Potions update along with summoning?

War_Junky_91

Hey i just thought of this.

Jagex said summoning is going to be something like prayer where you have to recharge at obelisk (in prayer's case an altar). Dont you think it stands to reason that there will be a summoning potion to restore summoning points just like prayer?

So we could be expecting a new herb, herb seed and potion with summoning.

cool_sig1.jpg

Well since Jagex said that Summoning will integrate heavily into many other skills, a lot of skills may get updates.

*Maybe multiple ores from a single rock.... <3: one can only hope...

Multiple ores =P~ if that happens i would bow to jagex and god :pray:

With the Varrock armour from the achievement diaries you can mine two ores at once

Well since Jagex said that Summoning will integrate heavily into many other skills, a lot of skills may get updates.

*Maybe multiple ores from a single rock.... <3: one can only hope...

Multiple ores =P~ if that happens i would bow to jagex and god :pray:

With the Varrock armour from the achievement diaries you can mine two ores at once

Yes but that has a small chance of happening. Also the diaries can be hard for some to complete.

Jagex said summoning is going to be something like prayer where you have to recharge at obelisk (in prayer's case an altar). Dont you think it stands to reason that there will be a summoning potion to restore summoning points just like prayer?

Show me the quote where it said Summoning will be like Prayer in that respect. The way I understood it was that Summoning and Prayer had the same numbers in the combat formula. :-k

soulthresher.png

I will say yes on this thread just the same as I did on the other one.

However, it just depends on how good of a skill summoning is as to whether or not the 'summoning potions' will add a few levels such as magic potions do now... or whether they will be 15% potion add ons to as they are for attack, strength, defence, range potions etc.

My bet is that they will be more along the lines of magic potions / hunter potions. Afterall, that would be rather lame to see level 70 summoners summoning the lvl 84 and or 85 summoning things. Thats almost like letting people that can kill skeletal wyverns (72 slayer) walk in and have a go at abby demons. Just isnt right.

However, if summoning energy does need to be recharged at altars or whatever like people are thinking they might be, then yes expect prayer potion equivalants for summoning as well.

Show me the quote where it said Summoning will be like Prayer in that respect. The way I understood it was that Summoning and Prayer had the same numbers in the combat formula. :-k

Don't worry, i'm sure that the same portion of that text will pop up again on this thread for you.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

I think this portion of text..but it only says that summoning energy will drain and will need to be recharged -like pray :)

summmm.png

summoning potion would be nice..but this idea was discussed a while ago already...

Also, i tried farming once and my potatoes died, put me off forever.

I hope they add new obelisks...the ones used for making orbs are so hard to get to...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I wonder if they will put a Summon+ on armor/weapons like they have for prayer.

I think summoning is a shure fire thing, summon poopinginsomniac monster, and it will be there 100% without a doubt.

i think thats exactly how it will go, i feel summoning is a magic type deal. so it probably will be a flowing robe armor. summoning might also be a strange new skill, it could have armor specifically designed for its use, and then have insane negatives to all the other classes.

i am thinking that summoning will be more like prayer, in the sense of the whole summoning energy/recharge at altar

which leads me to wonder if jagex will ever release summoning clothing, a counterpart to monk robes or something like that

103rd to 99 farming

i think thats exactly how it will go, i feel summoning is a magic type deal. so it probably will be a flowing robe armor. summoning might also be a strange new skill, it could have armor specifically designed for its use, and then have insane negatives to all the other classes.

I'm not so sure that is will be in its own 'class', and not just assisting the current three. I would like more combat classes though =P~

Wasn't there already a topic about this?

Anyways, ye there are high chances of there being a herblore update along with summoning.

If there was i didnt see it.

that's why there's a search option.

Ot: yeah it would make sense anyway, besides, almost every skill has a boosting potion or a restoring one.

I think this portion of text..but it only says that summoning energy will drain and will need to be recharged -like pray :)

summmm.png

summoning potion would be nice..but this idea was discussed a while ago already...

Thank you for that. These obelisks will have to be throughout Gilenor(Sp?) so they should be easily accessible, like Prayer altars. However, all of this speculation isn't needed in my opinion. It is going to be released tomorrow (I believe) or next week. The quest for it will explain all that is needed to know about it.

soulthresher.png

summmm.png

Thank you for that. These obelisks will have to be throughout Gilenor(Sp?) so they should be easily accessible, like Prayer altars. However, all of this speculation isn't needed in my opinion. It is going to be released tomorrow (I believe) or next week. The quest for it will explain all that is needed to know about it.

It'll be at the end of the month. All skills are released near the end of the month

MarkNoZeros.png

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.

Maybe they will dust off thieving and update that <3:

well, it has gotten some nice updates within the last year? the drink minigame and pp arent bad.

i wish it was better then it is. seriously, theiving is something thats not really all that great, sure heres a few coins blah blah blah. but other then a possible convenience on a trip to metal dragons its not a big deal.