elder scrolls IV : OBLIVION

sammyboy894

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Well, as long as you're posting here, will you give me tips?

:D

The best tip I can give you right now is to just fool around for a bit, and get used to the game. Try doing a couple of quests or something, maybe even try the main questline. After awhile, things shouldn't be so complicated :P you might also want to start off with one of the default classes when you start out, since it's kind of complicated creating a good custom class.

2552DyWnY.png

Since you said you rented it I'm assuming you got it on the 360, which means you already made two mistakes. You got it on the 360 rather than the PC, and it is better on the PC, and then you rented it, and 5 days or whatever isn't nearly long enough. I guess you can get the feel of the game though to decide whether or not you want to by it.

Here is a first time player guide, it might have some good info in it. It says at the beginning though that the best way to learn is just to play, which is what I agree with. When you first get out of the sewers the best thing to do would probably go into the Imperial City and just explore. I think the first thing I did was go to the west side of the island, and go over the bridge to a little village on the shore called Weye. Talk to a guy there and you can get a quest to get fish scales, the reward is a water breathing ring so if you aren't Argonian then it comes in really helpful.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Hey Indy: Why is it better on pc rather then 360? I mean, other then patches(especially the naked one :o j/k :P ) I can't see how ther'd be much difference.

Mods.

And the ability to fix quests which aren't progressing :P

Hey Indy: Why is it better on pc rather then 360? I mean, other then patches(especially the naked one :o j/k :P ) I can't see how ther'd be much difference.

Mods.

And the ability to fix quests which aren't progressing :P

Yep, patches for bug fixes is the main reason. A lot of people would also say fixing the fighting system and leveling "bugs" (they aren't great). I didn't get into a lot of mods but that is definitely another good reason. Having the 10-15 Unique Landscapes mods really changes exploring, makes it more interesting.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Landscape changes? Thats pretty cool.

I have one more question: Since the shivering isles was basically a big fat patch for oblivion, I'm assuming that it doesn't intertwine with oblivion on the 360.

I'm probably going to get oblivion soon, but which should I get?

Shamuuu.png

Listen to the mighty words of Bloodredsword.

Tip it MGC Xbox live leader board!

So far, I don't think the game is for me. I'll give it a chance though. I probably just haven't gotten to the good parts. Thanks indy.

More I thought about it, renting isn't that bad of an option if you never played an Elder Scrolls game before. If you aren't hooked in the 5 days you have it, you probably wont be. The games aren't for everyone.

Landscape changes? Thats pretty cool.

I have one more question: Since the shivering isles was basically a big fat patch for oblivion, I'm assuming that it doesn't intertwine with oblivion on the 360.

I'm probably going to get oblivion soon, but which should I get?

Yeah the landscape changes are great. Here is a map of what is changed. Just adds more variety.

The Game of the Year edition comes with Oblivion, Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine I think. That would probably be your best bet. The downloadable content isn't really worth it, unless Knights of the Nine isn't included in the GOTY. Don't know how much it costs, it might be worth it.

Shivering Isles and the regular game are pretty much completely separate. I'd probably get a good amount of play time in on the regular game before going to the Shivering Isles though.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

ok^

So will my character from oblivion carry over to knights of the nine and shivering isles? Are all 3 on one disc?

Thanks for helping with the questions :)

Yep, Knights of the Nine is actually all in Cyrodiil, just adds some places. It is basically like any other quest, there is no real time frame of when you have to do it or how fast. Shivering Isles just adds a doorway in Cyrodiil, which leads to the Shivering Isles. You can go back and forth freely for the most part. You use the same character for all of this, unless you don't want to.

I am actually not sure how the disc works. I bought them all separately as they came out so I have 3 different discs. Everything is installed to the computer, it never reads anything off the discs. I think I used the original disc to start it up. Maybe I used a no-dvd crack. Anyhow you wont have to switch discs all the time.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Ok, well..I'm having a poorness breakdown here with my character. Lol..I was stupid, and lost all of my gold in the Dagon Shrine quest. I'd rather not go in there and fight everyone off just for the pitiful amount I had them...but now I've only got around 23 gold to my name O.O

Anyways..I'm in the Dark Brotherhood, Thieve's Guild, and the Mage's Guild. I'm kind of a mix between stealth and fighter, but I do use restoration and I have a flare spell for ranged attacks. ANy suggestions on a good way to bring in some profit?

Thanks everyone

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

Ok, well..I'm having a poorness breakdown here with my character. Lol..I was stupid, and lost all of my gold in the Dagon Shrine quest. I'd rather not go in there and fight everyone off just for the pitiful amount I had them...but now I've only got around 23 gold to my name O.O

Anyways..I'm in the Dark Brotherhood, Thieve's Guild, and the Mage's Guild. I'm kind of a mix between stealth and fighter, but I do use restoration and I have a flare spell for ranged attacks. ANy suggestions on a good way to bring in some profit?

Thanks everyone

Grab some alchemy gear (novice level from any mages guild) and go running around picking up ingrediants (either legit, or break into houses and steal all their food :P) then head over to main ingredient in the market district, make up the potions, sell them, buy more ingredients and sell for profit :Ptime consuming but it gets skills up fast and makes a decent amount of money.

On my current file I went from lv 47 to 91 alchemy in about 10 minutes after I built up a MASSIVE supply of ingredients from just investing just over two hours of time into stealing supplies from buildings and running around the wild picking them. made like 20k gold at the end of it all, roughly.

Edit: and compete in the ARENA - at lv 35 I current rake in over 4k per match (1 per week as grand champion) which keeps my assests growing :)

Thanks everyone

Do you have a save before hand or was that too far back? Anyways, it sounds like you only have to kill one person to get your stuff back, Harrow, the guy who took your stuff. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Dagon_Shrine I haven't done this quest in quite a long time so I don't really remember what happens.

A good way to make money would be just to start finishing those faction quests, you get a decent amount from the DB ones.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Thanks everyone

Do you have a save before hand or was that too far back? Anyways, it sounds like you only have to kill one person to get your stuff back, Harrow, the guy who took your stuff. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Dagon_Shrine I haven't done this quest in quite a long time so I don't really remember what happens.

A good way to make money would be just to start finishing those faction quests, you get a decent amount from the DB ones.

Yes, all you have to do is kill the guy who took the stuff. Fighting everyone else isn't hard either as the staff you get from the girl (if you kill her) hits pretty well and kills most of them quickly (thats if you don't have something decent to kill with in the first place).

Anyway you should always save before doing something major like a quest.

Lol, my goal is to run from Anvil, go along the West Weald, and then go down to the Leyawiin/Bravil Area. Then I'm going back up through Blackwood, along the very East coast (through those mountains), taking a stop at Dive Rock, and then following the Jerall Mountains and the Colovian Highlands back to Anvil.

It'll take forever..but it will be fun. I also want to do a tour of the middle of Cyrodiil, through all of the Great Forest.

I did the around the outside run once. Make sure to turn off borders, it sucks hitting that invisible wall every 5 seconds. After you turn off borders you should go check the outlying land, there is a crap load of it. I'm thinking 3 or 4 times the area of Cyrodiil.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I just finished it today, i maxed out sneak so it wasn't that hard :D the cowl thing is pretty cool though.

I don't use it all that much because the guards automatically attack you if they see you. A lot of times I will forget I am wearing it and walk right through town and don't realize it until I am stopped by a guard.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Cure_Vampirism Here is the link for the person with the vampire topic, who should be checking in here soon.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Probably not rushrock...

I have the PC version, and Oscuro's is a trick to begin. Every enemy can lop your head off almost instantly. Deadly Reflex is awesome, because you can actually decapitate and crush the enemies' heads.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Probably not rushrock...

I have the PC version, and Oscuro's is a trick to begin. Every enemy can lop your head off almost instantly. Deadly Reflex is awesome, because you can actually decapitate and crush the enemies' heads.

With OOO I always save before I start Arena matches; and if it's not victory by decapitation I load the save and try again :lol: