Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I HATE when they make distributions require going to a specific store and its worse when you have to ask for a code from the staff too.

It's like can't we just have like a website or something to go to to do something to get the code or just give it out over wifi!

I wish they'd of made Vivillon breedable in terms of the pattern you get rather than the design being decided on evolve by the system its on. Makes it kinda impossible to get a nicely trained one with anything other than the pattern for your locale.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Shame sending an egg over won't do good either if you are lucky to own another 3ds system.

Speaking of, why have I not got around to cheating my vivillon collection since I got another 3ds to work with? Oh right, getting the collection doesn't really feel that worth of a priority when I could try MM'ing.

I am betting it will have Levitate given it is shown to be floating. However, I would like to see something like Sheer Force or something since they might give Mega Gross a boost to SpA to go mixed.

Now I no longer have the feeling I wasted my time breeding a 5 iv Beldum. Steven is looking to be one fun champion unlike Diantha.

Mega Metagross was confirmed via CoroCoro scan. Serebii also notes the scan indicates Hoenn's dex might be expanded in OR/AS which is even more exciting. My only issue is that oddly placed spike which comes off looking phallic.

As cool as Metagross is (it is in my top 10 favorites of all time btw), it will need some serious help to be a usable mega. It is weak to ground, fire, ghost, and dark which as we know are super super common attacking types. Unless it gets a good ability like levitate or filter, it is just going to be another garbage mega.

As far as the design though, it is ok I guess.... 

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I am just hoping it is good enough so Steven isn't a laughable pushover like Diantha was.

What irritates me about the scan is that there is clearly info about the Gym Leaders and at least an Elite Four member, but the text and all is blurry and we don't have clear details. Hopefully a better quality scan shows up since that stuff (and the possible dex expansion) intrigued me more than MegaGros and its awkward spike.

I don't think the dex expansion is all that shocking - after all we already knew mega Diance was in there somewhere.

Plus it just makes sense for some pokemon of the later generations to get thrown in to the mix, plus probably most/some of the mega evolvers that aren't already in there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

As cool as Metagross is (it is in my top 10 favorites of all time btw), it will need some serious help to be a usable mega. It is weak to ground, fire, ghost, and dark which as we know are super super common attacking types. Unless it gets a good ability like levitate or filter, it is just going to be another garbage mega.

How about Tough Claws, with a huge speed boost and smaller increases everywhere else?

Now that it is confirmed that Metagross-M "has had its speed stat increased GREATLY" I have no issues with tough claws as an ability. Being able to see the full model of Metagross-M really changed my opinion on the mon as a whole. It has 8 arms (so 4 Metangs) like it should have been, and every single stat is increased. It could be my new favorite mega.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I still think that venu-m, gardev-m, and pinsir-m will all still see higher usage. However, something like Metagross with its great move pool could run a good mixed attacker role, sub3, or sub/agil set. Having a mega stone will also help keep knock-off damage to a minimum.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

• 3 weeks later...

When it comes to levelling up by friendship I am so glad I have a 5p coin at all times XD

Perfect size to wedge under the directional stick + centre of lumiose city = constant biking in a circle, leave it for like 30mins-1 hour and boom max friendship.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

When it comes to levelling up by friendship I am so glad I have a 5p coin at all times XD

Perfect size to wedge under the directional stick + centre of lumiose city = constant biking in a circle, leave it for like 30mins-1 hour and boom max friendship.

If you give the Pokemon a Soothe Bell and use Befriending Power level 3 then you can just feed it vitamins to get the friendship up while also getting it EV trained. Even quicker if it's in a Luxury Ball as well.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Luxury Ball already puts the friendship on 200. That is if it's freshly caught with it and not traded.

To evolve a Pokémon with friendship, said Pokémon needs 220 friendship. (Max is like 255).

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

For account help/issues, please follow this link:

Account Help

. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me or post here.

True that is great if you want to EV em up.

16 vitamins will get ya maxed after all

Vitamin being a basic +5, +3,+2 for 0-99, 100-199 and 200-255

+1 extra for soothe bell

+1 again for luxury ball

*3 for max befriending power.

Means you can get +21 for 5 vitamins to get to 105

+15 for the next 7 for 210

+12 for the last 4 to get to 255 (258 to be exact but can't go past max)

At Lioness afaik that is NOT what luxury ball does at all. Luxury ball simply adds +1 some friendship gains. Nothing on the major fansites seems to suggest its auto 200 either and all pokemon I have in them are not 200 from capture. Namely vitamins, ev lowering berries and the rare sodas from juice shoppe.

But anyway since I'm just doing it for living dex the lazy way works for me! If I have enough left over for befriend power after hatching stuff i use that too for even quickerness.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Sy, are you mixing me up with Kimberly?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?~ Marianne Williamson

Account Help

I saw it just after I posted but you ninja'd me before I edited. 

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Must have changed from the 3rd generation then. Can remember that was the case... Must've been mistaken I guess.

Account Help

The friend ball in Johto was the one that set it at 200. Kind of a shame that they limited those, really. 

I knew it! Didn't knew they changed it tho... that's why it always took me soo long to level these babies in X/Y =(.

Proves you learn something new everyday, even though it's like 10 years overdue.

Account Help

The friend ball in Johto was the one that set it at 200. Kind of a shame that they limited those, really. 

I knew it! Didn't knew they changed it tho... that's why it always took me soo long to level these babies in X/Y =(.

Proves you learn something new everyday, even though it's like 10 years overdue.

They didn't really change it, the friend ball and luxury ball are entirely separate - you can even obtain both via normal in-game methods in HG and SS

Even still possible to have pokemon in friend balls via transfers (dunno if the secondary effect applies to the new breeding ball inherit though. I'd guess no since description specifies wild and caught) just need to be mons from gold,silver,crystal, heart or soul

Plv6Dz6.jpg