Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

In relation to my previous post, the same guy managed to find these, which are supposedly Megas.

latias.jpg

latios.jpg

As much as I want to theorize that either Soul Dew is retconned into Latinite or their megas give the same boost as a Soul Dew but legal in the facilities, I cannot help but note how... weird they look.

• Like 1

In relation to my previous post, the same guy managed to find these, which are supposedly Megas.

latias.jpg

http://www.serebii.net/latios.jpg

As much as I want to theorize that either Soul Dew is retconned into Latinite or their megas give the same boost as a Soul Dew but legal in the facilities, I cannot help but note how... weird they look.

There's another theory about that one. Instead of being a new mega, it's possible that there might be a way to fuse latias and latios, which would give you the purple color. That 3d model is used for both latias and latios. 

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

That seems like a rather interesting theory. I know the Soul Dew is going to be released as an event item or something (so it gets added for Lati@s fans), but the fusion never came to mind.

Also, praise the Pixie Pony!

TsfqfQS.jpg

I heard some rumors there are other Vivillon patterns we have yet to see but yet to find any of those images.

The floette is just leftover from the ingame story, they had to have a model of it. The two vivillion patterns (especially the pokeball one) will probably be event vivillions where they advertise it as an exclusive pattern. 

I think that last one is just data from AZ's Floette. Maybe the fact you can battle it indicates a future event where you befriend it after AZ dies due to using up his life energy after all that time? I still don't get where the hell he went after the parade.

I agree with Lep that the Vivillons (especially the Poke Ball pattern one) are event patterns and not regional ones.

Current competitive team:

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave
- Aqua Tail

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Disable
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Toxic Spikes

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [ice]

I'm really lacking in rock coverage and priority right now. I play in the pokebank OU tier since that's the tier that will be standard once pokebank comes out. Any suggestions (prob gonna give roserade lefties instead of orb)

So people have figured out some of the parent -> children IV passing is set before the egg is even given to you and now you (if you have a decent stock of IV spreads of that egg group or dittos) you can breed near perfect IVs in a third of the time.  Made getting honedge 31/31/31/xx/31/0 easier.

And for your team, if you have sylveon with pixelate you should use a normal move (I think hypervoice might be an egg move?); if not may as well use the other ability.

I think you can also either change gyrados or gengar moveset or change out roserade or heatran to get your coverage/priority.

Sc.png

So people have figured out some of the parent -> children IV passing is set before the egg is even given to you and now you (if you have a decent stock of IV spreads of that egg group or dittos) you can breed near perfect IVs in a third of the time.  Made getting honedge 31/31/31/xx/31/0 easier.

And for your team, if you have sylveon with pixelate you should use a normal move (I think hypervoice might be an egg move?); if not may as well use the other ability.

I think you can also either change gyrados or gengar moveset or change out roserade or heatran to get your coverage/priority.

Gyra is currently my go to counter to talonflame, intimidate is great at stopping that stupid bird from putting on a long sweep. Gengar honestly isn't pulling his weight, so I'll prob swap him for something like an orb'ed terrakion with quick attack/stone edge/close combat/xscissor, unless someone has a better suggestion. 

As for sylveon, I should just swap his ability to cute charm instead, it was something I overlooked. I've had a lot of success with his kit so far so I want to keep it. If moonblast wasn't so strong I might consider using a normal type attack for the added power, however moonblast has a 30% chance to lower special attack so I can't justify using anything else.

Heatran provides me with fire/poison immunity for anything aimed at sylveon/aggron. Aggron really is a powerhouse. Only his lack of leftovers hurts him, and that's why I have a wish passer. 

Roserade is a very important grass coverage that my team lacked ( I got walled by a gastrodon in my first game with this team), immunity to spore, and can get rid of toxic spikes should they come up (haven't seen them yet though). 

Thinking about Gengar now though, losing him means I lose ground/fighting immunity, which are good opportunities to switch in. Hmm. 

Apparently people have been glitching wondertrade and sending out bad eggs so use cautiously. If you happen to get one all you can do for now is isolate it by itself in it's own box. It kind of ruined my plans to trade away 3 boxes of things today.

Sc.png

Is it bad that I haven't played Pokemon since the Silver version? Looks quite interesting with these new versions, do they work with the first generation DS? I have a first generation from 2003 and can't really afford a new DS right now.

Any DS game can work with that I think, just lower quality or something, but X/Y is 3DS only. Not sure what the 3DS prices are now in your country but 2DS is a cheap alternative if you don't mind the horribly ugly looks of it.

The last time I played a Pokemon game before buying White was Sapphire back in somewhere that same year. I didn't have much an issue transitioning personally.

Anyways, about to wrap up the Team Flare plot on my Y Locke (Only 2 deaths, woo-hoo). Azumarill is making me wonder why the hell I even picked Froakie in my X game in the first place.

Azumarill is making me wonder why the hell I even picked Froakie in my X game in the first place.

Because it's a trickster ninja Water/Dark type?

Same reason ALG picked Chespin, and I plan on picking Fennekin once I get my Kalos game?

Whyyyyyy did they make Game Sync work like it does

Perform a Game Sync in order to transfer your Pokémiles to the PGL, buy a metric [bleep]ton of Rare Candies, then like 3-4 minutes later, try to perform another Game Sync to transfer the Rare Candies back, Rejected! "Game Sync has ended because the server was busy" over and over.

[/rant]

oh? there's a way to score moar rare candies? 

Also bought Pokemon X today via digital download, since hardcopy wont arrive in AUS for another 3 weeks. Doing the challenge where you capture 6 pokemon, wonder trade each one until you have 6 unique pokemon, then finish the elite 4 with those pokemon.

Popoto.~<3

I just bought a 3DS/XL and Pokemon X. It's my first Nintendo Handheld and Pokemon game since a Gameboy Color and Pokemon Yellow. I know there's been a ton of changes to the meta game, can anyone point me in the direction of some helpful resources?