remaining ways to RWT

kosovo

ok after i read the recent upates i was wondering if this really is the end of RWT'ers..but i found out its not. and it will still go on however they can.

even if jagex introduces every update that will demolish RWT they will hurt us legitimate players even more and the runescape cheating community will still stay on.

1) seller goes on to buyers account and makes the money for them via skilling, merchenting, macroing (anyway possible)

2) selling accounts is RWT and has not yet been stopped by any update.

3) seller macros or makes money any way possible onto a lvl 3 account and sells to a buyer who starts runescape from the begining with alot of money.

4) seller power levels accounts to be around lvl 80-120 and saves all the monster drops or macros to get gp to keep on the account, buyer buys a main account with alot of money and starts a new runescape career there.

5) seller borrows buyers account. seller macros 3k gp between the two accounts non stop with an auto trading program until the buyer has the desired amoutn in his/her account.

6) buying levels is RWT and has not yet been stopped by updates. (when buyer pays someone to level their account)

7) seller gets a few high leveled friends with the buyer and they all go to bounty hunter on a desserted world or german world and play until the buyer wins the gp bought.

8) seller drops bulks of 3k coins on the floor while buyer(s) pick it up and stop until buyer has the desired amount of gp.

9) seller mass-hacks runescape accounts and sells to buyer

10) selling membership is RWT and has not yet been stopped by updates.

11) jagex staff spawn mills of gp secretly from andrew gower and sell it off via accounts and andrew gower and the other good behaved mods never find out.

so thats all the ways i can think off...remember dont try these, this is for jagex to know that their updates have hurt us legitimate players more than the RWT'ers.

to mods, if this is against the rules, sorry

peace out :)

runescape died 10-12-07

This is just all the same..

As stated in other threads like this, there's virtually no way to 100% COMPLETELY stop ALL forms of real world trading. But you don't have to, you just have to make it stop being profitable and worth people's time. Your method is highly unprofitable - they will move onto other games that haven't gone to as far efforts to stop RWT.

The vast majority won't spend their time doing things like this - maybe one or two small fish in a big ocean, sure. But not mass.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I find number 10 funny. Although I know people sell membership pins and stuff, it is meant to be RWT. The player originally buys it from JaGex and some idiot who can't get membership themselves buys the pin and uses it.

Selling accounts can be stopped by the use of tracking I.P addresses, a big change in I.P could possibly mean a new owner and possible people could be checked out in a more in depth style to find out if they have sold their account.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

some of the ways mentioned will be unprofitable yes, but alot of them above such as selling membership and accounts are. after these updates im sure account buying/selling will still go on but this time higher prices because they are also adding gp on the accounts. i just know for sure that RWT and cheats will go on regardless of majority of cheats going onto different games.

runescape died 10-12-07

"Selling accounts can be stopped by the use of tracking I.P addresses, a big change in I.P could possibly mean a new owner and possible people could be checked out in a more in depth style to find out if they have sold their account."

a huge number of players play runescape at friends houses, internet cafes, library's and school/work plus not forgetting people can move home and change their ISP'ers. i doubt jagex will waste too much time investigating whether they are selling the account or just the buyer moved home.

but you are kinda right, but jagex wont investigate, their poor scripted programs will. in the summer of 2007 i went on holiday and used a computer there to log in runescape a few times, within a few weeks i was banned for account trading due to change in I.P.

runescape died 10-12-07

The problem is that half of your "methods" won't work.

Firstly, 3k is the maximum amount that can be "seen" every 15 minutes. It works just like the duel arena did, 200gp restores per minute, so you'd have a bot dropping 200gp for someone to pick up. Each minute. That's less than people can earn themselves, rendering it useless.

So that's a bunch of the options you pointed out that are obsolete.

Furthermore, finding an empty bounty hunter world would be very difficult. There are only a few worlds that you can play the mingame on, thus, it's rarely deserted.

The only true way to RWT now is to sell accounts. Overall, it's much less effective than selling gp or materials in of themselves because it takes so much more effort. If you want to sell a high leveled rich account, that's a lot of skilling and combat work to level a character, causing the entire process to be unprofitable.

Finally, after January 1st, it'll be impossible to have a level three with "tons of gp". Everyone will need to make their own money after that point.

Yeah....selling accounts doesn't mean jack unless they're high levels.

anyone can get 50 in any of the resource gathering skills in a day or two, so accounts with less than 50 (usually in only one or two stats) are probably worth less than 10-15 dollars.

Any account you can make a large amount of money on would take way too much time to make it worth your effort.

You may say "well they can auto it"

But with all of the RWTers bots out of commission due to no reason keeping them up, all that's left are the bots of people trying to level just for the game itself. It's going to be way easier for jagex to take out them out.

the membership thing is taken care of. how it was done was seller gets pin, then buyer would trade 1mil or more to seller and seller gets pin. although this was one of the biggest ways to scam ever.

yes this seems weird that i know this but i do know a big runescape cheat forum. 3/4 or more of the accounts sold there too are all scams anyways.

8,539th to 99 cooking!!! Achieved January 17, 2007, one day before I turned 16!

dragonmsanta,benoit4whc.gif

It's true that RWTing is still going on. There will always be some people that will cheat in RS in different ways. Jagex can't really stop every single way of cheating, but they have managed to stop the most and the most popular ways of RWT with the recent updates. But as you say, there is still ways to do RWT in.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Looking through all the possibilities, all I can hope for is that the cheating communities would be stupid enough to use any of them. Yes, they're all possible (except for 11, ha!), but all of them are A) inefficient B) easily catchable C) Insecure

A) Inefficient

The best way I can describe it is this quote from the same sites where the idea come from

I did the maths and it will take 83 hours and a half hours ( about 3 and a half days) to trade 1 mil between 2 accounts...

B) Easily Catchable

We know that JaGeX keeps the IP from where you're connected from, we're greeted by the evidence every time we login. Any account transfer/sale should be easily detectable just by comparing the distance between the ip locations. Now that JaGeX don't have to devote so much resource catching bots, they should able to concentrate the effort on taking out transfered accounts. IE account transfering/training would be shooting a fish in a bucket

C) Insecure

In the cheating community, security of transaction is a big problem. As you may have guessed, those communities are morally decayed -- even admins cannot be trusted to be a good RWT. Now imagine them having to hand out user/pass/pin just to cheat. HA!

Their moral failure is their own downfall.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

1) seller goes on to buyers account and makes the money for them via skilling, merchenting, macroing (anyway possible)

- Too risky, since the buyer won't accept, as they very likely can just get scammed, or have the account banned for multiple logging etc. No buyers, RWT won't try it

- too risky, since they can't trasfer gold to a single account, so to raise that account would mean if it gets banned, they lose EVERYTHING, and have to start over. Not profitable. And most players don't want a whole account, they just want money on their current one.

3) seller macros or makes money any way possible onto a lvl 3 account and sells to a buyer who starts runescape from the begining with alot of money.

Same as the above two, pointless to list them all. But again, the problem is if that one account with mils on it gets banned, they lose their time and profit.

4) seller power levels accounts to be around lvl 80-120 and saves all the monster drops or macros to get gp to keep on the account, buyer buys a main account with alot of money and starts a new runescape career there.

Problem is that if the account being power leveled in question is banned, they start over... lose a lot of time. Plus, people don't want accounts, they want gold on their current one. If I buy that account, I have no way to transfer gold to my own account anyway, so it's pointless.

5) seller borrows buyers account. seller macros 3k gp between the two accounts non stop with an auto trading program until the buyer has the desired amoutn in his/her account.

Doesn't work, since trading has 15 minute gap, and I'm SURE jagex could detect that two accounts have spam traded buyer wouldn't do, as it's too risky. And, it would take 83 hours of trading to trade 1million gold over.

6) buying levels is RWT and has not yet been stopped by updates. (when buyer pays someone to level their account)

No, but a buyer is risking an entire account and so probably won't do this. it's just like macroing you're own account. Not many people do this anyway.

7) seller gets a few high leveled friends with the buyer and they all go to bounty hunter on a desserted world or german world and play until the buyer wins the gp bought.

First, bounty hunter isn't on every world, and therefor should always be partly crowded anyway.

This might work, but since you can't take gold into the bounty hunter, what's the point? Transfering items this way would be dangerous to, as it's easy to lose the items in question, and thus lose everything. Plus, to get all that money on one account, if it once get's banned, then they lose verything.. since they can't have multiple accounts bank into one (which is what they did) because there is no easy way to transfer money between characters.

8) seller drops bulks of 3k coins on the floor while buyer(s) pick it up and stop until buyer has the desired amount of gp.

Doesn't work, since other players can only see up to 3k worth of items from you every 15 minutes, again takes forever to trade this way, and would take 83 hours of uniterupted unnoticed drop trading.

For one, I doubt there is a hack this powerful against Jagex's servers, and if there was, we would KNOW about it.

Yes, but why not buy from Jagex? THey have to hack the game to do that. And they can't sell for less than 5$ a month unless they hack it themselves, and thus get into legal troubles.

11) jagex staff spawn mills of gp secretly from andrew gower and sell it off via accounts and andrew gower and the other good behaved mods never find out.

Possible, but why would they be HIRED?! and how would they trade it anyway?

I hope that shows that RWT is "technically" possible, but not in large enough amounts to bother. In the 83 hours it takes to transfer 1million gold, I could make far more legitimately playing.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

ok after i read the recent upates i was wondering if this really is the end of RWT'ers..but i found out its not. and it will still go on however they can.

even if jagex introduces every update that will demolish RWT they will hurt us legitimate players even more and the runescape cheating community will still stay on.

so thats all the ways i can think off...remember dont try these, this is for jagex to know that their updates have hurt us legitimate players more than the RWT'ers.

i literraly couldnt stop laughing at number 11 :XD:

quite possibly the dumbest post on general ever.... :-k nah that would be overkill to say that....but gotta be in top 100....

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.