13 December 2007 - "A Word About Our Updates" + Wallpaper

jonni

Even though this week has been one of the toughest ever for everyone involved with RuneScape, it has been tough for so much longer than one week. Bots, gold sellers, scammers: these are all problems that both us and you - the players - have had to put up with together in recent months.

These occurrences were becoming so frequent that they seriously threatened RuneScape. A solution was needed as soon as possible, so we had to come up with the one thing that would successfully stop real-world traders ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ stopping unbalanced trade. It will be tough for law-abiding players, but it will also be tough for us, as we will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you.

Soon, the hard part will be over and done with. The last of our major changes will be made in January and we certainly donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t plan any more hard changes in the foreseeable future. Together, we will deliver an enormous blow to real-world trading, and the game has already seen a dramatic reduction in their numbers.

We have always planned to release the real-world trading updates and then improve them further by listening to your feedback. We were also aware that the updates may not have been perfect the first time around, or that they may not have functioned as an ideal replacement for what we have changed or taken away. This is not a reason to roll them back or remove them, but it IS a reason to keep improving them until they DO work as a full replacement.

The hard choices we have made are the best ones for the game, and we must not do anything that allow bots, gold sellers or scammers back into the game. What we need to do is build on these first, large steps and use your feedback to make improvements, so that they better fit your needs and activities.

We would really like you to make your feelings known, not in a negative manner that offers no potential solutions, but with constructive criticism and suggestions that we can draw ideas from. For example, if something is broken, don't just demand that we put it back to what it was - instead, tell us your ideas to make the new system work. In summary: we would like you to think about how we can make life in RuneScape more enjoyable for you, while ALSO keeping out real-world traders and bots.

ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s going to take a lot of patience and effort from all of us. Saying that, we have not been sitting around hoping for you all to come up with ideas. We have been putting together a plan. This is a schedule of ideas for improvements that will build on a number of our changes: the Grand Exchange, new player-killing games (including other dangerous ones), LootShare, Assist System, trades and so many other things that we have introduced to combat real-world trading. We aim to have the most important improvements ready in time for the unbalanced trade removal in January, and to continue adding more throughout the start of next year.

We are currently assembling the best ideas from the Forums and our own staff. We will release another newspost early next week, listing the improvements we plan to make to address your concerns.

:-k

[hide=New Wallpaper]

summoning2800x600270d8fyc9.jpg[/hide]

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon, the hard part will be over and done with. The last of our major changes will be made in January and we certainly donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t plan any more hard changes in the foreseeable future. Together, we will deliver an enormous blow to real-world trading, and the game has already seen a dramatic reduction in <> numbers, period.

Fixt.

More lies to try to stall the rate at which people are quitting it seems. Im glad they are losing money to be honest, maybe then they will realise how stupid these changes truely were.

With posts like this, all they do is add insult to injury. Personally, im glad that due to their decrease in income half of these brain dead mods will be fired.

For me, no other game will be as good as runescape was because of the amaizing skill system in runescape. Fun, flexibile, exciting. In order to support those skills players would find ways of making $ like staking, pking, merchanting.

Look what they do? They destroy all ways of making $ and keep lying their way out of what they have done.

There was numerous ways to implement this properly, but they delibarately did waht they did.

They do "fair trades", but couldnt do "fair stakes" when GE came out? Give me a break, they are delibarately forcing people to quit.

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

Nice to know, but I'm suuure they're more caring about the game than how much money is going into their pockets. :|

Or so they say. :shock:

Legal and sponsorship trouble i believe was linked; so to save their pockets they had to remove what investors would consider a threat to the stability of the game: RWIT's, and what many laws would class as linked to crime; bring Jagex under the risk of a fine.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Isn't summoning supposed to be based off of hunting? Yeech. I'm putting my money on it being yet another flop, like farming.

This entire damage-control stuff they're feeding us is really, really starting to wear on me. Sorry, but it is.

Nice to know, but I'm suuure they're more caring about the game than how much money is going into their pockets. :|

If they only cared about short term money gain they'll have started their own RWT shop and abandoned RS to destroy itself in inflation.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

More lies to try to stall the rate at which people are quitting it seems. Im glad they are losing money to be honest, maybe then they will realise how stupid these changes truely were.

With posts like this, all they do is add insult to injury. Personally, im glad that due to their decrease in income half of these brain dead mods will be fired.

For me, no other game will be as good as runescape was because of the amaizing skill system in runescape. Fun, flexibile, exciting. In order to support those skills players would find ways of making $ like staking, pking, merchanting.

Look what they do? They destroy all ways of making $ and keep lying their way out of what they have done.

There was numerous ways to implement this properly, but they delibarately did waht they did.

They do "fair trades", but couldnt do "fair stakes" when GE came out? Give me a break, they are delibarately forcing people to quit.

Check out something before posting about it; You can still make $ with pking.

Palas1.png

If you look at the wallpaper - the monster is available in the colours red, blue, green. ;)

Fun, flexibile, exciting. In order to support those skills players would find ways of making $ like staking, pking, merchanting.

Skillful merchants are making millions off the Grand Exchange, like I predicted beforehand. Of course, you wouldn't know.

Really? I never noticed. Guess I couldn't see past the 15 or so one item dds'ers.

If they only cared about short term money gain they'll have started their own RWT shop and abandoned RS to destroy itself in inflation.

I don't mean that they don't care about the game, but when push comes to shove, they would probably want to do what's best for the company, not what's best for the players.

No witty signatures for me :(

Aaah, but, even with "fair" stakes, ppl could loose on purpose in order to abuse the system (that is, transfer money).

Dead+Dude4.png

i lolled, they just want to talk all those mistakes right.. there is only one way to make these mistakes right. GET RID OF THEM!

:|

They said they want so whats the point eh? They are creating more lies to get a bit more $ out of people prior to them quitting thats how I feel about it.

Oh well whats done is done, sure im very upset about it, but not like I do anything about it but fume on forums.

palas1, thank you for your valuable input, let me know how it works out for you, my mind is made up.

Game Name: Ego Scorpion

Party Hat Sets: 4

Bank Pictures: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=712645&start=0

ego_scorpion.png

Really? I never noticed. Guess I couldn't see past the 15 or so one item dds'ers.

Yeah, and they posted this official newspost to let us know that they'd be tweaking the updates to be adequate replacements for the features they've taken away. Even adding new dangerous minigames...

I don't know about p2p because I am f2p, and in f2p there is alot people that wear full rune.

Palas1.png

You can make $ from pking, staking at the tourneys and merchanting is still possible.

Saying they are making people quit is just stupid, that's like saying a shop deliberately closes it's doors because it doesn't want any more income.

I won't say any more, but it is clear to me why people like you do not like these updates.

I don't know about p2p because I am f2p, and in f2p there is alot people that wear full rune.

Um, you might need to log in. F2p can't pk anymore, at all. No pvp in the wildy. Bounty Hunter is what members have been given as a replacement, and f2p doesn't have access to that.

Um, you might need to log in. F2p can't pk anymore, at all. No pvp in the wildy. Bounty Hunter is what members have been given as a replacement, and f2p doesn't have access to that.

F2p have access to Bounty Hunter.

Palas1.png

-.-

Clan wars and Bounty Hunter are F2P.

As is duel arena now. :wink: