A psychological decision

Lionheart_0

Here's something I'd like to add.

What about a Door C?

If you choose door C, the other two lock.

Inside the Room, you will be given anything electronic. (And food, of course)

However, the electronic items cannot be telephones, computers with internet connections, or anything else that links to current world events. They may, however, be non internet video games, electric musical instruments, microphones, or anything else that does not reveal what is happening on the outside. You cannot also ask for things usable for suicide. Similar to room B, you can also ask for Non-Electric items.

You also have NO clone.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choice A.

Why?

I'd request a backpack filled with a month of supplies, 2 AK-47s with plenty of ammo, 2 silenced 9mms with plenty of ammo, 2 stealth suits, a seldgehammer, pliers, electrical tape, a book on the electronics of the door, plans for the facility, electronics on the enterence of the first room, body armour, a map, and a compass.

We are allowed to try escape, so first I bust the wall to show the electronics for the door, and use said book to find the right way to rewire it so it opens. Using the clone to distract the scientists.

When I am out of room A, I'd search for how they got me in the damn room in the first place.

Out of the starting room, I sneak through the facility with the clone, resorting to disabling all who get in mine, and the clone's way, if needed that is. If all else fails I have the AKs to fall back on. I will, of course, destroy all records of my being there. Which also means I will have to kill everyone there.

Outside the facility, I find my way back to society, living off the land until I reach a city, where I destroy the guns, can't have the evidence, and order the clone to destroy itself, completely destroying all proof I was ever there.

Well, you have to find a way around the rules, and it works.

They'll only give you an item if the decide that you can't kill yourself with it. Though I'm sure they'd give you pencils and stuff like that even though you can attempt suicide with it, I think you'd be hard pressed to achieve a gun. Obtaining a gun in room A would defeat the purpose of having a room B in the first place.

I would choose door B, but ignore the gun and bullet. Seeing as how there was no mention of a room behind door B, I would assume that behind door B is the world. If it appears that I was wrong, there is the gun and bullet, because I could not live for twenty years like in room A, and I dont believe anyone could. You need human contact to survive, and a zombie is no human.

EDIT: Now that I think it through, I would choose door A. Then, I would ask for all components in a non-electrical form to build the following:

A computer

A generator

A filter that removes 100% of all emmisions from the generator, unless the room is well-ventilated

The world's most powerful wireless internet receiver

Then, I would ask for any books I would need to build a computer, generator, a filter that removes 100% of the emmisions from the generator from non-electrical components and the world's most powerful wireless internet receiver (Actually, I would ask for this first, so that I would know what components I need).

Then, with my book and components, I would begin to build my computer and everything else. Then, I would have my human contact, and a way of which to plot my world domination and revenge on the scientists :twisted: . Also, I would probably become a hacker, so that I could then hack into the scientists security systems and get them to release me, once I was done plotting \' .

But really, the first thing I would ask for would be freedom.

Essentially, if I am not granted freedom, the scientists are dead and the world is mine, so granting me freedom is kind of a win-win situation, wouldn't you think :XD:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Blah, Blah, Blah

You can also request as many inanimate, NON-ELECTRONIC objects to be brought to you as you want, as long as there is judged to be no way that you could use the item to kill yourself or escape. If you do attempt to kill yourself, you will be sedated and returned to your room, with the items you used permanently removed. (Remember that you can ask to have all the essentials brought to you whenever you want; a bed, meals, drink etc). You will be force-fed if you choose to starve yourself.

You arent allowed to try to escape.

There is no mention that you aren't allowed to TRY to escape, you just aren't allowed to be given items that are likely to be used in an escape.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

It's experience.

Everyone, all your talk has reminded me of those escape type games (Like the crimson room).

I'm not sure how many of you have tried it but this flash game is somewhat of the same thing to this experiment (Although there is no way to commit suicide).

http://www.albartus.com/motas/

It's an interesting game and does require some thought. It isnt too hard (There is only one level I need a walkthrough because I am too lazy to spend half an hour to figure it out). I let a class of grade 5 and 6's play it last year, and even they could get through large parts of it (They were in groups though).

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

A. Tell the robot to knock a hole in the wall and run the hell away.

You're not allowed to.

Seriously, saying things like "omg ill just open door b and shoot the bastard" is pointless. That's not the decision. It's supposed to be a hard decision, please don't make stupid suggestions like that. Either be trapped for 20 years, or die. Simple.

There is no mention that you aren't allowed to TRY to escape, you just aren't allowed to be given items that are likely to be used in an escape.

I'd request a backpack filled with a month of supplies, 2 AK-47s with plenty of ammo, 2 silenced 9mms with plenty of ammo, 2 stealth suits, a seldgehammer, pliers, electrical tape, a book on the electronics of the door, plans for the facility, electronics on the enterence of the first room, body armour, a map, and a compass.

...ya.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I would choose A. Since it would be too boring not speaking (the utterance of intelligible speech) to anyone/anything I would request a J.R.R. Tolkien clone and have him teach me the unintelligible language of elven.

Has anyone seen Cast Away? In the movie Tom Hanks was gone like 5 years but he lost everything. I could never imagine coming back and having the woman I planned to marry, married to someone else.

Cast Away is probably the saddest movie I've ever seen.

untitledyt6.jpg

You're not allowed to.

Seriously, saying things like "omg ill just open door b and shoot the bastard" is pointless. That's not the decision. It's supposed to be a hard decision, please don't make stupid suggestions like that. Either be trapped for 20 years, or die. Simple.

That's really annoying.

People think they are "Cool" because they think they can get a weapon, and simply shoot everyone. They don't even consider the odds or possible faults.

First of all, how would you escape? People just say, "They'll escape". A place like that would probably be maximum security.

How would you get a weapon? They won't let you just go into their armory and "borrow" one.

How would you defeat the guards? They're likely trained professionals while you are a occasional firearm user, if at all.

Guys^, it's just messing around. Calm down.

Although, I would have to side with you in that every joking answer should at least be paired with one's serious one. Just making a sophmoric joke and not properly playing the game is no fun :| .

Another thing.

If you got, say, a golfball, couldn't you lodge it in your throat and suffocate yourself? What about holding your breath in for too long?

You could also order lots of greasy, fatty, foods to give yourself a heart attack.

Another thing.

If you got, say, a golfball, couldn't you lodge it in your throat and suffocate yourself? What about holding your breath in for too long?

With the golf ball thing, you will be sedated and have the golf ball removed.

As for holding your breath, Lay down on a bed and attempt to do that. You wont die, just go to sleep.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I have very little difficulty with solitude... though I would have serious misgivings about experiencing the next 20 years of my life alone for practical purposes. I would especially hate the idea of not getting to see my beloved fiance. However I am sure that there would be enough to keep my mind occupied...

The one thing I wonder, if both doors are permanently locked when you press both buttons is that the same as saying "I refuse to play your game?" consiquentially the scientists allowing you to leave peacefully or would it just mean a slow and annoying death from starvation? If it is the first then I would quite happilly press both buttons, but if the second I do believe that I have some obligation to preserve my life at least to the extent that the experiment allows so I would have to settle for door a.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

Another thing.

With the golf ball thing, you will be sedated and have the golf ball removed.

As for holding your breath, Lay down on a bead and attempt to do that. You wont die, just go to sleep.

I dont believe you... im gonna try...

Tk5SF.png

Another thing.

You could also order lots of greasy, fatty, foods to give yourself a heart attack.

If you were suffocating, they would come in and save you almost instantly. You can't hold your breath and die because you would pass out and start breathing again. As for greasy foods, the scientists would take you off of that diet the second they get the chance. The situation is supposed to set in stone so any loopholes you people find won't exist. You can't just escape or take the gun and bullet from room B and go kill some people. It's either 20 years with no electronics or a swift suicide. A or B. The only in between is locking both doors.

After several minutes if thinking, i'd choose A. It would give me great insight into making my book as I'd have the heroes called xD

Nope, it would be just awesome for me as an author.

I cant think of killing myself before i finish those.

On the more rational side of the problem, I'd choose A anyway.

Yeah, A.

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

I would choose A. Since it would be too boring not speaking (the utterance of intelligible speech) to anyone/anything I would request a J.R.R. Tolkien clone and have him teach me the unintelligible language of elven.

Tolkien is a she.

Can we have sex with the clone in the starting room so the scientists can't watch?

O_M_G_Guasto.png

I guess another thing is, if you choose door A, you can ask for the personal information of all the scientists involved. So when you do finally get out, and you're a tank from all the working out you did in the room, you can kill the bastards.

Tolkien is a she.

No he wasn't.. :?

Cool.

Tolkien is a she.

Can we have sex with the clone in the starting room so the scientists can't watch?

You;re thinking of J.K. Rowling, I think.

And just ask for a shower curtain or very large box, they won't be able to see you.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Tolkien is a she.

:lol:

Don't care if I'm the third person to respond, that post's still funny.

You're not allowed to.

For some reason there are always people who say stuff like this when given scenarios. I don't know why they can't just "play the game" like everyone else.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

...ya.

Right now, I essentailly consider anyone asking for guns, knives, etc. to be idiots. It clearly says you are not allowed any items that are perceived to aid in suicide, etc, so asking for tools you obviously have no use for and other things that seem illogical will be denied. Thus, the only way to escape is to either wait out the experiment, or trick the scientists into letting you get the tools. By the way, it is essentially impossible to get a gun, unless you chose door B.

It's experience.

Tolkien is a she.

I'm going to be the fourth person to respond to this. It's that funny.

p2gq.jpg

Room A: Request a lockpicker clone, then IN A SEPARATE REQUEST, request all the tools (s)he needs to crack the lock. Then have the clone crack Room As lock, go into the main room, have him crack Room Bs lock. Then, take the gun and bullet. Shoot the camera in Room A, and hide the gun. Then request ammunition (Since ammunition ALONE can't be used to kill/escape).Request a billion dollars in a check. Request an extremely heavy item (A steel girder), and request Superman. Have Superman X-ray ALL walls in Room A, B, and the main room, to determine which wall is the thinnest. Then have Superman throw the steel girder at the thinnest wall. Be sure to take the billion dollar check and the gun. Hold up the scientists at gunpoint, and force them to let you go.

There you have it! You leave one billion dollars richer, and it only took a few minutes. Plus you got to meet Superman!