Riff's Road to Taskmaster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I spent about 20M on my house yesterday and today. I moved all the rooms around, but this time I didn't spend 5M on a Tok-Xil, I just bought a Kalphite Soldier instead. I still have a nice 22M cash pile, so it was money well spent imo. (Although, weren't you able to talk whilst scrying before? I think Jagex disabled that. :cry:)

Oh yeah, also when I logged onto my PC this morning the internet timer never showed up lol! I dunno why this was, but I'm going to try and make the most of it. I am doing some Slayer right now, and I also want to do a bit of Dking soon. I will get my hilt drop sometime, but don't feel like getting it right now.

Oh, soloing Zilyana is hawt. I went there yesterday for the first time, got 1 kill, using 13 brews :!:

If I were to get 90 range and 95+ defence, would I be able to solo efficiently?

Also, are you using the equipment mentioned in Artemis' guide or have you changed the setup a bit?

2dvjurb.png

Oh, soloing Zilyana is hawt. I went there yesterday for the first time, got 1 kill, using 13 brews :!:

If I were to get 90 range and 95+ defence, would I be able to solo efficiently?

Also, are you using the equipment mentioned in Artemis' guide or have you changed the setup a bit?

ScreenShot002-21.png

That is the set-up I use, with about half and half brews/sups (to begin with you might want more brews). 90 Ranged and 95+ Defence is very good for soloing Zilyana, I am 94 ranged and 99 Defence and I average about 8 per trip, so you could easily get 5 with those stats I think. Feel free to ask anything else if I missed something. ;)

Oh yeah, I personally use RoW, and I have a TBird already summoned with 6 sups and 6 brews.

Thanks for the setup. The inventory is almost exactly what I was using, but I brought a whip for getting killcount. This should be way faster than ranging killcount, right?

And when do you drink your range potions? I brought two of them and drunk (drank? No idea how it's spelled) one dose after I brewed. Problem is, I was brewing way too much, most of the time the range potion doses didn't even last a minute. Would this be fixed if I got 95+ defence?

The armour isn't that expensive either, I would be able to afford that right now if I would swap the DFS with an Obby shield. It's defenitely a step up from what I used because I didn't want to lose stuff if I died (normal black d'hide, neitiznot helm, granite shield, no boots/gloves, zamorak book for kc and torag's legs :-#).

Thanks <3:

2dvjurb.png

Thanks for the setup. The inventory is almost exactly what I was using, but I brought a whip for getting killcount. This should be way faster than ranging killcount, right?

And when do you drink your range potions? I brought two of them and drunk (drank? No idea how it's spelled) one dose after I brewed. Problem is, I was brewing way too much, most of the time the range potion doses didn't even last a minute. Would this be fixed if I got 95+ defence?

The armour isn't that expensive either, I would be able to afford that right now if I would swap the DFS with an Obby shield. It's defenitely a step up from what I used because I didn't want to lose stuff if I died (normal black d'hide, neitiznot helm, granite shield, no boots/gloves, zamorak book for kc and torag's legs :-#).

Thanks <3:

Well, I brewed to full hp after each kill and drank a dose of Ranged potion just before Zil spawned. Sometimes I can go a whole kill without neededing to brew (I usually start healing at around 55~ HP), but sometimes I'd only get her to half health. I would definitely say getting to 95 would rectify that problem.

And yeah, that set-up is pretty much the bee's-knees (lol) because it is a max 400k loss if you die, and dying is actually unlikely unless you disconnect or lag very badly. I definitely recommend using the best equipment you can and utilising a decent inventory. :D

Okay, thanks a bunch :D.

I guess I'm now 'ready' to solo her, getting 90 range on Aviansies and 95 defence through slayer should get me enough money for a DFS too. Now the only thing I have to do is getting the right stats.

Yay.

Would the Unicorn be a good idea while soloing, or would the Terrorbird still be more efficient due to the energy restoring scrolls? This is not really relevant for me, but I'd like to know ::'

2dvjurb.png

Well I happen to be a pro at soloing, but Hart is better than me now lols.

I range KC because it's actually about the same speed if you have high ranged, and you save an inventory spot.

Note that I now bring 400 diamond bolts to be safe, and no longer bring a summoning pot. Super restores now restore your summoning points. Because I'm a bad soloer I take 20 brews and 13 restores, lol.

I recommend the terrorbird over the unicorn (I have both) unless you're in a team of 4 people or more, or on a team where everyone has a unicorn (this doesn't apply to soloing lol). Sweets are so damn expensive... totally out of the question when soloing.

Hey Hart :)

Not been on here in ages so i thought i'd drop you a lil post :)

hope you;ve been well and grats on alllll those levels i've missed :) keep it up mate

Jamje.png

null and void

Rofl I forgot to tell you, my mum was clearing out this room this morning and threw out the paper with the purchase details for the timer thing. So my Dad will have to pay again if he wants to reinstall it. :ohnoes: :thumbsup:

I am going to buy Bandos again after this task, Mc has told me I can survive most tasks with that a Bunyip and a DFS! So I can just start sinking cash into a cashpile and save up slowly for an SGS by monster drops or if I go to solo again.

nice house, boots, levels and such things mate :)

you should come kill black demons with me nowwwwwwww

dibujillole3.png

^click to visit my blog! And if u got some spare hammers for my collection, i will always take them just pm me :)

5743th with cooking 99!--8 november 2006--

16361st with str 99! --15 april 2007--

35000th with Attack 99! --20 June 2008--

29524th with Hitpoints 99! --3 August 2008--