Varrock "cleaner"

WingedFish

Did anyone notice that the Varrock "Cleaner" NPC by Varrock east bank actually... Cleans? I've been firemaking past him and he sweeps up my ashes as they appear :o

Could this be a test of part of the summoning engine? Summoned monsters should be able to track objects and interact with them as well (ex. monsters helping you fight... Maybe woodcut? and etc).

I dunno if this is old news or not (I'm guessing it's been like this for as long as the cleaner has been there), but I wasn't sure so I posted anyways 8-)

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's part of the new streetsweeping skill set to be released in late 2006?

Must be late late late 2006 as its 2008 now #-o

I think maybe its just a cool thing jagex thought they'd impliment.

It could be implimented into summoning however by making your familiars able to pick up your monster drops for you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

It could be implimented into summoning however by making your familiars able to pick up your monster drops for you.

That's what I was thinking.

intriguing thoughts. i do hope this is possible.

however, that guy sweepin up your ashes is sweepin up over 30 coins per ash! hes robbing you of your FM profits

No pic no proof.

;) Jk

Could be used in questing involving Summoning. You drop an item as a marker and tell your monster to run to that spot. If they were to implement that, then you could solo DK with Summoning, using the creature to open the door.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

No pic no proof.

;) Jk

Could be used in questing involving Summoning. You drop an item as a marker and tell your monster to run to that spot. If they were to implement that, then you could solo DK with Summoning, using the creature to open the door.

Jagex will see this now and think 'Quick we have to use that idea, wake Andrew up and tie him too his computer chair untill he figures out how to do it!'

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

No pic no proof.

;) Jk

the lil drop down doors(3) that can only be attacked from the other sides? because a rune axe can do that now solo.

No pic no proof.

;) Jk

the lil drop down doors(3) that can only be attacked from the other sides? because a rune axe can do that now solo.

The doors before that require 1 person to stand on the button at each end of the door for it to open, letting them both run through.

Note: Im Posting too much #-o ill shut up for a while now.

zqXeV.jpg

OMG I cant wait for the cleaning skill!

Congratz, You are now level 99 cleaning, you can clean rust stains with all new Extra Strength CLR!

:P CLR is rubbish. I've tried it several times, at it doesn't work.

ONTOPIC:

Nice observation. *Steps into game to check it out.*

1.png
generic_signature.png

lol yes i would like level 99 cleaning.

the skill capes is polishing everything so much youve pollished through the computer window and it shows your desktop background. the summoning skillcape is, you summon your horse, epona, and you ride out of the hole into the desktop sunset....

=D> :thumbsup: :P

....im not crazy, im just a little.....cut off from the sane world.......

How the hell can you link cleaning and summoning? Some of you really read into things too much, it's just a cleaner..

They actually have been introducing things lately that are precursors and tests for engine changes they want to make in the future. So that's how we can link them.

demonslayer2.png

What danq said. ;)

Could also be used like Zanik in the Goblin quest series. Use a summon to help in quests.. distractions, extra brute force, etc.

ah yes, i forget about them. i have not been to dag kings in about a year now.

the cleaners have done this ever since varrock update. Just like the cleaners in alching room in mage training arena.

so no, this is not summoning related.

[/thread]

Dude, seriously.. just because it wasn't released recently doesn't mean it isn't related to Summoning. It has kind of been in the works for quite some time, you know.. a couple of years, actually.

*EDIT* I quoted myself on accident.. fixed that.

demonslayer2.png

It IS summoning-related, because we can speculate on the fact that:

1) MAYBE this is a test for an engine where NPC's grab items

2) If so, then MAYBE NPC's in summoning will grab items in some way

3) Lots of different ways that could be helpful: speculations!

Granted, it's a stretch, but it definitely is summoning-related. Also:

1) Those cleaners (MTA) clean things? What is there to clean?

2) Not all GD threads have to be about summoning, so not all non-summoning-related threads must be closed.

3) Who are you to declare when a thread is over? Wasn't this a PUBLIC forum?

Proud member of the Tal Shiar Alliance

Flobberdude.png

Goals: Quest cape, skill range 10 or less, all stats above 60. (Although yes, I am aware that in order to do the first two, I have to do the third.)

----

I am sick and tired of people asking me to put stuff in my signature. If you agree with me, do NOT put this in your signature.

It IS summoning-related, because we can speculate on the fact that:

1) MAYBE this is a test for an engine where NPC's grab items

2) If so, then MAYBE NPC's in summoning will grab items in some way

3) Lots of different ways that could be helpful: speculations!

Granted, it's a stretch, but it definitely is summoning-related. Also:

1) Those cleaners (MTA) clean things? What is there to clean?2) Not all GD threads have to be about summoning, so not all non-summoning-related threads must be closed.

3) Who are you to declare when a thread is over? Wasn't this a PUBLIC forum?

if your drop a bunch of the items you can alch, the sweepwers go and pick it up, or sweep.

Andrew_s_2 wrote:

the cleaners have done this ever since varrock update. Just like the cleaners in alching room in mage training arena.

so no, this is not summoning related.

[/thread]

You Know Everything

Yes, yes I do.

99 attack-34,104th to 99 attack.

spirittrack.png

A_Spirit_God.png

It'sa bloody cleaner. If they updated trees and you seen a new one would that also be related to summoning?

Why do you think all updates are realated to summoning? I kinda wish summoning is crappy and small, just to prove how wrong some of you are.

:roll:

It'sa bloody cleaner. If they updated trees and you seen a new one would that also be related to summoning?

Why do you think all updates are realated to summoning? I kinda wish summoning is crappy and small, just to prove how wrong some of you are.

How the hell can you link cleaning and summoning? Some of you really read into things too much, it's just a cleaner..

They actually have been introducing things lately that are precursors and tests for engine changes they want to make in the future. So that's how we can link them.

demonslayer2.png

hmmmm mabey a new tree could be related to sommoning :-k imagine a new tree that drops a certain type of birds egg :thumbsup:

Demond_1234.gif