elder scrolls IV : OBLIVION

sammyboy894

White (or black?) means skill/attribute is on its normal level.

Green means something (spell/enchantment) boosts it \'

Red means something has damaged/drained it :?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White (or black?) means skill/attribute is on its normal level.

Green means something (spell/enchantment) boosts it \'

Red means something has damaged/drained it :?

Yeah I know the enchantments part but I don't understand why some are red, nothing has damaged or drained it (except for my scales to Personality).

Oh, and how come I can't remove the Blade of Woe or the Vipereye (I can't remove it, and it won't let me wear it, but the effects are still on apparently, but it's not highlighted like I would be wearing it) from my pack? It says they're quest items. I want to remove that Blade.

Blade of Woe

You can remove it after [hide=]Completing Dark brotherhood quests[/hide]

Vipereye

Bug, cant remove it in xbox version :(

----

Try praying at an altar or drink a restoration potion for that skill? Damage effects wont go away like drain spells ;)

You can use removeitem if it's the PC version. I know I do it with all the random junk for the theives guild; and the market quest. Usually I don't mind for weapons/armour with 0 weight but keys and notes I can't remove (well key for the santuary is the exception) piss me off to no end since it's just more crap to scroll past.

Wait, I've completed a few Dark Brotherhood quests. I'm up to the Fort one where you replace medicine with poison (it's on hold right now because I got bored), and I still can't remove that damn blade.

That sucks that there are so many bugs. Someone should patch that or something.

Also, does the Game of the Year edition of Oblivion (the one I have I think, might be the X-Box classics one) come with Shivering Isles? How do I go there?

Too bad they wont be patching the game anymore :/

Portal to Shiv isles is in the Niben bay east of Bravil, on an island :) (did you get the message stating a portal has opened?)

BTW the medicine bottle from that quest is a perm quest item, too :?

Oh and FULLY complete the Dark brotherhood questline to [hide=]Get the blade enchanted[/hide]

I didn't read that, don't want to spoil it. And no, I didn't get that portal message yet.

Thanks you guys for helping me out, I'm still sort of a neub.

By the way, what's the highest main level you can ascend to? I'm level 16 or 17 I think, one of those. Is that good?

(My last level message was the one saying I will never get younger.)

By the way again, can you age in this game? When you pick your looks in the beginning, (young, old) does that stay constant?

I didn't read that, don't want to spoil it. And no, I didn't get that portal message yet.

Thanks you guys for helping me out, I'm still sort of a neub.

By the way, what's the highest main level you can ascend to? I'm level 16 or 17 I think, one of those. Is that good?

(My last level message was the one saying I will never get younger.)

By the way again, can you age in this game? When you pick your looks in the beginning, (young, old) does that stay constant?

It's constant, yes. Those messages are your experiences as you level and learn things. You realize that you're not going to get younger, so you have to stay in top form to be able to compete with the newer adventurers.

Not sure about a limit. I'm level 30-something, and still have a long way to go, and some here are in the 50-range, I think.

The highest level a skill can get is 100, right? What happens when all your main skills are maxed?

You stop leveling :D .

Yeah duh, but how do you up your main level after that if there are level 50+'s in Oblivion? Surely the skills must've been maxed out by then!

From memory the max possible character level is 52 without having stats or attributes decreased from jail or whatever. HOWEVER; this requires you to carefully select your 7 major skills; specilisation and birth sign so that all your skills start at the lowest levels possible. AND, if you're tricky, you can max all your attributes with a character like that by level 36 (depending on birth sign). But once all your attributes are maxed; you can't sleep to level up "Perfection can not be improved upon"; so unless you have the PC version you can't use the console to lower your attributes to keep leveling up.

Edit: You can also keep leveling on the pc using the console, but legit methods max at 52

I need C/c on this build, please (Magic word :thumbup:...):

Race : Bosmer/Argonian.

Birthsign: Thief/shadow.

Attributes: Agility, speed.

Skills: Sneak, marksman, blade, alchemy, light armor/hand to hand and security.

I'm not really experienced, so it would be really helpful.

igsig.png

Well I mean either blade or hand to hand, I can't decide which one. My brother that pretty much finished the game as warrior told me that it's pretty decent so I'm not sure.

Also when I'm using blades it have to be knife or a short sword for fast movement because my defence and health isn't going to be too high (I haven't tried hand to hand before so I don't know (In actual combat)). Hand to hand doesn't sacrifice your movement speed if I'm not wrong?

igsig.png

*Cough*53*Cough*

Yea, my bad. Forgot to add the 1 you start on :lol:

No, I mean, what does it do? Nothing, right? Just a weak form of attacking?

Fatiuges your opponent damn fast. I wasn't even a journeyman of Hand to Hand during the Arena and I could knock people down with a power attack after laying into them for a bit.

So what's the best way to incorporate Hand to Hand into battle scenarios?

Personally, I like starting with Hand to Hand & on-touch spells then pull out my melee weapon after a short while.

Personally, I like starting with Hand to Hand & on-touch spells then pull out my melee weapon after a short while.

Do you think it's useful without any kind of aid with spells? I might just go with blade if it's not.

igsig.png

Do you think it's useful without any kind of aid with spells? I might just go with blade if it's not.

No, any kind of weapon beats h2h :(

If your on pc you should download a h2h mod because the skill is almost useless in vanilla :|

Oh :P also I'm on the 360 version.

Made up a new build, maybe it's better. It's a Mage/Ranger.

Race: Argonian/Altmer

Attribute: Intelligence (Or willpower) and agility.

Skills: Marksman, light armor, alchemy, destruction, blade (or athletics), Conjuration, security.

Conjuration is for a target dummy and a "tank" to keep me safe while I shoot arrows/magic. Do I need a close range option if I go with both offensive magic and ranged?

igsig.png

Conjuration and Alchemy level too quickly for major skills. Best swap them out for other things. Your conjuration summons aren't going to be tanking much, since without mods, it'll be a while before you get any summons that are worth anything. Ranged combat involves a lot of running away.