31 December 2007 - Unbalanced Trade Reminder

Jordanweb

That means BTS tomorrow and game update on Wednesday! Woot!

Finally, RWT is dead. Now we can move on... :pray:

No BTS tomorrow most likely, Jagex will be taking a day off from their hangovers like myself and many other people around the world :thumbsup:

BTS will probably be 2nd January and followed closely up with the new limit set in place and possibly another update.

Or more logically Jagex will have the day off as new years day is a bank holiday which means no work in uk

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Runescape, January second 2008.

PWNT

Why post something if you aren't contributing to the conversation. If you don't play Runescape anymore why still say something about RIP Runescape. Of course it is dead in your eyes....you don't play anymore.

Witht his update they screwed over the 1 thing a lot of people I know still play for. So yeah, RS died to me.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

PWNT

Why post something if you aren't contributing to the conversation. If you don't play Runescape anymore why still say something about RIP Runescape. Of course it is dead in your eyes....you don't play anymore.

Witht his update they screwed over the 1 thing a lot of people I know still play for. So yeah, RS died to me.

The question I asked though is how are you contributing besides getting a +1 post count, go in rants if you want to talk about runescapes death. This is a thread about an Update going into action, not about how you think a reminder reminded you of why you quit.

That means BTS tomorrow and game update on Wednesday! Woot!

Finally, RWT is dead. Now we can move on... :pray:

No BTS tomorrow most likely, Jagex will be taking a day off from their hangovers like myself and many other people around the world :thumbsup:

BTS will probably be 2nd January and followed closely up with the new limit set in place and possibly another update.

We got BTS January on the 1st in 2007, which has been the trend since August 2006.

Runeman231.png

GESig.gif

The pain:

How many "free iron ores" can a power training miner give away? - (possible fix, unlimited gifting of freshly obtained items).

Runecrafting companies, can they still work - the FFA/FFL style looks to be dead, while the "no ess back" syle can operate to a limited extent on "assist". Jagex recognised the player-chosen worlds for those operations, but appear to have none nothing to mitigate the effect of the update, though maybe not surprising when you look at now many established gameplay aspects were casually tossed aside in the anti-BOT/RMT war.

Smelting companies, forced to opearate at GE value defined rates

Heh, less beggers and another excuse to give them when they ask for free money. :P I'm looking forward to the side effects of the updates as well as the main point. :XD:

Hopefully the update won't JUST be based around increasing due to number of Quest Points either. Maybe number of skills at level 99 will be involved too, or something similar.

I wonder how many people are using sarcasm here.. Oh well, last day to gwd and hope for a drop which team can equally share. :roll:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

PWNT

The question I asked though is how are you contributing besides getting a +1 post count, go in rants if you want to talk about runescapes death. This is a thread about an Update going into action, not about how you think a reminder reminded you of why you quit.

I expressed my opinion about the update moron. Contributing doesn't necessarily mean saying it's an awsome update.

Why this update sucks: It screws over monster hunting, companies, and a bunch of other stuff.

Happy Mr. Wannabe-mod?

Why would I want extra posts anyway :-s .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Ergh all thesekill monster hunting reason are utter BS

Jagex have said they will/are working on a way to split drops via lootshare and/or grand exchange so you get it as MONEY and equally split.

Sure this update is gonna mean monster hunting is pointless for a month or two, but its not being killed off completely as they are working on a way round it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

"expressed my opinion about the update moron. Contributing doesn't necessarily mean saying it's an awsome update.Why this update sucks It screws over monster hunting, companies, and a bunch of other stuff"

hay common no need to call people morons :mrgreen: also i dont think this will runin all of those things beacuse like people have said they are going to fix those things soon anyway. so in the end the good is bigger than the bad side of this change 8-)

racer434.png

Yes im the dude with the shoe

Ok, I have a question. I have already read the KB article and it doesn't say anything about.

How will it work if the two players trading have different limits? Can they only trade to the more limit player or will it be a full 30k limit?

Hmmmm...

Ok, I have a question. I have already read the KB article and it doesn't say anything about.

How will it work if the two players trading have different limits? Can they only trade to the more limit player or will it be a full 30k limit?

Probably the smaller limit to avoid newly created accounts from exploiting it.

Probably the smaller limit to avoid newly created accounts from exploiting it.

Yeah deffo smaller otherwise:

Gold farmer main account does quests has 30k limit

Goldfarmer bots etc trade with them boom 30k limit.

Plus the smaller one makes sense.

So It'll be like I've done all quests and can trade 30k,my new friend has done say 5 quests and can trade 4200.

I'd only be able to give him 4200

Plv6Dz6.jpg

If you go back to the original article about the trade limits, the unbalanced limit is a net loss/gain limit per 15 minutes. People stuck at the minimum can trade for a personal gain OR loss of 3k per 15 minutes. A player with no quest points can only make or lose 3k per quarter hour, regardless of the person with whom they are trading.

Now if that person makes a trade where they make 3k and then makes another trade where they lose 3k within the same minute, they will be back at zero. The knowledge base indicates that this limit will update every minute at a rate of 200 coins per minute. We can assume that a maxed QP player would adjust at 2000 coins per minute.

Either way, every player has their own limit that has nothing to do with the other players limits.

bop_dravian.png

this i what Jagex have posted today:

We would like to remind you about the removal of unbalanced trade, which will happen on the 2nd of January, 2008. Please prepare yourself for this change as you will not be able to make unbalanced trades once the date has passed.

We will be introducing a change on the same day, which will allow you more flexibility when trading. As you may have read in our Future Changes to Recent Updates newspost, this is an increase to the 3,000gp staking/trading limit, based on the number of Quest Points you have.

More details will be given in the Behind the Scenes newspost, and on the day of release.

To read more about unbalanced trades, please visit the Knowledge Base page.

I'd like to highlight the increase to trading/staking limit increase. This sounds all well and fine but as many players have pointed out is that staking 30k isn't a very serious amount of money that many players could easily pay out. The big problem though is how it all works its all good and fine that the limit increases but you will only be able to trade that extra amount with players who have the same quest point level or higher than yours. For example:

player y has 50 quest points and player x has 100 quest points

player x wants to buy an item worth 100k off of player y

now lets say that having 50 quest points allows you to trade up to and below 10k of the items worth and having 100 quest points allows to trade up to and below 20k of the items worth

player x wishes to buy the item for 120k but as player y doesn't have that many quest points he can't sell it for that much so they have to figure out what is player y's trade cap, this it could take a while and be annoying for both players.

Another problem is people with high quest points will want to charge more for their items but as many people have lower quest points its going to be annoying for them (making them frustrated and angry that they have to sell lower for 'noobs') and they'll have to sell at a lower price. If things went badly wrong a divide might be created between people with low quest points and people with high quest points, also this probaly means we won't be seeing much increase in the price of items. Yet again I don't think Jagex has thought these updates through and trading is going to become even more frustrating.

whatcolor_iswhite.jpg

Not only they bother my Player to Player merchanting with only a 3k proffit, but they add a 15 minutes limit :D.

Nice JaGex! Now To make four good trades with a proffit of 12k I must wait a whole hour!

I really want to see what's the f2p's limit with just max 32 qp (Thanks goodness I have 202 qp).

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

Lol..I like the image they put next to the news post.

Jagex has brought the wrath of its mighty moljnir... its graphics team!

OT: Bandos items are gonna crash 12/31-1/2. They already have started - I sold my set 2 days ago and its fallen 3M since.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top