Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I would finish the national dex but I sold my pearl about a year ago - with a full complement of all the previous legendaries :'(

That sucks!

Though you can totally get them back via 'fakemon'

Messing around on my black game I used pokedit to build pokemon the lazy way to mess around with friends and testing them against pokemon bank pretty much all their defaults are built just right in terms of stats and orgins etc to pass checks so you can get them into x and y. The only ones that (quite predictably) don't work from default is an assortment of event-only pokemon that the defaults don't account for and 1 or 2 others. Using messing about the only ones I hit on that wouldnt be allowed were Terrakion due to an illegal move and Arceus, Keldeo, Genesect, Melloetta who all worked fine from the event pokemon database.

Also worth noting you can build up a good portion of the older legendaries totally legit for national dex purposes, even if not caught.

The three birds are all catchable.

Mewtwo is too obv.

Celebi can be garnered via the pokebank event (2nd time you use it its the gift you get)

Then at the Battle Maison

Nita uses the tao trio

Evelyn uses the three beats + Latias

Dana uses the three golems (and the three birds)

Morgan uses the three swords of justice + Latios

So in terms of pre Gen 5 legendaries all that is 100% missing is Mew, Lugia, [garden tool]-oh, Kyorge, Groundon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Jirachi, Uxie, Mespirt, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigas, Giratina, Cresselia, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

But the silver lining there is most of them can be traded for on the GTS afaik only Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Shaymin and Arceus can't be traded due to being event-only sources.

Of course still a pita and a bummer, be at least we have pokebank now so we can throw a few bucks at it every time a new gen arrives and safely transport a collection across. In a week or two I'm gonna start my big breeding mission to try and get a lvl 100 of every single pokemon stored up and see if I can't make a few peoples day on wonder trade with some of the non-obtainable in this gen pokemon, or ones people ask an arm and a leg for on gts (eg bulba, squirtle, charmander, chespin, froakie and fennekin)

Correction: Nita uses the three genies. Tao trio is the one for Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem. Also, Gwyn, simply seeing everything in the Kalos dex is enough for Oval Charm/trainer card color change. It's the capturing that is required for Shiny Charm. Strangely, I am still puzzled why there is no color upgrade when finishing the National Dex.

I might be willing to trade 1st-5th gen mons (normal/event/legendary) for some 6th gen competitive stuff with perfect IVs. I'll have to do some testing with Pokebank though to see what I can get through and what I can't.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I did some googling and it does seem to be catch them all for shiny charm; though it does not require Event Legendaries menaing you only need 706/718 (since they are untradable thereby making it impossible if you weren't there to get them)

So Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect are excluded from the 'complete' count.

So that makes Octarine's hit list:

Suicune

Raikou

Entei

Lugia

[garden tool]-oh

Regirock

Regice

Registeel

Latios

Latias

Kyorge

Groudon

Rayquaza

Uxie

Mesprit

Azelf

Dialga

Palkia

Heatran

Regigas

Giratina

Cresselia

Phione

I think I have most, if not all, of them sitting around on a white game cartridge I had from a friend when they sold their DS; if I was asked nicely I could probably trade them for any old junk since I don't need em. Heck could even pokebank them into X for trade in the next couple of weeks while I still got trial running.

Edit: Just checked and I do actually have all of them on tht list + a full set of the event ones (which can be traded in non GTS)

Quite glad I checked I realised I've left a rather important Ditto on there for my breeding plans lol.

Sidebar - does anyone know if the power bracelet etc. work in XY for breeding like they did in BW2 where they force a particular IV from the parent holding it onto the baby?

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Sidebar - does anyone know if the power bracelet etc. work in XY for breeding like they did in BW2 where they force a particular IV from the parent holding it onto the baby?

They do. I think I read that it also stacks with the destiny knot, but you're probably better off with knot/everstone.

They do. I think I read that it also stacks with the destiny knot, but you're probably better off with knot/everstone.

Agreed. The only reason to even get the power items is because it makes ev training a complete breeze with hordes (especially with a Pokerus infection). With both parents at 4-5 IV, it doesn't take long to get a 5 IV child with the right nature anyway.

Breeding up some perfect pokemon ought to be a breeze for me in XY it seems.

I have the magical perfection of a 6 IV perfect Ditto.

So if I'm not mistaken I can breed for moves only learnable as egg moves and they will 100% pass down and ensure I've got the hidden ability if required.

Then I can breed for the desired nature.

Then with everstoned parent and destiny knotted perfect ditto I should be able to reasonably quickly breed a perfect IV offspring.

Only ones that may prove tricky are ones with gender limitations (eg breeding for a female combee to get a perfect vespiqueen)

Especially once I get hatching opower lvl 3 and setup a fletchling with flamebody and fly so I can quickly move between daycare, lumiose and kiloude + further speed up hatching all in 1 pokemon.

My only issue will be I kinda want to gather a perfect IV collection of all 719 (with obvious exceptions in that legendaries and unown can't be perfected as they can't breed) so I'm gonna come mildly stuck on some of the evo items like dusk stone where you need more than there are in-game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Breeding up some perfect pokemon ought to be a breeze for me in XY it seems.

I have the magical perfection of a 6 IV perfect Ditto.

So if I'm not mistaken I can breed for moves only learnable as egg moves and they will 100% pass down and ensure I've got the hidden ability if required.

Then I can breed for the desired nature.

Then with everstoned parent and destiny knotted perfect ditto I should be able to reasonably quickly breed a perfect IV offspring.

Only ones that may prove tricky are ones with gender limitations (eg breeding for a female combee to get a perfect vespiqueen)

Especially once I get hatching opower lvl 3 and setup a fletchling with flamebody and fly so I can quickly move between daycare, lumiose and kiloude + further speed up hatching all in 1 pokemon.

My only issue will be I kinda want to gather a perfect IV collection of all 719 (with obvious exceptions in that legendaries and unown can't be perfected as they can't breed) so I'm gonna come mildly stuck on some of the evo items like dusk stone where you need more than there are in-game.

Good luck achieving that goal. Sincerely. I wouldn't even want to get 719 perfect Pokemon with Pokesav/Pokegen.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Well since Octarine seems unresponsive to my offerings it seems I have spares of Mew, All of Gen 2, 3 and 4 and the event legendaries from 5 (Victini, meloetta, keldeo, genesect) sitting around. Might have to dump em in Wondertrade.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

So event legends are restricted on there too?

Ah well, can dump most in there.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

It's weird they can nail the Electric Gym puzzle in one go yet have colossal difficulty escaping a supermarket.

Also, hatched a Shiny Skarmory yesterday 8 eggs after putting a Skarmory and a foreign ditto parent in. HP IV leaves something to be desired, but getting a shiny that quickly is pretty neat.

It's weird they can nail the Electric Gym puzzle in one go yet have colossal difficulty escaping a supermarket.

Also, hatched a Shiny Skarmory yesterday 8 eggs after putting a Skarmory and a foreign ditto parent in. HP IV leaves something to be desired, but getting a shiny that quickly is pretty neat.

Fewer playing at that point, which helped a lot.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I did something super funny yesterday in Sapphire.

I was at the second Gym and reached Brawly's Makuhita (Lv. 18)

He had KOed every higher level Pokémon I had and all I had left was a Lv. 7 Nincada.

So I'm like "lol let's try anyway", and that when I found out that the AI made him use Knock Off every time (since Fighting moves are not very effective against Bug.)

Nincada had like 23 HP total and each Knock Off only knocked off ~less than 1/3 of my HP, so I was able to just repeatedly use Cut once, then heal up, then use Cut, then heal, etc.

And that's the story of how I was able to defeat Brawly's Lv. 18 Makuhita with a Lv. 7 Nincada without any problems at all.

There always seems to be a bit of a curve ball in the gyms in these games.

Its like in XY with the final gym being ice type - 2 of his pokemon have a 2* weakness to fire, 1 of them has a 4* weakness to fire and considering you can use to lvl 90 pokemon and his are only like 50s you can pretty much 1 hit the entire gym battle with a well trained charizard, delphox, talonflame, pyroar, pansear/simisear etc.

I mean most of the other gyms you can find a few pokemon that are strong to the typings in like the route or 2 before you arrive and with the early gyms especially your margin for being stronger than them in lvls is very narrow, but by the time you rock up to gym 8 you can be like 40 levels stronger and the best pokemon options are all found early on (fletching from route 2, pansear in santalune forest, litleo can be picked up on route 22 before you even head to lumiose, fennekin can be your first pokemon and charmander can be picked up before route 4 is even touched)

In some ways I feel like they ran out of a steam a little on the gyms and route populations towards the end of XY - if you try to catch atleast 1 pokemon from every evo family along the way most locations have 2 or 3 to offer atleast. But fishing runs out of new pokemon like 1/2 way round the map leaving just poli's and basculins for the other half of the map (aside from dratini in route 21) and by the time you hit route 19 there is literally only 1 new pokemon to be found there. Pokemon Village suffers similarly - everything but Ditto (and mewtwo) is found on Route 20 on the way there anyway.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

That's really nothing new, though. Endgame/near-endgame routes are usually populated with evolved forms of early-mid game mons, maaaybe with a new option or two. You're generally expected (by other players, if not by Game Freak) to have your final team in mind by the midgame.

Its strange how so many players are very much 'my team' orientated especially in XY where its super easy to train pokemon up quite quickly when it makes more sense to swap out the entire team for each event and if you are playing "properly" you ought not be able to make a pokemon league team til you tried it once or twice and got to know the typings.

I've actually sat starting to work out my final team this afternoon looking at the typings I know ideally I want fire, ground, ice, dragon, electric, water and rock in the mix. With fight, steel, fairy, psychic, grass and steel coming in a close 2nd for good options whilst Normal, Poison and Bug seem to be bad to include.

Charizard and Golurk are high on my probable list atm.

Meowstic and Florges also seem like good contenders at this point.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Its strange how so many players are very much 'my team' orientated especially in XY where its super easy to train pokemon up quite quickly when it makes more sense to swap out the entire team for each event and if you are playing "properly" you ought not be able to make a pokemon league team til you tried it once or twice and got to know the typings.

I've actually sat starting to work out my final team this afternoon looking at the typings I know ideally I want fire, ground, ice, dragon, electric, water and rock in the mix. With fight, steel, fairy, psychic, grass and steel coming in a close 2nd for good options whilst Normal, Poison and Bug seem to be bad to include.

Charizard and Golurk are high on my probable list atm.

Meowstic and Florges also seem like good contenders at this point.

The worst part of planning a team in preparation for something is that the metagame can change so quickly that some of the things you base your team around are obsolete.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Okay, I have absolutely no luck with this and it's driving me nuts.

I'm looking for a Bulbasaur OR Ivysaur OR Venusaur. It can be a complete piece of garbage, I don't care. I just want it for dex completion. I've had an offer of a Charmander in for a Bulbasaur at the GTS for over a week now with no luck.

If any of you have one you're willing to trade, let me know and mention what you want in exchange. I have pokemon x.

hzvjpwS.gif

Okay, I have absolutely no luck with this and it's driving me nuts.

I'm looking for a Bulbasaur OR Ivysaur OR Venusaur. It can be a complete piece of garbage, I don't care. I just want it for dex completion. I've had an offer of a Charmander in for a Bulbasaur at the GTS for over a week now with no luck.

If any of you have one you're willing to trade, let me know and mention what you want in exchange. I have pokemon x.

I can breed one for you if you want.

Side bar: I was thinking today I should hit up reddit or something see if I can't get someone to trade me a blazikenite since I missed the event, after all by the time I'm done getting all the legendary birds via Y game I'll have a spare yvetal and mewtwo y; plus I can have double spares of all the both addition megastones and 1 spare of all the y only stones.

Plv6Dz6.jpg