Linkin Park???

Dontknowyet

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in most music shops you will find them in the metal section unfortunately :( Although I don't class them as metal as such there is not enough room in a shop to add more classes!

I belive they refer to themselves as Rap-Metal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Not really, rap-metal was around when I was in college at least 4 years ago.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Limp bizkit were the first to really do this style i believe? And they're pretty old...must be 10 years now

logo.jpg

Limp bizkit were the first to really do this style i believe? And they're pretty old...must be 10 years now

*fluffles his old limp bizkit cd* :D Hard to classify them really. 30 going on 18 might be a good description ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

What Genre would you classify them?

Metal, Rap, Techno?

OR all three?

Neither. Some songs are different styles, but I wouldn't put the band in any of the suggestions you made

Vmser.png

Linking Park is pop. Regardless of whether that has become an insult in todays society or not.

Agreed. I held back in saying it because some may find it insulting if i were to say they listen to "pop".

Linking Park is pop. Regardless of whether that has become an insult in todays society or not.

Agreed. I held back in saying it because some may find it insulting if i were to say they listen to "pop".

I wouldn't call it pop though.. It's kind of hard to classify(spelling..)them.

I don't really care if people say I listen to pop, when I'm listening to Linkin Park. It doesn't bother me.

I'm insulted! I will fight you to the death!

No, seriously, linkin park is totally pop. They just borrow styles from many different genres. This gives them a sound that's just too cool and interesting for people to believe they are pop. But I know the truth, and I listen to em anyway 8)

finalsig9wq.gif

Screamy-loud-needs-to-go-through-puberty-teen-poser-craprock (I dont even want to put rock in their description because its almost a complement but I see no other option)

i'd classify them as Alternative, or even Electronica

Hohoho, you've really never heard any alternative music have you? Alternative means not normal, by definition. Linkin park is very normal music, it's totally quintessential of the 'genre'. Alternative music is experimental. Examples are Eels and Beck. Neither of which sound like the sort of thing you'll hear every day (unlike Linkin Park).

Hohoho, you've really never heard any electronica have you? For it to be electronica it needs to sound remotely electronic. Examples are Aphex Twin, Covenant and perhaps VNV Nation.

urgh....

some of you have no idea.....

thank you for those who answer.....

pop... no i dont think so....

becus then there is no non-pop bands/singers.....

As: Dontknowyet -157 R.

Rs: Dontknowyet - 38

Bigboybad - 104