Ninjas or Pirates ~ Only YOU can choose!

InfiniteLove

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duh, if we look at it in a dull, realistic way, of course historic ninjas would crush pirates, who were mostly undisciplined bands of drunk bandits aboard ships and boats.

But a pirate's life would sure as heck been more interesting. :) And while piracy was a real career option to some poor medieval peasants/middle class, ninjas were mostly in secret elite societies, or exclusively trained spies with different loyalties for various emperors, warlords, etc...

You couldn't really just "become" a ninja back in the day, as you could become a pirate. Waiting on rooftops for weeks while trying to stay unseen, for one single important person to pass by.. No thanks :lol:

Ninja

1. you'll never see him-until he's about to kill you. Even then its doubtful.

2. shruiken

3. ski mask

4. Katana

Yes, ninjas can hide among the waves.

Oh, and is there a nationally famous podcast called ask a pirate?(...well...its not as popular as ask a ninja anyway :oops: ) Didn't think so.

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

Duh, if we look at it in a dull, realistic way, of course historic ninjas would crush pirates, who were mostly undisciplined bands of drunk bandits aboard ships and boats.

But a pirate's life would sure as heck been more interesting. :) And while piracy was a real career option to some poor medieval peasants/middle class, ninjas were mostly in secret elite societies, or exclusively trained spies with different loyalties for various emperors, warlords, etc...

You couldn't really just "become" a ninja back in the day, as you could become a pirate. Waiting on rooftops for weeks while trying to stay unseen, for one single important person to pass by.. No thanks :lol:

Oh no, the fish-pirates can walk under water and teleport. (Remember when Jack Sparrow was looking through the spyglass and Davy Jones teleported right next to him. Astronomical :)) Pirates are so much better, hehe.

Source?

My source is reading it multiple times in different history books. I'll do a quick web search since you don't feel inclined for some references.

http://www.taots.co.uk/content/view/25/30/

You can find more if you want.

That's funny, because in all the time I've spent in dusty university libraries, not once have I seen a reference to the incident you described. Please provide me with an academic source.

And to all the people using the ninja stereotype: ninja were historically peasant guerrillas. There was no hard or mystical training to speak of. It's difficult to be a credible threat when all you have to work with are converted farming tools.

Ships and boats with guns on them. And if they were so undisciplined, then explain how they ever became as big a threat to commercial shipping as they did.

Source?

My source is reading it multiple times in different history books. I'll do a quick web search since you don't feel inclined for some references.

http://www.taots.co.uk/content/view/25/30/

You can find more if you want.

That's funny, because in all the time I've spent in dusty university libraries, not once have I seen a reference to the incident you described. Please provide me with an academic source.

And to all the people using the ninja stereotype: ninja were historically peasant guerrillas. There was no hard or mystical training to speak of. It's difficult to be a credible threat when all you have to work with are converted farming tools.

Ships and boats with guns on them. And if they were so undisciplined, then explain how they ever became as big a threat to commercial shipping as they did.

You're getting a little into this? :)

Hehe

Okay, no matter how you view life, you have your own code of life. Mine is such that it contradicts many things, between what I know is right, and what I know I have to do.

I believe that piracy was evil and such, but they had a choice, to be able to go out and do something else, not giving a hoot about what anyone else says or thinks.

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Pirates, they're absolute divine beings to Pastafarians. The increase Global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of pirates since the 1800s.

Proven by this handy graph ::'

FSM_Pirates.png

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

If the only reasons you're choosing ninjas is because of what you saw on an anime show on television maybe you should rethink your decision.

Same goes for people basing their knowledge of pirates off a Disney movie. :roll:

Why not? They're the coolest examples.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

^ But those have the best examples...What are you smoking dusty? :o

So I can't favor pirates because I've seen an incredible movie series on them? What the hell?

Yeah, the Muppet's version of Treasure Island rates as the best pirate movie I've ever seen, too.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men