any sharp long object you can think of in there and watch as the zombies fall.

Air pistons wouldn't be dangerous unless they hit one of your friends, they can be easily aimed and the only power you wasting is your leg power.

meatlover.png

Well, non the less the Pipe bomb would kill atleast 1/10... That shrapnel goes everywhere.

Here's a good trick pipe, nail, explosive.... Nail bazuka. Kills zombies instantly with a headshot, add any sharp long object you can think of in there and watch as the zombies fall.

Air pistons wouldn't be dangerous unless they hit one of your friends, they can be easily aimed and the only power you wasting is your leg power.

The nail would not go straight, it would spin and therefore bounce off.

can we please not have another few pages about making up weapons? we already said ages ago guns are the most widely accepted killing machine.

And run out of ammo?

Yeah, what are the odds of running out of nails capable of piercing skulls, or explosives capable of firing nails?

I have alot if nails already. Also, nails can be reused unlike bullets

ok... Not all of us live in america so where am I getting a Gun from? I can also add kitchen knives/ tent pegs and other rubbish

meatlover.png

if i run out of bullets? easy. thr0w teh gunz at zoombiez leik in teh movies!!!!!!!lolrofllmaobbq. :-#

sorry for that.

ok... Not all of us live in america so where am I getting a Gun from?

so your gonna pull all of those nails out of a bunch of zombies? yes..lets get zombie blood all over the place. oh..fyi, nails bend

if you cant even get a gun how are u gonna get a hold of explosives?

if i run out of bullets? easy. thr0w teh gunz at zoombiez leik in teh movies!!!!!!!lolrofllmaobbq. :-#

sorry for that.

ok... Not all of us live in america so where am I getting a Gun from?

so your gonna pull all of those nails out of a bunch of zombies? yes..lets get zombie blood all over the place. oh..fyi, nails bend

if you cant even get a gun how are u gonna get a hold of explosives?

Explosives can be made with household materials easily. More easily if you have a lot of cleaning products, or chemicals, but either way.

Napalm is also easy to make.

But I guarantee most people saying they know how to make explosives easily have no idea what to do without a handy google search. In general though, explosives aren't too useful for zombies, I guess.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I can make eexplosives easy from stuff I have in my garage.

did the movies and tv tell you that?

In general, you can make an explosive of some sort from stuff you can find in a garage/bathroom. Probably not any high explosives though, so pipe bombs wouldn't be as effective.

Napalm could be useful though.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Well, homemade napalm is pretty much just easily manageable gasoline that sticks to stuff. It burns really hot, it melted throw the road near my house. Well, a few inches through till the tiny bit I had burned out.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

yeah i know it can be done, but how many people actually have more knowledge than what they see mike weston do on burn notice?

I know a good bit of random stuff related to this, most of it from the "pick your poison" link in my sig. Very little of it is stuff that can create a guaranteed zombie kill, but it should sling them around a bit at least, which buys me time to get the Hell out of dodge. That's the main point of explosives; to buy time, either in getting into a place or getting out of it.

For the record, while home-made napalm is alright (dump styrofoam into gasoline until no more dissolves into it), I imagine that thermite would be better for burning [cabbage]. A coin-sized pile of the stuff will be able to melt through almost any random car's hood, engine block, and the pavement under it once ignited. The difficulty in igniting it makes it safer to cart around, too. Wait a minute, I just thought of something. How effective do you think a mixture of home-made napalm and thermite would be? It's entirely possible that the heat from the napalm would set off the thermite, and then you have liquid metal all over wherever you spreaded the mixture.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I'm not sure how you would effectively mix the thermite and napalm. I guess before the napalm gets think it would be possible. Or in with the gasoline. I don't know.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain