Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

this is by far the best summon guide i used it to get 68 summon and if i ever pick it up again ill be using this guide tyvm just 1 thing on the kyatt tele u say u will see the obelisk idk if its change or w/e but u gotta go down a ladder to get to the obelisk

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed that using the current ge prices(and assuming you got your shards at 22 each) Lobsters cost 5134 gp to make, and Spirit dags cost 4163, so they would be better tu use for training. I don't have 83 yet, though so I haven't tried to buy them yet, so I don't know if they can be bought reasonably quickly. Could lower costs slightly between levels 83 and 85.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

I just noticed that using the current ge prices(and assuming you got your shards at 22 each) Lobsters cost 5134 gp to make, and Spirit dags cost 4163, so they would be better tu use for training. I don't have 83 yet, though so I haven't tried to buy them yet, so I don't know if they can be bought reasonably quickly. Could lower costs slightly between levels 83 and 85.

3500 of granite lobsters are shards, which can be redeemed at 70%.

Thanks for keeping this guide bumped while Im at Japan guys, cant wait to update this when I come back. :D

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

VNice guide :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

When you get back I reckon you should add mighty Banshee's to the green charm list. It's easy to get 5 there, and easy to get guams for macaws. Lol. :D

P.S. Do you guys think that using blue charms on void spinners is ok, since you get over 9k profit... :o

I dont need a siggy no moar.

When you get back I reckon you should add mighty Banshee's to the green charm list. It's easy to get 5 there, and easy to get guams for macaws. Lol. :D

P.S. Do you guys think that using blue charms on void spinners is ok, since you get over 9k profit... :o

Nope. Not only are you missing out on 500 xp, you are wasting 10pc points. And thanks, Ill check into Banshees.

inuyashakent-2.png

Well, for layout and information you sure as heck win. I did mean to write best 'summoning' guide on tipit though 8-)

Quite a good chunk of this could usefully be integrated into the guide on the main site.

Well, for layout and information you sure as heck win. I did mean to write best 'summoning' guide on tipit though 8-)

Quite a good chunk of this could usefully be integrated into the guide on the main site.

Never thought about it...

inuyashakent-2.png

Nope. Not only are you missing out on 500 xp, you are wasting 10pc points. And thanks, Ill check into Banshees.

void charms cost only 2 pts

probably updated idk got 14 for 28 pts

foukouei.png

void charms cost only 2 pts

probably updated idk got 14 for 28 pts

Oh... they must have changed that.

inuyashakent-2.png

Great guide, one i'll be sure to watch for a while. Only 2 problems are that the Barker Toad and Mithril Minotuar Pics are not cropped. :ugeek:

Awesome guide,once again though. :thumbup:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Nice guide, however you may want to throw in the "Hunt for Surok" Mini-quest, you may already know of it but you are able to get a minimum of 2 green, 7 crimson, and 5 blue charms in under 10 minutes, and at lvl 88 that translates into around 6900xp.

You can access it once every day, so it's like tears of guthix, except every day, well look it up, certainly something worth putting into your guide.

P.S, if you kill the orc legions they will drop a charm, usually gold or green but i have seen a crimson

Great guide, one i'll be sure to watch for a while. Only 2 problems are that the Barker Toad and Mithril Minotuar Pics are not cropped. :ugeek:

Awesome guide,once again though. :thumbup:

They are cropped, but it seems to be a glitch at imageshack... #-o

Ill fix that later, Ive noticed that months ago but never got around to it... :wall:

Nice guide, however you may want to throw in the "Hunt for Surok" Mini-quest, you may already know of it but you are able to get a minimum of 2 green, 7 crimson, and 5 blue charms in under 10 minutes, and at lvl 88 that translates into around 6900xp.

You can access it once every day, so it's like tears of guthix, except every day, well look it up, certainly something worth putting into your guide.

P.S, if you kill the orc legions they will drop a charm, usually gold or green but i have seen a crimson

Ill make sure to add that along with shard trading later.

inuyashakent-2.png

Nice guide so far.

9/10

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

THANK YOU for this guide!!!!!!!

You're my new best friend. <3:

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

Amazing guide!!! I just couldn't find where to get raw bird meat. There are also some extra lines between the hides now and then, which you could delete.

I have a tip to improve your pouch making method:

Replace Castle Wars teleport with Edgenville teleport. Instead of using a ring each 8 teles, you can buy about 30 glories (a big investment, but you can always sell afterwards) and the charges won't cost anything (except maybe the time needed to recharge them; works good with warrior bracelet). I use glory teleports all the time, seeing the Edgy tele is real close to bank and it's practically free.

Amazing guide!!! I just couldn't find where to get raw bird meat. There are also some extra lines between the hides now and then, which you could delete.

I have a tip to improve your pouch making method:

Replace Castle Wars teleport with Edgenville teleport. Instead of using a ring each 8 teles, you can buy about 30 glories (a big investment, but you can always sell afterwards) and the charges won't cost anything (except maybe the time needed to recharge them; works good with warrior bracelet). I use glory teleports all the time, seeing the Edgy tele is real close to bank and it's practically free.

Thanks for the tip, and yeah I noticed lots of these small errors. Also, thanks for trying to improve my guide, glories has not been used for a while because:

1) Unless you have a geyser titan, it takes a long time to charge glories.

2) The distance from the bank to the altar is so short that any extra time really does add up. The distance from the edge bank from the tele spot and c war bank from the tele spot makes a huge difference.

inuyashakent-2.png

Thanks for the tip, and yeah I noticed lots of these small errors. Also, thanks for trying to improve my guide, glories has not been used for a while because:

1) Unless you have a geyser titan, it takes a long time to charge glories.

2) The distance from the bank to the altar is so short that any extra time really does add up. The distance from the edge bank from the tele spot and c war bank from the tele spot makes a huge difference.

I still think glories are better than rings of dueling, because they are usefull for other things beside Summoning. Glories are just a little bit cheaper then Rings of duelling, but it adds up in the long run. Here is why they are cheaper:

The distance to bank for both tele spots is the same (I timed it). To optimally recharge glories, you need 29 of them (1 equipped) and a combat bracelet (also equipped). Just tele to the warrior guild and run to the fountain.

When you use 29 glories (= 116 teleports), you will win 13.5k (the price for 116 Ring of Dueling teleports). In return you lose about 50 seconds to recharge them (I timed this too).

So in 50 seconds, you win 13.5k; which equals 965k per hour. (I think most people are better off with glories.)

So if you make more then 965k per hour, you should use rings of duelling and if you make less, you should use glories.

Because we are talking about 50 seconds, this only matters if you are going to have to recharge a lot (like 1000) of them. And so the glory method is only going to make a difference if you are going for 99 (which you are ...) or if you use them for a lot of other things like clues, farming, or simply to have a tele close to a bank. The only downside is the investment of 30 glories you need, to use this method.

Except from being cheaper in the long run, there are other reasons you should use glories instead of Rings of duelling, even when you are not training Summoning:

- the tele is really close to the GE

- it's really close to a spirit tree, giving you fast access to the Gnome stronghold/Maze village

- Edgenville has more things to offer, like furnace, close to wildy, water source, ...

- Glories can tele from wildy up to level 30 (instead of 20). This is extremely usefull for clues.

Even if you don't agree that glories are better, please add them as a possibility so people can decide for themselves.

The distance is longer, but its a few seconds so it is very easy to mistime it. Just look at the minimap. Its about 10 steps compared to 20. I guess Ill add it as a possibility, but I do highly reccomend 89 Summoning, it helps.

- the tele is really close to the GE

- it's really close to a spirit tree, giving you fast access to the Gnome stronghold/Maze village

***Why would you want that while collecting items, ect. If you want to go to Gnome, I would just go to edgy for that one case.

- Edgenville has more things to offer, like furnace, close to wildy, water source, ...

***Again, just go to edgy when you want to use the furnace, water source, wildy, ect.

- Glories can tele from wildy up to level 30 (instead of 20). This is extremely usefull for clues.

***Too situational.

inuyashakent-2.png