Runescape Classic Fact Sheet -updated july 29-

Rarex

Whitemagem: First/second to 99 magic

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hohtava/vanhoi/mage.PNG

There's a picture to prove she wasn't the 1st. Notice how she isn't anywhere close to the top.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/hohtava/vanhoi/scr ... gelist.jpg

Here's a picture to prove she wasn't 2nd either. The 1st name is caused by a bug in the hiscores.

Runescape opens in February, 2001. This is the most common story. Since many of RSC players started around this time, it is also the most believed story.

January to be exact.

Good work.

I knew it wasn't correct, but was to lazy to do the research tbh

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Everdred was first to max out a stat by getting 99 woodcutting on Runescape on Tuesday the 28th of August 2001.

Runescape opens in February, 2001. This is the most common story. Since many of RSC players started around this time, it is also the most believed story.

RuneScape went into closed alpha testing in March 2001, was released as a public beta in early January 2001 (officially January 4th, but could have been a few days either way) and came out of beta on the 27th of February 2002 when Members/RS Premium was launched. Andrew was the only developer who coded it, but Paul and Moderator and others helped with the graphics and quests.

When RS was first open to the public, you could attack anyone anywhere except Lumbridge. Only those 5 levels above you and below you were you allowed to attack. You could choose your class: Pker or Non-Pker. Soon after, they were more specified: Warrior, Ranger, Miner, or Adventurer. The Wizard "class" was soon added. After this, many small updates were added. Until the wilderness was first introduced.

Initially you didn't know what level people were, so fighting someone was riskier.

How a visitor saw the black hole is still a mystery. Currently looking for a picture showing how a visitor saw the black hole.

I was there. It looked exactly the same.

Here is a map of one of the original planned layout of runescape.

That is authentic. Andrew originally posted it on his personal homepage, then later re-posted it on RuneScape.com.

In RSC, players have to talk to NPC's one at a time.

Yeah, it'd say like "The Banker is busy in the moment". They kept adding more Bankers to meet demand.

ren_tbv450.png

Mechscape World (the original MechScape fansite)

Knife bug was fun. All i can really remember about it tho was it seemed as i figured out about it it got fixed. Angel2002 would always brag to me about how high he hit etc...didnt play much back then so wasnt to worried about actually using it as much as he did.

He also made sure to brag about him being banned like he was:s

Think there was another big bug , could of sworn it was around the knife bug time or maybe it was before but you could walk up and dc some one....some [cabbage] . Who knows, maybe im just imagining or forgetting exactly what that one was.

any how , not really that great of a rs classic fact sheet really , quite basic simple.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

Knife bug was fun. All i can really remember about it tho was it seemed as i figured out about it it got fixed. Angel2002 would always brag to me about how high he hit etc...didnt play much back then so wasnt to worried about actually using it as much as he did.

He also made sure to brag about him being banned like he was:s

Think there was another big bug , could of sworn it was around the knife bug time or maybe it was before but you could walk up and dc some one....some [cabbage] . Who knows, maybe im just imagining or forgetting exactly what that one was.

any how , not really that great of a rs classic fact sheet really , quite basic simple.

it was the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bug. if you were in a fight just hold down m and keep typing mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm over and over and ud keep dcing

• 2 weeks later...

Easter 2003: If you tried to pick up 2 pairs of ears it would say something like this: "You only have 1 head you dont need more Bunny ears"

Same thing with scythe

Lumby W1 was where all the stakers hung out to stake

Free trip to lumby was when u staked someone higher then you, took off all your armour so you could get to lumby fast (basically a home tele)

With agility, the higher agilty you had the faster you could walk (this effect came into f2p to) so you always used to see members in free worlds walking super fast in wild and places

You could get into the black hole if u bought a disk of returning, only gitch in the beggining was that if you dropped your disk you were stuck or if you traded it, they fixed that but in time they just took the hole out as it was so useless

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

With agility, the higher agilty you had the faster you could walk (this effect came into f2p to) so you always used to see members in free worlds walking super fast in wild and places

FALSE

Stud112 (UNBANNED)

99 atk, 92 def, 99 str, 97 hp, 118 combat

studsig76.jpg

FALSE

ya .. .where did you hear this lol

FALSE

ya .. .where did you hear this lol

no... its true, back in early classic

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

you full of [cabbage],

anywho autoing started like early 2003 or earlier.

First program was AutoRune and it was just something a few guys played with.

The first java scripted bot was Jew-Bot. Used the RuneScape mudclient with scripted commands and buttons.

And thats how RSC ended ::'

good times while it lasted

anywho autoing started like early 2003 or earlier.

False. First (and percentually the biggest) massbannings were a lot of earlier. First autoing programs that were somewhat popular became few months after the launching of RS.

The first java scripted bot was Jew-Bot. Used the RuneScape mudclient with scripted commands and buttons.

False. Rune and Bot and Auto and rune existed a lot earlier.

no... its true, back in early classic

Totally false. Agility didn't make your char move any faster at any point during RSC, not even during the first day it was launched. Basically only point for it was increasing your skill total.

edit: added the words "and" between the bot names, seeing as both of them have been dead for nearly half a decade now.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Lol! :P That one cracked me up! You must of been speaking to Sir Blood, he swore blind i could run quicker cause i could catch him in the wilderness rofl :lol:

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Lol! :P That one cracked me up! You must of been speaking to Sir Blood, he swore blind i could run quicker cause i could catch him in the wilderness rofl :lol:

lol... i coulda sworn...

but w.e its been a looong time

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

this is some good stuff.. im back after a yr or so. its good to see ppl from way back when. but i saw some false stuff but this post is so old i aint worried about it. just makin it clear.. zezima is the zezima of rsc... he started summer of 01 when i did.. we ran rsc.. if yall no anything about it then u'l remember dsm, kdog, s h i e k, ruff ryda, samanthanz, darkarcherr7, u p k m e, nemesis kkc, ssj2yugi, x pker x (me), etc.. u didnt go to greaters, pirates, graveyard, or ice mountain with out being scared of us. with just few we beat the RSL clan by our selves. we could out catch, out skill, out think just about everyone in wild.. i played when addy was best and the mods played with us. pked with us.. when bluerose was nice and not stuck up. i spent years of my like on that game tryin to be the best for some money hungry ***** to take it away. now i might have been a no lifer but i da* sure enjoyed my life on cs.. and for what... to get stuck with no pkin, no stakin, no catchin, no scammin, no nothing that made it so realistic.. now its like disney land.. everythings perfect.. it aint no fun if u cant scam and be scammed. u gotta have some sense of adventure in the game.

In game name (shank_u_dead).

this is some good stuff.. im back after a yr or so. its good to see ppl from way back when. but i saw some false stuff but this post is so old i aint worried about it. just makin it clear.. zezima is the zezima of rsc... he started summer of 01 when i did.. we ran rsc.. if yall no anything about it then u'l remember dsm, kdog, s h i e k, ruff ryda, samanthanz, darkarcherr7, u p k m e, nemesis kkc, ssj2yugi, x pker x (me), etc.. u didnt go to greaters, pirates, graveyard, or ice mountain with out being scared of us. with just few we beat the RSL clan by our selves. we could out catch, out skill, out think just about everyone in wild.. i played when addy was best and the mods played with us. pked with us.. when bluerose was nice and not stuck up. i spent years of my like on that game tryin to be the best for some money hungry ***** to take it away. now i might have been a no lifer but i da* sure enjoyed my life on cs.. and for what... to get stuck with no pkin, no stakin, no catchin, no scammin, no nothing that made it so realistic.. now its like disney land.. everythings perfect.. it aint no fun if u cant scam and be scammed. u gotta have some sense of adventure in the game.

All that [cabbage] is 03 n later. Dsm was pure before , and other then at castle no one knew about him.

the fact you named ssj2yugi, nemesis kks , and u p k m e all in the same paragraph shows your pk ability , oh even worst you put samanthaz up there.

Infact the only decent pkers you listed was kdog , and dsm from 03 and thats when it wasnt dustin playing on either.

There was 5 different eras to rsc pking , each one having its great. But quite honestly even tho i wicked i , max, or zar family werent the best pkers ever , by far their period in rsc was probally the most interesting and if the 2nd scapeboards were still up they could easily prove it.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

I rejoined this forum only because of rsc topics :) Haven't played rs since 2004, but still have lots of good memories of those times as I saw runescape grow from a beta version with just a few hundred people into a massive online game with hundreds of thousands of people and very nice 3D graphics (started rs at the very beginning, in jan. 2001)

4.If you trained too much, your fatigue reached 100%, you had to go "ingame sleep" until it lowers.

No-one has mentioned that it was a quite late addon to classic, at the beginning there was no such thing.

5. Long long ago, there was the black hole. Players who were banned were sent here, you could go and see them. They were inside a fence, like a zoo. It was later deleted after Jagex decided to just keep them banned from the game.

there was no fence.. it was just a black area. You could buy a disk of returning for 15gp from a dwarf in fally mining area to visit the black hole, but it was removed as alot of people got stuck there, due to losing the disk in 1 way or another.

No1 has mentioned that at the very beginning there was no such thing as a bank :) you had to carry everything that you had with you.

Also some facts:

Before TKS, L6vi was nr.1 in overall for a long time, one of the best known players at the very beginning of rs (pic' of him beating andrew himself in a duel: http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/180/31108754ma8.gif )

Gearshifter, you mentioned in your first post was the first person to get max combat lvl - 123.

S A X was lvl 123 by the end of rsc.

First lvl 99 ranger was Snake Slava

First lvl 99 firemaker was cowchicken

First lvl 99 mage WAS bluerose13x

First lvl 99 thief was Duck_man

First lvl 99 hp was Zonghui (he was the first to get att/def/str/hp 99, but as he never got pray 99, his combat was 122 - he never reached 123) SIDENOTE: Zonghui was probably the best known player during rsc-times, every single player knew who he was, kind of like zezima today. With a difference that there were never hordes of noobs following him around, he spent most of his time in wildy anyways, training mostly. Even though killing zonghui was something everyone dream of, it wasn't actually hard if you had stats capable enough, as he wasn't exactly a great pker.

Some more famous players:

Rab - said to have been the first user of rs (aside from the creators)

Sue Me - a great pker

Dessert - greatest cheater of rsc times, the honorable nr.1 rank in jagex's mass ban of Jan 1. 2004.

Kaitnieks & sixfeetunder - The guys who discovered duping.

Evil Cowgod - pioneer of cheating, created the earliest wide-spread cheat-programs.

V1rta - unconfirmed sources claim he/she was the first shemale.

--------Some pictures of rsc----------

Pictures of the predecessor of runescape - DeviousMUD:

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1552 ... frsqs5.png

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/228/ ... ud3xb0.png

And this is what it looked like at the beginning of 2001:

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/9638 ... di4wd3.png

lvl 88 zezima :)

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6330/zezis88pa2.jpg

Ltangel getting 99 crafting:

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1371/ltangelua1.jpg

Shemale gathering:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4382/shemaleza5.jpg

You can see the "what was supposed to be construction" e.g carpentry, that was never released, on this pic (It's Zonghui's account on this picture by the way):

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7989/zonghui2qg4.jpg

RS hiscores, somewhere around the end of 2002 I guess.

http://web.archive.org/web/200209140933 ... score.html

At the beginning Jagex sent newsletters to all the players who wanted so (could you imagine something like this today? :P) and this is the first 1 ever - also the first ever update of runescape.

Jan 21, 2001

RuneScape Newsletter - Issue #1

Welcome to the first

ever RuneScape newsletter.

Firsly a big thank-you to everyone who's been

playing, and has helped makeRuneScape a great success. We only launched just

over 2 weeks ago, and wealready have over 28000 signed up players, and the game

has been played for atotal time of over 4.5 years!

Help keep RuneScape free------------------------Renting a server to run

RuneScape is expensive! I really want to avoid chargingpeople to play, so please

please help me keep it free by visiting the websitebelow and signing up for a

few *free* offers. Thanks!

Want to win Free Cash every day? Try the

newest Freebie site on the Internettoday, FreebieClub.com. Of course it's loaded

with free loot: great vacations,magazines and samples galore!http://www.freebieclub.com/FC_MyFreebies.asp?redir=quick&a=26134

What's new in Runescape-----------------------The RuneScape team has been

working very hard over the past 2 weeks to improvethe game and bring you new

features. Major new features are:

New desert city Al-kharid with:

-Scimitar shop: Buy and sell curvy

swords-Furnace: Conveniant for smelting ore from the desert-Silk trader: Buy

silk here and sell it in varrock for a profit. The amount youmake depends on how

many other people are silk trading.-General store: Another place to buy and sell

your items-Platemail Legs shop: A full range of leg armour to spend your money

on-Kebab shop: Eating kebabs has a random effect. They're normally good,

butrumour has it that a few of them are a bit dodgy. They'll never kill you

though

New Quest in Draynor Manor

Draynor Manor has been opened and

there's spooky things inside! There's avampire asleep in the cellar, and

Professor Oddenstein who lives in the attichas accidently turned someone into a

chicken! To make things worse gremlins havehidden the parts of his machine, so

he can't turn the chicken back. Can you findthe missing pieces to complete this

quest?

Plus over the past 2 weeks we've also

-Improved the map page to

show the locations of useful shops-Added a 'who's playing' page so you can see

if your friends are on-Made Lumbridge safe to give a place to hide from player

killers-Improved the shops to reduce queueing-Reduced the network requirements

so the game works over more connections-Fixed lots of little problems/bugs with

the game to make it more reliable

What's planned--------------We are of course working on many more

improvements to add to the game to make iteven better. We have nearly finished

work on the bank which will hopefully beadded to Varrock city tommorow. The bank

is a safe place to store your money,such that even if you die it can't be lost.

After that the magic system is duefor a big overhaul with lots of new spells

being added, plus we'll be addingsome entirely new professions such as crafting

and fishing to add even morevariety to the game. The next planned quest is 'The

vampire slayer quest' inwhich you must work out how to slay the evil vampire

currently sleeping inDraynor Manor.

Runescape hiscores------------------Below are the top scores as they

were at 3pm GMT on Sunday-21st. Only the top 25players are shown, but I'm

planning on adding a new page to the website soonwhich will allow you to search

for the ranking of any player and see how youcompare with everyone else.

The

hiscores are currently in 4 categories. If there are more categories whichyou

think should be included let me know and I'll consider putting them in thenext

newsletter.

Top 25 players - score is total of all skills

1: lightning - 506

2: Gugge - 436

3: Rab - 428

4: Sir - 415

5: ZAPTONE_Z - 352

5: hurkules - 352

7: Devil_Hunter - 329

8: merlin - 324

9: Rodrigo - 321

9: Hellbringer - 321

11: RattSabre - 320

12: The_Unknown - 319

13: stud690 - 317

14: Flex_10 - 312

15: Morfnak - 311

16: Day_Dream - 306

17: Lord_Soth - 305

18: TheReturnOfX - 302

19: Ashley - 301

20: Auxilus - 300

21: Sunjon - 288

22: terminator - 287

23: kancer - 283

23: Axebane_Hawk - 283

25: KingKong - 280

Top 25 fighters - score is total combat skill

1: lightning - 200

2: Gugge - 182

3: Rab - 178

4: Robin_Hood2 - 172

5: stud690 - 164

6: Sir - 163

7: Day_Dream - 160

8: terminator - 159

9: Ashley - 155

10: Morfnak - 149

11: merlin - 148

12: The_Unknown - 146

13: Flex_10 - 141

14: Lord_Soth - 138

15: hurkules - 136

16: ZAPTONE_Z - 134

17: LoneWolf_LD - 133

18: RattSabre - 131

18: TheReturnOfX - 131

18: constant - 131

21: SilencerLD - 130

22: Auxilus - 129

22: caramon - 129

24: Sir_Beachy - 128

24: Axebane_Hawk - 128

Top 25 player killers - score is number of kills

1: DaRk_RoCk - 100

2: SilencerLD - 953

: Robin_Hood2 - 83

3: Mortis - 83

5: EndBringer - 80

6: Phadera - 69

7: bomboy2328 - 68

8: donk - 67

9: Windstick - 65

10: Yemen - 64

11: Yokomon - 61

11: RCCBrasil - 61

13: lancelot24 - 60

14: Samhill - 58

14: Samikaze - 58

14: DecIll - 58

17: koma - 55

18: robsimons - 53

18: Rankka - 53

20: ace2you - 52

20: adam2000 - 52

22: plumaglob - 51

22: Wolf - 51

24: God - 50

24: crazy_joe75 - 50

Top 25 smiths - score is mining + smithing

1: lightning - 88

2: dmonik - 87

3: The_Unknown - 84

4: KPOBb - 81

5: Lord_Soth - 80

6: Rodrigo - 74

6: TheReturnOfX - 74

6: Silverion - 74

9: hurkules - 73

9: Garbages - 73

9: Deckchair - 73

12: Sir - 70

12: Auxilus - 70

14: Bubba_bobba - 68

14: Lordrlz - 68

16: Flurble - 67

16: Flex_10 - 67

16: stud690 - 67

16: Tiney - 67

20: Gugge - 66

20: natslayer - 66

20: Vit - 66

20: Sgt_Savage - 66

20: STarlude - 66

25: Arcon - 65

Thanks for reading this newsletter, have fun playing the game!Andrew Gower

(RuneScape

creator)

NB! - Sorry for the long post :P

meet stop being a noob, u just mad bc i didnt mention ur name. its been a while and meet u were pretty badd. one of the most leet catchers there was.. but check this. i know u remember me, darkarcherr7, omnihiei, hieithegreat, and ssj used to rock you and your bois at greaters. i might have the yrs wrong.. its 08 i aint got that good of memory so ya'll excuse me. but i can remember u x'n on one of ur buddies on members one time.. but we were gangn u so no disrespect.

In game name (shank_u_dead).

The black hole wasn't for banned players, I'm pretty sure I remember in the dwarven mountains a dwarf asked you if you wanted to go somewhere. He'd give you the disk of returning ( now discountinued ) which you would have to use to get out of the blackness.

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

To Genetic Freak -

I'm not going to quote your entire post just for one line, but this is a response to you.

You claim Zonghui to be a bad pker, but it was infact him who basically invented diagonal catching. He was one of the best known pkers and early inventers of catching. Although arugeably lady kill joy perfected it, he still was notable due to him being the first. I don't think he deserves to be recognised as "bad pker."

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

meet stop being a noob, u just mad bc i didnt mention ur name. its been a while and meet u were pretty badd. one of the most leet catchers there was.. but check this. i know u remember me, darkarcherr7, omnihiei, hieithegreat, and ssj used to rock you and your bois at greaters. i might have the yrs wrong.. its 08 i aint got that good of memory so ya'll excuse me. but i can remember u x'n on one of ur buddies on members one time.. but we were gangn u so no disrespect.

Funny stuff, that group you named was basically the second generation of haiyanz. None could pk for [cabbage].

And to the guy who said zonghui and ladykilljoy invented catching as well as perfected it, i can only laugh hysterically. Check your facts again mate .

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

All that [cabbage] is 03 n later. Dsm was pure before , and other then at castle no one knew about him.

the fact you named ssj2yugi, nemesis kks , and u p k m e all in the same paragraph shows your pk ability , oh even worst you put samanthaz up there.

Infact the only decent pkers you listed was kdog , and dsm from 03 and thats when it wasnt dustin playing on either.

There was 5 different eras to rsc pking , each one having its great. But quite honestly even tho i wicked i , max, or zar family werent the best pkers ever , by far their period in rsc was probally the most interesting and if the 2nd scapeboards were still up they could easily prove it.

I'm sure someone knew me that didn't pk at castle. It's not a big thing at all and I don't mean to bring it up but you're insane if you didn't think I was a decent pker. I was decent. Kdog was top 5. I don't think I ever gave anyone dsm's password until like 3 months after rs2 had been released. Before then it was always me.

Does anyone remember when rs2 was released? I honestly don't know. I think it was early - mid 2004?

I'm sure someone knew me that didn't pk at castle. It's not a big thing at all and I don't mean to bring it up but you're insane if you didn't think I was a decent pker. I was decent. Kdog was top 5. I don't think I ever gave anyone dsm's password until like 3 months after rs2 had been released. Before then it was always me.

Does anyone remember when rs2 was released? I honestly don't know. I think it was early - mid 2004?

I knew you back then and this donkey is right, you never left the castle... Its funny how your still lying about the bad rep you use to have trying to act all hard!

\'

The black hole wasn't for banned players, I'm pretty sure I remember in the dwarven mountains a dwarf asked you if you wanted to go somewhere. He'd give you the disk of returning ( now discountinued ) which you would have to use to get out of the blackness.

Black hole was the way to "ban" people. After people started to create nubs and get them banned on a purpose to see it, Jagex added the black hole experiment to the dwarven mines. After they changed their punishments they saw no reason to keep up with the experiment and removed it.

First lvl 99 thief was Duck_man

False. Swedemike was first. Duck Man was the first to 20m+ thief xp, not 100% sure on 15m+.

Evil Cowgod - pioneer of cheating, created the earliest wide-spread cheat-programs.

Tony's autominer was the first program that got a lot of publicity. Also the first version of Rune and bot came before Evil.

V1rta - unconfirmed sources claim he/she was the first shemale.

Not the first but one of the last ones before people started creating their "real shemales". V1rta had a male body+beard BUT wore a woman plate which he couldn't remove or he wouldn't have been able to put it back. The "real" shemales had woman chest+beard so in the other words they could remove or put back the plate.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm