Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

So I bought my first Nintendo console (3DS XL) today. And Pokemon Y to match it. Haven't got to the first gym yet, but I'm lovin' it so far. Chose Chespin because Chesnaught looks like he don't even care what your puny Greninja/Delphox gotta say 'bout nothin'.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Took me 18 hours to get to the 2nd gym. I've heard the game speeds up after this though. I spent a lot of time doing random wonder trades and ev training my vivillion. Team thus far is Vivillion/Honedge/Hawlucha/ and I'm looking for an Inkay with contrary. The two I caught turned out to have suction cups. I might add barbacle to my team. I've kept frogadier with me but I'll probably replace him with sylveon when I can catch an eevee.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Took me 18 hours to get to the 2nd gym. I've heard the game speeds up after this though. I spent a lot of time doing random wonder trades and ev training my vivillion. Team thus far is Vivillion/Honedge/Hawlucha/ and I'm looking for an Inkay with contrary. The two I caught turned out to have suction cups. I might add barbacle to my team. I've kept frogadier with me but I'll probably replace him with sylveon when I can catch an eevee.

I've got a Contrary Inkay if you want it. Just tell me what kind of Vivillon you have.

[spoiler=]1381820335233_zps5c121e95.jpg

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

My Vivillion is Modern. I found an Inkay so I don't need one, however If you want a modern vivillion we can trade. 

Anyone else hooked on Wonder Trades? If you don't know, you basically put a random poke in, and get a random poke from someone else. I've filled up a whole PC box of pokemon from other people, mostly garbage, but it really helps with the lottery numbers and you have a chance to get a nice/rare/version exclusive poke. I've just been dumping anything I've caught and don't want, like solrock/extra bagons/all those extra inkays/etc.

Currently EV training my honedge for 252 hp 252 atk.

Found a rather nice Easter Egg. If you go to one of the southern houses in Courmarine City, there is a guy with the Ace Trainer sprite that will offer to play you a certain song from the Gen V games. The song in question is "Emotion". 

Has anyone been making any weird discoveries playing X & Y yet?

EDIT: Talking to the girl with her Marill in Courmarine's Hotel with the lead Pokemon having high friendship rewards you with a Lucky Egg.

Found a rather nice Easter Egg. If you go to one of the southern houses in Courmarine City, there is a guy with the Ace Trainer sprite that will offer to play you a certain song from the Gen V games. The song in question is "Emotion". 

Has anyone been making any weird discoveries playing X & Y yet?

EDIT: Talking to the girl with her Marill in Courmarine's Hotel with the lead Pokemon having high friendship rewards you with a Lucky Egg.

In one of the office buildings in Lumiose City, if you go to the 2nd floor a ghost girl will appear behind you, start floating around you and say, "No, you're not the one".

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

0731-4855-7765

Just got past the 5th gym and I absolutely love it sofar :D Even better than I imagined it would be! 

Edit: Added everyone upto now :)

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

25 hours in, 4 badges, team is Malamar Doublade (waiting on a few moves before evolving, I have the dusk stone ready), Vivillion, Hawlucha, and Greninja. Using Diggersby as an hm slave because he gets pickup and learns cut/strength/surf/rock smash. I've only properly ev trained doublade and vivillion so far. It's tedious so I only do 1 a day. 

Also, I think this is confirmation shiny rates have been drastically increased.

EKM1SxE.jpg

• Like 3

I have yet to run into a Shiny in X/Y, likely due to not encountering as many mons. My first unscripted shinies were a Dunsparce and Geodude.

Also, I decided to take the time to upload the saved photos I took in Kalos to my computer. Here is my weird fashion sense (the first is the most recent):

xbRhliF.png
0cnFVj0.png
qYvbosc.png

Got the game today! And a Timid-natured female Froakie... on my first attempt. And a female Charmander... on my first attempt (Naive nature as well, not bad either!). Not too shabby, in my opinion.

Oh, I got a Ditto through Wondertrade. Only took 3100+ Pokemiles.

ozXHe7P.png

I'm about 45 hours in now, 7 badges, just caught Yvetal. My team is Vivillion, Aegislash, Greninja, Mega Gengar, Malamar, and Hawlucha. I've pretty much soloed the entire game with Vivillion, using greninja for double battles and the occasional poke vivillion can't handle. 

Finished the Elite 4 today at about 50 hours. My safari is electric with manectric, pachirisu, and helioptile. Pretty garbage, but if you want solar power helioptiles use my safari. 

ALG yours is water with Quagsire, Octillery, and won't know the last until you finish the e4. 

Some pokemon got stat buffs for the first time since the gen 2 special defense introduction.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

Most notable, Scolipede gained 10 attack giving it 100 base attack along with speed boost. Alakazam also received 10 special defense, bringing him to 95.

Defog now removes hazards including rocks and spikes on both sides of the field. 

The ability infiltrator now ignores subsitutes. The ability oblivious now is immune to taunt. 

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedabilities.shtml

Some pokemon got stat buffs for the first time since the gen 2 special defense introduction.

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

Most notable, Scolipede gained 10 attack giving it 100 base attack along with speed boost. Alakazam also received 10 special defense, bringing him to 95.

Defog now removes hazards including rocks and spikes on both sides of the field. 

The ability infiltrator now ignores subsitutes. The ability oblivious now is immune to taunt. 

http://www.serebii.net/xy/updatedabilities.shtml

Also sound based moves such as Boom Burst, Hyper Voice, and Uproar ignore Substitute.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Finally opened this thread again after 2 weeks :P

1521-3714-6337. Adding you guys. Think my Safari contains Ivysaur and Oddish, not sure about the last.

E: Brother's is 4441-9488-3570.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Managed to get myself a Modest Mewtwo with perfect Def SpAtk and Speed IVs. Currently super training him for spatk and speed. Training my Zygarde as well. Hp/Attack evs and going to run coil/glare/outrage/eq. While it's pretty much 100% certain that mewtwo and his forms will remain ubers, Zygarde has been speculated as ou/uu thus far.