Why do you still play runescape?

Angelsbane

I feel like the updates had its ups and downs. Nowadays, I see a huge number of bots; including those fishing and wcing. But the updates did affect trading in a way many people did not like. I didn't like the updates for trading but I still play. Mainly because of friends.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read one intelligent response yet as to why you should keep playing. If it's for "fun" by skilling, you guys need to get out more. I mean if you have fun clicking on a tinderbox then some logs to make a fire over and over again times ten thousand, it's kind of sad. For the community? Oh you mean all of the whiney 12 year olds or possibly 14 year olds who think they're funny for saying "pl0x" in every other sentence that make up most of this "community?" If you're playing with some friends you know in person or have known for awhile online that's fine, but if you are to say the community of Runescape is worth playing for, you pretty much automatically label yourself as a moron, or a member to one of those groups I mentioned

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Haven't read one intelligent response yet as to why you should keep playing.

According to you, neither have I.

Fun is an undefinable opinion that you can't say its better or worse. The community is mostly referred to Tip.It; which is odd you're staying here with a buch of p10x-loving 12 year olds.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I play because, yes I am still addicted. But now I realise that this game has gone downhill and most of my RL friends have quit also. No one IRL I can talk to about the game. Theres just somethings in RS that you can't talk about with friends you meet ON the game than with friends you have IRL.

As of January 5th, I will no longer be a member and I will not play this game anymore.

I get on for 2 reasons

1. To see all my friends

2. To train to beat my friends IRL

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

best game ever, latest update made a great game 100 times better, love it or leave it

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

Haven't read one intelligent response yet as to why you should keep playing.

According to you, neither have I.

Fun is an undefinable opinion that you can't say its better or worse. The community is mostly referred to Tip.It; which is odd you're staying here with a buch of p10x-loving 12 year olds.

That first sentence didn't even make sense, although I think I was able to get what you were saying.

You're right about the fun thing. I just can't comprehend how clicking in the same pattern thousands of times is enjoyable. I mean I did use to play myself and skill a little, but it was all so I could achieve a certain skill that would ultimately do some PvP by funding my pking or giving me money to stake/merchant. Now that these are gone, what is the point of skilling? If it's to get money, what do you need money for other than to work on other skills? If it's to get outfits... why? I don't want the lame "I do it for the sense of achievement" response either, because that's crap. I guess the only thing left that might be fun would be monster killing.

In response to your last sentence: so are you saying that you are in fact a "p10x-loving" 12 year old? There are a ton of lame people on Tip It, but there are also some cool people. Plus if there weren't idiots, it wouldn't be as fun since I wouldn't have anyone to embarrass/flame, even if it is immature. I guess I just like putting people's ego's in check sometimes (not saying this is the case here)

MY FAVORITE BAND:

my favorite thing to do in the game are questing, minigames and skilling

exept that i wont be able to give prestents on my birthday and help my friends nothing has changed.( and they said they're working on it)

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm

Games are meant to be played, thats my answer!

That's the reason i still play. While i don't get all the bells and whistles for being a F2P it gives me something to do if IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m bored. I enjoy games and I play them.

29386_s.gif

"Goals dont have a deadline." -xxxgod quoting Lady Shahdie

[slayer "Essentials"][click pic for main blog][click quote for mini blog][Worthwhile Auras]

Plus if there weren't idiots, it wouldn't be as fun since I wouldn't have anyone to embarrass/flame, even if it is immature. I guess I just like putting people's ego's in check sometimes (not saying this is the case here)

I can think of someone who needs an ego check... -.-

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

I still play because of the community. Most people that play are, in fact, not immature, although I'm sure some of you would beg to differ. I also keep playing for the fact that I have been playing for about 2.5 years and I'm not going to stop playing because of an update because then it means I would have wasted that time. I also don't think as many people quit as some people think, although I could be wrong because I don't have any numbers to back that statement up.

lovepanda86.png
lovepanda86.png
--8727th person to achieve 99 Fishing on 8/19/2008--
--6012th person to achieve 99 Thieving on 10/12/2008--

R.I.P. October 31, 2013

lovepanda.png

99 Fletching 7/16/2015

I don't.

I played the game to have fun and escape. Now instead Jagex is forcing people to change and adjust and think about an issue that barely even affected them.

+1

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Plus if there weren't idiots, it wouldn't be as fun since I wouldn't have anyone to embarrass/flame, even if it is immature. I guess I just like putting people's ego's in check sometimes (not saying this is the case here)

I can think of someone who needs an ego check... -.-

I don't think you understand what an ego is

MY FAVORITE BAND:

Runescape is one of the most friendly games around. Most games are all about combat and not making friends or working with other people. Most games do not have a friends list that you can keep connected with people on. I started playing to keep in touch with my friends after curfew which was 11:00 I was 12 at the time. Now I play because I have made new friends online and even though we have never seen each other face we still feel an attachment to that person and we know that there is a face behind the pixels. I still play as a way to talk to friends even though the friends from when i first started playing have all quit and now the friends i've known for years are quiting because of the update and by the time i reach the point everyone knows me where ever I go it won't matter because I know all my other friends will have quit by then. I'm sure my message is long enough so i'ma end it here.

Runescape is one of the most friendly games around.

Lol, how?

Most games are all about combat and not making friends or working with other people. Most games do not have a friends list that you can keep connected with people on.

Name 2

MY FAVORITE BAND:

Lol, how?

Most games are all about combat and not making friends or working with other people. Most games do not have a friends list that you can keep connected with people on.

Name 2

Does maplestory have a friends list?

Or WoW?

Or Final Fantasy?

I haven't played any of 'em, so I don't know. And I know Maplestory is totally different, but still....

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Lol, how?

Name 2

Does maplestory have a friends list?

Or WoW?

Or Final Fantasy?

I haven't played any of 'em, so I don't know. And I know Maplestory is totally different, but still....

Last choas, turf battles. Two games with no friends list and all about combat.