I resubbed....to play like a peasant...weird or not?

simosimo

Recently I've been yearning for an RPG style game, to play as a peasant, or someone just trying to get by. Most RPGS I know , combat is the main focus, with minor skills on the side.

Runescape is my favorite RPG due to the wide amount of skills, but on and off since 2003/4 i've never got stuck in since I first started, I always get bored, or just think 'the hell with it' and stop playing.

I resubbed today because I just wanted to fish , mine an do stuff to make money. I can't really be assed for quests and fighting. I just wanna...play like a civilian kinda...

Anyone else play RS like this?

(I even made my clothes ripped and rugged !)

I hope I can get back into Runescape like I did years ago, there's loads more stuff added, it's quite impressive actually!

There's nothing weird about preferring to play like that. Personally, I'm not too fond of runescape's "heroic" activities such as questing and slaying dragons either.

Being self-sufficient in runescape is what I enjoy most, and in order to be so you have to spend most of your time playing the good ol' citizen.

rhnw0.jpg

Click my signature to visit my blog: _The Endless Road To Advancement

I think I know what you mean.

Do you mean starting with literally nothing, being dirt poor, and having to work your way up? I like those kind of games. Motherload, although not an online game, is a great example. I love how in the beginning you barely make a living drilling for bronzium and ironium, worth around 10-50 dollars. In the end, when you've reached 7,000 feet or so, there are literally 5 amazonite ores on the screen, each worth a whopping 500,000 dollars each. You can even purchase upgrades for your pod. That's definately one of xgen's classics. I love that game.

I wouldn't exactly classify runescape as one of those types of games. I've known people to get 100k on their first day.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

In the good ol' days, when i got bored, i'd go into the wilderness with absolutely nothing with me, which is kinda like starting with nothing and barely getting by. I would wander around, avoiding pkers, and picking up anything good that i saw to protect myself as best as possible. It was fun. Once or twice i even got enough armour/ good stuff to kill afew people and get even better stuff. In the end, I always got killed though, it was fun to see how long i'd last.

These days, it's alot easier, and not as fun, with no pkers to run away from and dodge, there's less risk. Still, those ghosts that wander around do provide some risk... Try it though, I always enjoyed a day in the wilderness, barely surviving!

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I think I know what you mean.

Do you mean starting with literally nothing, being dirt poor, and having to work your way up? I like those kind of games. Motherload, although not an online game, is a great example. I love how in the beginning you barely make a living drilling for bronzium and ironium, worth around 10-50 dollars. In the end, when you've reached 7,000 feet or so, there are literally 5 amazonite ores on the screen, each worth a whopping 500,000 dollars each. You can even purchase upgrades for your pod. That's definately one of xgen's classics. I love that game.

I wouldn't exactly classify runescape as one of those types of games. I've known people to get 100k on their first day.

aweh meh gee, that game is so much fun lol.

OT: skillers are kewl beans, and role playing (altho im not into it) aint bad =D>

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

oh my yes. rpgs are for role playing! be a peasant, be a thief, be an old crazy hermit.

just play the way that makes you happy! :D

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

This is the main reason I like RuneScape. Its not solely combat orientated.

Hunter

PS: LOL finally..been a member of tip.it for over 2 years and finally crossed the 200 post count...hehe

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

You're not alone. There are many who plays RS just like you :).

Myself I prefer training all skills, and I try to have them at the same level. But most often my combat skills are a little higher than the rest of my skills, but it's no big difference.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

its called roleplaying

theres even a server for that :thumbsup:

I often walk around looking cool too

There is?

What one?

World 42 (Members).

EDIT: To the post below me, beat ya ::'

Ironically, that was my homeworld ever since I started playing, and I love to RP.

Sadly, noone i've ever met there actully RPs... it's about the same as the other worlds. (though I do meet some pretty nice people there)

I'd love to have some more RPers come over here.. we definitly need it.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

This is the main reason I like RuneScape. Its not solely combat orientated.

Hunter

PS: LOL finally..been a member of tip.it for over 2 years and finally crossed the 200 post count...hehe

I have been here for over 2 years and haven't even broke 50 yet.

But I suppose it is better to sit and listen than regret what you said.

felter_laur.png