How do we do this?

No_99_Melee

Well I was thinking what would happen if a new weapon would come out? The first person to sell it would have to sell it for a max of 30k wouldnt they? No one would want to sell a new awesome weapon for 30k? And since the GE is run based on market prices there would be no basis to control the price of that new weapon. So how does this work?

1288581197250-1.jpg

i think somewere Jaagex posted that they would have no price set on new items untill a few weeks when they had seen the price stabilize, then set the price at what it stabilises at.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Somewhere, Jagex said they'd leave the prices of new items to the players. Or at least give it some more freedom. Can't remember exactly what it was. Anyway, they won't be using the "normal" way.

And not really on topic: I think we've had it with weapons and armour for some time. I can't really see ways to introduce even better gear without neglecting the previous sets. Rune is already so useless for members. Dragon now too.

I think it's time to focus on fixing some old stuff. There are *plenty* of things that need a fix

i think somewere Jaagex posted that they would have no price set on new items untill a few weeks when they had seen the price stabilize, then set the price at what it stabilises at.

Ahh so people can post what they want the new item for before it comes out and when it does no one can be lucky and sell it for a ridiculous price.

1288581197250-1.jpg

Jagex already said they would waiver the 5% on new items until they stabilize, not to mention the players prices are based on the GE prices, so you can basically sell the new item for however much you want in GE. OF course, no one knows for real how the trading will take place, just that new items will not have a set price when they come out.

GE prices are based on player prices, and the trading prices are based on the GE, so new item prices are going to jump around like crazy. Just goes to show Jagex wants all trades through the GE from now on. So no, the first item would not be sold for 30k as the 30k limit is only for 30k +/- the GE price, so i think it would be sell able for any amount.

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Yeah, this is what they said.

It'll be interesting to see how it unfolds though.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

Sell for any amount? RWTs would just get the new item and sell it to thier customer for 1 gp...Customer sells later for his gold. Not a good idea <.<

Are you kidding me? It sounds like you have no idea how the RS economy/rwt works.. In one day a new item could shift more than 50mil worth or more, what kind of rwt would be able to get the item on the first day, and be willing to lose 50M+ worth, or the buyer willing to lose that much.. think a little?

Ahh so people can post what they want the new item for before it comes out and when it does no one can be lucky and sell it for a ridiculous price.

No...there just won't be a restriction on the price of the item for the first couple weeks it's out. So, like before there ever was a restriction, the players selling and buying are going to be the deciding factor in what the price is. Then after so many weeks when the price is pretty much the same everywhere, the price will be set and held by the restrictions.

Sell for any amount? RWTs would just get the new item and sell it to thier customer for 1 gp...Customer sells later for his gold. Not a good idea <.<

Are you kidding me? It sounds like you have no idea how the RS economy/rwt works.. In one day a new item could shift more than 50mil worth or more, what kind of rwt would be able to get the item on the first day, and be willing to lose 50M+ worth, or the buyer willing to lose that much.. think a little?

First of all don't be so angry :ohnoes:

2nd of all....people would risk it just to make some cash (GP and real world)

1288581197250-1.jpg

Yeah somewhere about GE

it said new items would have no market value and therefore no 5% limits.

Then after a few weeks they'd put in the market value and limits on it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

About bloody time we abolished the practice of selling new items for ungodly prices.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

jagex says many things, btu does differently or in a twisted fashion.

look at the duelling update; Oh whooppeee duelling tournaments...

Nice twist...

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Yeah somewhere about GE

see, thats a problem, i believe they said the 5% lifted and expanded. however the idea behind no market value i think means jagex will come up with a theoretical value and perhaps allow for it to change VERY quickly with the GE's prices. for example, instead of daily, bi-daily price updates it might get hourly updates on its price. and the value may extend to 50% +/-

just a thought, but thats how i think jagex might implement it.

people should be cautious of new items because of this. and checkout how the GE handles it and such on the first day.

Yeah somewhere about GE

see, thats a problem, i believe they said the 5% lifted and expanded. however the idea behind no market value i think means jagex will come up with a theoretical value and perhaps allow for it to change VERY quickly with the GE's prices. for example, instead of daily, bi-daily price updates it might get hourly updates on its price. and the value may extend to 50% +/-

just a thought, but thats how i think jagex might implement it.

people should be cautious of new items because of this. and checkout how the GE handles it and such on the first day.

summoning may be a good measure of this.

The new "resources" that shouldn't go to high will have to be introduced and give us an idea b4 any new uber leet rare drops are added

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

yes, i agree. however i am afraid most if not all will be untradable and we will not A. be abled to test this B. make tons of $ for doing the skill first.

but hell thats less the 7 days left for that kind of stuff, so we will find out then

and another thought is completely more hopeful then realistic, but untradable earned weaponry that is that new "super weapon/armor/item" something earned in a new minigame. such as games like pc/cw/TB

i could only hope its that way, and we would never have to worry about over priced brand new items...

i bet all i have jagex wont ppl choose their own price , they will put a range of price , remember the price manipulation for dark bow ? jagex dont want this anymore , ge help for thats , what is sad its , their 5 % jave no effect on yew long ... everyone sell yew long 704 each no one buyer !!!

something to say about my english grammar ?!?!? , okay , but do it in french !

i bet all i have jagex wont ppl choose their own price , they will put a range of price , remember the price manipulation for dark bow ? jagex dont want this anymore , ge help for thats , what is sad its , their 5 % jave no effect on yew long ... everyone sell yew long 704 each no one buyer !!!

i dont remember it, elaborate please.

Yeah somewhere about GE

But what if the price still hasn't reached the price it would have been destined to have? Can you say price floors?
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I remember that very well. Dark bows started off at a steady 4M, then dropped to about 2.5M, then rose again to around 3.5M, and now stay at 2M.

On the yew longs and other items with the same situation: I think we can all look foward to the new team of people at the jagex towers that will monitor and change Grand Exchange prices whom will start work this month.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I havent heard anything about this new team? Sounds great though. I have never really liked the GE. I use it cause you have to if you want to buy/sell anything now, but it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I dont like the idea of being told 'You must sell here for X ammount, you cannot be greedy (or generous), your profit/losses are limited to X GP per hour ect. ect'

Mabey I'm just a pessimist, but the future of trading looks bleak unless something gets done. This new team just might work.

chezze_omlet.png

chezze_omlet.png

I think the release of summoning will give us a good idea of how new item prices will behave (especially on the GE)

BTW sry about the double post. I'm posting from a PSP (not easy) I think it took almost an hour to write all this (imagine texting with a phone only 20 times slower) then I find out theres a character limit on this stupid thing <.<

chezze_omlet.png

chezze_omlet.png