Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

Hi,

greaters are actually more accessible than what you show

"They are kill-able in two spots. One being the ogre city Gu'tanath, where there are blue dragons (which won't attack you), and another being Brimhaven dungeon. They come with their flaws, however.

Brimhaven dungeon has wild dogs that are aggresive unless you are 127+ combat or you stay there for 15 minutes or so.

The Greater demons are in a cage with no enterence, so all drops must be tele-grabbed, and they must be ranged."

First off, in the Ogre Enclave, there is one Greater on the north end of the cave not in a cage. The Blue dragons can attack, but are not a concern and are spread out. The Greaters in the cage can also be hallied. The single free Greater spawns a bit slow, so crowded worlds are advised.

Secondly, there are greaters in the wilderness, but the location is not great, even after the new Spirit of Summer quest ring.

But thirdly, if you (or someone who can assist you) has high enough fletching and crafting, Entrana dungeon is perfect for extended Greater slaying. Bring alc runes, the best dragon leather you can sew and wear, ring of wealth or archer's ring, combat bracelet, fury/glory, 11 snakeskins for boots and bandana OR better yet 11 4-dose ranging potions. Then whether you bring unfinished broad bolts and feathers or headless arrows and broad arrow tips or even runes, bolt tips, feathers and unfinished metal bolts for enchanting your favorite mix is up to you. Bring rune cbow(u) and crossbow string or bowstring and mage shortbow(u). Note that the best cape to wear here is H.A.M. or spottier, no Ava'a accumulator allowed. Make the items anywhere on the island, and just don't talk to a Monk who will throw you off the island.

For maging, ghostly robes are decent, and you can substitute wizard boots and god cape for extra mage accuracy. bring a knife and killa couple skeletons to get an axe so you can carve yourself a dramen staff for autocast. Note that this method does not allow for elemental staffs to save runes, but it is so peaceful, not to mention entertaining watching the first time questers doing lost city, that it is worth it in my opinion.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks. I love constructive critism, it really helps this thread. My answers are in bold.

Hi,

greaters are actually more accessible than what you show

"They are kill-able in two spots. One being the ogre city Gu'tanath, where there are blue dragons (which won't attack you), and another being Brimhaven dungeon. They come with their flaws, however.

Brimhaven dungeon has wild dogs that are aggresive unless you are 127+ combat or you stay there for 15 minutes or so.

The Greater demons are in a cage with no enterence, so all drops must be tele-grabbed, and they must be ranged."

First off, in the Ogre Enclave, there is one Greater on the north end of the cave not in a cage. The Blue dragons can attack, but are not a concern and are spread out. There is only one spawn, which is way less than enough. Not worth even mentioning. The Greaters in the cage can also be hallied. True, but hallying is too slow to make it an "efficient" monster to kill for charms. The single free Greater spawns a bit slow, so crowded worlds are advised. Slow + only 1 spawn makes it even worse.

Secondly, there are greaters in the wilderness, but the location is not great, even after the new Spirit of Summer quest ring. Exactly. Plus dealing with revenants is too much of a hassle to do relaxed training.

But thirdly, if you (or someone who can assist you) has high enough fletching and crafting, Entrana dungeon is perfect for extended Greater slaying. Bring alc runes, the best dragon leather you can sew and wear, ring of wealth or archer's ring, combat bracelet, fury/glory, 11 snakeskins for boots and bandana OR better yet 11 4-dose ranging potions. Then whether you bring unfinished broad bolts and feathers or headless arrows and broad arrow tips or even runes, bolt tips, feathers and unfinished metal bolts for enchanting your favorite mix is up to you. Bring rune cbow(u) and crossbow string or bowstring and mage shortbow(u). Note that the best cape to wear here is H.A.M. or spottier, no Ava'a accumulator allowed. Make the items anywhere on the island, and just don't talk to a Monk who will throw you off the island. [b]Hmm... I heard of this many times, but for obvious reasons I wouldn't reccomend this. Just dealing with the hassle of bringing new equipment every time, having lower range bonus, the time it takes, and the fact you can't bring Ava's makes it pretty annoying to train there. Bows are outdated, not sure if you can bring a crossbow in there...[/b]

For maging, ghostly robes are decent, and you can substitute wizard boots and god cape for extra mage accuracy. bring a knife and killa couple skeletons to get an axe so you can carve yourself a dramen staff for autocast. Note that this method does not allow for elemental staffs to save runes, but it is so peaceful, not to mention entertaining watching the first time questers doing lost city, that it is worth it in my opinion. Never kill monsters with mage, it's as inefficient and expensive as it gets.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Unstrung crossbows and crossbow string CAN be brought there, and you need to run and get the drops anyway so the ava's accumulator is not much of a factor. I agree with your points about equipment hassle but if you wanted to kill 3k greaters this would end up saving time over any other location and would make for pretty efficient training. I have ranged a few hundred there and between low defence, good alcable drops and lots of crimsons, I still think this is legitimate. In the end though its your guide, and a very good one at that.

Wow Kent, epic math. :shock:

70M if I do waterfiends though, eh? Not to bad I suppose. How do you make money from them though?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Unstrung crossbows and crossbow string CAN be brought there, and you need to run and get the drops anyway so the ava's accumulator is not much of a factor. You don't always run to get the drops, only about half the time. And the extra clicks... lol. I agree with your points about equipment hassle but if you wanted to kill 3k greaters this would end up saving time over any other location and would make for pretty efficient training. Is it that great? I mean Greater demons are worse than black demons, so if you want efficient training you should head there. I have ranged a few hundred there and between low defence, good alcable drops and lots of crimsons, I still think this is legitimate. In the end though its your guide, and a very good one at that.Thank you.

I will put your opinions to consideration.

Wow Kent, epic math. :shock:

70M if I do waterfiends though, eh? Not to bad I suppose. How do you make money from them though?

Epic math is epic.

You make money from waterfiends now... I wouldn't be surprised if you make 30m+, if not way. Maybe even enough to pay back for the summoning supplies.

inuyashakent-2.png

Monster: Fire giant

Amount: 125

crimson:7

green:6

gold:70

blue:none

I'm slaying atm, so I might post some more later.

Task #2

Monster:Basilisk

Amount:129

crimson:8

green:24

gold:7

blue:none

Task #3

Monster:Harpie bugs

Amount:162

green:8

gold:1

That's it. So err, don't kill these for charms? :P

Task #4

Fire giants again :)

Monster: Fire Giant

Amount:172

crimson:7

green:13

gold:98

blue:3

hey, I have another false rumor people believed that rock lobsters were nerfed recently, this is false.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

(Project started 9/23)

<3:Introduction to Kents Slayer Guide! <3:

Well, Im guessing the only reason you came to my guide is because you read my ever so famous Summoning guide, which can be found here. In this guide, I will give you all the information you will need to train Slayer efficiently, quickly, and enjoyably. My guides (well, Ive only written two but) tends to be quite long, and I can get a bit verbose at times, but please try to bear with me. Remember, I wrote a Summoning guide which is highly related to combat, so some of the information here can be similar to the information from there.

I decided I should write a guide on Slayer as Im very fond of the skill, and its tight bond with my favorite skill Summoning. There is also many false rumours spreading about the skills, so I wish this guide will set records straight.

I tend to take good care of my guides, and read the comments people post at least once a day, so dont be afraid to pm me or to post if you have any questions. I love feedback, so if you have any constructive criticism, please say it!

Again, nobody comment on the color...

-= Table of Contents =-

Introduction

¤ Slayer introduction The ultimate training method

¤ But Aviancies are so nice (comparison)

Slayer masters

¤ Which slayer master?

¤ So, how do I get to these Slayer masters?

Analysis of Slayer methods

¤ Summary of charms

¤ Food and potions

¤ Prayer

¤ Cannon

¤ General equipment guide

Highly contraversial topics

¤ Herbs - The unnoticed source of income

¤ An in depth analysis of expensive equipment

¤ Guthans. Outdated?

¤ Dharok's - Speed... or power?

¤ Speed or cost - Finding the balance.

¤ Efficiency or fun - Finding the balance.

¤ Ring of Wealth - Fact vs Fiction

¤ Range vs Melee vs Magic

What are Slayer points?

¤ What are Slayer points?

¤ Order of what to spend points on

¤ What to Cancel/Block?

Summoning

¤ Basics of Summoning

¤ Combat familiars

¤ Healer familiars

¤ Beasts of burden

The slayer tasks

¤ Finally, this is the meat of this guide

¤ Standard equipment

¤ (All slayer tasks assigned from Duradel)

Introduction

[hide=Slayer introduction The ultimate training method]Slayer is a skill that revolves entirely around combat. You are assigned slayer monsters from slayer masters, where you kill them and you gain experience based on the monster you kill. (Theyre hp)

They add a good amount of variety into the skill, which definitely helps you to train one skill for an extended period of time. Switching off skills, loses a lot of time, and is a very inefficient thing to do. They also give a very generous experience, and in the end, you should have enough for (or close to) 99 Summoning, along with a generous cash pile. (It adds up over time) Remember, you want to get 99 Slayer by the time you get 99 combat stats, or else youll have to train Combat even though you are maxed out!

• [/hide]

[hide=But Aviancies are so nice (comparison)]Slayer is one of the many ways to train combat in Runescape. What sets it apart from all the other training methods? Well, obviously for one you get to train Slayer, which it itself is a skill. If anybody decides to train Slayer after they max out, they will greatly suffer as they have to get over level 99 in combat skills.

Slayer, although being a decent source of training and income, isnt as good as other methods. Other methods including Zombie monkeys, Gorillas, Bandits, Aviancies, requires much less attention and clicking, while earning more money and experience at the same time! However, they lack Slayer experience, which you want as early as possible. Also, although they are more money and experience, it is only marginally so. When I say marginally, I mean that if you powertrain the skill as I will later explain in this guide, it should BARELY be any faster, as you can actually obtain 70k combat xp per hour if you are fast.

However, this is not going to be biased. In the end, by training Slayer there is absolutely nothing gained, besides training the skill. That itself should be enough. The entire high end slayer monsters are now not a good source of income, or experience for that matter. But if a new Slayer monster is released, theyre primary drop should be worth a lot for the first few days. However, remember that almost ALL skills are useless to level, and dont impact you at all from 1-99. Woodcut, Firemaking, Fishing, Cooking, Mining, Smithing, Herblore, Thieving, Crafting, Fletching, Hunter, Construction, Runecrafting, and oh wait, Im listing practically every skill in Runescape. Now with God war dungeons, of course skills are not as profitable as them. But does that make them useless? No, it shouldnt. The underlying reason to play Runescape depends from player to player, but for the majority it is skills. It IS the point of Runescape. I hope I disputed that point, although it is a fairly good point against Slayer.

• [/hide]

Slayer masters

[hide=Which slayer master?]Well, theres 5 Slayer masters. The only requirements are for Sumona and Durdael, and the others dont have any, besides the ability to access their location. They have their good points, along with their bad but some are obviously bad to do. Here is a description of each:

* Turael He is called the Burthrope, and obtaining tasks from him is called Burthroping. The reason should be obvious, and that is because he is located in Burthrope. But this slayer master has a special ability to him, which is that he is able to give you tasks even though you are already on one.

Before the addition of Slayer points (which is quite recent), people used to use a Games necklace/NPC contact, and they would skip their bad tasks by turning them into short, easy tasks. Now, with slayer points you are allowed to cancel out your task without getting a (small, bad experience) task from Turael. The only reason to ever use Turael now is that if you are an extremely low level, but I wouldnt recommend slayer until you are 70+ all stats, anyways.

* Mazchna Just another weak slayer master. She serves no point, as you shouldnt train slayer at that low level, anyways.

* Vannaka There are huge arguments about which is better. Chaeldar is, so well I answered an age old question, yay.

* Chaeldar In all seriousness, she is better. If you have 70+ combat stats, you should be able to kill her tasks with relative ease. However, when you can use Sumona, use her.

* Sumona Yay, this is where the real controversy starts. Which is better, Duradel or this new, lower leveled Slayer master? Well, my honest opinion would have to be Durdadel. Of course, this is backed up with facts and evidence. This slayer master gives a lot of cannon-able tasks. So, if youre planning to use her, make sure you use your cannon, and use it a lot, too.

* Duradel - Yes, the highest level master. (with a surprising low requirement, sadly) He gives much larger tasks than Sumona, and his tasks are very good, except for ones that you should be skipping/blocking anyways. He assigns good charm droppers, too. Just use him if youre higher leveled (Maybe 120+) They are very comparable to each other, so just choose whichever you like.

• [/hide]

[hide=So, how do I get to these Slayer masters?]I will discuss how to get to Sumona and Duradel here. There are many ways, but the best for each are (In order from best to worst)

Sumona:

1) NPC contact, will go in detail below.

2) Use your slayer ring. Bam, your right there.

3) If you dont have a slayer ring, no problem! Although it may be a little harder and slower, but still a good method. Teleport using your Pharaohs scepter to Pyramid plunder (first choice) and go north, out of the gate, and talk to the magic carpet owner. Ask him to take you to the only available option, and from there walk north.

4) There are many other methods but if you cant, just use Duradel.

Duradel:

1) NPC contact, will go in detail below.

2) Use your Karajma gloves 3, and youll be in Shilo mines. Go up the ladder, and run to Duradel.

3) Teleport to Ardougne, and head south to the docks. Pay him 30 gp, and go south-east a little to the cart. Hell ask you to pay depending on how much money you have. Just bring less than 200 gp (The money you have on you. His maximum payment is very little).

NPC contact

NPC contact is a Lunar spell that requires 67 magic (1 Astrals, 1 cosmics, and 2 airs) and allows you to talk to the Slayer masters directly. Now, Lunar mage is generally worse, than normal mage. This is a common misconception! All teleports are accessible by using teleport tablets, and others can be accessed from (96 magic, eek!) spellbook swap. I dont even recommend using alchemy, its pretty slow and it can be annoying alching an item during the middle of your slayer tasks. Telekinetic grab is only useful at Greater demonds (dont kill it there anyways) or hellhounds (I skip them, plus they drop mostly gold charms.)

However, they have their bad points. In general, its much less convenient, and youll have to bring much more runes while doing your farming runs. Also, I would only recommend it for people with 96 Magic, more money, and much more patience than me. I just use regular mage because of its convenience. Its up to you, however. Just choose whichever suits you, it doesnt make a huge difference, lol.

• [/hide]

Analysis of Slayer methods (I'll come up with a better name, lol)

[hide=Food and Potions]There are many, many options for which potions and food to use during Slayer.

Which food to use? Well, thats a good question. Here, I will discuss all commonly used foods, and tell you which to use. In order of how much they cure. (Copied directly from my Summoning guide, this should tell you which food to use.)

Food

* Saradomin brew (56 life, 4 bites, 4993 gp) - Highest curing item in the game. But... they lower your other stats and raise your defence. Very inconvinient, and it is extremely pricy. I would say let boss hunters use this... They cure 15% of your life, meaning that 56 is with max hp. 94 Hp to get the max 56 life though.

* Basket of Strawberries (30 life, 5 bites, 318gp) - Highest curing food in the game. However, they are in a basket, and you need to take them out and eat them, curing 6 each. They take extremely long to eat, and I would say they aren't really worth the time. However, they could be handy at places where you need that much hp and the bank is that far away. (Dark beasts pre-summoning, anyone?)

* Pineapple pizzas (22 life, 2 bites, 587) - Very high hp cure. Reasonable cost, mainly because of it's 2 bites. However, they have less of a delay then other foods. (Just for eating another food, not attacking again.) You can take a bite of Pineapple pizzas, then eat a monk/shark/tuna potato for max healing speed. Use this for high damaging tasks, such as Scarabites.

* Manta ray (22 life, 1930 gp) - Technically the "best" food in the game, considering it's heal and time to eat, but it's too expensive for casual charm hunter/slayer.

* Sea turtle (21 life, 1286 gp) - Same case as Manta ray. Too expensive.

* Shark (20 life, 839 gp) - Very expensive for it's life boosts. I would only use this if you are fighting a boss, which your never going to while your hunting for charms. (Scarabs don't damage you that fast, lol)

* Cooked Karambwan (18 life, 658 gp) - These are great. They cure more than monkfish, but less than sharks. Their price is a mix of the two. However, that isn't what makes them wonderful. They have NO delay after eating (if you time it right, that is), just like potions. Does it really matter? Not really, but it is pretty handy at some places like... bounty hunter.

* Monkfish (16 life, 344 gp) - Heres one of the best foods. It costs very little for curing 16 life. Use this for most slayer tasks.

* Lobster (12 life, 278) - Very low cure. I would advise against this, but you can use it if you know your barely going to get damaged. More of a f2p food though.

* Wine (12 life, -1 attack, 77gp) Same as the lobster, except it reduces range. As you can see though, it costs very little. This is a very good food to use when your ranging, and barely getting damaged. Which means safespots.

GP/Hp cure

Wine - 6.4

Monkfish - 21.5

Lobster - 23.1

Pineapple pizza - 26.7

Cooked Karambwan - 36.5

Shark - 42

Sea turtle - 61.2

Manta ray - 87.2

Saradomin brew - 89.1

Summary: Stick with Monkfish and pineapple pizzas, although the wine has it's uses.

Potions

So, what about potions? Well, another good question with many answers.

The combination

* Super attack + Super strength Dubbed as the Pure set. This set up is very good for tasks that dont require defence, but the better set up is

* Zamorak brew + Super strength No name, as not many people know about it. This is, however, a better set up than the one mentioned above. This reduces your defence and your hp though, so it should only be used on prayer/extremely easy tasks. Use 10% strength prayer if youre not on a Prayer task. (Even though you might want to even if you are using protection prayer.

* Super set Super attack, strength, and defence. Use this on typical melee tasks where you need Defence.

* Range potion Use these on EVERY task you range.

* Super set + Range potion Use these on tasks where you melee, but with a cannon.

• [/hide]

[hide=Prayer]Well, when I said prayer I can bet 99% of you just thought Melee protection! or something along the lines of that. Well, no. That is not what this chapter is about. This is about the 10% strength prayer, officially known as SuperHuman Strength. (stupid name)

* 10% Strength prayer (Or 10% range, same logic applies) - Well, its great, to say the least. The 10% strength helps a lot, and its price is not that much. It may not help as much as, say, Cannon, but the effect is definite. I would recommend using this whenever you can, but if you are a lower level, dont. I would say if you have a decent income (Or if you go GWD, lol) use this.

* Piety Well it comes at a huge cost. However, you can wear prayer armour as it gives a good amount of extra defences. Also, remember that the bonuses it gives are huge, but that also means you should bring Beasts of Burden to bring prayer pots for you. I would only recommend that you should use this if you can make a very good amount of money an hour. Methods such as God war dungeon and 91+ Runecrafting are examples of what are good.

• [/hide]

[hide=Cannon]You must have heard many opinions, especially ones saying that its too expensive, or that its annoying to other legit slayers out there. FORGET THAT! Im training the fast, smart, efficient way! Use a cannon all the way, anybody who is following this guide should AT LEAST value their time enough to use a cannon. You think you cant? Well, guess what. You can, although tips on money making wont be put into this guide. (Just make sure you herb farm Use a cannon on every task that I say you should.

Remember that you cant cannon at the Chaos tunnels. As obvious as this sounds, but if it wasnt for this each task would have been considerably easier. Also, remember that it IS possible to cannon multiple enemies in non multi combat areas! This means that you must be in a safespot, and not getting hit.

• [/hide]

[hide=General equipment guide]What armour to wear to each monster is already explained, but I'll give you a detailed descriptions on each armour and weapons. You'd be surprised at how not straight forward the answers are.

Weapons

1st) Abyssal whip - This is the generic weapon that should be used most of the time. Nice accuracy, fast, one handed, nice strength, and to top it off it's cheap. Seriously, its the best weapon in the game. A common argument against this weapon is that it cannot be used to train Strength. This is only partly true. Why not train controlled (1/3 the xp in Attack, Strength, Defence)? Why not train all 3 stats at the same time at the fastest pace possible instead of training 1 at a time at a slower pace?

2nd) Godsword - Ahh... the never ending Godswords vs Abyssal whip debate. Abyssal whips win. Debate over. This is because although they do give high hits, the extra accuracy isn't needed during training. I would use this only during PvP or boss hunting, where it is better than the Abyssal whip. A notable fact about the Saradomin godsword is it's special. It is extremely useful, and should be used whenever possible.

3rd) Saradomin sword - The famed Strength training weapon. It has the exact same stats and speed as the Abyssal whip, but with an extra 2 prayer bonus. It is also 2-handed. It does a Strength training option which the Abyssal whip lacks, but it significantly more expensive and is technically weaker because you can't wield a shield with it. However, it also has a crush option which makes it one of the best options at the famed charm harvesting monster, Waterfiends.

4th) Obsidian sword - This must be combined with a Berserker necklace. This is stronger than the Dragon scimitar, but you have to sacrifise a necklace slot. It isn't as good as the Saradomin sword however, so I wouldn't recommend using this set-up considering it has no merits and lacks accuracy which lower levels need.

5th) Dragon scimitar - This weapon is what us veterens used to use before the release of much more powerful weapons. A decent weapon with a Strength training option, but it falls short compared to the Saradomin sword or the Abyssal whip. However, it is still a viable training option for lower levels.

6th) Zamorakian spear - This weapon has an extremely high crush bonus, making it perfect for Waterfiends. That's it. Don't use it anywhere else.

Helmets

1st) Black mask/Slayer helmet - 15% Attack and Strength while on slayer tasks! Seriously, if you on a slayer task, USE IT!

*No replacement for the epicness of the helmets above.

Torso

1st) Bandos plate - Yeah, who didn't see this coming? This has a somewhat decent (pretty bad to be honest) while giving prayer and Strength bonuses! Use this if you have it, unless the monster requires a good defence bonus. The strength bonus is twice as much as Bandos tassets.

2nd) Dharok, Torag, Guthan's (Karils) plate - Has the best defence in the game, and they're cheap. However, they degrade (barely adds up though) and lack the Strength bonus the Bandos plate has. Use this if you don't have it, it's doesn't make that much of a difference. Karil's is when you need magic defence, can be substitued for a Black dragonhide top (which has more melee defence)

3rd) Proselyte top (Monk robes) - When you need prayer bonus, use these no doubt. Huge melee defence (for prayer armour!) and more Prayer bonus than Monk robes. However, Monk robes has more mage defence (barely) and are cheap with no requirements. If you have Proselyte, use it.

4th - Rune/Dragon/Granite - For noobs only. Don't bother with these, use barrows even if it degrades over time.

5th) Fighter torso - Hahahahahahahaha!!!! I just put this in it to laugh at the people who use it. :lol: It's the most overrated piece of trash in the game.

Legs

1st) Verac's skirt (Karils) - Wait? What? Not the Bandos tassets? Yes, the Verac's skirt has a very high Defence and Prayer bonus, and the repair isn't as much as people make it out to be. Use karils when you need Magic defence. However, every other barrows legs doesn't have Prayer bonus and has no better defence than Verac's, so don't use those.

2nd) Bandos tassets - Overrated. It's defence isn't that great compared to the Verac's skirt, and it lacks the prayer bonus Verac's skirt gives. Also, it's strength bonus is only +2. The strength bonus is very nice though, so it is advised to use it while training in locations that doesn't require defence.

3rd) Proselyte legs (Monk robes) - Use these when your using a Protection prayer and not getting damaged. However, if you are using SuperHuman strength, or Piety then I would advise you using Verac's skirt for it's defence bonus. Monk robes has no melee defence, but it has no requirements.

4th) Dragon/Rune legs - Umm... No. Use barrows.

Shield

1st) Rune defender - Again, *gasp!* Just like the Bandos tassets. This little thing is too good. It lacks flashy looks or the huge Strength bonuses or Defence bonuses of the Dragonfire shield, but it does give a huge accuracy bonus. 19+ to slash! That is insanely good.

2nd) Dragonfire shield (Anti-dragonfire shield) - Dubbed as the DFS. Well... when I said the Rune defender is better, I meant for powertraining. When trying to obtain the fastest experience possible, the 2 Strength or the huge defence is negligable compared to the 19+ to slash. However, when fighting high leveled monsters (Scarabites and obviously all variants of dragons) this could be a replacement. (Note that Godsword is better than a Abyssal whip+DFS while hunting very high level monsters, however) A plain Anti-dragonfire shield is a replacement while hunting dragons.

3rd) Obsidian shield (Toktz-ket-xil)(Granite shield) - It's real name is Toktz-ket-xil, but is dubbed Obsidian shield. This is a miniature version of a Dragonfire shield. It has 2 less Strength, and less defence bonuses. However, it still is a viable replacement for the DFS on higher leveled training. The Granite shield has the exact same stats as the Obsidian shield except it has no Strength bonuses, and costs much less.

4th) Unholy book - A completed Zamorak book. Good for ranging, but the prayer bons doesn't make up for the lost Slash and Strength bonuses. Don't use this for meleeing.

5th) Dragon squre shield - Does anybody still use this? It has virtually no place in Runescape anymore, just ignore it's existance and you'll be fine.

Ring

1st) Berserker ring - Well, it's a great ring. 4 Strength. However, it comes at a hefty price. A good ring, but it comes at it's price... You will not keep this if you die as it's alch value is almost 0. GET THIS BEFORE BANDOS!

2nd) Warrior ring - 4 slash bonus and is very cheap. If you don't have a spare 2 million gp to spend, just buy this. The effects are defininate, and it's very cheap.

3rd) Explorer's Ring - Obtained from doing the Lumbridge achievements. It's very useful, and it even has 30 low alchemy runes daily, along with 3 50% stamina recoveries. Also, it teleports somewhat close to a bank, and has a prayer bonus! If you lose it, it's free so you can retrieve it.

Amulet

1st) Salve (e)/Salve amulet - This gives 20 (15) Attack and Strength to undead. This doesn't stack with a Black/slayer mask, so if your on a slayer mask use a Fury instead! Remember, this is for undead only. (Doesn't work at Barrow's, go figure)

2nd) Amulet of Fury - Seriously, it's bonuses are huge for it's cost. If your considering getting a DFS or Bados pieces before this, your an idiot. Get this!

3rd) Amulet of Glory - Eh, cheaper version of a Fury but has 4 very important teleports. I have 50+ in my bank just for teleportation purposes. It is very handy to be able to teleport to Edgeville.

4th) Strength/Power - This is not a nonmember's guide, so this has no place here. Even the strength.

Cape

1st) Fire cape - No debate, it gives the best Attack and defence bonuses.

2nd) Trimmed skillcapes - As much defence as an Obsidian cape but with prayer bonus. Use this over the skillcape while praying.

3rd) Skillcape (Obsidian cape) - Exact same stats. Good defence, but don't use it if you have a Fire cape.

4th) God cape - Gives +10 magic defence, but who needs that anyways? Don't use this.

The rest

Ones that are too obvious and have no contraversy will be put here.

Gloves - "Barrow" gloves if you have them, or Mithril+ if you have it. If not, use the Combat bracelet.

Boots - Dragon boots.

• [/hide]

Highly controversial topics

[hide=Herbs - The unnoticed source of income]These little tiny herbs go by unnoticed very easily. I can see why. However, these guys add up to a tremendous amount of money by the time you get 99.

All those Abberant spectres, Black demons, Abyssal demons. Do you have any idea how many Ranarrs you pick up? By my estimates, you could easily make over 10-20m just from herbs!

So which herbs should you pick up? Just Ranarr? Or Kwuarm too? Well, I'd say it depends on how much inventory spaces you have... I, personally, don't have any inventory spaces ever, so I just pick up the Ranarr. If you have extra inventory spaces, pick up extra herbs. More power to you.

This is not really controversial, but a reminder.

• [/hide]

[hide=An in depth analysis of expensive equipment]

• [/hide]

[hide=Guthans. Outdated?]Well... many, many people have been saying that Guthans has lost its purpose with the release of Summoning. This is not true at all.

The most efficient way to train Slayer is to use Combat familiars! Usually pineapple pizzas are enough, but sometimes you just need more. Well, there's a very good of Guthans there! However, I would only use a combat familiar if you have a Geyser titan, (89+), so a Guthans should only be used by very high leveled Summoners, or ones without a Bunyip (68-).

Sadly though, if you have a Saradomin godsword there shouldn't be a reason to use Guthans.

• [/hide]

[hide=Dharok's - Speed... or power?]Well, normally Dharoks is great! But... not for Slayer. The ability to use a Black mask and whip is better than the Dharok. Very simple case, no?

• [/hide]

[hide=Speed or cost - Finding the balance.]This is not nearly as controversial as the topic below. However, I would like to explain this before you get confused while reading my guide. Efficiency is a balance of speed and cost, and you must find a balance. How? This.

Money made from method 1-2 Xp gained/hour from method 2- method 1 * Amount of xp gained from method 2/ method 1

There should be a number like 120k, or the like. That means if you make over 120k gp/hour, you should go to the other spot.

• [/hide]

[hide=Efficiency or fun - Finding the balance.]Possibly the most controversial topic out of all of these. When I say fun, I mean how enjoyable and relaxing the skill is.

For example, you could woodcut Willows or teaks. Teaks are obviously better for somebody like me, but I went Willows instead. Why? Because they are much more relaxing then Teaks, which also makes it more fun.

Fun is subjective, and it definetely isn't written in stone. Wether you like something or not is your opinion. Also, how much you weight efficiency and fun isn't as mathmatical as speed and cost.

Again, most of this guide is a good balance. You could always use the efficient method, but again, that is up to you. Don't make me make a choice based on opinion for you.

• [/hide]

[hide=Ring of Wealth - Fact vs Fiction]To start, I would like to say I prefer fact over fiction. Here is a quote from Jagex:

I see that many people in this world hath conflicting and contrary ideas as to how the ring of wealth may help them.

Allow me to set this straight once and for all.

If thou consider the possessions of an enemy to be like a roulette wheel, then the 'rare' items so coveted by players are located on a second roulette wheel, that will only be spun shouldst thou roll a specific number on the first wheel.

The ring of wealth affects not the number which thou may achieve upon the first wheel, but should thou gain the precise number to allow thee access to the second, the ring will make thy chances of gaining an object on that second roulette wheel all the greater.

Get it? This means that basically theres 2 wheels. One determines wether the drop will be common, gems, armour, RARE, ect. The wheel two determines what item out of the category you get. The ring of wealth increases the chance to get a better item on wheel two.

Ring of wealth does help. Case closed.

• [/hide]

[hide=Range vs Melee vs Magic]The 3 forms of combat. Some people decide to get 99 in all by the time they get 99 Slayer. Don't do this! Magic is an extremely slow source of Slayer experience, and should be trained another way. Magic is best trained by non combat methods.

Now, which tasks should you melee or range? Obviously it depends on the task, but you should try to pack in Range whenever you can. Melee is faster in almost every single method, but would you want to gain 15m xp in melee, and 10 in range? Just try to pack on some Range when you can, you won't regret it. The cannon is not enough.

• [/hide]

Slayer points

[hide=What are Slayer points?]Slayer points are a nice addition to Slayer. They allow you to purchase the ability to craft new bolts (which are great, by the way), craft new rings, make a helmet, but most importantly allows you to skip slayer tasks. People sometimes use Mazchna for every task besides every 10th task, where they switch off to Duradel for max Slayer points. However, Slayer points are more of a bonus to Slayer rather than a whole revolutionary method on its own. This in mind, use Duradel/Sumona.

• [/hide]

[hide=Order of what to spend points on]1) Block tasks/Cancel tasks This comes first. This is the greatest slayer update EVER! Make sure you block tasks before you get the Slayer helmet. This is a HUGE bonus to slayer, allowing you to maximize your experience like never before! Will go in depth below.

2) Slayer helmet Oooo, goody. This helms graphical features are nice, and its combat abilities are decent. Its better than a Black mask, because of its extra defence and the ability to use it at Dust devils (great) and Abberant specters (not needed, sadly).

3) Ring of Slayer or Ability to fletch Broad arrows/bolts

3a) Ring of Slayer Id personally get this first. The ring of slayer helps for those who like slaying Abyssal demons at the Slayer tower, or just like it there. There really isnt any great benefits of the ring, except that it teleports you straight to Sumona. So if you use Sumona and dont use NPC contact, you may want to bump this to top 2 priority, or even mix this in along with enough point to cancel tasks.

3b) Ability to fletch Broad arrows/bolts The ability to fletch Broad bolts are very nice. However, with a recent update that added a requirement of 55 Slayer, the market for these have fallen. However, it still is a decent method, so get this if you want.

4) Slayer dart vs Slayer experience Slayer dart. Always go slayer dart. The slayer experience costs a HUGE amount of points for the very miniscule amount of experience it gives. Do this once you completed EVERYTHING and have plenty of points to CANCEL tasks. (Not block. More explained below)

• [/hide]

[hide=What to Cancel/Block?]Notice how I not only said block, but I also said cancel. Even with the ability to block 4 tasks, there still are more tasks Jagex managed to make horrid. So, I will describe what to block, skip, or tasks that you should just use your own good judgment on. Red tasks are high priority, green is medium priority, and yellow is low priority. (This is Duradels task list, mainly because he is better. If you want to do Sumona, go ahead. You should know what to cancel/block after reading this.)

If you task is from Durdael and still not here, you must be mistaken about how bad that Slayer task is. Many people think the first on here would be Scarabites, but they are actually one of the best Slayer xp and charms in the game!

Steel Dragons -These are a HORRID task. They are extremely slow to kill, and theyre drops are only decent. They are crowded, and to top it off there are only 2 spots to kill them, and they are in a room with a large amount of aggressive Iron dragons.

Greater demons - Ok, so theyre not really a high priority block. However, if you are under 127 combat aggressive dogs will make slayer xp come by very slowly, and to top it off it is crowded along with little spawns. Even if you have 127+ combat, I would put this on a medium priority to switch.

Hellhounds -These were once a good slayer task, but now because of their bad charm drops not so much. They drop gold charms, which are bad in itself, but you have to Telekinetic grab them. Also, they are now much more crowded than before, due to newbs lacking the knowledge of how to really train Summoning. (Yes, they actually camp there to get Summoning xp, lol.)

Warped Terrorbirds -Theyre actually a great Slayer task. They are decently fast with a cannon, and their drops are good too. However, they drop no charms and you have to chime them, similar to Gargoyles and the Rock hammer. I hate Gargoyles for this reason too, lol. (Yeah, laziness kills)

Iron Dragons -Many people love them, but I for one has done very little Iron dragon slayer tasks. They are, again, crowded, and there are aggressive Steel dragons to pester you. They do have a decent charm drop rate, along with a decent income of cash. I would do this if you like these tasks, but I for one hate them and advise against them.

Kalphites -I skip them just because I hate them. They got a good experience rate going for them, but they have no drops and bad charm drops. To add to that, they are so crowded it is hard to find a world to set a cannon without somebody already cannoning, along with 2 newbs that are killing them with their Rune and dragon longs. Yes, they are extremely annoying.

Black dragons -The good part about them is that there are many ways to kill them. Want a decently fast task? Go do Baby blacks. Want a fun, challenging method? Go kill KBD. Want to do a easy, low attention demanding task? Go regular. However, none of these methods are really efficient, so they are also medium priority to block.

Goraks -Again, a decent task with a cannon but they drop no charms and they are assigned in very small numbers. However, they are a very fast task, so it may be worth doing these.

Mithril dragons - These are assigned in EXTREMELY small numbers, Im talking as low as 4! So, they arent really worth skipping, they are assigned in such small numbers, and they are fun to kill, and have a somewhat decent charm drop rate.

Gargoyles - I lie, lol. I just skip these personally because I HATE the whole idea of having to click excessive times just to kill a monster. Their movement is also very... jittery, which makes it extremely hard to kill them efficiently, and more importantly very annoying. They are a decent monster with decent experience and charm drops. Only skip if you HATE them like me.

This is what I do:

Blocked: Steel dragons, Iron dragons, Greater demons, and Kalphites/Hellhounds. (If you don't do Kalphites, skip those. They are far more common than hellhounds)

Tasks I skip are: Hellhounds, Warped terrorbird, and I sometimes skip Black dragons. I personally skip Gargoyles because I hate them. I don't reccomend you do so.

• [/hide]

Summoning

[hide=Basics of Summoning]Finally! My favorite skill. :D So, let's get started! Which familiar should you use? Well, there are combat familiars, Healing familiars, and Beasts of Burden. All of their up's a downs.

* Combat - They speed up Slayer by a good amount. However, it requires the location to be multicombat, so this can't be used all the time. All you hear is "Bunyip is great" or "Unicorn owns." While that is true, it doesn't make Combat familiars useless. Basically, if you use Combat familiars you lack the option of having a max hp bar all the time. So, you have to resort to Guthans. The time lost because you aren't using a combat familiar > The time lost using guthans. \:D/

* Healer - The only healer I recommend is the Bunyip and the Unicorn. (And possibly the Void spinner) This is because everything else is just too expensive! These can be used everywhere, and it makes Slayer MUCH more simple.

* Beasts of Burden - So where in all this greatness does Beasts of Burden fit in? Well, with their extra inventory spaces of course! How is that useful? You can now piety through entire tasks, and you have the luxury of having free inventory spaces at all times, instead of stressing out on inventory spaces.

So which to use...? Choose wisely... although there will be ideas on what to use on each monster section. This is just to give you an idea. Below are all the familiars and quick notes and descriptions on each.

• [/hide]

[hide=Combat Familiars]While determining this, max hit isn't the only factor. Accuracy is just as big, along with size, duration, ect.

The order of this is NOT from best to worst familiar. This is listing what familiar to use when you can. For example, the Abyssal titan isn't listed in the Combat familiar's section. This is because it is worse than the Wolpertinger, even though it has a higher requirement, thus having 0 reason to use it in combat.

This only goes to level 57, because anything under isn't worth the hassle.

1st: Steel titan (99, 230 Combat)

Max: 24

Hp: 754

Xp: Range

Time: 64 Minutes

Size: Large

Notes: Yeah, who didn't expect this? These dudes have the biggest max hit, and they are range based. These have a very nice defence and hp, so they'll last a while. Their special is 4 powerful range hits, but of course they are quite overpriced, currently 500 gp in the Grand exchange. Remember their second ability. They give 15% Constant invisible defence! I don't know why, but this always seems understated...

2nd: Iron titan (95, 220 Combat)

Max: 23

Hp: 694

Xp: Defence

Time: 60

Notes: Basically a lesser version of Steel titans. They also have a large max hit, at 23. They are defence based, so they could be preferred over Steel titans depending on what you killing and the xp you want. They're special is closely related, and also overly priced. Remember their second ability. They give 10% Constant invisible defence!

3rd: Wolpertingers (92, 220 Combat)

Max: 210

Hp: 651

Xp: Magic

Time: 62

Size: Small

Notes: THESE DON'T HIT HIGHER THAN STEEL TITANS. THEY DON'T. The reason why they sometimes are more accurate is because some monsters are weaker to mage then they are to melee or range. (Not the majority, but there are still some). Remember, smaller size means that they will dance less, which makes this preferable in some spots, especially if its small size and magic based attacks come in handy. (Black demons for one)

4th: Geyser (89, 200 Combat)

Max: 21

Hp: 610

Time: 69

Notes: This guy is the best combat familiar you have gotten in a while... Yeah, his special owns. However, specials should ony be used in PvP, so this guy would be ideal to use during pvp. This guy shouldn't be used if you have a Wolpertinger unless it's PvP and your using scrolls, or if his huge size doesn't matter, and the monster is weak to range.

Side Note: Rune Minotaurs. They last 150 minutes, and slightly worse than Swamp titans. They are the best defence xp familiar, besides Iron titans.

5th: Swamp titan (85, 152 Combat)

Max: 16

Hp: 152

Xp: Attack

Time: 56

Size:

Notes: Pretty underrated, but they aren't even close to as good as Geyser titans. Rune minotaur could be used if you want the 150 minutes it lasts for.

Side note: I heard that Hydras are better than Spirit dagannoths. Testing is required. (Max hit of 15)

6th: Spirit dagannoth (83, 148 Combat)

Max: 14, with special affect.

Hp: 528

Xp: Controlled

Time: 57

Size: Medium

Notes:"Ferocious - chance of attacking again without delay." This means that it can attack twice in a row, just like the Granite maul special attack. Yes, it is better than the Lava titan.

7th: Moss, Fire, Ice titans (79, 139 Combat)

Max: 15

Hp: 476

Xp: Stregnth Moss, Magic Fire, Attack Ice

Time: 58 Moss, 62 Fire, 64 Ice

Notes: The 3 starter pokemons! Just kidding, lol. Anyways, each have their uses, with Fire being the best, then Moss, then Ice. Ice is pretty much useless, as Strength xp is considered to be worth more than attack or defence. (Fact, due to the Abyssal whip). Fire is magic based, and that is a very good thing as most monsters are weak to mage. (Not all, but a good amount) Magic xp is worth more than melee. Their special cures 8 hp and 13 Defence. (Maxed)

8th: Talon beast (77, 135 Combat)

Max: 5, but they hit 3 times.

Hp: 454

Xp: Strength

Time: 49

Notes: They don't hit 1000x faster than normal familiars do. Although they seem like they do. They hit 3 times almost instantly, but there is a delay afterwords. Also, I would like to make note that they're secondary ingredient makes them not worth making. (Totally wrong section, yet I thought I should mention that...)

Side note: Granite lobsters are most likely better. I need to confirm.

9th: Obsidian golem (73, 126 Combat)

Max: 14

Hp: 406

Xp: Strength

Time: 55

Notes: They have a special that increases your strength. (Not sure how much, but I say Super str is far better so it's unimportant... to a degree).

10th: Karamthuhlu overlord (58, 95 Combat)

Max: 10

Hp: 276

Time: 44

Size: Small

Notes: These are pretty useful, and these are extremely behind the next useful fighting familiars. I guess it shows how bad everything is in between, lol. Jagex failed. These are very comparable to the Spirit kyatt.

11th: Spirit kyatt (57, 93 Combat)

Max: 10, with special affect

Hp: 268

Xp: Attack

Notes: These are the lowest level fighter familiars that you should use. Anything under isn't worth the hassle. These are weaker than the Karamthuhlu overlord, but their first hit is tripled, making its max 30. So for a low hp monster, use these. For monsters with high hp, use the Karamthuhlu.

• [/hide]

[hide=Healer familiars]1st: Unicorn stallion (88)

Hp: 100

Hostile: No

Notes: These are the king of healing familiars, curing 14 hp each scroll. That translates into 21 hp/minute, but their scroll is quite costly, so beware. These provide quick healing, unlike the Bunyip. They're rick click ability "Cure" cures poison, but provides no immunity. So it doesn't replace the Super anti poison.

2nd: Bunyip (68)

Hp: 40

Time: 44

Notes: These cures 2 hp automatically every 15 seconds. This translates into 8 hp per minute. So why did this familiar earn second place? First, they give hp automatically which means they require 0 effort to cure. Very useful while slaying hard monsters. Also, they're extremely cheap to used, not even comparable to Unicorns. Also, they're special ability allows you to eat raw fish, (if you have the cooking level to cook them) which is especially useful at Waterfiends. (The animation of eating is lagless, which means you can attack as though nothing happened. There is a delay between when you want the hp, and when you get it though.)

3rd: Moss, Fire, Ice titans (79)

Hp: 476

Time: 58, 62, 64 respectively.

Hostile: Yes

Notes: Being a good combat familiar it is, it has a huge amount of hp. Unlike the Unicorn stallion or the Bunyip, it actually can defend itself, and deals good damage. They're scrolls are expensive as well, and doesn't cure as much as the Unicorn, however. (8 hp and 13 def at maxed stats, or 12 hp per minute) There is more information on the Combat familiar section.

4th: Fruit bat (69)

Hp:

Time: 45

Notes: These guy's uses are extremely situational, and mostly used in GWD or Mithril dragons. Their main use is the scroll special, which drops Papayas (along with a myriad of other fruits). They cure 8 each, with almost an infinite supply. They are expensive though, and slow to eat.

5th: Void spinner (34)

Hp: 59

Time: 27

Notes: A miniature version of a Bunyip in most aspects, curing 1 hp every 15 seconds.

6th: Albino rat(23)

Hp: 68

Time: 22

Notes: The uses are somewhat similar to a Fruit bat, but instead of the fruits appearing on the floor the rat forages and stores up to 30 of them. Also, he makes Cheese (2hp) instead of Fruits(8hp)...

• [/hide]

[hide=Beasts of Burden]1st: Pack yak (96)

Slots: 30

Time: 58

Notes: These holds 30 spaces, which is 65% more than the second place. They also have a special that allows you to bank 1 item it is holding. Although that may sound useless, it's uses are definite. It consumes 12 points (2.5 per minute) and you can use it to bank items such as Dragon bones and hides, mining runite ores, ect. It is also alot cheaper than the War tortoise.

2nd: War tortoise (67)

Slots: 18

Time: 67

Notes: Controversy starts here. The War tortoise costs approximately 5,000 each, while the terrorbird is around 200 each. Big difference right? But 6 inventories is alot, but not always neccisary. I would say use it if you need to, such as if your raising prayer via Gilded altar. If the Beasts of burden is just there to support and a just in case, use the Terrorbird.

3rd: Spirit terrorbird (52)

Slots: 12

Time: 36

Notes:Read above, to War tortoises. These guys are cheap. Dead cheap. Along with their scrolls. They are also extremely useful, and have many applications. Need some extra inventories and energy for your Herb farming runs? Bring these alongs, and it comes at virtually no cost! Serious, this is a very useful familiar. They restore energy equal to half of your agility level.

4th: Bull ant (40)

Slots: 9

Time: 30

Notes: It's your first useful Beasts of burden, and it's very useful. In fact, the energy restoration is equal to that of a Spirit terrorbird! (Half of your agility level) However, they also cost ALOT more, over 10x more.

Side note: Other Beasts of burden include: Spirit kalphites (25, 6 slots) and Thorny snail (13, 3 slots)

• [/hide]

The slayer tasks

[hide=Finally, this is the meat of this guide]Yeah, this is the section that you've all been waiting for. How to actually kill the monsters. I will describe where, how, and everything else you need to know for your Slayer needs.

These will be in Alphabetical order, so it will be easy to search for monsters. The Paranthesis () means the Slayer level required to slay them. I will include all tasks for Duradel's task list, so if you use Sumona, I'm (not) sorry. Just use Duradel, he's that much better. But before I start, please read the equipment sections below.

• [/hide]

[hide=Standard equipment]The standard equipment is what you wear to most slayer tasks, although some require tweaking. Lol, I would like to apologize for the fact that I don't have perfect equipment. If you want to know what they are, just go up and look at the section about equipment.

This is the standard equipment. If you want Prayer boost, wear a Proselyte plate and legs, and if your fighting a magic based monster, wear Karils top and bottom. Also, remember that there are many setups that will be discussed, and that these are just the basic forms of those.

summonbt4.png

• [/hide]

[hide=Abberant Spectres (60)]There are many methods to go about killing this highly underrated monster. They are the best Herb droppers in the game, and not to mention they drop many Clue scrolls and Herb seeds, along with Lava battle staffs, Black mystic bottom, and Rune full helms all very commonly. They are Blue charm droppers, so they aren't the best charm droppers. I usually end up with 10 of each charm, which isn't bad. However, they pack quite a punch, so it is recommended you use Protection from Magic.

They are located in two locations. One is the Slayer tower, and another is the Slayer well. They are both viable locations to kill Abberant spectres, the Slayer tower isn't quite as good.

Method 1 - Prayer and Cannon - This method is the recommended method. You will take a cannon to the Slayer well, where you will just simply kill them. It is extremely fast experience, and they drop enough Ranarrs and other Herbs to cover the costs. Remember, this is the recommended method but definetely not the only. For the familiar your choices are a Combat familiar or a Beasts of burden. I would personally use a Combat familiar if you have a Geyser titan+, but if not bring a War tortoise/Bird. (War tortoise will result in more profit. If you have a Pack yak, obviously use it.)

Wear standard equipment, but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs, or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 2 - Prayer and melee - Well, this method is alot slower than method 1. However, it doesn't take ~1k cannonballs for each task. You can either kill them in the Slayer well or the Slayer tower. Both are easily accessable with the Slayer ring, but they both have their uses. Slayer tower is non multi combat, but aggressive. If your using a Beasts of burden, as aggressiveness leads to much more simple and less attention demanding killing. However, if you want to speed it up go to the Slayer tower. It is multi combat, so you can use a combat familiar. The bad part is they aren't aggressive, and they don't drop Mystic bottoms. (Confirmation please? I've done at least 5 tasks there without a Mystic drop... I usually get one every 1-2 tasks at Slayer tower.) I would also like to note that you can kill them in the Well without a Slayer mask (Nosepeg instead). You will be brought to 1 hp, but the poisonous gas will never kill you. In fact, I used this method quite a bit before I obtained the Slayer mask. (Wear a salve amulet if you don't have a Slayer mask)

Wear standard equipment, but replace top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs, or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 3 - Melee with no prayer - As I've said, they pack quite a punch with their Magic attacks. This means you will bank quite a bit... which in this case, is a good thing! This allows you to not only pick up Ranarrs, but all high level herbs! This results in a good amount of money made per task. I would personally use a Beasts of burden, but you could use a Unicorn Stallion to stay longer. This, however, literally destroys the purpose of using this method... Kill them in the Slayer tower.

Wear standard melee equipment, but replace the top and bottom with Karils top and bottom. Black dragon hide can be a substitute, but Abberant spectres hit so high that it is worth using Karils.

• [/hide]

[hide=Abyssal demons (85)]Abyssal demons. The monster that dropped the highly coveted Abyssal whips. Before, they were extremely common and you were easily able to gain 3m+ gp/hour. (Or 20+ million when the first few people obtained 85 slayer) However, time passed, prices stabilized and crashed. Now, you barely make even close to as much cash, but they drop... CHARMS!

Did you know? That when Summoning was introduced, they dropped no charms? That was soon corrected (Summoning batch 2) when Jagex learned that Abyssal demons aren't as great as they once were.

This is a monster that I would advise using 10% str prayer against. Although you obviously don't have to, it is highly recommended. Also, piety is also very useful here. Possibly the best place to use it. The attack bonuses really does help at a monster like Abyssal demons, so heck, it's an option.

There are two locations to kill them. The Alternate abyss, which is the more preferable one, only requires the access of Fairy codes (ALR). However, unless you have over 118 combat the Abyssal guardians will be hostile towards you, just like wild dogs until 127 combat. If you don't have 118 combat, go to the Slayer tower. It's pretty basic, but don't forget your nosepeg/Slayer helm! It helps if you have a Slayer ring, as it allows faster access to Abyssal demons.

The actual killing is quite simple. They have pretty high defence and an extremely low offence, so don't expect fast combat experience from here. Instead, they are more of a hybrid of Combat xp, cash, and charms. (as inefficient as they may be) They teleport you around, as well as teleporting themselves towards you if you try to run! That means always turn auto retaliate ON, because when it teleports you, your attack cycle is interrupted but you won't lose an attack turn if you have your auto retaliate on.

You can bring a Bunyip, Unicorn, or a Terrorbird. If you piety, I would bring a Terrorbird as you need the extra inventory spaces for Prayer potions. If you bring a Unicorn, you can wear a Proselyte leg for added prayer bonus.

Wear standard equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte top and Verac's skirt. If your praying and using a Unicorn, you could replace Verac's skirt with a Proselyte leg.

• [/hide]

[hide=Black demon (0)]Yay for one of the most underrated monsters in the game! This monster is probably known to be as bad as he is because of the massive amount of people who range him in the Tavelry dungeon (They have HUGE life). That is a stupid idea, mainly because the ones in Chaos tunnels drop Charms much more often. This is because Jagex made one type of Black demon drop no charms, and another drop a massive amount of charms. To make Tavelry a little better, they decided to add some of the Black demons that drops charms in Tavelry. But, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't use the ones in Tavelry at all. There is the option of Cannoning, which speeds up the task considerably!

They drop many Rune mediums, Rune chainbodies, and Ranarrs every task. As I've said, they have massive HP, enough to even say that they are one of the highest. Their max hit is 14, and they hit quite accurately. I love these tasks, as they have one of the best Charm drop rates in the game (Almost comes to par with Waterfiends), but they have (again) a huge amount of hp which slows the charms down. (But comes with ALOT of xp)

So which is better, Tavelry or Chaos tunnels? Unless you already have high Summoning and don't want any more, the answer is Chaos tunnels. Also, remember that you can use a combat familiar in the Chaos tunnels.

Method 1 - Melee + Prayer, Chaos tunnels - If you've read my Summoning guide, you know how good they are for charms. It is multi combat, which means you can use a Combat familiar. The other option is to use a Beasts of burden, which allows you to Piety. (This is a good task to use it on, although you don't need the defence, obviously) There are 4 in this room, and I recommend the 2 on the east unless there is somebody already there. If somebody is already there, the west works perfectly fine but it is cramped and it is harder to use the combat familiar.

It is pretty simple to kill them, like many other Slayer monsters. Just attack them, and call your combat familiar. If you use 10% str, use a combat familiar but if you use piety I really would recommend a Beasts of burden familiar.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte, or Monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 2 - Melee, Chaos tunnels - Well, this isn't really accessible for most people. It requires 88 Summoning, which is one hell of a task. Anyways, if you have it, great for you. However, it requires you to pay much more attention than praying, and you lose speed due to not having the ability to use a Combat familiar. If you're going to do this, using piety will help ALOT. Sadly, you can't use a Proselyte top or anything, so you'll be lacking some prayer bonus... However, I say it's worth it as you also save scrolls. You will have to bank twice, though.

Wear standard melee equipment.

Method 3 - Ranging - In my Summoning guide, I mentioned this as being "The only viable range monsters for charms." That being said, these can be ranged. But... you lose the ability to use a Black mask, which is huge. But then again, by the time you get 99 Slayer you want 99 Range, so why not? Use the top passage as a safespot, and kill the ones to the east and west. You can't use a combat familiar while ranging, which is also another bad point.

Wear standard Range equipment.

Method 4: Ranging and Cannon - Well, this is the fastest, and can even be said the most efficient... err... if it wasn't for charms. This method gives almost no charms, compared to the ~50 crimson a task at Black demons. If you really want the fast xp, go for it. However, Slayer is best trained in conjunction with Summoning, so...

Anyways, on to the method. First, get into the room with the Black demons. I'll assume you know how, but if not, look at a map. Then, go to the very north east, set your cannon and range from here:

(picture)

Use standard range equipment.

• [/hide]

[hide=King black dragon (Black dragon)(0)]I decided to separate all 3 Black dragons because I can go extremely in depth for the KBD, and they are so different.

If you get a Black dragon task, remember that this is a great option! These also drops Black dragonhides and bones, giving constant profit. Also, these drops the highly sought Dragonic visage! You could either go with a team or solo, but I will recommend solo. This is because lootshare worlds are packed with newbs. The thing I love about the King black dragon (From now on going to be dubbed KBD) is that there are MANY methods to kill them, and Ill be covering most of them! (Yay!) Melee solo is the best method, though. Remember that these drop charms very commonly and in packs of 4, making it by far the best out of the 3 Black dragons.

But before that, I will be discussing how to get there. There are many choices, but I will be covering the best methods.

1) Requires 96 Magic (92 with Magic potion) Do not use a Wolpertinger to teleport, although regular potions works fine. This is because you will have to sacrifice Beasts of Burdens. You will be at the Ice platue next to Ice giants, so run south east. This is EXTREMELY fast, but you must be on Ancient magicks, with the spell Ghorrock teleport. (2 Laws, 8 waters. 2 inventory spaces consumed)

2) Lava titans. Though they dont require a hefty Magic level, they arent as close and you cant use a Beasts of burden! Although this is overall bad, it does have its merits. You can now have much inventory spaces if you decide to summon a Beasts of burden familiar (Bad idea though, since a Unicorn/Bunyip is better.) Walk along the Lava maze. So this doesnt really have a bunch of good points, except the banking is much quicker than method 3.

3) This is a more recent method, but definitely good. Teleport to Bounty hunter using your Games necklace, and walk a little southeast to a portal. Keep randomly teleporting around until you get to the one next to the King black dragon. This replaced the old method, which was using the Ardougne lever, and walking all the way to the King black dragon. (as this current one has no requirements as well)

OMG A REVENANT!

Pushover, seriously. Revenants are as stupid as a rock, literally. They dont know how to *walk around* obstacles. Seriously, abuse their stupidity. They can teleblock you, which is the most annoying thing they can do. Besides that, they have the ability to deal damage and freeze you. Just run south and eat, while praying range (They freeze with this, not their mage!). When you exit the wilderness, your teleblock will dissipate, allowing you to rebank and retry. Or, the second option is if you are next to a tree or a obstacle, trap them, log off, and switch worlds.

/Revenants, lol.

Ok, now were there, past the annoying obstacles Jagex calls Revenants. What now? Well, you should see many lesser demons. Pot up, go down the ladder, and pull the lever in the room with Poisonous spiders. (Note that if youre teleblocked, you cant go into the KBDs lair.) What you do once your inside depends on the route you decided to take.

Method 1 - Team, Melee/Range - If you decided to kill them in a team, this is what you do. First, go in. You and your team should be ready, potted up and praying. Unlike the newer bosses in Runescape, this one doesnt lock onto one target. This means itll keep twirling around, (It looks like an idiot while doing that, lol.) and attacking random targets. If you decided to bring a Godsword, itll be tough for you. Only do this with a team. Pray range, and pot up your Anti fire potion. Theyre max hit isnt that high, but watch your hp and your prayer. If you decided to go with a team with standard melee and a (Anti)dragonfire shield, itll be simple. Just whack away. Same applies for range. Yeah, going with a team is easy.

For range, wear standard range equipment but a Anti dragonfire shield.

For melee, wear standard melee equipment but replace the top, bottom, and shield with a Karils top and bottom, and a (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

Method 2 - Solo Melee/Range -

Now if you solo, its a different story. I will be going more in depth for this one, as there is more to cover. Dont use a godsword here, youll be getting hit too constantly and theres nobody to bless your grave if you happen to meet a revenant while trying to retrieve you grave. If you use a Abyssal whip, its pretty simple as well. Make sure you use piety. Try to empty out your Beasts of burden as soon as possible, especially if youre using a Titan/Unicorn! (Bunyip too) They have a hefty defence, so dont expect too much kills per trip.

If you range, its almost the same as melee. Use 10% range prayer, and Protect from mage. If you use Ruby bolts for the dragons first half life and Diamond for the second half, youll be getting kills pretty quick. Probably only passed by melee if you are on a Slayer task.

However, soloing comes with its downfalls. Not only do you get less kills per trip, but you can get crashed! If you do happen to get crashed, try to fight them back. Thats what I do (although Im 133 combat during the time this was typed) Give him all you got. Repot, piety, and unleash your specials. Try to make the guy switch worlds. However, if you just cant, retreat to a corner of the room. The KBD should focus on the crasher as long as you dont attack it. Same goes if youre in a team. (Although if you have a good team, this probably wont happen)

If meleeing, standard melee equipment but replace the top, bottom, and shield with Proselyte plate and legs, and (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

If ranging, wear standard range equipment but replace the shield with a (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

• [/hide]

[hide=Black dragon (0)]Ok, by far the worst method to do a Black dragon task, ironically. Kill them in the evil chicken room in Zanaris, and range them. Seriously, don't do this method, it's THAT bad.

Wear standard range equipment, but use an (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

• [/hide]

[hide=Baby black dragon(0)]*You do need a (Anti)Dragonfire shield!* Well, they're the weakest of the 3. Sadly, they are the most efficient. But KBD is much more fun, lol. Any who, you kill them in the Chaos tunnels and they drop nothing but a few charms. To get there, go to the Chaos tunnels entrance at 13 wilderness, and you should be a room filled with Cave bugs. Go northeast, and enter the portal. Now you should be in a room with Green dragons and baby black dragons. Ignore the greens, and kill the greens.

Wear standard melee equipment, but replace the shield with (Anti)Dragonfire shield.

• [/hide]

[hide=Bloodvelds (50)]Bloodvelds are one of the fastest slayer tasks in the game. You have the ability to cannon, and it speeds up the task by a load. They don't drop much, bad for charms, but they have a monstrous amount of hp, and they do a lot of damage so make sure you pray melee if you kill Mutated bloodvelds. The other method is to kill the weaker bloodvelds, but Ill get more in depth later.

Method 1 - Cannon + Melee + Pray - Alright, this is the best method to kill these. First, go to the Blood altar and head southeast, until you are in the room with many mutated bloodvelds. Set your cannon down, and fire away! Seriously, it's that simple here. They drop a few gold charms, and your familiar might die, lol. It's an easy task that doesn't demand attention, but watch out! If your prayer runs out, you die fast. You spend a lot of cannonballs here, over 2000 each task. It's still one of the best slayer tasks in the game. I would not recommend you 10% pray here, as your cannon will be doing a lot of the work.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs, or monk robes if you don't have them.

Method 2 - Cannon + Melee + Pray - What? Same method? Well, no. Basically do the exact same thing as method 1, except go to the room to the west. There will be normal cannonable bloodvelds there, and it doesn't require you to pray. Again, use a combat familiar and cannon. This is a lot slower than method 1, and I don't see a need in doing this method.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace top and bottom with Karils top and bottom.

Method 3 - Melee - Very fast for just meleeing, but it doesn't come close to method 2, let alone method 1. I would do this only if you havn't done Legacy of Seergaze, which I HIGHLY recommend you do. Go to the Slayer tower and melee them. It is possible to range, but I would just melee as it is much faster. Use a Bunyip if you have one.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace top and bottom with Karils top and bottom.

• [/hide]

[hide=Dagannoths(0)]There are 2 methods to kill them, and they are completely opposite. One is fast, low charms, and costly while another is slower, decent charms, and profitable. Dagannoths hit quite hard depending on where you go, so expect to pray.

Method 1: Melee + Cannon - This is the best method to go about doing these. Teleport to Barbarian outpost using your dueling ring, and then run north. Get inside the tower, and go down the ladder. Go to the middle of the room, and set your cannon. There are plenty of noobs here, sadly. Use a combat familiar.

Method 2: Melee - Yay for charms. This is another great way to go about doing this, and it's a lot more profitable, too. Basically, you protect from range, and you whack away. They drop many fremennik items which you alch, crimson charms, and a few hides which sell for 5k+.

To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest. Pray melee against the zombies, and go northwest again into a room with Zamorak mages. Go out through the other exit into the Dust devil room. (you don't need a facemask but DON'T attack them!) Go west into black demons, go west again into a room with Earth warriors and northwest into the Daggannoth room.

Wear standard equipment but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs.

• [/hide]

[hide=Dark beast(90)]*Will add info later, maybe when I obtain enough information on it*

• [/hide]

[hide=Dust devils(65)]Please, stop. The Dragon chain drop is EXTREMELY rare from them. 1/20,000 rare, so don't expect one just from doing Slayer. It's a possibility, yes, but don't bank on it. Besides that, though, they are a very good source of combat experience, and good for charms as well. They come with some decent drops, such as Rune arrows and many alchables. They also have very low defence. There are two locations to kill them - The chaos tunnels or the Smokey well. The smokey well is non multi combat, is cannonable, but you can't use a combat familiar.

Method 1 - Melee, Chaos tunnels - Here the Dust devils are very close together, resulting in very easy experience. It should be noted that you should use a combat familiar here, it will speed things up. I personally kill them around the east, as there are many dust devils and there tends to be less people there.

To get here, To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest. Pray melee against the zombies, and go northwest again into a room with Zamorak mages. Now head to the other exit, and you'll be there!

Wear standard equipment, but replace your helmet with a Facemask if you don't have a Slayer helmet.

Method 2 - Cannon and melee, Smokey wells - This method is much more costly, and a little faster. It is very possible to kill them at using a Cannon, but they aren't that many and they are pretty split up. Go to the main room, which is the very southwest. Set your cannon up, and melee. However, you can't use a combat familiar. Overall, this method is worse than the Chaos tunnels.

Wear standard equipment, but replace your helmet with a Facemask if you don't have a Slayer helmet.

• [/hide]

[hide=Fire giants(0)]Fire giants have a very low defence, they drop many gold charms, and have a decent drop list. There are many locations to kill them, and they can be quite crowded at times at the Waterfall. I don't reccomend using the Brimhaven location, as you might as well use the Chaos tunnels. It's easier to access, multi combat, and no wild dogs (which automatically makes it not worth it if you under 127 combat).

Method 1 - Melee, Chaos tunnels - To get there, go to the Zamorak mage and go West for about 15 seconds, and go in the hole next to the Scorpian. If your in the room with the Giant rock crabs, you're in the right spot. Go directly west, and you'll be there. It is multicombat, so you don't want to stand right in the middle and get mashed around. Hide in a corner, and blow the whistle as the fire giants attack to call your familiar. You should have enough food if your higher leveled, but you if you are lower you might have to do two. Piety helps alot here.

Method 2 - Range and cannon/no cannon, Waterfall - I, personally, don't suggest this spot. Although this spot is faster, it takes alot of hopping worlds to find a world. Basically, hide at the enterence (where everybody hides) and set up your cannon in the middle. Fire away, and range them while you're in your safespot. If your not cannoning, just hide there and range. Remember if they are not aggressive towards you, you can hide behind the table and chairs.

Wear standard range equipment.

• [/hide]

[hide=Gargoyles(75)]Eh, I hate these. Not because of anything besides they're tendency to fly around all jittery making it hard to use the Rock hammer, and it takes a LOT of attention to finish this task at a reasonable speed. Anyways, there are two locations to kill them.

Wether you decide to kill them, it's straight up annoying. If you kill them in Chaos tunnels (recommended) you can use a combat familiar. If not, just go to the Slayer tower. Try to be fast when clicking these, and have the hammer already on the Gargoyle before it's hp bar goes down. It move around so much it takes a while before you can actually click it, it's so annoying.

• [/hide]

[hide=Goraks(0)]These are fast to kill, but they drop no charms. When you start killing these, you'll notice very quickly their very high drop rate of unnoted gems and Loop half keys. They hit through protection prayers. These are located at the God war dungeon and at another area accessable through the Fairy rings. (Which I will now call "Gorak's Plane." I highly reccomend you don't kill them at God war dungeon however, as they are extremely slow experience.

The goraks we'll be killing can be accessed by using the Fairy code DIR. If your in the Fairy ring, they won't attack you. However, the moment you step out they will become highly aggressive towards you, and even if you step back into the Fairy ring they will still remain aggressive.

Method 1 - Cannon + Piety + Melee - Set your cannon down, and melee away. Try to get 2 shots every spin of the cannon. I would highly reccomend you piety here as well, the extra defence boost helps alot. Obviously since it is non multi, I would reccomend you use a Healer familliar. You don't need a beasts of burden even if you piety as the number assigned per task is extremely small.

Method 2 - Range + Cannon/no cannon - There are many safespots here, so Ranging is a perfectly viable choice. You can also use a cannon, it will speed you up greatly.

Wear standard ranging equipment.

• [/hide]

[hide=Greater demons(0)]At first glance, they are a reasonably good task. Decent drops, decent charms, and an (somewhat below) average experience. However, don't judge a book by its cover. This task is very crowded, and aren't many spawns even in the best of locations. There are many locations to kill them, but only one is a viable training location, which is the Brimhaven dungeon. If your under 127 combat, Wild dogs will pester you to no end, which makes the task one of the worst in the game. If your under 127 combat, skip this task. If not, start at Ardougne, run to the docks and sail to Karajma. Then, go south until you see many gold ores, and pay the man at the enterence. After that, it should be self explanatory, or just look at a map to find out how to get there.

• [/hide]

[hide=Hellhounds(0)]These are a decent task. They drop many Gold charms, give fast slayer experience, tends to be crowded, must you a cannon to be efficient, and you must telekenitic grab the Gold charms. As you can see, Hellhounds comes with many strong and weak points, but they have too many weak points.

I would in fact recommend you stay away from this task, although it's not that bad. You can melee or range, cannon or no cannon.

Method 1 - Melee/range , Cannon/no cannon - Set your cannon up. There are many locations to choose from, including the very bottom next to where many rangers hide, or the very top, closer to the poisonous spiders but still overlooking the hellhounds at the bottom. After you set up your cannon, rather melee them, or hide in one of the many safespots you see and range.

For melee, wear standard melee equipment.

For range, wear standard range equipment.

Method 2 - Melee/range - Even more simple. If your meleeing, just melee and if your ranging hide behind the many stalagmites and rocks you see.

For melee, wear standard melee equipment.

For range, wear standard range equipment

• [/hide]

[hide=Iron dragons(0)]They have high defence, so the experience rate isn't going to be great. However, they are decent for charms, have very nice common drops, and drops Dragon(ic) legs/skirts/visage. If your going to do this task, I would highly recommend you piety for maximum speed.

Stay to the east, so there will be no Steel dragons to pester you. If you don't know how to get here, read the guide on how to kill Greater demons. Use Protection from melee and use Piety if you want.

Wear standard equipment, but replace the top and bottom with Proselyte plate and legs.

• [/hide]

[hide=Kalphites(0)]Once considered to be one of the best Slayer tasks in the game. Now... not so much. They are infected by newbs, so it is very hard to find a good world.

Exit through Shantay pass, go west to the Kalphite layer, put your rope down, and keep walking until you come to the room with many Kalphite soldiers. Set your cannon down, and melee using a combat familiar. If your lucky, nobody will already be there. They drop blue charms, which is a bad thing.

You could also kill the Kalphite guardians, but they are extremely slow, and the Kalphite queen is good too if you want a challenge. ;)

• [/hide]

[hide=Mithril dragons(0)]These are an extremely fun task, and you only have to slay very little per task. (4-8) I would honestly say that even though this task is inefficient, it spices up Slayer so I would recommend you do them.

They have many good drops, including very common Runite drops, and they drop 3 Mithril bars and Dragon bones 100% of the time. They also drop very common Green charms (in piles of 4) and have a small chance of dropping a Dragonic visage or even the Dragon full helmet.

They are very easily accessable using the Games necklace. Go south, and enter the whirlpool. Use protect from magic, run past the Brutal green dragons, and up the stairs. You should now be in a room full of Mithril dragons.

These Mithril dragons have a very strange nature. They tend to attack you even though you are getting attacked! (Yes, it's non multi!) This results in very frustrating kills. However, this can be remedied by using the very northern spawn. This is the best one to kill, as there is only one spawn in range, and it spawns very fast. Also, you can stand right in the middle and not get attacked at all!

I would advise your melee, as the Slayer helmet greatly increases the speed in which you kill these. Also, you must use Protection from melee and Piety, as Mithril dragons have a tremendous amount of defence. Use a Bunyip or a Unicorn, although a Fruit bat can be used here. You cannot bring familiars in the whirlpool, so no Beasts of burden.

Wear standard melee equipment but replace the top, bottom, and shield with a (Anti)Dragonfire shield, Karils top, and Karils skirt.

• [/hide]

[hide=Nechryaels(80)]They aren't quite the money maker they used to be, but they are still great for money, experience, and charms. You can kill them using Red chinchompas, but I would suggest against that. They are extremely expensive. Nechryaels summons deaths spawns and their attacks are Magic, so you can't use protection prayer and Dharok.

They are located in Chaos tunnels and Slayer tower. The Slayer tower has 0 benifits over the Chaos tunnels, so I would advise against it. Use a combat familiar, and ignore the Death spawns.

To get there, go to the Zamorak mage (entrance to abyss) and go down the ropes next to him. You are now in the Chaos tunnels. There should be 4 gargoyles, and head northwest. Pray melee against the zombies, and go northwest again into a room with Zamorak mages. Go out through the other exit into the Dust devil room. (you don't need a facemask but DON'T attack them!) Go west into black demons, go west again into a room with Earth warriors and northwest into the Daggannoth room, then northeast into the Nechryael room.

• [/hide]

[hide=Scarabites(0)]

• [/hide]

[hide=Skeletal wyverns(72)]Visage! I bet thats what you guys thought when you say Skeletal Wyverns, lol. (And maybe Granite legs and 72 Slayer) Well, these guys are not only a good dropper of Visages and Granite legs, but they have a 100% drop of Wyvern bones! (They do sell, although it may take a while) They are also an excellent dropper of Crimson charms!

They are actually pretty strong, so be prepared. A Dragonfire shield is extremely helpful, but of course, along with every other expensive item in the game, they are unnecessary. Mind shields are more than enough, and can be purchased at the Grand exchange for a few measly gps.

There are many known methods for killing this special dragon, including Ranging, meleeing, and other unorthodox methods. However, I will be covering my own method of killing these dragons. We will be using a Whip while Praying protection from melee, and pietying along with full melee armour. Thats right. Protection from melee and Melee armour. You may be thinking Is he stupid? It mages FFS! but its magic attack isnt really a magic attack. In fact, its actually a range AND a mage attack! Theyre Dragonbreath has two variations. The range one is a animation less, but for the magic attack, its a blue spray coming from him mouth. (They have different sounds, as well) The mage attack is strong and can freeze you, but is used less often. Therefore, you should protect from melee and wear melee defensive armour. Antifire potions and Salve amulets do NOT work.

Head: Black mask >

Amulet: Fury > Glory (Salve does NOT work here)

Top: Bandos > Dharoks/Torags/Guthans

Bottom: Veracs skirt > Bandos

Weapon: Whip

Shield: Dragonfire shield > Mind shield

Cape: Fire cape > Trimmed skillcape > Obsidian/Untrimmed skillcape > legends

Boots: Dragon boots

Ring: Berserker > Explorers ring> Warrior

There are two methods to get here. First, is if you have access to Fairy rings. If you have a Mounted glory in your house, use the altar and teleport to Edgeville. If you dont have a mounted glory, just teleport directly to Edgeville using a glory. Head east, and recharge your Summoning points at the obelisk. Go south, and type in Fairy code AIQ. Head north, and recharge your prayer (If you didnt at your house) and go to the Asgarnian Ice caves.

The second method (which is quite unorthodox) requires you to teleport to your house if you have a mounted glory. Same deal. Recharge your prayer and teleport to Al khadrid (Not Edgeville!) if you have it, but if you dont have a mounted glory, just teleport to Al khadrid using a Dueling ring/Glory ring. Bank, then talk to Shantay and tell him youre an Outlaw. He should throw you in prison, conveniently close to the Ice caves. Head a few steps north, and recharge your summoning points. Head south into the Ice caves.

Ok, now your there. Just follow the path past the Muggers, Pirates, Hobgoblins, until you reach Ice giants/Warriors. Go through the cave, and youre there! Remember, dont go in without a Mind shield/Dragonfire shield. Kill them near the enterence, and kill the one to the west of the enterence. Much like Mithril dragons, you can get attacked by another Wyvern while getting attacked by one, even in single combat! This leads to annoying kills, and the other Wyvern heals much of its life. This is remedied by killing the one west of the enterence. (To some point)

They drop a myriad of items, but the most notable are: Dragonic visage, Granite legs, and Wyvern bones. And of course, Snakeskin chaps! (Just kidding, lol. However, they look somewhat like Granite legs on the floor dont get excited. ) The Wyvern bones should only be picked up if you have extra inventory spaces. They drop a lot of Rune bolts, Adamant bolts, Pure essence, and many alchables. You should bring alching runes.

Now, about which familiar to use! This is very interesting, as there are MANY choices to choose from! However, the most notable are definitely: War tortoise, Bunyip, Unicorns, and Pack yaks. There are many choices and combinations to choose from, but I would use the best Beasts of burden available, and use the best healer as well. You CAN allow your Beasts of burden familiar to live even when your inventory is clear enough to dismiss it. This is one of the two choices available in this situation. You can either Summon a healing familiar, or allow it to hold bones (or other goodies). I would personally dismiss it and summon a healing familiar. (Which is highly recommended even if you only have a bunyip.)

• [/hide]

[hide=Spiritual mages(83)]They were until recently very great for money. Now, they are only decent, and only drop charms. First, you must decide which of the four Spiritual mages you must kill.

Armadyl - Must range/mage, not worth killing these.

Bandos - More defence, not worth killing these.

So now we're left with Zamorak and Saradomin. Zamorak requires prayer, but Saradomin mages are always fightning another monster, which makes them require no food or prayer! So which is better? I'll be blunt, and say that Zamorak mages are better. They have much lower defence and hp, and they are clumped together unlike the Saradomin wizards.

To get there, teleport using the Trollheim teleport. (You can walk all the way around, or you can just do the quest...) Climb down the rocks to the west, and Run past the thrower trolls with Protection from Range. (aggressive until level 137/138 combat!) They never miss, ever. Now, go through the crevice (faster than the boulder, although if you don't have 60 agility you can use the boulder...) then run north with Protection from Melee. Climb down the rope, turn on Protection from Magic, and run north past the bridge. (No familiars allowed until you're on the other side.) Go east and kill the ones near the enterence of the Boss. REMEMBER TO TAKE A ZAMORAK ITEM!

They hit very high, so be prepared. Always use Protection from Magic, and use a combat familiar. It will die at least once, even using the strongest of combat familiars. You should get 1 dragon boot per task on average.

Wear standard melee equipment, but replace the top, bottom, and shield with a Proselyte plate, legs, and a Unholy book.

• [/hide]

[hide=Steel dragons(0)]These are now the WORST task in the game! Seriously, there is 0 reason to do this. To stress this out even more, I'm not going to write a guide on them. They are just THAT bad. You'll be spending all day trying to finish this task.

• [/hide]

[hide=Suquas(0)]A super fast task. Teleport using your Astral tablet (Do the minigames just for this, it's very fast unless your on Lunar mage) and west, then north. You should go past the village, and into Suqua territory. They use Magic attacks, so use Protection from Magic! Set up your cannon, and summon your Combat familiar. You will need food as they melee as well.

• [/hide]

[hide=Warped terrorbirds(56)]*incomplete*

Definetely an underrated task, but I hate the idea of having to use a chime just to kill it. It's better than the Gargoyle, as it's not as jittery... but it's still horrible. However, that's just my opinion, it really isn't that bad. You must use Protection from range and Piety really helps for the defence bonuses.

To get there, start at the Grand exchange. Bank, and talk to the Spirit tree. *unfinished*

• [/hide]

[hide=Waterfiends(0)]Waterfiends are weak to crush attacks, and attack with range and mage. They are located in the Chaos dungeons and the Ancient cavern. They are the best Crimson charm dropper. They are extremely fast, and they doesnt cost a ludicrous amount of money, such as bursting Rock lobsters. In fact, you now make money here. Alot. To get to them in the Ancient cavern, go down into the whirlpool (Must have started Barbarian training minigame) and follow the map. Pray mage when you get to the brutal green dragons. Anti dragon fire shield is not required.

Don't kill them in the Ancient cavern unless you have a Steel titan. It really helps if you have 1-5 helpers, but it's not neccessary. Use Piety and Protection from range. Again, without the helpers I would not recommend this method, and getting the helpers is a big hassle.

summonge6.png

Make sure you use Crush! This is the most vital factor of Waterfiend slaying.

You can either use Piety + Protection from Range half the time, or Protection from Range. If you have 88 Summoning, definetely use Piety. If you don't I would use Protection from Range, but you can if you have access to a Bunyip and his amazing Scroll ability.

• [/hide]

inuyashakent-2.png

FYI Your siggy is messed up =\

Idk if you noticed, but it says ur level 0/99 so I guess its not reading ur stats right =(

(I keep looking at it wondering how you're getting summon levels faster than me range lol)

EDIT: Also, in your "What familiars are good to use?" section that has all those hide things, your missing the summoning dream for everyone. You don't have an entry for unicorn @ 88 ;)

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

Eh, it does that sometimes, it fixes itself.

As for me catching up, I'm taking a break and fishing... not because I'm bored of it though, I have my reasons.

EDIT: Also, in your "What familiars are good to use?" section that has all those hide things, your missing the summoning dream for everyone. You don't have an entry for unicorn @ 88

Whhhhhaaaat? I could've sworn I remember writing one...

inuyashakent-2.png

Monster: Fire Giants (Waterfall Dungeon)

Amount: 122

Crimson: 6

Green: 9

Gold: 69

Blue: 1

PS: Maybe you should ask where the monster was killed. You said yourself that the black demons in Chaos tunnels drop more charms ...

Thanks a ton for the cw and ssummon tele method... went from 68 to 81 in a few hours.

You welcome, by a Kyatt was by far faster...

Monster: Fire Giants (Waterfall Dungeon)

Amount: 122

Crimson: 6

Green: 9

Gold: 69

Blue: 1

PS: Maybe you should ask where the monster was killed. You said yourself that the black demons in Chaos tunnels drop more charms ...

I'm pretty certain that Fire giants' charm drops aren't affected by their location.

inuyashakent-2.png

why do people forget about cockroaches?

they are by far the most efficient crimson droppers i have tried, both money-wise and time wise, when you take into account walking to and from banks and the use of prayer pots.

Seriously, you guys should take a load of monkfish and camp at cockroaches for an hour, you will get about 50 crimson charms, 20 greens and golds and about 5 blue. Plus about 150k-200k worth of items. All for the cost of 20 monkfish

and all the items are stackable

NICKELEY102.png

why do people forget about cockroaches?

they are by far the most efficient crimson droppers i have tried, both money-wise and time wise, when you take into account walking to and from banks and the use of prayer pots.

Seriously, you guys should take a load of monkfish and camp at cockroaches for an hour, you will get about 50 crimson charms, 20 greens and golds and about 5 blue. Plus about 150k-200k worth of items. All for the cost of 20 monkfish

and all the items are stackable

They're rates are more around 20 crimsons/hour, the cash went down significantly compared to when they first were released. I might consider adding them, but they are completely overrated. I will have to test them out first though.

inuyashakent-2.png

Very good idea about saving charms for 99! I think I'll start doing that after I get 89 summoning (I really, really want a geyser titan first, and it will help a lot with slayer)!

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

hey kent, I think you should mention the obsidian golem's invisible mining boost, I think that gives it a 4/5, its mining boost is 7.

also,its the "praying mantis" not the "prayer mantis"

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff