Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Nevermind

I was running Nuzlocke and the Karrablast died.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nuzlocke is a custom game type. It's hard mode for pokemon. You can only capture the first pokemon you find in a region, the rest of them. Another rule is that if a pokemon feints, it's considered dead and can't be used any more.

You can read more about it here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Nuzlocke_Challenge

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• 1 month later...

http://www.nintendo....ect-698557.html

Gen 6 confirmed, Version X and Y (Z will be the third game later on most likely). 5 Pokemon revealed, the three starters and 2 legendarys. It's a full 3D game on the 3DS, releases worldwide simultaneously October 2013.

Good stuff. Looking forward to the changes to the metagame.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Kinda mixed on this. Part of me was hoping for a Hoenn remake in Gen V before they went on to Gen VI. As for the starters, this is the first time I feel like not wanting to pick the water starter. Now I want to know details about the region and stuff. Despite my feelings, I welcome this Letter Generation. ^_^

Oh well, time to hoard cash for a 3DS in the meantime. :3

Been waiting for a full 3D pokemon game for years and years :D also its nice to see previous-gen pokemon mixed in as standard, which is one point I thought B&W2 did very well. Looking forward to it :)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Game Freak has 2 teams: a Remake/Third version Team and a main Team. The Main team has been working on X&Y since BW where released in 2010 in Japan, so 3 years between releases is not that bad really.

Loving the battle scenes, the overworld is hit and miss, here's hoping they'll polish up for the SIMULTANEOUS RELEASE IN OCTOBER OMG YES.

Hype levels are through the roof, all the starters look great, the legendaries look allright (specially the Stag, reminds me of princess mononoke's nature spirit) and the trainer would be perfect if not the glasses.

Bring it on Gen 6

Lol at magikarp and Psyduck getting owned in the trailer

Been waiting for a full 3D pokemon game for years and years :D also its nice to see previous-gen pokemon mixed in as standard, which is one point I thought B&W2 did very well. Looking forward to it :)

it was inevitable after they released the complete regional pokedex 3d app with every pokemon modeled and rigged for movement

you don't waste that kind of development time on a cheap app

8f14270694.jpg

I'm excited. We're finally a worldwide release and everyone gets to start playing at the same time.

People will hate me for this but I kind of want Fennekin to be Fire/Fighting. Anything else would be disappointing.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

For the first time, I find the water starter to be crazy ugly.

And both the legendaries look that way too.

But I'm liking Fennekin.

I love 3D Pokemon games. There's something about being able to stand on top of a ledge and under it that is satisfying.

There better be a good mountain range, and that Paris-looking place better be of Castelia City quality.

How I would love that.

And on the topic of older/current games:

I am still a Diamond fanatic, and overall a Gen 4 fanatic. The graphics aren't half bad, the storylines are good, they didn't overdo it with the wi-fi.

I found Black to be very lacking, and it was the FIRST ONE I PLAYED. First is the lack of previous generation pokemon. Once I beat the game, I was like, "GAAAAH! NO PIKACHU!" because from watching bits of the anime when I was 7, I thought something like "Holy crap, Pikachu has gotta be AWESOME!!!!"

Then I get a Pikachu in Diamond, and I ditch it to train my Ralts. I also loved Chatot because of the talking thing, then I found its abysmal stats and traded him in for a Staravia I caught really early.

Every time I developed the habit of the "substitute technique", and not the move Substitute. I mean filling my party and using the untrained wimps as place holders while I revived my starter and/or legendary. Then I hit a wall in Emerald, my third game, where Tate and Liza kicked my butt when I tried that. Then I developed a love of Wailord when it helped me beat them.

In my Diamond, I now drag around a top-quality Lickilicky named Bero who is approaching Master Contest Winner, my starter Empoleon, Harry, who kicks poke-butt, Joe the Staraptor, Aragorn the Bibarel HM Slave, Galadriel the Gardevoir, and Frodo, my Weavile, who I carry as a False Swipe user.

(Yes, I name them after Lord of the Rings Characters.)

And of course every trainer needs friends. Since my Emerald pooped out on me, I needed the Regis to get Regigias, so my pal 'Sensei' NITRO (as he is usernamed) lent me the ones he caught in his Ruby game. My pal MACK (not his real name) got a bunch of his Pokemon trained by Sensei (who I lost a bet to) so he has a bunch of effortlessly obtained level 100s, along with a Mewtwo with crazy defense.

Well, I'm open to new friends (considering my only ones are my HeartGold profile, this Pen guy, and the aforementioned trainers), so drop a line, PLEASE!!!!

Supporter of Treasure Trails and can't stand non-matching armor.

1) Personally, I can't stand Fennekin's design.

2) Black/White/Black2/White2 probably had one of the best stories of any of the games that I have played, and getting a whole slew of new Pokemon was exciting. So I really don't know why you didn't like it.

3) Everybody has death fodder Pokemon that they sacrifice, unless you know what you are doing and don't need to sack stuff

4) Your team is super mega ultra Scrafty weak (just pointing it out)

And I would be your friend that always smashes you in Pokemon battles, but I only play 5th gen.

Nice to know I am not the only one who finds Fennekin a bit too hyped. I also agree with you on the plot of 5th gen's games since it's more in depth compared to the previous ones, primarily because of how they addressed several unfortunate implications in the games the first time and the second going for full out "take over Unova" with upping the ante (honestly, I found the attack on Opelucid awesome). Hell, I even loved Ghetsis because of how well of a character he is in the villainous sense. The music is pretty damn sweet too, especially B2W2's remixes plus Shadow Triad's.

It also helps B2W2 isn't a huge [bleep] when it comes to grinding BP considering how cheaper the items are now. The tournament style of the PWT (I honestly am not fond of the Subway for a few reasons) is actually quite enjoyable considering who you're fighting.