Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Yeah I usually go with char. Kind of a weird question, but I always seem to let the levels of my team slack, and rush through everything so by the time i get to the elite 4, I have 6 pokemon in the lvl 40-45 range. How can I remedy this? Also, what is a good team of semi rare pokemon? No legendaries please.

Yeah I usually go with char. Kind of a weird question, but I always seem to let the levels of my team slack, and rush through everything so by the time i get to the elite 4, I have 6 pokemon in the lvl 40-45 range. How can I remedy this? Also, what is a good team of semi rare pokemon? No legendaries please.

Define semi-rare.

Hard to find or rarely used? Because, for example, Lapras is a good example of a hard to find but is commonly used because Ash used one for so long, whereas Hypno is easy to find but not used very often.

There are no "good" semi-rare Pokemon in Kanto.

Kanto is either really really good or abd beyond belief. 3rd gen forward solved this, but unless you roll lapras, hypno/Ala, exeggutor and rhydon, theres not many god things waiting for you. I guess megneton also exhists for Lorelei.

• Like 1

Kabutops and Dragonite aren't that good for normal gameplay, it takes too much work to get them to the levels you need them to be. The latter is in the slow experience tier (So lots more grinding that you could have used on any of the others) and evolves very late, while the former joins at level 5 near the end of the game.

Plus, Starmie isn't in his version.

Kabutops and Dragonite aren't that good for normal gameplay, it takes too much work to get them to the levels you need them to be. The latter is in the slow experience tier (So lots more grinding that you could have used on any of the others) and evolves very late, while the former joins at level 5 near the end of the game.

Never played 3rd gen Kanto... Heck, never played Kanto.

HEATHEN

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

HEATHEN

Never owned a Gameboy. Don't blame me.

HEATHEN

Never owned a Gameboy. Don't blame me.

Are you talking about the first one, advanced, or both?

I think a lot of the criticism of Gen 4 and 5 is over the top and fairly undeserved, and it makes me cringe, as someone who did play Red and Blue, to see people on YouTube trashtalking Diamond/Pearl and Black/White, or anyone that hasn't played the first two Gens. A common complaint is the lack of originality in Pokemon design. "A chandalier for a Pokemon WTF?" they cry, but then I counter that with Muk, Magneton, Electrode and Geodude. Furthermore, said chandalier is a part-Ghost type, so ghosts taking possession of inanimate objects... yep, sounds like a common theme alongside a lot of other games/movies/books to be honest. A living rock? Hmm... I'm not so sure.

Another criticism is that they're too easy. To them, I say they can only make that statement after finishing off the Battle Subway. I haven't, so I won't claim the game is easy at all. What I will claim is that the main storyline is accessible to players of all skill levels (including they who must not be named--children), but the game itself has features that test those even at the top.

Further still, I think designing a game which can be played by such a large group of people with such varying differences in skill level is an incredibly hard task, and one that Nintendo and GameFreak does pretty well, all things considered.

only the 5th gen annoyed me due to so many pokemon that looked like complete copies (woobat... that jellyfish) Every gen has had loads of fairly unoriginal ones (woo another pidgey pokemon...).

Enjoyed the game still overall but there seemed very little to do after beating the league compared to other games, got bored after that.

What I would really like in the next game (or any games) the most however is some sort of challenge Pokemon games always feel lacking heavily in difficulty, don't think I have actually lost to any of games since when I was like 8 on gold. Not saying make the main storyline extremely difficult, but I think gold is the only game to have any trainers with a pokemon above level 80, which you can still beat with a level 60 team.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The problem there is that it's Youtube comments. :razz:

The Pokemon series can be summed up as "The generation that was going on when I was a kid is the best. No arguments. Everything else sucks", unless you're open-minded about the whole thing (In which case, what the hell are you doing on the internet?). Gen 1-2 "fans" are the worst because there are so many of them, but nowadays generation 3 is getting in on the action.

Every generation has its stupid/unoriginal designs and bad mechanics and such.

• Like 1

Because people would farm the Exp if they made trainers that high. I'm not saying Exp Farming is bad--that's a seperate argument, which if you want to have, then fine--but Nintendo's agenda is pretty obvious in the randomness that stats are given to Pokemon. No real way of controlling IVs, which point-for-point are more significant than EVs etc.

I think with it being an RPG-ish adventure, it's quite easy to set your own challenges. Like, don't evolve your Pokemon, or don't use moves with power >= 70. There was one guy I remember who played through Blue/Red with all sorts of crazy challenges, like not using PokeCentres or Pokemarts, treat "KO" as "dead and never to return". Just like you did for Summoning in RuneScape, it's even easier to do in Pokemon because, unlike RS, there's just so many weapons to pick from, namely the Pokemon themselves.

Gen 1 is really overrated. It is nice and it sparked the series, but both the designs, progression and overall mechanics are very unpolished. Every single game released after is better.

I share similar thought also concerning how good it was. I personally think people only say Gen I is the best out of nostalgia more than anything. I don't see how anything about it was good aside from kicking a franchise off. And for me, the earliest I played was Crystal somewhere in 2002 or 2003 and I still don't like II, although I don't really feel nostalgic about it in the slightest as much compared to when I played Sapphire.

All of the generations have added things to the previous which are worthwhile (though I do admit finding the jump from gen iv to v a little lacklustre). The differences between the remakes of gen i and ii and the originals is plain to see.

Having played all generations I find gen ii and the remakes the best, mostly because of the extension of the game across two regions (really hoping one day they'll make a game across all regions). Back to the original point though, I'd recommend trying each of the generations, apart from the ds investment and the latest games they're not that expensive, and if you're really hard up for cash then you could always download an emulator.

If you're not liking gen iii fanboys then I think its probably going to get worse for you with the remakes for ruby/sapphire.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

• 4 weeks later...

Like how completing the Regional and National Pokedexes gives something fare more useful than a silly diploma? For me, it took me almost 30 hours because of usual grinding (well, not that much when I think about it) and general silliness.

• 2 weeks later...

On the note of trade

Does anyone have a Shelmet to trade with my Karrablast and then back again so I can get an Escavalier?

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;