Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

I really need to get X and/or Y... I'm replaying Heartgold right now, instead, until I can convince myself to buy it.

I am in the same position, finishing off SoulSilver which by the way is a great game but I am undecided whether to get a 2DS just to play X/Y.

SUPER.gif

I heard something about monochrome sprites or something, but I dismissed that as a mere rumor. I guess that is what was meant by "albino". Although, monochrome versions of some mons look interesting, most would likely look unappealing to me.

Apparently there are new shinies that are albino

Do share.

Lots of rumors, not much confirmation. I've seen a screenshot of a "albino" pikachu but that's the only thing. If there really was a new type of shiny I figure after 2 weeks we would have confirmed that by now. 

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. The people reporting it haven't shown anything that would point to it being a new shiny like an entrance animation, or a symbol on the summary page, or a separate form in the Pokedex.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Just got wi fi so i can try all the fun stuff out now :wub: How does the friend code thing work. does the other person have to accept an invite or just add and go?

fc- 2036-7650-5024

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Just got wi fi so i can try all the fun stuff out now :wub: How does the friend code thing work. does the other person have to accept an invite or just add and go?

fc- 2036-7650-5024

Both parties are required to add each-others friendcode. 

Luck be a Lady

Yet to get a shiny via breeding. Not counting the scripted/gift shinies (Gyarados, Gible, Dratini), I only had 3 shinies. They all basically suck or I don't have anymore.

Y: The aforementioned Zangoose.

White: A Dunparce without Serene Grace (no longer have)

Platinum: A Geodude (still yet to evolve it)

Speaking of shinies, they seriously need to re-do Garchomp's shiny coloring. It is barely any different from its normal coloration.

Is it weird the main thing I noticed was how your OT number is like mine from Black 2 in that it's a palindrome (42124 in B2)?

You truly won big. Show us what Shinaught looks like.

Chesnaut is actually looking to be decently strong. Bulletproof is surprisingly strong. He can almost completely wall Gengar (immune to shadow ball/sludge bomb/focus blast from bulletproof, resist tbolt, though gets hit by dazzling gleam if he's running it). Delphox is the weakest of the starters this gen competitive wise. 

Here's a list of everything bulletproof is known to block so far:

Shadow ball

Aura sphere

Energy ball 

Mud bomb

Sludge bomb

Seed bomb

Ice ball

Focus blast

Gyro Ball

Electro ball

Bullet seed

Acid Spray

Barrage

Egg Bomb

Magnet Bomb

Octazooka

Weather Ball

Rollout

Acid spray

Bullet punch is not blocked

I've been trying out mega houndoom on showdown today, he's alright. He gets solar power as an ability, and has dark/grass/fire/poison coverage which is lackluster but workable. He's still pretty slow, only 115 base speed in his mega form with 140 special attack. He's reliant on having sun up so I run lead ninetales with heat rock. 

I'm looking for pokes that can counter talonflame. I was thinking one of the water/rock types to resist both of his stabs, I have carracosta on my team atm but I haven't faced one to try it yet and he's not that good. Any suggestions? I really hate that things ability. 120 bp priority move is dumb. 

I just finished raising up my talonflame perfect IVs in everything but sp. atk.  There are probably other counters than carracosta but I can't think of any at the moment.

So far I've gotten 4 shiny pokemon from fishing (2 claunchers, a horsea, and staryu), I've trade all but staryu away.  I also got a shiny japanese ditto with def/s.def IVs so that's been fun.

I've also been farming dittos trying to get one with 0 speed IV for aegislash but I've been having no luck with that.  I did however just get one with hp, atk, s.def, and spd, but it has 0 def.  I'll probably go back to farming since there's an audino in the same safari so I can kind of level up and farm for dittos at the same time.

I think I'll start breeding kangaskhan next for a mega since I don't really have anything for a battle party done other than talonflame.  Either way this game has been keeping me occupied for awhile.

Sc.png

One doesn't even have to play Scape in the past to find them annoying. 

Also, this is apparently what the Honedge line looks shiny:

l5pfskf.jpg

Darklight_equipped.png

Identical.

If I get a shiny Honedge, I'm definitely keeping it as a Doublade.

One doesn't even have to play Scape in the past to find them annoying. 

Also, this is apparently what the Honedge line looks shiny:

l5pfskf.jpg

Darklight_equipped.png

Identical.

If I get a shiny Honedge, I'm definitely keeping it as a Doublade.

They are not identical at all. The hilt is completely different which is the most defining feature. 

That they come in 4 different sizes?

Also, not sure if this is real but it seems some guy is hacking their game and found these three things:

Y1olmLD.png

I really find Volcanion's design appealing to me, if it is real.

• Like 1

/vp/ is doing a massive pumpkaboo wonder trade dump today is probably what he's referring to. I'm sure other people are doing it as well, since it's halloween. 

Was Wonder trading earlier, someone had a message "Trick or Treat", and promptly traded me a Gastly named Trick.

Only hit one Gourgeist in trading earlier :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.