Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

• 3 weeks later...

Pokemon-centric Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 12 midday uk time :D Really hoping for a reveal of the evolutions of the starters, I just can't make my decision without that :P

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Some info:

You get 2 starters, 1 from new region, and 1 of the original 3.

Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur confirmed megaevolutions

Pokemon Bank announced, it's a sort of website you can transfer your pokemon to that can store up to 3000.

I'm not sure, but I think I heard them mention that every pokemon would have a mega evolution. :shock:

5eqeE4t.jpg

EDIT: More information from the site. Mega Charizard gets Drought. Mega Venusaur gets Thick Fat and Mega Blastoise gets something called Mega Launcher.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I am seriously hoping the Bank thing isn't the only way I can send my Gen V mons over. It's starting to become the "deal breaker" that is making me hesitate buying X/Y, because the idea of forking over money for a transfer service that should have been part of the games in the first place and my unreliable internet connection may mean I will never get to send over the Pokemon I bred.

At least Charizard finally can shine, literally.

Price quoted for the bank in japan was 500 yen, which is a few quid if the price is similar over here, which isn't too bad I guess.

They did state that the bank would be out on the 25th of december in japan though.. A whole 10 weeks after the game is released, which is pretty naff tbh..

E: Also my brother has a shiny adamant charmander to start X&Y with, he's rather pleased with this today then :P

Edited by Octarine

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

I am seriously hoping the Bank thing isn't the only way I can send my Gen V mons over. It's starting to become the "deal breaker" that is making me hesitate buying X/Y, because the idea of forking over money for a transfer service that should have been part of the games in the first place and my unreliable internet connection may mean I will never get to send over the Pokemon I bred.

There's a 1 month free trial for when the Bank comes out. Also, $5 a year is a pretty good deal considering you can restart your game without losing anything now.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

There's a 1 month free trial for when the Bank comes out. Also, $5 a year is a pretty good deal considering you can restart your game without losing anything now.

Yeah, $5 a year is nothing for how convenient it is. You're basically just paying for basic server maintenence.

Semi-update?

When you download Pokémon Bank, you can also download the linked application Poké Transporter! When you insert a Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 Game Card into a Nintendo 3DS system, you'll be able to use Poké Transporter to transfer Pokémon from these games into their own online Boxes. Then, you can easily transfer those Pokémon into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y using Pokémon Bank!

Poké Transporter is a free downloadable application for the Nintendo 3DS system that will be available along with Pokémon Bank. Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Corocoro was leaked this morning.

The other mewtwo form was revealed, Garchomp gets a mega evolution, the starters first evolutions were shown (oh god fennekin is horrible), and a couple new pokemon were shown.

tEc9SPI.png

Wow fairy is immune to dragon attacks and beats dragon/dark/fighting. Only weak to steel/poison. Steel got nerfed too. Metagross/Bronzong/Jirachi are all weak to dark and ghost now

Eelektross and its pre evo's are now the only pokemon in the game without a weakness, excluding any unknown new pokemon in this generation. Sableye and Spiritomb now are weak to fairy.

Honestly, I kinda like Fennekin's evo with it's Witch-like look. Same for Froakie's. Chespin's looks like a Grass-type version of Pignite, which is to say disgusting. Good thing I didn't consider working on breeding up a Hydreigon; that 4x Fairy Weakness is rather unpleasing. Steel's nerfing seemed a bit unnecessary to me. A bit of a shame since I was thinking of using a Honedge for its nice typing. As long as the clothing customization actually has some choices and not just a bunch of palette swaps, I am looking forward to making my own character with a personal design in mind.

@Alg: Why do I feel that is going to happen and it won't be pretty?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like 2 of the starter pokemon's final evolutions have been leaked.

http://m.imgur.com/dq0Vzt4

I have to say they look legit. Really liking the froakie line.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder what type it will be or if it will be something related to the pseudo-legendary line of its region. I guess I will be getting my answer tomorrow after I wake up. As for that image, I am rather doubtful of its legitimacy, but that may just be my skepticism.

It feels like September is going by in a blink of an eye. Kalos is kind of feeling closer on the horizon more and more by the minute.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I wonder what type it will be or if it will be something related to the pseudo-legendary line of its region. I guess I will be getting my answer tomorrow after I wake up. As for that image, I am rather doubtful of its legitimacy, but that may just be my skepticism.

It feels like September is going by in a blink of an eye. Kalos is kind of feeling closer on the horizon more and more by the minute.

The rumors are froakies line is water/fighting and fennekins is fire/psychic. Not sure on chespin, but grass/dark has been thrown out.

The rumors are froakies line is water/fighting and fennekins is fire/psychic. Not sure on chespin, but grass/dark has been thrown out.

Would be nice for that to happen, given it'd be the first time since Sinnoh that all 3 starters would become dual-typed. Although, I am unsure if I would use Chespin then given it would mean a huge bug weakness (thankfully, the bug leader is first on the lineup) along with a weakness to the new type. Right now, I am still split if I want to use Froakie or Fennekin given both look promising team members on a normal run unlike Unova's starters, given I dropped those mid-game for something else. Given Froakie's ninja motif, it might be the first water starter that doesn't play low-middling speed with emphasis on offense and defense and that is a bit refreshing compared to the past five generations (of course I did use four of those given my preferences, but still). With 2-3 weeks till I get a hold of the games, here's to hoping it lives up to the hype.

Change in subject: If Doublade is any indication, it looks like Honedge is going to be Kalos' answer to Magnemite/Beldum/Klink. Hoping the third evolution is some full suit or armor or something though, that is if it gets a third evolution. Seriously, I hope the character customization has scarves with its colors fashioned off of Honedge and Doublade's tassles. It'd be perfect.

Some mechanical stuff:

• Pokémon gain experience even when the opposing wild Pokémon is caught – subsequently a caught Pokémon gives the same experience points as a defeated one.
  • Sky Battles are limited to Flying-type Pokémon and those with the Levitate ability – some moves can’t be used.
  • There is an adjustment to the inheritance system of breeding.
  • Ghost-type Pokémon can freely escape from battle without being influenced by Shadow Tag.
  • The item Exp. Share will revert to Exp. All as in Generation I, where when one Pokémon holding this item participates in battle, all other Pokémon in the team receive experience as well. Unlike in Generation I, the experience is not split but rather received by all Pokémon. This means that the participating Pokémon receives 100% experience, while non-participating Pokémon gain 50% experience.
  • When distributing new moves and abilities, priority was given to new Pokémon.
  • The CGI style is different from Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Battle Revolution, as those games were supposed to emulate “realism within fantasy”. Since the handheld Pokémon series is supposed to be accessible to everyone, battles were made “cuter”.
  • The standard selection process for Pokémon Mega Evolution is based on three points: visual looks, popularity and game balance.
  • The power-up of Mega-Evolved Pokémon is meant to elevate them to the class of legendary Pokémon, hence the restriction of only one Pokémon being allowed to hold a Mega Stone during battles.
  • The timing to Mega-Evolve is selectable.
  • Some moves, with focus on special ones, have had their power and accuracy revamped.

Source.

Considering one of their factors for deciding on what mons can mega evolve was popularity, this kinda explains why no Gen VI mons will have a mega evo for now. Also, it would be safe to assume that one of the moves that cannot be used in a Sky Battle would be Stealth Rock. Would be kind of nice if they explained if we would get EVs from catching a Pokemon as well or not.

Oh well, sucks I cannot use Lucky Egg + Exp Share as I did in Gen V.