Documentary(s) about "Chinese gold gamers"

OldJoe

If this has already been posted, or if I'm not allowed to post this, or if it's in wrong forum part - i apologize.

I found some interesting videos on youtube when surfing around there.

1:

2:

3:

BBC news coverage - http://youtube.com/watch?v=qMS8K_Swu10&feature=related

... There are loads more similar to these, about their lives and so on...

I think it is pretty interesting that some (foul) parts of gaming communities has created jobs for these Chinese.

It destroys the games we love, but at the same time create jobs for these people who'd else have to work in a clothing factory or something (under much worse conditions, although i do not know what these "farmers" earn).

I don't know what I'm getting at... (no I'm not a "farmer supporter"!), but just watch these videos, pretty interesting i think.

P.S - Again, sorry if I've posted wrong... etc.

EDIT - There's some url shown in this video, i would suggest to NOT go there! But the videos are safe ofcourse. It's just some url shown in the video.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

don't blame the farmers for ruining your game...They are just trying to make a living. Blame the Americans who pay for their service. Without them, these farmers wouldn't of had the idea to sell virtual items. The chinese are not the source of the problem.

w4M8t.png

don't blame the farmers for ruining your game...They are just trying to make a living. Blame the Americans who pay for their service. Without them, these farmers wouldn't of had the idea to sell virtual items. The chinese are not the source of the problem.

Your logic is a bit weird so a irl example its not the drug dealers fault for supplying them with drugs its the ppl buying it from him? :-k

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

Your logic is a bit weird so a irl example its not the drug dealers fault for supplying them with drugs its the ppl buying it from him? :-k

Yes and thats correct because.. if nobody bought it, then nobody would be selling it? Its easier to blame the sellers for the buyers problem, but in this day and age, if someone is going to buy something, someone is going to sell it.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Yes and thats correct because.. if nobody bought it, then nobody would be selling it? Its easier to blame the sellers for the buyers problem, but in this day and age, if someone is going to buy something, someone is going to sell it.

Most often vise versa with a few exeptions :-w

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

Most often vise versa with a few exeptions :-w

Care to explain why?

Ranarr_0wnz.png

fornoobsake, 2007-1993=14

I'm kinda split, for one side they're doing something agaisnt a set term of contract they agreed to but on the other they are making a living. I don't mean to sound heartless, but they're breaking an agreed contract in my book which is a no-no.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

i like the logic to it but were's the proof that the americans are the ones buying all this gold and items....what about the swiss or germans or hell even the brits

justin500.png[spoiler=Goals.]justin500.png

justin500.png

justin500.png

[/url]

[spoiler=99's]99 strength achieved 5/27/09.

99 hitpoints achieved 9/30/09.(59,643)

99 attack achieved 11/08/09. (77,453)

99 defence achieved 1/31/10. (63,382)

99 range achieved ( sometime ago )

[spoiler=Drops]

x15 whips

x53 d boots

x3 visages

x88 g mauls

poor rural farmer were sometimes forced into sweetshop labor.

Sweetshop labor?

That must be bad, being forced into selling sweets. Surely there's laws against things like that? Do they get paid in skittles?

Deep_pain.gif

Co-Founder of KoA over 18's clan. Founded 2002. An RS clan for adults only.

Now Recruiting

First of all, the Tiananmen Square Massacre was in June, 1989, not 1993.

Second, goldfarming is not a crime. It is against the rules of many games, but not a crime.

Third, there will always be a demand for this type of service because it is in the nature of some people to always find a shortcut. Any gaming company who tries to change this aspect of human nature is bailing the Titanic with a teacup.

What Jagex has been doing lately in their battle against this type of activity is to identify the bot-pimps and johns who perform the final transaction. There are too many bots to battle, so you go after the fewer number of bot-pimps and their in-game customers instead.

Transferring gold and wealth one way is what Jagex is trying to track, but there were too many options available to the bot-pimps. Staking and losing, one-way trades, voluntary PKing, Party Room drops, and drop trading would be difficult to track, so Jagex is trying to corral the bot-pimps.

The duel arena has been gutted, so the bot-pimps cannot use it anymore.

The Party Room has been changed to announce valuable drops, so it does not work for the bot-pimps anymore.

The GE has reduced the volume of individual-to-individual (I2I) trades throughout the game, making it easier for the employees at Jagex to track unbalanced trade patterns.

Bounty Hunter will likely allow some sort of Wildy change later on to make voluntary PKing less desirable.

We will also likely see some sort of change that will make drop trading more difficult in the future.

All of these changes won't eliminate real world trading, but it makes it easier for the employees of Jagex to track the few avenues the bot-pimps have left.