Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Speaking of tournaments, Orpheus, have you been able to contact Necromagus?

@ Star_Fox, there should be a link in the first post to the simulator we use.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Aren't all your pokemon set to the same level on wifi battles anyway?

Im getting SS, its a pity because if i had got it a year earlier i could of done all the wi-fi events which gave you incredible pokemon, anway is there anything i need to do or be aware of(like in 5th gen you needed to complete it quickly to have a populated white forest or black city) and what pokemon should i get early on?

SUPER.gif

Aren't all your pokemon set to the same level on wifi battles anyway?

Ye 50 i think

50 in Gen V, 100 in Gen IV. Hence why Pokemon in B/W should ideally be trained in EV increments of eight, not four (252 is not a multiple of eight, making 248/248/8 the new benchmark, leaving six useless EVs).

TBH I don't bother with this though. So you lose that incredibly important one extra hitpoint. Oh no...

I've always wondered whether or not it was worth it to get that 4 in HP.

I always say it is.

The chance that 1HP saves you may be small, but it isn't zero unless you don't have it to begin with.

I suppose mathematically the chances of needing that extra one HP are doubled in a Lv50 battle than a Lv100 battle since HP is essentially halved.

In any case it only applies to WiFi which only about... I don't know... seven people in the whole world actually do honestly these days. My mate got owned by a Reshiram on WiFi the other day... that's how sad the level the sportsmanship is on there. "I used master on Reshi and now I pwnz u hurr durr!!1!"

Anyways, I came on here to post this. You've probably all listened to it goodness knows how many times but, it's just a great bit of music as far as I'm concerned:

[hide=Pokemon Black and White Music - Legendary Battle][/hide]

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone here has a water stone they can spare? I'm trying to get a Starmie with Hydro Pump, but it can only learn that as a Staryu.

Pretty please?

I suppose mathematically the chances of needing that extra one HP are doubled in a Lv50 battle than a Lv100 battle since HP is essentially halved.

In any case it only applies to WiFi which only about... I don't know... seven people in the whole world actually do honestly these days. My mate got owned by a Reshiram on WiFi the other day... that's how sad the level the sportsmanship is on there. "I used master on Reshi and now I pwnz u hurr durr!!1!"

Anyways, I came on here to post this. You've probably all listened to it goodness knows how many times but, it's just a great bit of music as far as I'm concerned:

It's only at level 100 that 4 EVs = +1 to stat.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

It's only at level 100 that 4 EVs = +1 to stat.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I know.

That got me thinking though: If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a given stat (effectively 15.5 at Lv50), would four EVs give the extra .5 needed for a whole point or do they not 'stack up' like that?

Coz if they did then, assuming all Pokemon are 'perfect', 252/252/4 is still the best spread.

Light Metal is completely worthless.

And not only on Scizor either.

Anyone have any suggestions for a Stealth-Rocker that can absorb status, with a focus on Will-o-Wisp? I've been using Balloon Heatran and was looking into Gliscor, but apparently Poison Heal + Stealth Rock is illegal, so...

Heatrans probably the best option, it's the only viable fire type that gets stealth rock. Blissey would absorb will o wisps quite well too, and be able to set up stealth rock.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm bored of the redundant selection of 100's I have in Black, so I decided to get a handful of new Pokemon to train for the upcoming battle against my friend. Don't judge it as a team - I'm going to be mixing and matching them with others, like Pokemon that my brothers are going to train and some of our old ones.

Torterra: Wood Hammer, Stone Edge, Leech Seed, Synthesis (EV: Hp & Att, NAT: Sp.D or Att)

Salamence: Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Fire Fang, Hone Claws (EV: HP & Def & Spe, NAT: Spe)

Vanilluxe: Ice Beam, Hail, Acid Armor, Mirror Coat (EV: HP & Sp.D & Spe, NAT: Spe)

Drifblim: Stockpile, Swallow, Ominous Wind, Baton Pass (EV: HP & Def & Sp.D, NAT: Sp.D)

Crobat: Fly, Poison Fang, U-Turn, Haze (EV: HP & Att & Spe, NAT: Att)

Umbreon: Work Up, Moonlight, Psychic, Payback (EV: HP & Def & Sp.D, NAT: Def)

Criticism? Tips on better move sets/EV distributions?

Do any stallbreakers or study taunters exist that can also set up SR?

Do any stallbreakers or study taunters exist that can also set up SR?

The best mon to do this is probably the classic stallbreaker gliscor. Taunt+Roost+EQ and Stealth Rock. Good typing and you can fake poison heal (well, maybe until they see the SR).

Also, I recently found out I can use my 3DS connection on DS games, so I can actually trade and battle via wifi. icon_thumbsu.gif

I'm bored of the redundant selection of 100's I have in Black, so I decided to get a handful of new Pokemon to train for the upcoming battle against my friend. Don't judge it as a team - I'm going to be mixing and matching them with others, like Pokemon that my brothers are going to train and some of our old ones.

Torterra: Wood Hammer, Stone Edge, Leech Seed, Synthesis (EV: Hp & Att, NAT: Sp.D or Att)

Salamence: Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Fire Fang, Hone Claws (EV: HP & Def & Spe, NAT: Spe)

Vanilluxe: Ice Beam, Hail, Acid Armor, Mirror Coat (EV: HP & Sp.D & Spe, NAT: Spe)

Drifblim: Stockpile, Swallow, Ominous Wind, Baton Pass (EV: HP & Def & Sp.D, NAT: Sp.D)

Crobat: Fly, Poison Fang, U-Turn, Haze (EV: HP & Att & Spe, NAT: Att)

Umbreon: Work Up, Moonlight, Psychic, Payback (EV: HP & Def & Sp.D, NAT: Def)

Criticism? Tips on better move sets/EV distributions?

No suggestions? I mean, there has to be SOMETHING that I'm doing wrong.