Hatton vs Mayweather [Boxing]

eyehawk78

As Hatton and Mayweather line up tonight for the American's WBC welterweight crown, who will you be supporting and why?

I will be supporting Hatton as even though he is the underdog, with a lower weight and reach he has more knockouts than Mayweather and I believe Mayweather will be taken by surprise never having fought a boxer with Hattons speed and style before. Plus I'm British and a Mancunian so I was always going to be in his corner :D

Vital Stats

_44285834_splitbody203.jpg

Mayweather....v............Hatton

30..................Age..................29

5'8................Height...............5'6

72'...............Reach.................66'

38 ................Wins..................43

24..............Knockouts.............31

0.................Losses...................0

I just ordered it about an hour ago.

I'm supporting Hatton, I like his all attack style of boxing, it makes for great veiwing and I like him as a personality, he's always funny, seems like a regular guy you could meet in any pub in the country and he isn't afraid to have a laugh at himself.

I've never liked Mayweather, I've always found his style quite boring (although it works so I don't blame him) and that made so clear when he fought De La Hoya earlier in the year. I don't mind his flamboyant personality or his arrogance, it's his job to try to sell the fight and thats his way to do it so fair play to him on that.

As for a prediction, I don't have one. This fight could really go either way, Mayweather's brittle hands and Hatton's tendency to cut could be a deciding factor tonight. If Hatton is able to get in close he'll hurt Mayweather just like he hurt Castillo but it's just so hard to stay inside with a guy who moves as well as Mayweather.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Lol @ Your Name,

I want Ricky to Win but Mayweather is going to run circles around fat ricky

Have you seen how fast he is lol

I can't wait till match

Fat ricky? lmao, did you see him in the weigh in? he was seriously ripped, even more then floyd ;-)

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

Lol @ Your Name,

I can't wait till match

Fat ricky? lmao, did you see him in the weigh in? he was seriously ripped, even more then floyd ;-)

True but they were saying him Getting fat in between fights isnt good for his heart and fitness etc...Like yo yo dieting or whatever

loverrrzp8.jpg

Lol @ Your Name,

I can't wait till match

True but they were saying him Getting fat in between fights isnt good for his heart and fitness etc...Like yo yo dieting or whatever

yeh i know what your saying lol :P

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

I just ordered it about an hour ago.

I'm supporting Hatton, I like his all attack style of boxing, it makes for great veiwing and I like him as a personality, he's always funny, seems like a regular guy you could meet in any pub in the country and he isn't afraid to have a laugh at himself.

I've never liked Mayweather, I've always found his style quite boring (although it works so I don't blame him) and that made so clear when he fought De La Hoya earlier in the year. I don't mind his flamboyant personality or his arrogance, it's his job to try to sell the fight and thats his way to do it so fair play to him on that.

As for a prediction, I don't have one. This fight could really go either way, Mayweather's brittle hands and Hatton's tendency to cut could be a deciding factor tonight. If Hatton is able to get in close he'll hurt Mayweather just like he hurt Castillo but it's just so hard to stay inside with a guy who moves as well as Mayweather.

Exactly how I feel, but I do have a prediction that Hatton will win it but its gonna be tough, I'll be watching the fight for free on the interwebz :D

A friend to all is a friend to none.

WOOO, Hatton to win all the way.

Shame its on at 4am so ill guess ill just settle for the Amer Khan match tonight instead.

Str0wez dont suppose you could tell me how your gona do that please

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

I'm personally apathetic about boxing, but anything I've heard come out of Hatton's mouth in the past few days has been basically to slag off Mayweather, instead of amping himself up like his opponent has been. I've found that when people feel a need to do that, it's a classic sign of not being sure about their own strengths. In other words, they don't rate themselves as highly as the other person.

Mayweather's odds-on favourite anyway. :-w

Ive watched a lot of the programs on Sky about it during the run up but wont be watching live tonight. 1. None of my mates wanted to come over (and thus id have to pay all the money myself). and 2. its at 4am!!! lol

Go Hitman :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hatton all the way cause i like his style and personality better :)

452436.jpg

In the time of peace prepare for war-General Patton

Dsk805 lvl 139 6* mage

Blink182lover lvl 100 7* mage

Founder and Current clan leader of: PunkRock Lovers(rank#4)

I probably won't be supporting either of the 2 but would love to watch the fight. I would probably be leaning towards Hatton to win even though he's the underdog. He looked very strong a couple years back when he beat our Aussie Kosta Tszyu.

I wished I was 18, I would go down to the local pub and watch it, as my dad's overseas at the moment and would be the only one interested out of my parents in paying $50 to order the fight on our tv at home.

So I'll just have to watch the highlights on tv tonight on the sports news.

well, what can i say. Mayweather was sublime. Just got in at half 6ish :shock:

After thge fight i can see right, that basically, although people werre saying hatton had won the phycologicalk battle, mayweather had, and knew he had, won it. Hatton was really phycologically involved wheras for mayweather it was business as usual but even better.

after the fight, I really like mayweather. First of all, being a LUAFC fan, i really like wind up merchants and mayweather is brilliant at that. And also, he is a winner, he migjht have a bit of a dislikeable style by always ducking into grapple and dancing around, but it works for him and all the beast. And he is a charitable person, he may spend alot himself and f;ash the cash, but i would in his situation. he is from a hard background and done well for himself and also gives to charity and is rather gracious in victory.

Well done flloyd, yuou have won at least one, and probably a few more fans tonight.

Also, i still like hatton, however he was rather sour about losing. I mean fair enough the referee played to Mywthr (sounds welsh) but it wasx still part of the rules, and although that point deicted was a bit unfair, he would have still ost the match.

All in all a good fight.

iteme3721.jpg

Yeah Mayweather with his speed and reach was just too good. I watched the highlights and it was very exciting. Bit upset I couldn't watch it in full. :(

Glad i didnt get up at 4am now :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

^ Read that in an article which was pretty good I though.

Also any one see the Amer Khan fight? Less than a minute to win 8-)

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.