Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I want to pre-order Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby, but I haven't heard of any promos yet. Anyone here did?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

I haven't heard of any, but I'm sure that there will be. I figure that they'll do something similar to what X/Y did. I mean.... Pre-ordering a game doesn't cost more, so there really isn't any reason not to pre-order.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I haven't heard of any, but I'm sure that there will be. I figure that they'll do something similar to what X/Y did. I mean.... Pre-ordering a game doesn't cost more, so there really isn't any reason not to pre-order.

Pre-ordering might not cost more, but why pay early if there's nothing in it for you? The only thing I can think of is if you don't want to be the last one to get it at the midnight release, even though there will still be plenty of copies after everything. Anyway, I hope that we get Groudon/Kyogre figures like with HGSS.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

It really depends on where you live.

Some areas might have far more people trying to buy it in-stores at release and they might run out of stock. Less of an issue compared to previous Gens. since many will choose to just buy it on the eShop instead of buying retail cartridge, but still.

Over here I went to get Platinum like one day after release and there were still 8 rows full of Platinum boxes, like one of them had one missing but that's about it.

Well basically we got a lot of different stores here, and usually if there is a promo, all of them is doing something differently.

I wished we had that X&Y pokeball promo here, but best I could get was a 3DSXL pouch.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I usually don't preorder games but I might do it with Alpha Sapphire since I realized the games come out the week before Black Friday, which means I cannot casually wait a week unlike before.

Shadow Tag is really just way too good of an ability for *any* offensive poke, and Gengar-M is an incredibly dangerous attacker in ubers. Back when Shadow Tag Shandera was a thing, there was a lot of speculation of banning it too. 

If any of you have ever played balanced hackmons or unbalanced hackmons, you'd know how much of a pain Shadow Tag is. I really really hate ST Lugia..... You can't kill it, and it just stalls you out.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I wasn't talking about Gengar-M, Vezon. I was talking about the OU suspect with Mawile-M in the sticky on their OU Competitive Discussion section of their forums. Unsurprisingly, the thread is turning into something that makes me want to eat popcorn in spite of the fact it gets stuck in my teeth easily.

• Like 1

When did they finish testing Aegislash? Anyway..... Mawile-M is kind of a joke test imo. It has way too many counters and it is way too slow....

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

They finished Aegis test a few days ago if I recalled, and it was banned. I do agree with you on Mawile-M's status for test. Sure, it hits like a bullet train but it can be stopped in its tracks. However, given how the other 5 suspect tests went, Mawilite is probably going to get it anyway. Then again, it is hard to tell given the suspect  thread is quickly turning into a steaming shitstorm.

And Erika, Vezon would easily kick my ass.

I'm not downplaying Mawile-M at all. It is scary, and wrecks everything. However, I can't say that I've ever had much of an issue with it. It will get banned though. It will get the ban the same way that Aegislash and Genesect got banned. They will also then test (and ban) Zard-X at some point. I really dislike the way Smogon has been going about their bans for the past two or so years. The players really need to come to terms that the meta is getting more and more about offense and less about balanced or defensive teams.

• Like 1

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

If anyone here who is from UK could help me with obtaining 2 serial codes from GAME so I can obtain Charizard X/Y on both of my X/Y games, that would be greatly appreciated :)!

Account Help

The players really need to come to terms that the meta is getting more and more about offense and less about balanced or defensive teams.

Honestly, I get the feeling that a lot of the things they banned would pretty much have gone straight to ubers if they weren't released alongside mons that were even more hideously broken. 

Even then, if it's a handful of mons that are able to invalidate entire formats... can't really argue with people wanting them gone. 

The players really need to come to terms that the meta is getting more and more about offense and less about balanced or defensive teams.

Honestly, I get the feeling that a lot of the things they banned would pretty much have gone straight to ubers if they weren't released alongside mons that were even more hideously broken. 

Even then, if it's a handful of mons that are able to invalidate entire formats... can't really argue with people wanting them gone. 

And that is the point I'm trying to make. This gen released like 10 mons with 150+ base offenses. If you ban one powerful thing, you have to ban the next powerful thing, then the next. People will always complain about something being too strong. Just look back to gen 5 when they tested Keldeo. It is a great mon, with great stats, great typing, and a great movepool. However, being strong doesn't make it broken.

I'm just surprised that they didn't test Pinsir-M before Mawile-M. I have a lot more issues with that thing.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Last time I went competitive was back in Gen 4

I had like this beastly team. Won small tournaments with it :)!

Weavile was my signature Pokémon, and whenever allowed I had 2 in my team at times. 

Account Help

And that is the point I'm trying to make. This gen released like 10 mons with 150+ base offenses. If you ban one powerful thing, you have to ban the next powerful thing, then the next. People will always complain about something being too strong. Just look back to gen 5 when they tested Keldeo. It is a great mon, with great stats, great typing, and a great movepool. However, being strong doesn't make it broken.

I'm just surprised that they didn't test Pinsir-M before Mawile-M. I have a lot more issues with that thing.

I think the powerful bans are reaching a tipping point.

There's still *just* to few too really allow them in the metagame, without the metagaming just being all them all the time; but at the same time we are getting close to the point where is is just about enough to justifying being a new fairly varied tier unto themselves.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, OU is just a big pissing match to be honest. I really enjoyed gen 4 and BW OU, but BW2 and XY OU is just... Not nearly as fun. So many fun (and good) pokes are just completely non-viable now in that meta, which is why I have really enjoyed playing NU and UU. There are a lot of viable low tier mons you can use in UU, but there are plenty of powerhouses to use if going all in is your cup of tea. Stall is a lot better in the lower tiers if you like that playstyle.

In reality though, we won't ever have as good of a meta as gen 4. The difference between fast/powerful and fast/power enough to be good is just too great. 

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Speaking of other tiers, I have been thinking about getting into UU, RU, or Doubles but I suck balls at the last one and I don't exactly know where to start with the other two since I am not too familiar with how the other two tiers operate. Got any useful advice to me on starting UU, Vezon?

That's the thing. You've got to just jump into it. As for UU, just use some things that you like or that you might think would be good. You'll quickly see what things are threats. You will need a Victini check as well as priority. You will also find that status is huge in the lower tiers and that support mons are very important, so I would recommend that you have a cleric and spinner/defoger if your team is at all weak to hazards.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

So megas for lopunny (normal/fight with scrappy) and altaria (fairy/dragon with pixelate) plus salamence (dragon/flying with aerilate)

Kinda seems like the page layout might house a 4th mega too beneath Altaria, but not seen any details of that.

corocoro9141.jpg

corocoro9142.jpg

corocoro9144.jpg

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Mence getting a STAB Return/Frustration with a virtual base power of 135.... WITH one of the best offensive type attacks..... EQ/DD/Claw/Return.....

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”