elder scrolls IV : OBLIVION

sammyboy894

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there a hammer in Morrowind's museum that had a weight in the thousands?

Tried stealing that once, two swings took out my fatigue completely

Yes. With potions and strength enchantments I got it back to my house.

Personally I like morrowind more then oblivion. I have beat all quests in both, but morrowind has so many more mods and stuff

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Wasn't there a hammer in Morrowind's museum that had a weight in the thousands?

Tried stealing that once, two swings took out my fatigue completely

Yes. With potions and strength enchantments I got it back to my house.

Personally I like morrowind more then oblivion. I have beat all quests in both, but morrowind has so many more mods and stuff

Meh, I think the quality of the mods are better...Like The Paladins of the Lost Divines (or something close to that, haven't played in a while). The armor for that mod is truly realistic, and is better looking than most armors in that game. I believe it has the same defensive bonuses as...Daedric?

I'm gonna have to look up my characters stats 'n stuff, otherwise I'll just play Guitar Hero...

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

• 3 weeks later...

omg!!!! the thread to the best game on eath is dying!!! bump

ok on topic lvl 17 nord custom

full suit of crusaders armor

blade 75

heavy armor 80

sneak 50

security 50

steal for the fun of it heheheh.....

and 45k

373884298_m.jpg

45k? cheater!?

On topic: How is the PC version compared to the Xbox 360 version? getting a copy of the PC one after I upgraded my computer and I used to have it for the 360.

ok i do not cheat i am againts cheating and all that stuff

i do recomend getting it for pc cause u can get way cool mods if 2 people ask i will tell how i made 45k

373884298_m.jpg

It's relatively easy to make 45k in oblivion, even without stealing. I probably have about 150-200k in enchanted items sitting in chests that I know I'll never use. Now to just get my mercentile up high enough to increase how much monies merchants have to maximize the profits. My fenced gold is somewhere around the 30k mark too.

And, lockopen, if you can make a better Necromancer stonghold that'd be sweet. Dark Fissue is about as close as it gets. Need something closer to what the Mythic Dawn have :thumbsup:

Okay well i just got the game maybe 2 weeks ago. It's really good, to think of all the times i just looked over it at Gamestop #-o. I have a level seven Darkelf Battlemage. Mostly just use Electric touch(45 damage) and switch to my Dwarven Claymore and hack away.

I usually just use the Black Hand robes for armour. If i get in some trouble damage wise, i go to my house in Skingrad and get my Chainmail.

I'm the Listener in the Dark Brotherhood(wow those quests were fun) and thats pretty much it.

Also,I'd like to know, is the Dwarven Claymore worth using? Like the high fatigue rates. Does the damage compensate for the slowness/high fatigue rates? And i usually use longswords but i can't find a Dwarven Longsword anywhere. I don't suppose there's any places where there's a gaurenteed one is there?And any other tips are really appreciated.

Yes i did cheat for money. I'm sorry but moneymaking in oblivion is pretty slow so i just killed that guy in the Talos district and did the infinite money glitch. Have about One and a half million now. Don't worry, i'll still go through every cave/tunnel in the game eventually. I just never want to be strapped for money.

One last thing, I've been wanting to try out an Argonian Assasain/Archer. Any tips for that?

Thanks guys. :twss:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded oblivion, it's uber fun, I played 9 hours in total now, but still on the quest where I have to talk to the kings son and then enter the oblivion gate to close it. I keep dying there and it bring me to these questions:

- What are the ingredients for minor, regular and large health potions? (and preferably where to find them)

- I'm usually always close to the max limit weight, is there a place where I can put some of my stuff and come back later to get it?

- I have alot of stolen goods and I wanna sell them but I think I need to be in a Thieving Guild, where and how do i get inside of it?

I just love the freedom of whatever, its just so much fun!

Oh and also where can I get some better destruction spells?

THANKS ALOT.

I just downloaded oblivion, it's uber fun, I played 9 hours in total now, but still on the quest where I have to talk to the kings son and then enter the oblivion gate to close it. I keep dying there and it bring me to these questions:

- What are the ingredients for minor, regular and large health potions? (and preferably where to find them)

- I'm usually always close to the max limit weight, is there a place where I can put some of my stuff and come back later to get it?

- I have alot of stolen goods and I wanna sell them but I think I need to be in a Thieving Guild, where and how do i get inside of it?

I just love the freedom of whatever, its just so much fun!

Oh and also where can I get some better destruction spells?

THANKS ALOT.

The thieves guild requires you to read one of the gray fox's wanted posters, then find a beggar and max his/her disposition then ask about the gray fox, from there its pretty self explanatory.

Better spells, the mages guild sells some, and you can make your own once you get into the arcane university.

Health potions are a little harder i think some one has a potions guide on gamefaqs. It's a pain to get the right ingredients at lower levels. Once you hit 50+ it gets a lot easier.

Also, if you don't mind being a little bit evil, join the dark brotherhood. There are some pretty good rewards as well as acess to a really good night eye spell.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

Or you just read the wanted poster then turn up at the garden in the water front district and talk to the doyen (forgot his name right now.. the fellow with the trorch).

As for restrore health potions... it's a lot easier to just use the restore health spell, especially at low levels.

Once you get to a higher level the potions are a lot more effective than your spells for restoring health.

If you're getting too close to the max weigth limit, sell off stuff you don't use. If you have a lot of stolen goods get into the thieves guild ASAP, or buy the house in the imperial city (2k gold, plus another 700 or so for at least one storage unit). And, increase the strength of your character as that will increase how much you can carry.

Love the game, absolute noob at it though.

- Could some people tell me effective moneymaking methods?

- How do I restore enchanted weapons?

- Anyone tell me a good character class / race to make for slice and dice type play?

Love the game, absolute noob at it though.

- Could some people tell me effective moneymaking methods?

- How do I restore enchanted weapons?

- Anyone tell me a good character class / race to make for slice and dice type play?

For money making, I would recommend the Duel Arena in the Imperial City.

Aslo, this is the ultimate guide to all things elder scrolls.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I've started playing it again a bit recently, just until warhammer online comes out.

Level 10 Argonian, I'm pretty much your typical "rogue" class. Blade, light armor, restoration, Security, Sneak, Marksman, Alteration. I've finished the Dark brotherhood quest line and the Thieves guild quest line. :thumbsup:

Just looking for something to do now. I'm running pretty lightly for mods, considering my version is Direct2Drive and I can't use OBSE so it limits what I can use. However I have improved the textures of the game (looks amazing now, 4096x4096 textures instead of 1024x1024) and I have a mod for unlimited weapon charges (I find the system a pain in the [wagon]).

Any ideas? I've already beaten the main quest line before so I don't really want to do it again.