Varrock "cleaner"

WingedFish

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They actually have been introducing things lately that are precursors and tests for engine changes they want to make in the future. So that's how we can link them.

Dude, seriously.. just because it wasn't released recently doesn't mean it isn't related to Summoning. It has kind of been in the works for quite some time, you know.. a couple of years, actually.

Wait.... what?

Only Lunar_Drifter has the superior structural integrity required in order to have an argument with himself.

Back on topic: It may be that the code for the cleaner is a disguised prototype for the code for a item-picker-upper, and that would be a great feature for Summoning. Can you imagine woodcutting and your familiar picks up the nest, and also takes out the item inside to give to you?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I actually support the theory that this is a test for the Auto-Collect for NPCs.

And for those who say "that cant be, cuz Varrok was updated bfore summoning":

Tower of Life, and its monster-summoning basement, was made long before Varrock Update, and Jagex have confirmed that this was a test to see if the server could deal with creating monsters.

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

Interesting.... did not know he did that!

we cant be sure if it's for summoning or not, but it defiantly seems like a test for something....

Would I be right in thinking that it is the only NPC in the game that recognises when there is an item on the floor?

If so that would be a bit of wasted coding if they where only ever going to use it for an unimportant NPC just added to look interesting.... I assume that they have some plan for the code, and summoning is the best bet.

sig2webzx7.jpg

They actually have been introducing things lately that are precursors and tests for engine changes they want to make in the future. So that's how we can link them.

Dude, seriously.. just because it wasn't released recently doesn't mean it isn't related to Summoning. It has kind of been in the works for quite some time, you know.. a couple of years, actually.

Wait.... what?

Only Lunar_Drifter has the superior structural integrity required in order to have an argument with himself.

Back on topic: It may be that the code for the cleaner is a disguised prototype for the code for a item-picker-upper, and that would be a great feature for Summoning. Can you imagine woodcutting and your familiar picks up the nest, and also takes out the item inside to give to you?

That's a little too convenient. Next thing you know, people will expect their hp to be replenished by a familiar fishing, cooking, chewing, then feeding them via funnel.

Actually now that you mention it... <3:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

How the hell can you link cleaning and summoning? Some of you really read into things too much, it's just a cleaner..

Its not the subject we are linking, its the engine we are linking.

the fact that they have a type of random event (not so random though) that can come out and interact with items on the ground can be used for summoning. So really, this thread has nothing to do with cleaning.

sig.jpg

1) Those cleaners (MTA) clean things? What is there to clean?

that he said made me wonder if it is the animals leaving(coming out of back)

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)