firemaking cape, would it be worth it?

steel9999999

If you like the cape and training it then yes.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

Firemaking is probably the least useful skill in the game, go for cooking.

but firemaking is only 1.4 mil instead of 21 mil.

Poopuidiot.gif

proud owner of a crystal bow 1/7/07 :)

my sig hates me, I cant get it to work :(

Firemaking is probably the least useful skill in the game, go for cooking.

but firemaking is only 1.4 mil instead of 21 mil.

If you want it just to say "I have a 99", then go for firemaking. The people Here are however suggesting that Firemaking has no purpose unless you enjoy being able to burn a mage log, not exactly exciting.

Cook might cost more but atleast its beneficial, while Firemaking isn't much of anything.

However if you like the skill and the 99 skillcape go for it, because all that matters is what makes you HAPPY.

However if it was me I'd suggest the same as everyone else has so far, go for cooking instead.

Fusionxx.png

85 has it's purpose in making pyre ships (with magic log) for Barbarian Chewed Bones.

and 80 for pyring Magic Logs for Shade Cremating.

But otherwise theres no reason to get abovet hose, so 99 seems kind of pointless.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

To be honest, people would givee you more respect (if thats what you want), if you had a Firemaking Cape, rather than a Cooking Cape, for 2 reasons:-

-I see atleast 20-30 cooking capes within an hour of playign Runescape at Draynor

-Firemaking is very boring, and i only see 1-2 within an hour, and people would respect your effort of getting 99 in firemaking.

To be honest, 99 Cooking i feel is the worst 99 cape due to everyone having it almost. I ask any random guy like, how many 99's you got? Half the time,. the answer is 2 - Fletching and Cooking.

If you want respect, and to use less money, and if you simply enjoy the skill, go for Firemaking. I would also personally go for firemaking. But if you feel differently, look at your skills and pick a skill you enjoy and know you can achieve 99 in a small ammount of sum.

3916.png

3917.png

The firemaking 99 is absolutely useless. However it is going to become much more common. I have been training firemaking alot since the GE started. I would probabbly go for cooking and leave firemaking as a secondary skill to be used while waiting for exchange updates.

hey dude, it's not what other people think that counts, it's what you think, if you think "yeah, i like firemaking and I think it's worth it" then go for it, after all, it's only a game

Your Friendly Neighbour Hood Archive <3

archive.png

It depends on how you value your in-game money. If you cherish it, then perhaps you should train something that would allow you to make money somewhat back. Training magic, crafting, herblore, slayer (I know you can't just buy), or something besides cooking or firemaking.

If you don't care much for your cash and just want a 99 then by all means burn some wood.

felter_laur.png

85 has it's purpose in making pyre ships (with magic log) for Barbarian Chewed Bones.

and 80 for pyring Magic Logs for Shade Cremating.

But otherwise theres no reason to get abovet hose, so 99 seems kind of pointless.

There's one reasson to get it higher: at 90fm, you can use a magic log in the furnace of the new quest. (not much use)

Well if you don't mind spending a little more time: ashes are worth more than willow logs nowadays so you could pick them up after the fires went out to make a profit on your way to 99 firemaking 8-)

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -