Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

A team full of one type isnt that great in total, or anything really.

Mixed teams ftw.

Tbh though, I hate all your fave pokemon except Gengar..

well, dislike.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Can anyone give me a complete list of pokemon obtainable through Platinum version? It'll determine if I am to get it or not :P

My favorite pokemon:

Dusclops

Pidgeot

Nidoking

Gengar

Toxicroak

Some others, but I forgot.

Would a fighting type team be good?

All noobs imo. :P

Best ever = Snorlax. Don't even mess. :D

Umbreon tbh \'

-

All the AR codes out there, no faster egg hatch yet... Maxed shiny legendaries w/ wonderguard fail, faster egg hatches is just too convenient not to have... :lol:

-

Other than that, just beat the E4 a few days ago. Have yet to catch Heatran, but have Dialga and Palkia.

Ray, give us the ROM download for Shiny Gold pls.

Search it, it seems kinda confusingish though.

I'm not going to make a proper team, I tried before but got bored. Theres not enough cool pokemon that won't get owned to use :P. I just muck aorund in the battle tower.

Arcanine. Most awesome pokemon ever.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Gen II Arcanine owned.

IV is 2nd.

Arcanine isnt really that great gameplaywise but used to be my fave pokemon ;p

Does anyone plan to make a competitive team? I've got a couple new team ideas but I haven't bothered making them yet. If people here plan on playing on WiFi though, I might get Platinum and build myself a couple teams.

Well I started to make a team, but it got held up because I havn't been able to acquire the pokemon I need. If you have an elekid (an elcterizer with it would really help), or a shroomish, I would be able to start training again.

For my team, I'm not worrying about EV's, but I will try and get good natures and good movesets. I just don't want to spend a whole lot of time on a team.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I think i have a shroomish. I might not though.

I have made a team but it isnt a proper teamy team.

I really want to make room for Roserade. Sleep powder and giga drain combo and/or sunny day solarbeam (sunnybeam)

Does anyone plan to make a competitive team? I've got a couple new team ideas but I haven't bothered making them yet. If people here plan on playing on WiFi though, I might get Platinum and build myself a couple teams.

Well I started to make a team, but it got held up because I havn't been able to acquire the pokemon I need. If you have an elekid (an elcterizer with it would really help), or a shroomish, I would be able to start training again.

For my team, I'm not worrying about EV's, but I will try and get good natures and good movesets. I just don't want to spend a whole lot of time on a team.

EVs are the easy part. EV-ing a Pokemon should take less than 10 minutes... less time than leveling it to 100, really. Good natures are actually more troublesome than EVs should be.

The real painful part is IVs. It's really okay to ignore most of them, but HP and Speed IVs can't really be ignored when making a decent team. Unfortunately, you must also breed constantly if you intend to get the desired IVs.

I came up with a bit of a team that should do some good competitively, since there's a gamestop tournament at the mall in a month.

[hide=]Roserade @Focus Sash

EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature

Ability: Natural Cure

-Grass Knot

-Hidden Power [Fire]

-Toxic [bleep]es

-Sleep Powder

My lead. The sash keeps it alive, it can sleep, set up [bleep]es, and can do a bit of sweeping.

Lickilicky @Chesto Berry

EVs: 252 HP / 164 SPDef/ 68 Atk / 24 Def

Sassy Nature

Ability: Own Tempo

-Gyro Ball

-Rest

-Thunderpunch

-Curse

It's a tank. Uses Curse to power up, then goes to town with Gyro Ball, Rest for healing, and Aqua Tail for coverage

Gliscor @Leftovers

EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe

Impish Nature

Ability: Hyper Cutter

-Earthquake

-Roost

-Aerial Ace

-U-turn

Anti-Heracross, with a bit of sweeping/tanking thrown in.

Infernape @Life Orb

EVs: 172 Atk / 144 SpA / 192 Spe

Hasty Nature

Ability: Blaze

-Close Combat

-Grass Knot

-Overheat

-Stone Edge

Mixed Sweeper, not much to discuss here, but the EVs are to make sure I can quickly drop Milotic, for instance

Espeon @Salac Berry

EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Timid Nature

Ability: Synchronize

-Psychic

-HP Fighting

-Shadow Ball

-Signal Beam

Special Sweeper, covers various types

Drapion @Black Sludge

EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Sniper Ability

-Ice Fang

-Earthquake

-Cross Poison

-Night Slash

A physical sweeper, with coverage.[/hide]

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

I came up with a bit of a team that should do some good competitively, since there's a gamestop tournament at the mall in a month.

Timid Nature

-Grass Knot

-Hidden Power [Fire]

-Toxic [bleep]es

-Sleep Powder

My lead. The sash keeps it alive, it can sleep, set up [bleep]es, and can do a bit of sweeping.

Lickilicky @Chesto Berry

Sassy Nature

-Gyro Ball

-Rest

-Thunderpunch

-Curse

It's a tank. Uses Curse to power up, then goes to town with Gyro Ball, Rest for healing, and Aqua Tail for coverage

Gliscor @Leftovers

Impish Nature

-Earthquake

-Roost

-Aerial Ace

-U-turn

Infernape @Life Orb

Hasty Nature

-Close Combat

-Grass Knot

-Overheat

-Stone Edge

Mixed Sweeper, not much to discuss here, but the EVs are to make sure I can quickly drop Milotic, for instance

Espeon @Salac Berry

Timid Nature

-Psychic

-HP Fighting

-Shadow Ball

-Signal Beam

Drapion @Black Sludge

Sniper Ability

-Ice Fang

-Earthquake

-Cross Poison

-Night Slash

you have online? wanna try playing me for practice lol?

I can play in a bit, since wifi is failing right now. I gotta finish building my team first :P

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

I have a team, but my team is pretty bad.

It's type-mixed but not stat mixed. I think I got a few too many attacking tanks.

I remember the good old Pokemon games like Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue. Those were way better than these new ones that are coming out. Also I remember that when Pokemon went out of style, people started playing Yu-Gi-Oh. But then they remade a new Yu-Gi-Oh called 'Yu-Gi-Oh GX' and everyone went back to Pokemon.

Oiger1.png

when_power_love_150.gif

Timid Nature

-Grass Knot

-Hidden Power [Fire]

-Toxic [bleep]es

-Sleep Powder

Lickilicky @Chesto Berry

Sassy Nature

-Gyro Ball

-Rest

-Thunderpunch

-Curse

Gliscor @Leftovers

Impish Nature

-Earthquake

-Roost

-Aerial Ace

-U-turn

Infernape @Life Orb

Hasty Nature

-Close Combat

-Grass Knot

-Overheat

-Stone Edge

Espeon @Salac Berry

Timid Nature

-Psychic

-HP Fighting

-Shadow Ball

-Signal Beam

Drapion @Black Sludge

Sniper Ability

-Ice Fang

-Earthquake

-Cross Poison

-Night Slash

What are the rules of this tournament? I'll be honest, that team doesn't look like it would fare too well in standard.

Roserade is decent... in UU. As an OU lead, Rosey is horribly outclassed. You can expect a match to open like this.

Opponent sent out Aerodactyl!

You sent out Roserade!

Aerodactyl used Taunt!

Now what? You can't do anything to the Aerodactyl with those 2 moves. 90 Base Speed is great in UU, not so pretty in OU where Azelfs and Aerodactyls run rampant. Taunt is also too popular to make this set effective.

On your Lickylicky set... first, I don't see aqua tail anywhere, I see thunder punch. Second, it's outclassed. Consider Bronzong instead, with its multiple resists and immunes. A levitating bronzong is immune to ground and poison, and resists tons of different types, with really only one big weakness: fire. It doesn't get curse, but with its much lower base speed, curse is hardly necessary. However, you do get excellent support moves like stealth rock. You could also make this even more painful: trick and macho brace. When you have macho brace, your speed is cut in half. When you find something dangerous, you use trick: now your opponent wears the macho brace, cutting THEIR speed in half. You like the speed cut, but if something's really dangerous, this is a great way out. Bronzong also gets explosion and screens.

Gliscor is good. I'm not sure how it fits in with your team but individually, it's good. Infernape has a pretty weird EV distribution, I'd look at it again. What are the speed IVs for, specifically? Why so little special attack? Mixapes typically run maxed special attack.

After this is where things go south. Espeon? Salac berry? What?

With its 65 base hp and 60 base defense, Espeon isn't going to live to see Salac berry go off, against a decent opponent. Pinch berries overall aren't too useful unless you build a set meant to use them. Then there's the Pokemon. Espeon is outclassed pretty badly in standard. There's only a few sets an Espeon can run that other Pokemon can't run better, and your set isn't one of them. Look at Azelf. 5 less special attack for 5 more speed. 125 is more than sufficient. Levitate is a great ability... especially as synchronize is being fouled up by your lead. Remember: every last point of speed counts. Attack or special attack, not necessarily. While on that subject, Azelf also gets equally high base attack. This adds to its unpredictability. Even running the same set, on an Azelf instead of an Espeon, means your opponent will need to ask him/herself, "Does this Azelf carry physical or special attacks? Does it have explosion?" With Espeon, it's less obvious. I'm not saying you have to use Azelf, but there is a wide variety of Pokemon that can do what your Espeon is doing, only better. In fact, even look at Gengar. Same special attack, same speed. The difference? Gengar is immune to fighting, normal, and ground attacks. Espeon gets an ability to conflicts with your leads purpose, which is setting up toxic [bleep]es. Synchronize doesn't work if your opponent is already poisoned.

I don't know a lot about Drapion so I can't say too much on it. You're missing a nature though. Definitely go with Jolly if you're maxing speed, so you can at least tie a maxed base speed 95. Also, if you just want a physical sweeper, consider this, the absolutely best OU Pokemon right now:

Scizor @ Choice Band (Technician Ability)

Adamant - 252 Attack, 192 HP, 64 Speed

~ Bullet Punch

~ Pursuit

~ U-Turn

~ Superpower

This set is really a monster. Bullet Punch has priority. 40 Power looks weak. Then you realize: Scizor's technician raises it by 50%. 60 still isn't the best, but it's decent. Then consider Scizor's monster attack (130 base), the choice band, and the STAB bonus. You have yourself a very, very dangerous Pokemon.

Now, the key with this set is to play carefully. The first few times you bring Scizor in, you want to see how your opponent reacts. Instead of going for your killer move (which everyone knows about, bullet punch is very obvious), you U-Turn. Your opponent isn't going to leave an obviously disadvantaged Pokemon against Scizor, so when they switch, you hit their new Pokemon with U-turn right away for some quick damage. On top of that, before the turn ends, you switch in a Pokemon that will still have the upper hand.

After doing this a few times you'll get used to seeing what switches in or what not. Clear out what's possibly able to stop your Scizor, then just crunch your way through what's left.

You need to consider your team more carefully. What's your game plan? Do your Pokemon all have roles in this plan? Finally, are there Pokemon that can perform better in these roles? In your case, at least half your team are inferior to similar Pokemon. It's okay to use UU Pokemon, and there are advantages to it, but you don't want to do it at random. Throwing an Espeon on your team over better special sweepers is not a good idea. If you want to use Espeon, look at Espeon's movepool, find something unique Espeon does, and incorporate that into your overall strategy.

Against Aerodactyl, I just use HP Ice to kill him.

Against Aerodactyl, I just use HP Ice to kill him.

First, I didn't see HP Ice on your list, I saw HP Fire. Second, HP Ice won't kill Aerodactyl. He'll focus sash, taunt you, set up rocks, and die. That's what suicide leads are for. Now, his Pokemon has accomplished precisely what it was meant to do. You must now either switch out your Roserade and give him the upper hand, or, you can stay in and lose your Roserade to his revenge killer.

Do you really feel this is a successful lead?

The current march statistics show these as the current most popular anti-leads:

Metagross - 8%

Azelf - 6%

Jirachi - 5%

Infernape - 5%

Aerodactyl - 5%

Let's see how you fair against these. Assuming you meant HP Ice, not HP Fire, Metagross deals with your Roserade without trouble. You can't dent it, and lead gross runs lum berry fairly frequently. He can take care of your Roserade without trouble, and set up rocks. Lead Azelf does the same thing Suicide Aero does, it taunts you. You can hit it, but you won't kill it thanks to sash. In fact, Azelf will probably live two of your attacks, meaning after setting up his stealth rocks, he can also explode, killing Roserade or severely hurting whatever you send in (I don't see any ghosts on your team). Jirachi is a nicer match up for you, I'm really not sure how that one would end. Infernape is another story. Turn 1, Fake out. Turn 2, Fire blast. Dead Roserade who never has a chance to do anything, because that's all lead apes do. Aerodactyl, I've already explained.

Against the top 5 leads, which is almost a third of all teams on Shoddy during March, against only one of them would you start out on the right foot. Is that really acceptable?

Especially as, if I pointed out, if you carry out your plan you are contradicting some of your own Pokemon. Namely, Espeon. Synchronize does not do well with Toxic [bleep]es on the field.

Hey, I joined this pokemon community recently, It is quite small but it is growing...

Most of the people love to battle + trade.

They have GYM leaders so if you do feel like having a bit of fun and want to actively play pokemon (or perhaps become a gym leader, theres a spot available - the fire gym, previously owned to me).

http://theemeraldrain.forumotion.net/forum.htm

Go ahead and check it out. It honestly is quite fun.

We range from very experienced battlers to complete noobs, You may want to Ev your pokes first however :P

Luck be a Lady

I've replaced Espeon with Azelf and Licki with Dusknoir.

I usually have no problems shutting down Scizor either, although he has put a dent in my team a few times.