Regrets and life...

rushrock

I was going to make a topic about this a few days ago. :uhh:

(I decided against it)

I suppose if I look at it a certain way, I could regret everything I've done. But mainly arguing with my parents, doing *certain* things and getting in trouble, and not joining math team in 6th grade. I've also made plenty of choices that I regret.

I don't regret RuneScape, it was what got me into gaming, which I really enjoy. It was also what got me registered for TIF, and yeah...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not learning and getting into music at an earlier age is one of mine, sure there are probably loads more (don't wanna think too much about them :shock: ) but not learning music at an earlier age is definatly one of my biggest regrets, had loads of good time's with people/at places i've met through playing/going to concerts etc.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Well. Many things.

Ive been so depressed lately, and I regret ever doing that gap.. Broke my arm, my foot, and tore like my entire wenis (excess elbow skin for all you pervs -.-) skin off :(

Man, that sounds bad, can you not straighten you elbow now then?

I want to ride that!!!

That's what she said yesterday :P

I've got a whole hell of a lot of regrets. The regrets in my life I'd like to change are those where I hurt other people. I wouldn't change the ones where I hurt myself...those are learnng experiences and definitely make me who I am (I guess the others do too, but I'd rather take those back if I could).

Life would have been better if they had real flying monkeys. And I regret nothing.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Life is bizarre. Sometimes I feel like I'm going insane when I try to comprehend the concept of life, you know, the concept of us all being here. This whole insane concept of is and what is happening. Sometimes I'll space out and get nervous in class solely because of the fact that there are other human beings near me, living life. More life journeys that can do anything. I don't know, sometimes it's weird.

I know exactly what you're talking about :wall:

I have had that myself >.<

It's acutally sad he doesn't have a job or go to school lol, ah well, hope the sacrafice was worth it, congratz :?.

^lol

Life is bizarre. Sometimes I feel like I'm going insane when I try to comprehend the concept of life, you know, the concept of us all being here. This whole insane concept of is and what is happening. Sometimes I'll space out and get nervous in class solely because of the fact that there are other human beings near me, living life. More life journeys that can do anything. I don't know, sometimes it's weird.

Really? I thought I was crazy. :P

The only real regrets that I have are that I wish I would have played sports when I was younger. I hated sports throughout grade school and the only reason I played sports was my parents. I started playing football and baseball my 8th grade year and my freshman year I made varsity baseball and jv football. I was good but if I would have practiced when I was younger I might be going pro in a couple years.

111-1.jpg

Not learning and getting into music at an earlier age is one of mine, sure there are probably loads more (don't wanna think too much about them :shock: ) but not learning music at an earlier age is definatly one of my biggest regrets, had loads of good time's with people/at places i've met through playing/going to concerts etc.
Not a huge regret, but I agree on that one. I wish I had learned to play the guitar when I was much younger.

16 just seems like an awkward age to start. I'll learn after I get done with school though.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

No regrets per se... If my life didn't happen the way it did, it wouldn't be the way it is now, and I'm completely content. I do wish I could have been this content in my life when I was younger, and maybe a bit more confident and as aware of my thoughts as I am now. Along with that, I kind of wish I stuck with learning a musical instrument and a foreign language or two when my mind was young and learning those things would have been easier. Not much we can do about regrets other than mull over them and get sad, so not much use in having any at all.

peterstretchfn5.gif

me too =D>

It's acutally sad he doesn't have a job or go to school lol, ah well, hope the sacrafice was worth it, congratz :?.

^lol

me too =D>

+1 , i do the same thing

cool_sig1.jpg

I extremely hate dwelling on regret, instead I just use my past as a reference so I can avoid making the same mistake later on in life, if there is anything I need to regret I try to think of it as a good thing because having something to regret means that you will have less to regret later on if you learn from your mistakes, anyway thats my perspective

kirby-sig.gif

Sure, there are always regrets. But dwelling on them makes you miss out on life. And life has so much to offer that that would be really silly. Plus, it's plain boring narcissism, if you ask me.

My biggest regret would be exactly that: thinking too much of the past and the what-could-have-beens. And worse, regretting the times when I manipulated myself into believing make beliefs. No worse treachery than self treachery.

All I know is that I would have done a lot of things differently if I had known the outcome of my life in advance. Then again I try not to focus on what my life could've been. Though I can't escape the feeling that I'm not actually living the life I wanted but rather the life I ended up with. The problem with regretting and redoing your life is that you'll never know if you're life would've been better or worse if you did things differently.

If I put thing into perspective I'll end up with a different view. As I believe I will have eternal life in heaven, my life on earth is a short span of time and not as significant. Therefore the important thing or what actually defines my life as good or bad would be whether I believe in God or not. And if a more successful or ideal life would mean less need of God, I would definitely choose my current life over it.

untitledyw7.png