~~Ranging Barrows!~~

BabyPunchers

Hello! Welcome to Ranging Barrows- The right way!

As I was going for 99 ranged using Chinchompas I ,of course, needed to make money. I chose barrows as I was most familiar with it. But there was a problem, I wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t getting any range exp and every bit helped. I searched around tip it to find any range barrows guide but couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t find anything except for one very outdated and very inefficient guide. But what I did see was that they used Diamond (e) bolts. That was all I needed and I adapted and changed the rest of the guide to make it efficient. This is what I came up with so long ago.

Requirements:

80 Range

70+ Defense

Basic Barrows knowledge (how to get there, ect)

43 Prayer (higher recommended)

50+ Construction(for Alter and Canafis portal)

Now the equipment and the ideal inventory:

6l8lrbq.jpg

(Replace Vial with 4 Dose Range pot)

Head: Robin Hood Hat>Archer Helmet>Neitznot>Any Helmet

Amulet: Glory>Accuracy>Any Amulet

Cape: AvaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Accumulator> Trimmed 99 Cape>99 Cape>Any Cape(I only use my Range Cape because IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m madly in love with it <3: )

Ammo: Diamond (E) Bolts

Weapon: Rune CÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Bow

Shield: If youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re using Neitz, use a Zamorak Book here. If you use Robin or Archer Helm, use a Rune/Obby Shield.

Gloves: Barrows Gloves>Black D hide Vambs(IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m the noob lv103 that hates quests so vambs for me)

Legs: Verac Skirt>Torag Legs>Any Barrows Legs

Boots: Dragon Boots>Rune Boots>Any Boots

Ring: Ring Of Life> Any Ring.

The order you kill these is a bit different but easy to get used to.

First is Dharok as usual. Sip your Range pot before you go in the tomb and equip your dragonhide legs as youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re praying so defense doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t matter. Kill Dharok using youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re diamond bolts and exit the tomb.

86hzq15.jpg

Next is Karil as no matter what Karil is a formidable foe. If your prayer is below 15 or so, equip youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re select Barrows legs, if not keep your dragonhide legs on. Now hereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s where it gets tricky. First, dds then use your secondary bolts( or bone x bow and bolts as recommended) and pray range against him.

[pic coming soon]

After heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s done your pray is usually completely gone. Since you have a lack of a decent defense body, weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re skipping Ahrim and his defense lowering spells for now.

Head on over to Guthan, equip your barrows legs and Diamond E bolts if you havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t already done so and dig down into GuthanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s tomb. HeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s pretty easy even without prayer. Just keep an eye on your health and eat when needed.

87m0m5c.jpg

Then go over to Verac, dig down and be careful. HeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s one of the hardest as he has decent defense against your range and a good attack unlike Guthan and Torag. But as always, keep an eye on your health and eat when needed. Be very carefulÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ >.>

85vz8dw.jpg

After Verac is the little brother of barrows. The one every other barrows brother picks on and throw rocks at, Torag of course. This is a moderately annoying fight because of his insane range defense. Basically, pray for your spec to hit and hope for the best.

8g7qlo5.jpg

Last is Ahrim, the mage. Equip your d hide and dds(as itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll be a bit charged) unload your specs then equip your secondary bolts and rip right through him. This fightÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a breeze although he does get a few lucky shots in sometimes.

ahrangeih2.png

Next, go to brother who you have for your tunnel and equip Barrows legs for the defense. If you have Guthan, Torag, Verac, or Ahrim go to your door and kill them at the chest. Now if you have Dh or Karil it gets a bit trickier.

If you have Dh, try to spawn him in a safespot and equip your d hide legs as your not getting hit and destroy him.

31ondhrx7.png

Forgot to put d hide on but oh well =/

If you have Karil, thereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s really no good choice but to eat quick or drink that p pot. If you drink the pot, remember, dds specs then secondary bolts.

Go to your chest , get your kill count with your secondary bolts (I get 12) and open the chest. Then teleport out with youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re home tab. Then recharge your pray, go through the portal to Canafis and repeat.

Using this way I had gotten around 200k-300k range exp, which was a pretty nice chunk of exp. Good luck with range barrowing and have fun!

rangeqy1.pngrangepicin5.png

Now, that you're trapped in this thread, please post and rate /10 :D

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

lol good job =D> I use a tank ranger set up, switching out rune and d hide legs a and a granite shield and rune full helm. I brign a secondary melee weapon which i use for killign karil and getting kc.

That can be done too, and i've done that a few times. But the main thing is getting Range Exp while barrowing, which is why i get my kc and kill Karil with secondary bolts. That and Karil has suprisingly low range def. :wink:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Thanks for the guide - I tried it out today, and it worked remarkably well. Though the bolts won't be regained at the chests, all the minds and deaths are profit and I've found that particularly appealing.

Although, I would recommend a whip/dragon scimitar for the tunnels. Other than that, good job =D> .

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png

fine! ill post!

and ill rate!

10/10 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :!: :!:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Well I guess your guide is taken from a Range exp>speed efficiency way of barrowing

Great guide, but there are ways of improving it :thumbsup:

lets start:

1) Maybe another bow for kc, mage short probably

2) Try killing ahrim first? it seems that he owned u pretty hard there lol

3) KC 12 or above is recommend, not just 12... just be sure u get 12 or else its less runez for j00. *NOTE* KC does not help the chances of getting an item but just gives u more runes.

4) SUP def pots suggestions?

5)ROL is pretty useless, get a 4min tombstone and just run back and get ur stuff back... most of the time if u die ppl bless ur graves for u. (don't hope for this at night)

6)More details plz, ur forgetting there are some safespots in the rooms adjacent of chests (YES THEY ARE THERE)

=D> OVERALL great guide for tank rangers that want to barrow with range rather then magic, which takes a lot of profit out of each load.

<.< I still prefer Veracing since it gives str exp and i always have to wait for u by chest :XD:

Right...

It's better to use a helm instead of a robin and to use chaps instead of armored legs. I use my zammy book in there too, so I end up going with:

Rune full helm

Fury

D'hide top

D'hide chaps

Rune c'bow

Diamond (e) bolts

Zammy book

Barrows gloves

Ranger boots

Archer ring

Accumulator

I'm only 45 def and 96 range and I can make it through an entire trip with a few lobs left over - you really don't need to prioritize your defence very much, just your range attack bonus

Because of the gravestone update, if you buy a 4-5 minute gravestone, you'll have plenty of time to make it back to the barrows assuming you've done the quests and have the requirements to teleport to canifis and use the shortcuts etc... this way you can use the optimum gear there

77yLQy8.png

I have never tried ranging barrows, and while you have a good strategy I disagree with your choice of armor. I would use:

Head: Verac's Helmet

Amulet: Fury

Cape: AvaÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Accumulator

Ammo: Diamond (E) Bolts

Weapon: Rune CÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ Bow

Body: Black D'hide Body

Shield: Dragon Square (can't afford dfs :oops: )

Gloves: Barrows Gloves

Legs: Black D'hide Chaps

Boots: Ranger Boots

Ring: Ring Of Life

This has an extra 30 or so Range attack with 10 or so less melee defence, but 10 more range and mage defence. With 5 minutes I think I could easily get back to retrieve my stuff, even in the tunnels.

200k - 300k raning exp...per trip? Or from all the trips you've done?

300,000/4 = 75,000. I don't think he would have done 75k damage per trip..

Anyway, I tried this and it worked really slow tbh :? Before you say it's my stats, I'm 87 range and my 83 mage kills the brother much faster then diamond bolts. I'll often only have just enough prayer left to finish karil or perhaps a second's burst of prayer on verac yet normally using just slayer dart I can take out Dharok, Karil, Ahrim and get a burst of prayer on verac without taking a prayer pot. A good idea, the best way to range barrows if you're going to but still far from being up there with slayer dart method.

Bolts are pretty costly aswell so the all rune are profit factor isn't as great as it may seem.

As per improving the guide, as other people have said bringing a whip or a scim can speeden up your trips and give you more profit from them. dds still works, but time is money and I can't remember the last time I had to use my entire invent of food for a trip so you may aswell.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

i might give this a shot once i get 50 con and maybe you could have this set up

head: v helm

cape: ava's accumulator

ammo: diamond (e)

ammy: glory (for poor people) fury (for rich)

chest: Karil or Black dh

legs: v skirt

shied: zammy book

gloves: barrows or vambs

boots: ranger maybe?

ring: life or archer?

weapon: rune c'bow

reyreyt619.png

Nice guide. I did a run with void (and tank gear as backup) and with 87 range I hit 35s+ on dharok. I wouldn't reccomend it though, lots of 0's.

Couple of comments, Veracs>torags, and I took a def pot too :wink:

Link for vid of the run if you're interested - http://media.putfile.com/Barrows-run-with-Range-only

Pretty nice! Plenty of pictures, quite detailed in the strategy.

But I would like to see some stats for it. Y'know, average gp amount lost per trip, how long it takes, all that jazz.

I'd give it a 7.9/10. :)