Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

The macaw and compost mound barely forage anything. I've gone through multiple macaw pouches before and only gotten 1 herb from all of them...it was sad. I've heard similar reports for the compost mound--barely any seeds.

Macaws are still great for fighting herb droppers, though--they drastically improve your herb quality.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the banner - love the guide, but I did not find some information.

I'm level 16 summoning, as I quit when I thought summoning sucked, but anyway, I'm coming back. And I'll obviously need to focus on summoning. So what I ask you is this: Since I want to get to level 52 for a good BoB, and have no charms, should I use the crimson and blue charms I get getting there? Also, what monster should I kill, trying to get the charms I need to get to 52. I figure I'll use all my greens on Compost Mounds, as I like their forage, (think I should switch to macaws, and then magpies instead?) and unfortunately will have to use the gold charms on stupid crabs until I can make a bull ant, but I'm really not sure if I should use the blue and crimson charms on such low level monsters, I want a second opinion.

I want to get to level 69 eventually, which will probably be done through slayer. Which probably means a month or two of slaying?

It might be useful to others if you posted you answer on your guide, too. I did not find any info elsewhere.

* Crimsons. Always hunt for crimsons. You can always collect lots of crimsons, and pick up the gold along the way. This was included in the guide.

* I would say around 2/3 xp of slayer goes to summoning.

* What do you need to make? All of this was included in the guide.

* If not slayer, I would rather go for Waterfiends if your high combat, or greaters if your low. I don't know your stats, sorry.

Eeps! Huge banner!

Like it though, but the sky blue is... plain? Is it possible to add extra colors to it?

Add more color? ... Hmm.... like? I could add a touch to it to make it look like a signature if thats what your suggesting. But then again, I'm pretty newby at that, so I'll have to learn. I was back earlier than I thought, I might work on my secondary guide if I have a chance.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Monster: Black Demon

Amount: 197

Crimson: 86

Green: 21

Gold: 49

Blue: 2

The black demons were killed in the chaos tunnels, if that matters.

Monster: Iron Dragon

Amount: 62

Crimson: 14

Green: 38

Gold: 12

Blue: 8

Weirdoweirdo.png

1st fire cape May 14, 2009 finally =D.

2nd fire cape June 16, 2009 =P.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, Now I feel kinda stupid... But I'd like to point out that the list in the guide doesn't even list a use for blue charms until level 78 - which I don't expect to EVER reach. So that, and a bit about the red charms was what I was asking about - I understand what I'll be using my gold and green for. I want to get my summoning up enough that I can have the lv 52 BoB, so I'll take your recommendation for waterfiend killing, then it will probably be slayer for the rest, unless I have a real need for a higher level. Now that I feel like I've asked a bit of a stupid question, I'll make it up by logging my charms drops for you when I start training.

But still, I mean why not make pyrelords with crimson when you can? And I have no idea when to use my blue charms - It's not like I want to make titans!

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Well, Now I feel kinda stupid... But I'd like to point out that the list in the guide doesn't even list a use for blue charms until level 78 - which I don't expect to EVER reach. So that, and a bit about the red charms was what I was asking about - I understand what I'll be using my gold and green for. I want to get my summoning up enough that I can have the lv 52 BoB, so I'll take your recommendation for waterfiend killing, then it will probably be slayer for the rest, unless I have a real need for a higher level. Now that I feel like I've asked a bit of a stupid question, I'll make it up by logging my charms drops for you when I start training.

But still, I mean why not make pyrelords with crimson when you can? And I have no idea when to use my blue charms - It's not like I want to make titans!

Here are my stats if you want to change your recommendation based on them. mr_bowser.png

Oh yes. I forgot to update that when I split the regular way and the efficient way. Sorry.

I'll fix that now.

You did a very nice job with the banner. ;)

Thanks, the learning took 10x longer than the doing. :XD:

inuyashakent-2.png

Everybody please ignore this post. I will keep track of all slayer tasks here. I will repost this every 3 pages so I can have easy access to it.

Crimsons, Green, Gold, blue

Abberant spectres:

170- 6,12,16,11

178-7,9,22,13

172- 6,10,21,10

193- 12,10,21,12

Abyssal demons(All tasks done in Alternate Abyss. I'm pretty sure there are no changes in any of the drops.):

190- 49,7,13,2

190- 67,10,10,1

82- 32,5,5,0

Black demons:

163-54,22,42,3

Dust devils:

190-47,12,25,4

160- 44,12,15,1

Fire giants:

159 - 4,13,88,3

Gargoyles:

147-7,3,17,13

Greaters:

133- 31,8,6,1

154-36,4,13,3

Kalphite:

134- 1,7,14,7

168 -6,9,16,10

Mithril dragons:

7- 8,20,0,0

Mutated bloodvelds:

174- 1,14,67,3

Waterfiends:

169-139,7,13,4

155-128,7,17,4

179-

inuyashakent-2.png

Hmm, well, your entry for the fruit bat doesn't seem substantial enough. (Besides the question of the albino bat...not sure what that is. :? ) I've found it to be a very powerful forager. I don't know how much testing you've given it, but take a look at a typical fruit bat inventory at the end of its timer.

[hide=Image]FruitBatinventory.png[/hide]

These fruits added up to about 8k gp when I took that picture, and I didn't even get any watermelon seeds from that one. The pouch was 2k at the time, so by using a fruit bat, you can increase your profit by quite a bit when you consider how little effort is involved. Also, the scrolls can be profitable too in addition to their ability to provide mass healing. They mainly make papayas, which are worth about 800 gp each--four times the price of the scroll you used to produce it. And of course, they heal 8 hp too. You can also get pineapples, oranges, limes, bananas, and lemons from fruitfall. Probably not as profitable as the spirit cobra, which can be used 20 times per special bar instead of 10, and gives 64 experience for using up its special bar rather than 14. But if you're already using the bat to forage, I don't suppose it would hurt much to grab a few scrolls to pop off when you bank.

[hide=Image]Fruitfall.gif[/hide]

And that's my thoughts on this fruity and bat-shaped familiar.

I wrote a full summary in response... but my computer shut down... -.-

In short, it could be useful but most times you can just use a combat, bob, +skill, ect familiar instead. But when your doing fletching or something of the like, it could be useful but... but it only makes 10k/hour, which is very little and hardly worth the effort. Still worth doing though, I guess.

Scrolls barely make any cash for the time input.

inuyashakent-2.png

Awesome guide \' (been coming back for quite a while, but never found something to post about. Now I have)

Probably the best way to get willow branches is to plant a willow tree in some spot you go to often, and cut some branches whenever you pass by that way. When summoning was first out, the best place was Taverly, while making pouches, as no one had had enough time to figure out the great methods that are now known. The absolute best place to plant a tree though, is in Varrock. About two miniscreens to the east of the grand exchange is a tree patch, and most 'scapers go to the G.E. many times daily. I have willows planted in all but one of my tree patches(needed the levels for a quest) and now I have over 100 willows in the bank. It's not enough to get me from Ent to whatever the next green familiar is, but it isn't none.

Ugg...Long post #-o

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Awesome guide \' (been coming back for quite a while, but never found something to post about. Now I have)

Probably the best way to get willow branches is to plant a willow tree in some spot you go to often, and cut some branches whenever you pass by that way. When summoning was first out, the best place was Taverly, while making pouches, as no one had had enough time to figure out the great methods that are now known. The absolute best place to plant a tree though, is in Varrock. About two miniscreens to the east of the grand exchange is a tree patch, and most 'scapers go to the G.E. many times daily. I have willows planted in all but one of my tree patches(needed the levels for a quest) and now I have over 100 willows in the bank. It's not enough to get me from Ent to whatever the next green familiar is, but it isn't none.

Ugg...Long post #-o

The problem with that method is that you can't train farming... ugg.

I'll work on my secondary part of my guide now.

inuyashakent-2.png

Just a tip about your item section that you have not yet included into this: You can buy talismans from Wizard Elriss in the new minigame, for 50 tokens each. I can get between 1500-3500 an hour, so that's somewhere around 55 an hour. These are easy to bank, too, as for 15 tokens you can buy a teletab to the runecrafting guild.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Just a tip about your item section that you have not yet included into this: You can buy talismans from Wizard Elriss in the new minigame, for 50 tokens each. I can get between 1500-3500 an hour, so that's somewhere around 55 an hour. These are easy to bank, too, as for 15 tokens you can buy a teletab to the runecrafting guild.

It's a possibility, but you could save a minute by buying a nature tablet instead.

1 hour = 60 minutes, but 60 talismans =/= 300k (per hour)

inuyashakent-2.png

For banana, you can buy in Port Khazard (Trader Stan's Trading post) then deposit in Bank deposit box??

untrimmedslayercape2.png

U N T R I M M E D S L A Y E R C A P E - 22 August 2009 (No Soul War used for any exp)

Memberlist of Untrimmed Slayer and seeker: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=untrimslay

Q U E S T C A P E - 31 May 2008

~ F I R E C A P E ~ - 5 Dec 2008

Monster: Ice Trolls (Chaos Tunnels, assorted male and female, generally a 4:1 ratio)

Amount: 140

Crimson: 4

Green: 7

Gold:19

Blue: 5

Monster: Iron Dragons

Amount: 58 (drop 2 charms at once)

Crimson: 14

Green: 46

Gold: 10

Blue: 4

Monster: Dust Devil (first task of em, w00t) Edited for a second task

Amount: 250

Crimson: 53

Green: 19

Gold: 31

Blue: 2

ny_lucario.png

For banana, you can buy in Port Khazard (Trader Stan's Trading post) then deposit in Bank deposit box??

Thanks, you sure he sells bananas?

All charter ships do. I think the general store there is faster than Catherby for tinderboxes too.

Thanks, you sure he sells bananas?

All charter ships do. I think the general store there is faster than Catherby for tinderboxes too.

I'll look into it.

inuyashakent-2.png

Hey Great guide. I Just have a few quick questions, These may sound stupid but i just got back to rs after a long time off, and have never trained any summoning :).

Firstly, can combat familiars be used in all combat areas or only in multi-combat areas?

Secondly, do familiars that forage for items give experience in other skills, like a compost mound may give farming exp?

Lastly, i have heard that some people use pouches to high alch, is it more efficient to do this with some pouches or is the trade in for shards the best for all pouches?

Thanks alot

V Grappler V

Hey Great guide. I Just have a few quick questions, These may sound stupid but i just got back to rs after a long time off, and have never trained any summoning :).

Firstly, can combat familiars be used in all combat areas or only in multi-combat areas?

Secondly, do familiars that forage for items give experience in other skills, like a compost mound may give farming exp?

Lastly, i have heard that some people use pouches to high alch, is it more efficient to do this with some pouches or is the trade in for shards the best for all pouches?

Thanks alot

V Grappler V

Familiars are multi-combat only. No xp. Not even close to as efficient as trading it.

OMG Baki.

inuyashakent-2.png