.::. Solo Hybrid Dking Guide .::.

Jordanweb

.::. Solo Hybrid Dking Guide .::.

Contents

Section 1: What is Solo Hybriding then?

Section 2: Sounds great, what's in it for me?

Section 3: What are the requirements?

Section 4: What should i take?

Section 5: I'm ready to go, what now?

Section 6: FAQs

Section 1: What is Solo Hybriding then?

Solo hybriding is basically killing prime and supreme at dagannoth kings on your own.

Most people hybrid at dks in teams of 2 or sometimes 3, but from experience i have found it to be easy enough to solo as a hybrid, sometimes getting almost 25 kills in 1 trip.

Before trying solo hybriding i would highly recommend already being an experienced dker(especially as a hybrid) because messing up could easily cause you wasting supplies or worse, death.

One downside is that to solo hybrid you need a mage to be there so rex doesn't cause problems, this is usually no problem though and sometimes mages will even pay you as you can get away with calling solo hybriding suiciding with some supreme and prime kills. To make it better, mages are always looking for suiciders so it shouldn't be too hard to find one.

Section 2: Sounds great, what's in it for me?

As you probably know already, the dagannoth kings are famous for their expensive drops.

There is a high chance that you will leave with at least 1 good drop every trip and more than 1 isn't too rare, even on a dry trip most of your potions and bolts will be paid for by the other drops.

Section 3: What are the requirements?

80+ Attack

80+ Strength

80+ Defence

85+ Ranged

70+ Prayer

80+ Magic (Not needed, but helps defend against spinolyp's magic attacks)

Higher is always better, the most important stats are defence, ranged and prayer in my opinion.

Section 4: What should i wear?

Equipment

equipmentag0.png

This is a good setup to use, anything with similar bonuses to this will be good. It wouldn't be a bad idea to swap out the dragon boots for ranger's boots as well. I strongly recommend not having a lower ranged/magic defence bonus or lower prayer bonus though.

Inventory

inventoryje8.png

10 Super Restore (4)

12 Saradomin Brew (4)

3 Super Anti-poison (4)

House Teleport Tablet

Rune Crossbow

Dragon Dagger P++ or Dragon Halberd

Section 5: I'm ready to go, what now?

Choosing a world

The lowest population world you can get is best, for your first trip i would highly recomend using a world with < 500 players and increasing your population range as you get better, prime spawning while you're killing supreme gives you less than 2 seconds to get protect from magic on, else you risk receiving some 40+ hits and death.

The Method

You start off like you would as if you were suiciding for a mage, let them go in and get rex then you go down with protect magic prayer and piety on and kill supreme with your whip(Using dds/d hally specs first, drop a sara brew temporarily if you don't have enough space to wield hally), using saradomin brews and super restores for healing and never letting your hp go below 60, try not to waste too much time eating though and try to eat only once(with 3 sara brew doses and 1 super restore dose) on the first supreme kill, but completely ignore that advice if your hp drops below 60 as it would only take 2 lucky supreme hits to k0 you.

So, you have killed supreme and now only prime is on you, run to the most north eastern area in the dk lair and switch to your cross bow. You can now start ranging prime, just make sure to never go more than 6 steps south/west from the most north eastern corner to avoid supreme getting on you after he spawns, use longrange attack after supreme has spawned if you need to.

Here is a picture of the prime safespot:

rangedsafespothn4.png

Once prime is dead, immediately start running towards supreme while turning protect from range prayer on and wielding your whip or dds/hally if you have specials, then start killing supreme. If you aren't hitting that often turn on piety and if you think a prime spawn is coming, activate protect from magic and tank supreme's hit. When supreme falls to his death, activate protect from mage and run back over to the prime safe spot and repeat this process till you are out of supplies or need to teleport!

Dealing With Rex

It's best to get your mage to wait till prime dies before finishing off rex, that way there won't be any problems with rex spawning on you while you're killing supreme.

If rex does spawn on you while you are killing supreme, if supreme is almost dead it is best to activate piety and finish off supreme then when he dies, activating protect from mage and luring rex over to the mage then when rex is on the mage, running back to the prime safespot to start killing prime, if he is high hp either run east to get rex on the mage and then sneak around the north of the lair to get back to supreme and finish him off or go up the ladder and wait 10 seconds before coming back down to finish off supreme.

Section 6: FAQs

Could i use a crystal bow instead?

I would really not recomend it as most of the damage you take down there is from the ranger spinolyps while you're killing prime, so it's best to have the most ranged defence you can without sacrificing too much of your ranged attack and prayer bonus, thus the reason why i bring an obsidian shield which has +65 ranged defence.

Would an archer or warrior/berserker ring work well?

Yes, but i like to think wealth ring helps my chance of getting good drops.

Could i use guthans instead?

You could try, but it is my personal opinion that guthans is best for maging while veracs is better for hybriding, especially as a soloer.

Guthans spear wouldn't hit enough on supreme to kill him before prime spawned unless you had very high melee stats or were pietying the whole kill.

Would a godsword work well?

Yes, especially armadyl, saradomin and bandos godswords for their specials.

Yes, I also like to bring a dagger to quickly finish Supreme.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I never been to DK, but why not use pots? I dont see and range potion or a super set in the picture.

Waste of inventory space.

I'm sure bringing more super restores then eagle eying and pietying would be much more effective anyway.

ontopic: i've been looking for a guide to soloing the dk's, the only downside is you need a mage.

You could solo mage yourself, all you would need to somebody to let you in the dungeon.

Or you could try this.

Jordan, if i wanted to solo just rex and prime, can you show me a reasonable outfit and inventory.

My stats are as follows:

Atk 82

Str 77

Def 78

Pray 70

Rng 77

Mage 85

Hits 82

If you could please PM me or post one that would be great :)

After killing supreme, you should add that piety should come off and eagle eye should/should not be used (depending on what you recommend).

Under the dealing with rex section, wouldn't the mage want to hold rex untill you finish supreme? Killing rex when you kill prime would sure allow rex to spawn while you are killing supreme.

Under Faq for the crystal bow, you could add that many people find diamond/rune bolts are better then a crystal bow anyway.

Great guide. There are far to many barrows guides, and not enough dk ones lol. You should include how to solo mage dk as well, and make it the ultimate solo dk guide 8-)

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Wouldn't it better to have prime on mage at entry so hybrid doesn't have to use too much brews considering if supreme is not near prime at entry.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Wouldn't it better to have prime on mage at entry so hybrid doesn't have to use too much brews considering if supreme is not near prime at entry.

It's a nice idea, but prime goes for whoever is closest. the safe spot for rex is to far from prime to keep him on the mage while the hybrid takes out supreme.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png