Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

The one move this gen that I hate is psyshock. It's a special attack that bases it's damage off of the targets defence. Which means blissey is absolutely demolished by the lati twins that it otherwise should wall. <_<

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Demolished is a huge overstatement, it really is only usefull in CM sets. Choice sets lets you completely open to Tyranitar, and nattorei can come in scott free and T-Wave you. CM sets lack the imidiate power, so the blobs can switch in and T-Wave it, again, rendering it useless. Really, the only pokemon that should be using Psyshock is Reuniclus due to big bulk and access to Focus Blast, plus he doesn't care about paralisis that much and even less about toxic.

Demolished is a huge overstatement, it really is only usefull in CM sets. Choice sets lets you completely open to Tyranitar, and nattorei can come in scott free and T-Wave you. CM sets lack the imidiate power, so the blobs can switch in and T-Wave it, again, rendering it useless. Really, the only pokemon that should be using Psyshock is Reuniclus due to big bulk and access to Focus Blast, plus he doesn't care about paralisis that much and even less about toxic.

Why would you use Psyshock? Obviously you use Draco Meteor first, which I'm fairly sure 2HKO's most Tyranitar. If no Tyranitar switches in, then next switch in you know to use Psyshock IF your opponent switches in a Blissey.

Any player would switch in either Blissey in that scenario or sac a mon so Tyranitar can come in and crunch/pursuit for the KO. Even if latios uses psyshock (still doesn't OHKO blissey AFAIK), you can switch to tyra just after and put it in a check mate. As always, it relies on prediction on both parts, but saying Psyshock demolishes the blobs i wrong. Sure, it is a problem, but not a checkmate status.

Specs Starmie Psyshock did like 70% to a Blissey when I used one months ago, so I'm willing to bet that Specs Latios could probably OHKO Blissey, or at least has a chance to, after Stealth Rock.

But yeah that's true your opponent could get clever with switches.

That's also why you should give Latios Surf, because Specs Surf 2HKOs most Tyranitar.

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 54,62% - 64,43%

2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Latios is modest in these calculations, with timid it does:

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 50% - 58,82%

2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

As you can see, even with SR factored in, Blissey is still quite alive and well within the power of shooting a Thunder-Wave to cripple latios. Now lets look at the Scarf set:

Modest:

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 36,55% - 43%

3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Timid:

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 33,19% - 39,22%

3-4 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Ooops, someone got walled, but hey, psyshock is onyl really usefull on CM sets, so lets take a look.

Timid at +0:

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 43,28% - 50,98%

3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Timid at +1

Detailed Result:

252 +1 SpAtk Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 64,85% - 76,47%

Modest at +0:

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 47,48% - 55,88%

2-3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Modest at +1:

Detailed Result:

252 +1 SpAtk Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 71,15% - 83,75%

As I saidbefore, it is here where Psyshock gets really intense as a +1 boost plus Lfie orb deals a ton, but the thing is, only +1 modest has a really strong chance of OHKOing, and you need SR and a layer of spikes to be able to do that. And since no one uses modest because 110 is a great speed tier, you'll be using timid, in which your blissey WILL survive and T-Wave/Toxic you back. Plus, by using Psyshock here you neglect yourself of either Surf or HP fire, so it's either get walled by ferrothorn or get revenged by Tyranitar.

Also, results for Timid Specs Starmie on default Blissey:

Detailed Result:

252 SpAtk Choice Specs Starmie Psyshock vs 252 HP/252 Def Blissey: 41,6% - 48,88%

3 hits to KO (with Leftovers)

Maybe you got a crit?

Was definitely a crit then lol, thanks.

Was going back and finally going to get all my frontier symbols in emerald and got about as lucky as you can. I was going for the silver symbol for the pyramid and for some bizarre reason every single one of my attacks got a crit and 1 hit KOed with the crit bonus + type advantage. Not sure how I got that lucky, but I wish it would happen more often. :P

Tecmaster532.png
Tecmaster532.png
lm9dzxe3.png
Owner of the Quest Point Cape

Can someone advise me on building / designing a team? Should they be built around a type, a move, or an ability? How should I even get started?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

This Gen, teambuilding is all about synergy. You can no longer focus on a certain mon to sweep the entirety of the other team or having checks for a lot of situations. You should have a defensive core of 2-3 pokemons, 2 physical sweepers that cover each other weaknesses and 1-2 special sweepers to get rid of all those gliscors. Sure, ti is not teh only way, but it's one of the best ways to make a balanced team.

Subway is easy, just go all-out on offense and make sure you raise your Pokemon right, and there's really no problem.

Probably the easiest way in terms of time commitment vs. power is Sand. Get a Tyranitar to lead off with, preferably with Stealth Rock if you can x-fer one from Gen 4, and throw more or less whatever the hell you want on it. Follow up with an Excadrill and a Garchomp, and you have a lot of instantaneous power that should leave Subway pretty easy.

Probably the easiest way in terms of time commitment vs. power is Sand. Get a Tyranitar to lead off with, preferably with Stealth Rock if you can x-fer one from Gen 4, and throw more or less whatever the hell you want on it. Follow up with an Excadrill and a Garchomp, and you have a lot of instantaneous power that should leave Subway pretty easy.

I'm trying that kind of thing with Tyranitar, Terrakion, and Starmie. Results have been good so far, though instead of SR, mine has DDance and Outrage.

Can someone help me? Im ev training my ferroseed atm and it has pokerus. Im training it with 252 speed evs and 252 hp evs with 4 att evs. For speed i use 10 carbos then a power anklet and 1 hit kill 12 basculins then take the power anklet off and 1 hit kill a basculin which should make 248 speed evs, then i use 4 swift wings.

For Hp i forgot to use hp up so i just 1 hit killed 20 stunfisks with a power weight then 1 hit killed 3 of them without the power weight that should equal 252 hp evs.

For attack i used 4 muscle wings, but when i went to the lady she says it can try a bit harder? Whats wrong with my calculations?

Edit: 500th post woot!

SUPER.gif

You could be missing the extra 2 evs that don't have any use. Also, why did you put 252 speed evs on a ferroseed? Those would be better served on defence/special defence rather than trying to boost its already abysmal speed.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Why would you train a Ferroseed in Speed? Apart from SpA, thats the stat you DON'T want to train. You'd be better off with 252 HP EV's and 252 in other defences or 200 in one defence and 50 in att or something.

Honestly, I don't know in which world will smogon reccomend Spe IV's into ferrothorn, a pokemon with friggin base 20 Speed, one of, if not the lowest base speed among all fully evolved pokemon. there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to run Speed Ivs on good 'ol nattorei. Smogon is the competitve pokemon community, they would never suggest something this ridiculous.

Well, A Local Guy said he wanted to see this, but I felt this should be shown to all of you, so here it is! A Musical featuring the favourite of the Unova starters, Snivy!

[spoiler=PIC]pict0375h.jpg

Sorry about the black hat. There just wasn't a green one, and it was either that, or the laurel.