99 fletching/cooking

sk1llz0fg0dz

Ok, for some reason I really don't like how people get 99 cooking and fletching only. I mean, the capes are alright and any 99 skill is an accomplishment but think of how many people have 99 cooking and fletching. A LOT. I'm not trying to diss anyone who has these two but in my opinion they're the most not-looked-up to capes. I also wouldnt get 99 cooking cause it just a waste of money...I'm working on 99 wc atm because its good money and I actually like wc. So, yea, thats about it, post your opinion.

Baconxtral.png

I agree with you, but there are plenty of other threads about this, and it's been pretty much discussed to death. Look around the Rants and Debate forum [as well as General], you're bound to find quite a few 99 Cape threads.

My opinion is dont make 50 million threads on the Rants forum. Also, those 2 are the easiest to get 99 in (for most people).

Are you frikkin' kidding me? This thread is his third post ever on this entire board!

Sorry that some members are [wagons] skill, just ignore them.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

roberthree, i totally agree with you, I'm going for 99 wc and its reallly hard to stay focused everday doing the same thing. but, i dunno, its just getting kind of annoying see kinda low levels with fletching and cooking capes, but its still respectable in the sense that it takes a hell of a long time to do.

Baconxtral.png

I agree with you, but there are plenty of other threads about this, and it's been pretty much discussed to death. Look around the Rants and Debate forum [as well as General], you're bound to find quite a few 99 Cape threads.

My opinion is dont make 50 million threads on the Rants forum. Also, those 2 are the easiest to get 99 in (for most people).

Are you frikkin' kidding me? This thread is his third post ever on this entire board!

Sorry that some members are [wagons] skill, just ignore them.

I think he was talking about ranters as a whole, not just this person.

This is how my brain reacts, I have no conscious control over it.

When my brain sees a fletching or cooking cape, it registers it as a counter-accomplishment. My brain doesn't mind if they actually don't wear the cape. But if they do, my brain considers it as someone bragging about 99 cooking, and my brain finds it ridiculous. :P

2480+ total

Don't see how this is a rant. If someone has a skillcape and chooses only to get those skillcapes then that's their choice! People like their capes and if they want to wear them then let them! It's not like their cape is going to have any negitive consequences for you.

99/99 Cooking. 1500+ total level. 96+ Combat

lawlkv8.png

When my brain sees a fletching or cooking cape, it registers it as a counter-accomplishment. My brain doesn't mind if they actually don't wear the cape. But if they do, my brain considers it as someone bragging about 99 cooking, and my brain finds it ridiculous. :P

Or they like having golden shoulder [bleep]es... I love my fletching cape even if it gets me -10 respect points. Its a nice shade of green and the hanging things on the front and shoulder [bleep]es are just neat looking. I know that the cape is meaningless to alot of people but it looks cool, has nice stats, and is easy to replace on death.

I mostly wanted fletching for free obsidian capes and the huge boost to my total. I don't care much about what you think about my cape.

In a few months I'll have a magic and/or hunter cape. I might still wear my fletching cape if I need some yellow or green in my life though.

It's been discussed before but you have a right to hate those capes, they are often sought after just because they are easy.

One thing that's often said (and that I hate) is that "all skillcapes are equal". What a load of crap! That's even insulting the the skills that are actually challenging. Why would all skills be equal? They are all so different. How could you say cooking is the same as farming when it is different in every way?

You know? Getting a skillcape is like getting a girlfriend. You've got the passionate people that pursue the one they really love. You've got the confident ones that go after the hardest ones to get. Finally, you've got the people who go for the easiest one to get just for the sake of saying "well, at least I got one"

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

You know? Getting a skillcape is like getting a girlfriend. You've got the passionate people that pursue the one they really love. You've got the confident ones that go after the hardest ones to get. Finally, you've got the people who go for the easiest one to get just for the sake of saying "well, at least I got one"

And there are some people who want all 25?

Many are those who want all 25, but few are those who actually get 'em 8-) .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I agree that the two skills are easy and not worth bragging about, but what I really HATE is when people look down on you just for getting them. It's like "Why did you even bother"? Because it's a 99, not that it's much of an accomplishment, but anyone who wants all 99s has to get those two.

Although I may be a bit biased....

I'd say that no matter what, a skill cape is a skill cape. It commands respect.

+ You've got to start somewhere with the 99's, don't you? Just to remind yourself during the next time you get into a grindfest getting 99 (Mining, smithing, insert other difficult, costly skill here) that hey...remember when I got 99 cooking and I actually cooked 30k+ sharks? That helps a lot.

ZpFishingSkillChamp.gif

I already know some people wear it because they like the colors. My brain won't act differently though. Besides, you said it yourself, nobody cares what my brain thinks about their cape. And I dont care either. It's not as if this would happen:

OMGZZ Roberthree is wearing a cooking cape, nub nub nub nub nub nub, quick, mob himm!!! *crowd in fury cuts cooking cape in little pieces* *Kills Robert* *mob waits at tomb* Lol :D

2480+ total

Although I may be a bit biased....

I'd say that no matter what, a skill cape is a skill cape. It commands respect.

+ You've got to start somewhere with the 99's, don't you? Just to remind yourself during the next time you get into a grindfest getting 99 (Mining, smithing, insert other difficult, costly skill here) that hey...remember when I got 99 cooking and I actually cooked 30k+ sharks? That helps a lot.

30k sharks is a joke compared to the amount of planks used to get 99 con, or the amount of green d hides needed to get 99 crafting, or the amount of nats needed to be crafted for 99 rc. But you claim that they are all equal? Get real.

30k sharks is nothing compared to crafting close to 2 million nature runes. The difference between those two achievements is the difference between heaven and earth. Don't even think of claiming that they stand on equal ground.

Edit: Well there is one thing there that you've said very well and that's that fletching/cooking skillcapes are great to serve as a starter. I totally agree that fletching OR cooking skillcape is great as a warmup until you move onto other skills. So basically if you're only getting it to warm up then by all means, go for it. The problem is when you get both fletching and cooking it and then you stop there. That's hardly a warm up, it just makes you like just another of the many insecure weak-minded people who all go after the easy skillcapes just for the sake of getting one.

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

gotta be a super pimp to do that in one night

Im so high I belive i can flyrang3_x_2h.png

gotta be a super pimp to do that in one night

Well even Zezima says (and I agree), that in order to achieve a skillcape you have to stick to one skill and do them one at a time. So it's best to stick with 1 relationship at a time \' God this analogy works so well.

BlueSig6.jpg

i totally agree that any skillcape is an accomplishment but, i dont know, I'm just getting 99 wc before I get something a hell of a lot of people have. and I know wc is pretty easy but I like it because its free and pretty good money.

Someone mentioned this earlier- I hear a lot of people when confronted with the question "why did you get only a fletching and cooking cape?" say "a 99 skill is the same as any other" but you can't get more wrong, getting a cooking, and getting a slayer/prayer cape is so different because one could take a month and another could take like 5

Baconxtral.png