Reverent what the flippin hell?

Death_Note

I'm doing a quest for a clue..

and I need a dbone..

Oh well, not hard. I'll just walk into the wild and kill a dragon.

so ok, no food, I'll just pray.

Out of nowhere, a revenent attacks me.

105, teleblocks me the first thing I do.

Since I'm brand new back to member, I didn't get a chance to get a gravestone.

Why did jagex put this in? I lost my torso, about 1m worth of stuff. Why?

Because they took out pking?

It's too strong, if it can freeze you, tb you, hit 20s on you.

:\

supportleeroy.jpg

Yea, me and my friend got attacked by 2 up by the mage arena. He died and I had to bless his tome stone.

They hit too hard imo. :-k

Yeah, but noone was their to bless my stuff. -.-

Plus with me laging, I couldn't get there in time.

I liked old pking, cause then I could have prayed, and teled if I had too.

I had glory, duel ring, and fally tele but since the first thing if did was TB I couldn't.

supportleeroy.jpg

The revenants were meant to mimick regular pkers. And although they lack the human intelligence, I think jagex has done a pretty good job.

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

All attributes of revenants.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

The revenants were meant to mimick regular pkers. And although they lack the human intelligence, I think jagex has done a pretty good job.

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

Yes, but I'm walking towards dragons.

It follows me, while I'm trying to fight a dragon.

I would figure, it should be a higher level wild for 105s.

And lower ones, be in 1-20.

supportleeroy.jpg

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

Well generally the lower level ones tend to hang out in the lower levels of the wilderness, and the higher ones tend to hang out near the higher levels. It's just chance that a higher level one wandered into mid level wilderness.

I feel your pain though; I would be mad if I lost 1M of stuff. :(

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

Well generally the lower level ones tend to hang out in the lower levels of the wilderness, and the higher ones tend to hang out near the higher levels. It's just chance that a higher level one wandered into mid level wilderness.

Blah, so I just got unlucky. :uhh:

Well, it's just gps. And torso I can get back.

But Imagine someone walking in there with something more valuable, that would be horrible.

supportleeroy.jpg

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

But Imagine someone walking in there with something more valuable, that would be horrible.

Indeed. I'm always scared for the people who bring some high level armor into the wilderness; such as a dfs or armadyl for KBDing. A group of revanants can come out of nowhere and BAM, you lose millions.

dangsig.png

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

Indeed. I'm always scared for the people who bring some high level armor into the wilderness; such as a dfs or armadyl for KBDing. A group of revanants can come out of nowhere and BAM, you lose millions.

Well maybe if they stayed in a certin spot, but maybe could people lure them into other people?

I was at dragons, with people there while the rev. was right there.

It seems like it could be used for bad.

But thanks for talkin' hope you don't die :XD:

supportleeroy.jpg

Well maybe if they stayed in a certin spot, but maybe could people lure them into other people?

No problem. :)

You can't lure them, they stay in one general area. :|

dangsig.png

No problem. :)

You can't lure them, they stay in one general area. :|

Atleast Jagex, didn't mess up that part.

D:<

supportleeroy.jpg

I've found that the level 74 revenants tend to hang out around 1-20 wilderness, mostly around the green dragons.

It's funny to see the place crowded, everyone complaining about too many people and then BAM; one revenant appears and the whole area is cleared out except for myself and maybe one other person that the revenant won't attack.

It's just like old times watching a pker appear.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

In my opinion, revenants are similar to boss monsters. (Kalphite Queen, King Black Dragon, etc.) They take a lot of effort to defeat and if you solo it, then there is a very high chance that you'll die to it. Most of them deal a damage of over 20+ and will hit through anything. It does mock traditional player-killers though. A good rule of thumb is, NEVER bring in anything that you are not willing to lose in the wilderness. :D

Callahan140.gif

Callahan140.png

They don't really mimick tradition pkers they mimick the the rare elite player killer mage hybrid with infinite food and the ability to walk thrrough walls... Oh wait that didn't exist... Takes skill to surpass the ones you're mimicking, most pkers were just a random nuisance who would throw a few specs at you and then flee if you posed any real threat. Also, I've been around just about every part of the wild, and I've olny been suscesfully teleblocked twice. I'm not sure about failed attempts...

These are definately much worse than average pkers, and whats worse is they dropped one in the agility course. That was just mean...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

Here is some differences:

-Pkers kill *mainly* for profit, revenants kill everyone even though it would be wasting food and runes

-Pkers risk their stuff, revenants don't as they are NPCs

Now there truly is no honor in the wilderness, LOL AT PKERSHONORCODE

but seriously I remember how everyone used to complain about Safers and 1 itemers, now we have ungodly killing machines that can eat like mad and drop next to nothing.

Tally up another rant on revenants. :roll:

With all of these rants, I might need to check it out. (By the way, sorry if I sounded harsh in the first statement, it's just that there's a lot of rants about this.)

Pkers could regularly:

- Freeze

- Teleblock

- Hit high numbers

- Heal

Dont forget they swarm too. Me and some friends found that out fighting one in mid wild. Next thing we know we were surrounded and ran into more comming our way as we ran for our lives.

They are way tougher than 90% of the old pkers but they are scattered and it sort of balances it out. But it IS the wilderness afterall. You have clear warning of the dangers it holds.

+1

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

Pfft, the "no gravestone" was either a stupid lie or you not reading the updates at all. Everyone gets a gravestone.

Err... If you do not buy a stone, you get a wooden sign.

Wood does not equal stone, last time I checked, so I'd call it more of a grave marker than a gravestone. Stop flaming him for lying when he was just talking about losing money and you don't even know him.

lalalasig2.png