Do we still need bankpins?

wildy58

Short answer: Bank pins should not be removed. They are used by many players.

Long:

Bank pins are an optional, extra secruity that players can add to their accounts as they see fit.

Many people still do use bank pins and they work. No one can access the bank account without the pin. This is why Jagex will probably never remove them.

Also many people enjoy (don't ask me why) hacking into accounts and getting the account banned. A bank pin will not pervent this from happening, but at least your items are safe if Jagex unlocks your account via ban appeal.

But like I said, the pins are optional and are used by those who like a little more security on their account. If you don't want to use it, you are not oblidged to, therefore it isn't necessary to remove them, and it isn't one of Jagex's goals...

~The Cow

1.png
generic_signature.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you wants your account back; 14 days to use recoverys?

They can still sell it before 14 days claiming its their own

actually 1 day to use recoverys. If you go onto recover a lost account, and say that someone else know your recovery Q's and you get everything right, then you can change them and it will take one day to come into effect. Been done to me, ( lost about 1mil to hacker..... :evil: ). Pc was down for 2 days, hacker changed it, and i lost my account until, many months later attempting to get it back from jagex.

Edit:I forget about the topic. We need bank pins b/c there is a delay limit on them, and then in the real world hakcers, can be patient for the pin to deactivate, and then they can keep the account, have a drop party, or whatever they want to do with it.

If that happened, you fail at keeping your recoveries secret or impossible to work out. Use proper recovery questions which only you know!

Back on topic: why is there still a debate on this? Bank PINs have a massive purpose because hackers will drop your stuff if they realise they can't trade it! I can't see the argument against this.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I believe they should keep bank pins intact. People don't always hack for profit, sometimes they hack and drop all the items on the ground, for pure fun, then give the account back... especially for someone they dislike. Probably the joy of seeing the look on their faces of an empty bank.

Other times they hack the account, log in on a seperate computer simotaneously, send both accounts to the party room, and transfer 90k at a time.

So if you don't want a Pin, of course you dont need to have one, but they should leave it in for those who want.

copyofsunny2hy0tp7.jpg

This_Evening.png

Well it couldn't hurt could it? Given that if a hacker got your account, and changed the pass, without the bank pin they have everything. They could sell your account, and without a pin, need no more time trying to get full access to it.

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

I can't believe this topic is going on still.

Way to beat a dead horse, guys!

That's what happens when limdogs goes grave digging :D

What can I say? I like to check my threads for responses. I think one guy is on to something. A guy could hack someone, invite his clan to got to bh or party room with him and its a good chance they would get some stuff that way. Wouldnt be enough to get me to take my pin back tho.

limdog.png

I like it and I use it, have 'em on all my accounts, because you never know.

You may say, "ahh who carez i dont care if i getz hacked cause i wont cause i teh ubarester" Then the day you get hacked you'll be in tears crying over the keyborad about it when you banks cleared out.

A guy could hack someone, invite his clan to got to bh or party room with him and its a good chance they would get some stuff that way. Wouldnt be enough to get me to take my pin back tho.

Not with only 2 bh worlds and bankers that won't shut up :-w

~2200th post