Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

They just need to add a 100 base damage reliable Rock move, maybe even 90 or 95, and nerf SR to half of it's current damage. As it is, SR by itslef makes a wide array of 'mons completely unreliable, even if otehrwise they would have decent usage, like Vulcarona and Zapdos.

And please, for the love of Arceus, make that move almost always exclusive to Rock Types. The problem with Rock and Ground types, other than having very bad weaknesses, is that their moves can be learnt from EVERYTHING. Everyone knows Stone Edge and Earthquake, and that makes it that unlesss you have a great subtype (Gastrodon, Garchomp, Swampert) or superd stats (Tyranitar, Garchomp) you stand no chance to the onslaught of water teams or frequent EQ carriers. Having move exclusivity of a Rock type EQ to Rock type mons could mean the world of difference for stuff like Ttar, Gigalith, Aggron and Rhyperior.

And for [bleep]s sake, give Flareon Fire Blitz already.

• Like 1

Just getting back to the new typing: I've seen a lot of discussion on what pokemon will be retyped. I'm curious as to any moves that will be retyped/new fairy moves that will be introduced to non-fairy pokemon, even if they're not getting STAB, this could give some pokemon a boost when it comes to type coverage.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

It's base stats and abilities are terrible as well. Giving it flare blitz isn't going to solve anything. Base 65 speed is horrible for a physical sweeper.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

It's base stats and abilities are terrible as well. Giving it flare blitz isn't going to solve anything. Base 65 speed is horrible for a physical sweeper.

Imagine what a Guts Flareon can do in a Trick Room.... It can also easily come in on a special attacker and start dishing it out. It won't be anything OU or even UU worthy, but it would at least get some kind of usage.

Imagine what a Guts Flareon can do in a Trick Room.... It can also easily come in on a special attacker and start dishing it out. It won't be anything OU or even UU worthy, but it would at least get some kind of usage.

Too bad it can't use flame orb with guts, which means it has to use toxic orb and it won't be staying in very long at all.

Do you guys still exchange friend codes etc for DS/3DS and do battles etc? I sincerely wana try sorting my Wifi on my 3DS (I seem to be able to do anything and everything cept battle - where it drops out just as it's about to start) and giving a few friends some battles.

Also any chance you guys "rate" teams? :P

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I can rate teams.

As far as battling online goes.... I just use simulators because you can guarantee that things like sleep clause won't be broken, people won't be using more than 510 IVs, and it is so much easier to make and edit new Pokemon and teams. Wi-fi battles are just so slow because of battle animations and loading times. I do like battling with my friends with just infrared every now and then though.

• 2 weeks later...

CoroCoro got leaked.

Xerneas is Fairy-type, Yveltal is Dark/Flying. Xerneas has an ability called Fairy Aura while Yveltal has one called Dark Aura. Fairy Aura powers up Fairy-type moves while Dark Aura powers up Dark-type moves. Xerneas has a special move called Geo Control and Yveltal one called Death Wing

Pancham's evolution is called Koronda (コロンダ) and has the ability Iron Fist. It is Fighting/Dark-type. It has the move Hammer Arm and a new method of evolution

The Squids are called Maika (マーイーカ), the Rotation Pokémon, and its evolution Karamanero (カラマネロ) the Reverasl Pokémon and are Dark/Psychic-type Pokémon. Maika has a move called Turn Over which reverses stat changes. It's a Dark-type move

The puff ball is called Peroppafu ( ペロッパフ) and is also a Fairy-type. Its ability is a new one called Sweet Pale which prevents your allies from falling asleep. It's the Cotton Candy Pokémon and has the new move Drain Kiss. It is exclusive to Pokémon X

The pink bird is called Shushup (シュシュップ) and is Fairy-type. It is the Perfume Pokémon and has the ability of Healer. It knows the move AromaTherapy. It is exclusive to Pokémon Y

Honedge has the ability of No Guard

Clauncher is exclusive to Pokémon X while Skrelp is exclusive to Pokémon Y

There's a new Gym leader, with the robot arms, called Shitoron (シトロン) while the other Gym Leader is called Zakuro (ザクロ)

The professor is called Purataanu (プラターヌ). He will occasionally battle you.

The evil team is called Team Flair/Flare (フレア団)

CoroCoro is offering special Xerneas & Yveltal figures if you pre-order the games and send in a form

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Pangoro is bloody amazing and he'll be my bro in X.

The squids are Psychic Dark, they will have a vanilite chance in hell to be in OU, regardless of movepool and stats, Uturn will rip them apart.

Honeedge is looking better by the day, provided he has decent stats and movepool, he should be Ou or UU at the very least, amazing typing and ability!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh look, something nobody saw coming!

First off are various "Mega" forms of various Pokémon, specifically MegaBlaziken, MegaAbsol, MegaMawile, MegaMewtwo, MegaLucario and MegaAmpharos. They're all called "Mega". MegaMawile is Steel/Fairy-type, as is normal Mawile now. MegaMawile has the ability Huge Power. MegaBlaziken has Speed Boost. MegaLucario has Adaptability. MegaAbsol has the ability Magic Bounce

They "evolve" through a process called "Mega Evolution"

Pre-evolution of Gogoat is called Meekuru. It is 0.9m and 31.0kg

We have an Electric Fairy called Dedenne. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg. It is the Antenna Pokémon and has the abilities Pick Up or the new ability Cheek Pouches

The Rabbit is a Normal-type called Horubii. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg. It is the Digging Pokémon and also has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches

The Super Training facility is also showcased

A new character is shown called Koruni. She is a Gym Leader and holds the key to understanding Mega Evolutions

16:18: First event for Pokémon X & Y. Torchic to be distributed from October 12th to January 15th. Hold a new item called Blaziken Knight. Can eventually become MegaBlaziken. It's also mentioned to utilise something called a Mega Stone

Details and images can be found in the usual places.

Not quite sure why Absol and Mawile arn't just getting evolutions. Mawile's going to be a beast now. Steel/Fairy with Huge Power. It's just going to melt dragons. Lucario with adaptability is pretty damn strong too.

• Like 1

Not quite sure why Absol and Mawile arn't just getting evolutions. Mawile's going to be a beast now. Steel/Fairy with Huge Power. It's just going to melt dragons. Lucario with adaptability is pretty damn strong too.

I think this is Game Freak's way of making Pokemon stronger without needing to give them evolutions, keeping the Pokedex somewhat smaller and organized.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Don't quite get the need for MegaBlaziken... It's already massively strong, it's a starter (and notably the only starter so far to be listed amongst the Megas) AND Dream World gives it the speedboost ability which bumped it from OU to Ubers already...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I don't get why MegaBlaziken gets speedboost though, it's already got that ability.

Mega Kangaskhan was revealed today, it makes the baby get older and able to fight, and gets the ability Paternal Bond which lets it attack twice.

Am I the only one finding it amusing Mega Mawile, a Pokemon with a typing combination that is very anti-dragon, somewhat resembles Iris?

As for the other Mega evolutions, I am really glad Ampharos and Absol are getting some love, Kangaskhan is going to kick ridiculous amounts of ass, and Lucario being outright vicious. As for Mega Blaziken, I am not fond of that other Pokemon that actually need a Mega Evolution might get ignored and that its item is confirmed to be event-only.

Also, I am going to make a bet that Korrina is a Fighting type gym.