Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Interesting. It seems Bridgette, a character from Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire from 3 generations ago, is going to be connected to Pokebank/Transporter. That's a bit strange they would take someone from Generation III instead of making a new character.

Interesting. It seems Bridgette, a character from Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire from 3 generations ago, is going to be connected to Pokebank/Transporter. That's a bit strange they would take someone from Generation III instead of making a new character.

stuff stuff

stuff

rs remake confirmed

stuff

stuff stuff

stuff

[/sarcasm]

I think the patch was more to remove the ability to see what attacks the other person used in battles then it was to disable instacheck. Apparently that was rampant enough in ranked battles so it's reasonable. Still a little sad about instacheck though.

Sc.png

At least I did get one shiny out of it. 

Speaking of ranked battles, decided to try one out. Surprised I won (without losing a single mon) in spite of not thinking it through and used a fully physical offense team while my opponent used Gyarados/Manectric-M/Physically defensive Vaporeon. Only won because I predicted better and didn't get burned by Scald. I should improve myself next time.

I've wanted to get into the competitive battling scene for a while. I just need to learn how to breed appropriately first.

From Reddit

Does your pokemon have a hidden ability you want to pass down? If not, skip to step 2. If it has two standard abilities, I recommend just disregarding the ability for now, win 200 BP in the Battle Maison, buy an ability capsule, and use it later to switch abilities to the one you want.

1) Catch your pokemon with its hidden ability. Let's use Dratini as the example. Make sure it's male, so it can breed with a Ditto and pass down the ability. (In future steps, assume the Dratini is MALE, when breeding with a Ditto, to ensure the hidden ability is passed. I don't think a female will work with a Ditto, but someone can correct me IF they experienced otherwise.) Both male and female pokemon can pass down hidden abilities through a Ditto. It is NEVER a sure thing the offspring will carry it, so keep trying til it does.

2) Breed with a Ditto of the right nature. The Ditto should be holding the Everstone. Hatch the Dratini.

3) Attach Everstone to the offspring (Dratini). Put it back in the daycare with a Ditto that has the IV you want (Let's say it's ATK). Make sure the Ditto is holding power bracer. This will guarantee ATK is passed down. Hatch the new Dratini. Attach the Everstone to it (repeat on every step, always attach Everstone to the parent whose nature you want to pass down, typically the non-Ditto).

4) This Dratini has perfect IVs in ATK. Next we want SPEED. Attach power anklet to a Ditto with perfect SPEED IVs, then pair it up with our most recent Dratini. Here's where we might have to try multiple times. The next Dratini will be guaranteed to have max IVs in SPEED, but it may not have max IVs in ATK anymore. Why?

The resulting Dratini inherits 3 stats from its parents, and 3 are randomly generated. If ATK is one of the randomly generated IVs, it won't be max (unless you get lucky, which is unlikely). Even if it IS one of the inherited stats, it may be inherited from the Ditto, and not the Dratini. Remember, our Ditto does not have perfect ATK IVs, only SPEED. However, if you catch a Ditto with perfect ATK AND SPEED in the friend safari, this makes things easier. That means that as long as ATK is one of the 3 inherited, it will be perfect, cause both parents have perfect ATK.

We want to keep breeding until the judge in Kiloude city tells us both ATK and SPEED are max. This may take (quite) a few tries. NOTE: Attaching a different power item to both parents does not guarantee two perfect stats are passed down, and nature becomes randomized again since you took off Everstone, so I advise against this.

5) We now have a Dratini with perfect ATK, and perfect SPEED. Repeating the above steps with the other Dittos will only get you as far as 3 perfect IVs. The way to get 5 requires Destiny Knot, and preferably a Ditto with multiple perfect IVs (at least the two you are missing), in my case my very lovely 4 IV Ditto, which I caught with perfect HP, DEF, SPATK, and SPDEF.

6) Once you have parents who, between the two of them, have your five different perfect IVs, you can start using the Destiny Knot. I gave the Destiny Knot to the 4 IV Ditto. My ideal Dratini has perfect HP, ATK, DEF, SPDEF, and SPEED. I don't need SPATK. It can possibly inherit ATK and SPEED from the Dratini parent, and the other three from the Ditto, thanks to Destiny Knot.

It's important to note that Destiny Knot simply expands the number of inherited parental IVs from 3 to 5. So 5 of Dratini's 6 stats are now coming from either of its parents, not necessarily the holder of Destiny Knot. This means that although we have the potential to produce that "ideal" Dratini I described, it may not inherit the right stats from the right parent. I want SPEED from the Dratini parent, for example, but it may inherit imperfect SPEED from the Ditto instead, which would make it a dud. Every egg is a new attempt at the ideal offspring.

All you can do now is hatch, hatch, hatch. Probability is a [bleep]. But here's a tip: during this step, you may hatch a Dratini with ATK, SPEED (the stats which the Ditto can't pass down for me), and other perfect IVs, but not all five you want. At this point, switch out the Dratini parent with this new Dratini to increase your chances of passing down perfect IVs. You may even decide to switch out the Ditto with another opposite-gender Dratini, assuming it has MORE perfect IVs. Just ensure that between the two, all five IVs you want are present. Eventually you'll get one with your five desired perfect IVs. This may take hours (as it did for me), especially since the hidden ability being passed is never a guarantee.

7) If you want six perfect IVs, do step 6 AGAIN, until you get another fiver with the same stats, of a different gender. Breed the two fivers together, one with Everstone, one with Destiny Knot. Destiny Knot can still only ensure 5 out of 6 will be passed down, but eventually, the sixth randomly determined stat will be perfect too. There's no trick to this part, just lots of hatching. However, I don't think this is necessary at all unless you run a mixed attacker, right? No need to be obsessive...

Also I have a shiny Charizard if anyone wanted to trade, looking for other shinys/competetive.

Shiny Charizard: 31 satt/att ivs, relaxed nature, speed/satt ev trained.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I've wanted to get into the competitive battling scene for a while. I just need to learn how to breed appropriately first.

Play on the simulator "Pokemon Showdown" instead of wasting hundreds of hours breeding Pokemon that you have no affinity for. Once you get the hang of the metagame, then start breeding if you want to play over wi-fi.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work after the 1.2 patch, but someone might as well give it a shot.

19509_s.gif

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

I don't know how its been in the last few generations, but I used to do almost that exact same thing back in gen I (obviously two GBC via link cable, turn one off at the right time). When I saw that video I thought to myself "And they still haven't found a way to fix that?"

Flyingjj.png

According to Serebii, a special Celebi is going to be distributed those who access Pokebank before Sept 2014. Recover/Heal Bell/Safeguard/Hold Back (which is some variant of False Swipe). Wait a moment while I delightfully squee.

Meloetta = garbage mon

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Tell me why is isn't completely outclassed by other mons for each viable set it can run. C'mon, do you honestly think you know more than me about this game?

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”

Translation: Meloetta is not a very good mon compared to others, especially in a competitive environment.

That make enough sense to you, Penguin?

Not at all off-topic or irrelevant. 

Every time I have used it, I was 100% dead weight. Alakazam, Lucario, Gengar, Reuniclus, and Azelf can do everything it wishes it could do just better. If you want to run it physical, it gets hard stopped by ghosts. You have to waste a turn just to get into physical form as well as a moveslot. On the physical side, Terrakion gives you the immediate power that you need with a much better typing without having to piss around with relic song. It lacks priority, bulk, and speed (until transformed that is).

Overall, just a waste of a team slot. And if you are talking about the "in-game" part of the game..... Please. You can make ANY Pokemon able to crush just about any trainer in the game. And if you were thinking about Battle Train or something like that, I'm pretty sure it is banned from that.

19509_s.gif

“Mmmhmm.”