Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Smogon Breeding Guide Part IV gives specific IV inheritence examples for each HP type, such that a minimum 65 base power is achieved. It's very complicated and you'll probably take 5 hours to understand it properly like I did. :)

TBH most WiFiers I know just get someone to hack Pokemon who need HP and when you look at the work needed to achieve HP it's not hard to see why.

Smogon Breeding Guide Part IV gives specific IV inheritence examples for each HP type, such that a minimum 65 base power is achieved. It's very complicated and you'll probably take 5 hours to understand it properly like I did. :)

TBH most WiFiers I know just get someone to hack Pokemon who need HP and when you look at the work needed to achieve HP it's not hard to see why.

Is it better just to go with will o'wisp, because all this seems very complicated :S

SUPER.gif

Why HP rock? HP ground is better in most if not all cases. Unless moltress and charizard suddenly become common that is. Vulcarona can also defeat other moths by using Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Fiery Dance.

Why HP rock? HP ground is better in most if not all cases. Unless moltress and charizard suddenly become common that is. Vulcarona can also defeat other moths by using Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Fiery Dance.

I looked at smogon and they said Bug Buzz, Fire Blast, Butterfly Dance and hidden power rock.

@Furah, ye that would be great, and if it could be timid as well that would be awesome, i dont have much to offer, pretty much all starters, white exclusives, and a zorua and dratini? Also can get a adamant axew, bold feebas and jolly bagon? Plus do you have w/b?

SUPER.gif

I guess it's quite ambigous then. From my experience using vulcarona, HP rock rarely was of any good, and HP ground really helped me out with it's biggest counter: Heatran.

Hmm so ground you think is better, well i just need a ground or rock timid larvesta, and would it be easy to breed them so the offspring had the same hidden power?

SUPER.gif

I guess it's quite ambigous then. From my experience using vulcarona, HP rock rarely was of any good, and HP ground really helped me out with it's biggest counter: Heatran.

With HP ground you've got to be careful about Air Balloon Heatrans.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Heatran never really posed a threat to my Moths. It's not like Fire Blast does much since you can pretty easily stall with Butteryfly Dance/Leftovers until you are reasonably confident that Bug Buzz will do lots of damage.

Heatran never really posed a threat to my Moths. It's not like Fire Blast does much since you can pretty easily stall with Butteryfly Dance/Leftovers until you are reasonably confident that Bug Buzz will do lots of damage.

This. Some will run HP Rock for some unknown reason to me though. Probably to counter the moth.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

In any case, bulky waters seem to be Volcarona's main issue. Things like Gyarados can come in and KO it with Waterfall no problem, mainly physical waters though. Special waters could be set up against provided you're not in the rain.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

I won my match, came down to some mindgames. gg Demoli.

I won against Necro. It was a really good game. :thumbup:

Round 5

Orpheus vs. Necromagus

Demoli vs. Riku3220

PoorLepRecon vs. Mask

Final round unless there needs to be a tiebreaker.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!